Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Yeah, Dave was way off base on that. Doesn't he remember the 8-10 months of CM Punk chants we got after Punk left last year? People are so dissatisfied with the company right now that anyone who is publicly seen to be acting against Vince is going to get themselves over as a mega face.

If he does end up leaving, that match is going to be hilariously awful. I wonder if they'd even put it on last. Lesnar would have no reason to put Reigns over in any meaningful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The only other match they could put on last would be HHH/Sting and I really don't think that's strong enough, not to mention that HHH might not want to be put in the position of being out there right after the crowd gets pissed off by Reigns winning

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm expecting Brock to get a hero's sendoff from the WM fans if he is leaving this time. Like "thank you Lesnar" or "please don't go" chants during the match.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'm expecting Brock to get a hero's sendoff from the WM fans if he is leaving this time. Like "thank you Lesnar" or "please don't go" chants during the match.

"Take us with you!" *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

"Take us with you!" *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Well, a big part of the reason Dana's prepared to throw more huge checks at him is that he thinks that he will.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Fans were still chanting for Punk long after he left, fans aren't so much loyal to WWE anymore as much as they are resigned that this is all the wrestling they're getting. I reckon they'll cheer Brock or at worst try and chant for Daniel Bryan.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fans were still chanting for Punk long after he left, fans aren't so much loyal to WWE anymore as much as they are resigned that this is all the wrestling they're getting. I reckon they'll cheer Brock or at worst try and chant for Daniel Bryan.

Making Bryan the ref might actually cause a repeat of 2004, except instead of stunning both guys and riding off on an ATV they'll both lay him out to prove he's nothing but a geek

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider:

quote:

No, that's not the name of a new TNA PPV, but sort of an explanation of what's happened to Vince Russo in the last few hours.
As we wrote yesterday, Vince Russo quit his own website, which left a number of questions about how such a thing could actually happen.

Well, Russo posted a 26 minute video on Youtube this morning. The video starts out with a six minute skit where Russo prepares to be on the phone with his old writing partner "Fast Eddie" (Ed Ferrara) where he claims that the entire run of his website has been a swerve leading to him making $80 off a recent Chyna video and now he's running off with the money.

As silly as that sounds, Russo then tells the "real" story of what's happened to his website. Without going into specifics, citing that his "Jewish lawyer from New York" has told him not to, Russo said that there were issues with his website that he was not made aware of until Wednesday.

Russo then said that on Friday, he attempted to post a story about the WWE Hulk Hogan Appreciation night at Madison Square Garden because of what a big deal it was for Hogan to have a banner hung in MSG....only to find out his password for the site had been changed.

Russo said he then went on Twitter and posted a comment, only to then learn his Twitter password (which had been set up for him) had been changed as well, so not only was he locked out of his own website but his own Twitter account as well.

Russo noted that he had been off the Internet for the entire day (although he knew enough to reference me by name regarding the story I posted on PWInsider yesterday) and had just learned that subscriptions for his site had been renewed. Russo said that he hoped to get to the bottom of the situation and hopefully have subscribers' money returned, since they paid for him and wouldn't be getting him (and to be fair, he was the draw of the site and what people werepaying for). Russo also said he has a "friend at Twitter" who hoped to get his account returned to him this week. He also said he was able to get his mailing list to reach out to fans.

So, Russo was placed on Lockdown from his own website and Twitter, the former of which he never actually owned and the latter of which, he never changed the password for after it was created. Russo's video appeared to make it clear he was at least researching what he could do legally.

Of course, this being Russo, there are always some follow-up questions which beg to be asked. Russo noted that he was locked out of the site (unable to post his Hogan story), yet a story was posted and deleted that a new Vince Russo "experience" was about the start, which you can see at this link. So, if Russo was able to post that post (which was yanked) why couldn't he post the Hogan story?

No word yet if this all leads to a website on a pole match...and Vince, since I know you are reading, it was you who once said everything just sounds funnier on a pole in a Kayfabe Commentaries interview. I'm just agreeing with you!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WxNL0WqAgw

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is Russo capable of doing anything without a swerve?

Also, "Stop killing the Wal-Mart Road Warriors!" -Kevin Sullivan

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Twitter account reclaimed:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
justice did not prevail

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

His password is now password1 instead.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

His password is now password1 instead.

It's actually 'guest'. It was 'swordfish'.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Twitter account reclaimed:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Oh my God a fire! .... let me call you right back, Bryan."

That's a man with his priorities straight on the latest Wrestling Observer Live.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Points off for not inserting a sideways Scott Hall portrait in the background

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Observer Live is getting its own RSS feed tomorrow.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I love hearing Bryan use wrestling terms when talking about non-wrestling things.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The bit where the caller is complaining about not getting a birthday greeting from Bryan while Mike is just cracking up in the background was hilarious.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

mariooncrack posted:

I love hearing Bryan use wrestling terms when talking about non-wrestling things.

calling play action "Worked Handoffs" during the superbowl was the height of everything

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nerokerubina posted:

calling play action "Worked Handoffs" during the superbowl was the height of everything

Yeah this hahaha

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Nerokerubina posted:

Bryan's wrestling bubble is mostly obnoxious, but that comment was hilarious

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Dunbar posted:

Yeah, Dave was way off base on that. Doesn't he remember the 8-10 months of CM Punk chants we got after Punk left last year? People are so dissatisfied with the company right now that anyone who is publicly seen to be acting against Vince is going to get themselves over as a mega face.

If he does end up leaving, that match is going to be hilariously awful. I wonder if they'd even put it on last. Lesnar would have no reason to put Reigns over in any meaningful way.

Agreed on your first point, WWE fans love making GBS threads on the front office. Brock walking could easily get him more cheers.

As far as Brock having an intentionally poor match, I don't see that happening. Even if he leaves, he will want to keep the door open for a return. He's probably going to fight 1-3 times, then be done. I also think he cares about his matches, he has busted his rear end during this last run.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan is like, the most un tech savvy person in the world.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

Bryan is like, the most un tech savvy person in the world.

Bryan's use of technology is pretty funny but there's no way he's less tech savvy than Dave.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan's use of technology is pretty funny but there's no way he's less tech savvy than Dave.

Bryan at least tries to solve tech problems by buying things from the Apple Store. Dave probably has an old telegram machine sitting around, just in case he has to go back to sending the Observer that way.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I was listening to the Bryan and Vinny TNA compilations on youtube and it's hilarious how quickly it goes off the rails so quickly. My favourite moment was Bryan's quietly resigned "This show is piss." Yes it is Bryan, yes it is.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm not going to be able to listen to it until later today, but if you're into WTF today has Mick Foley on the show. Marc Maron's interviews with Colt and Punk were pretty cool.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_581_-_mick_foley

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I liked those interviews with Punk and Cabana (it's actually the best Cabana interview I remember hearing) but there's only so much Santachat I can abide. It's March.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

After watching Kathy Bates' character in American Horror Story: Freak Show, every time goddamn Ryan From Cumberland calls in all I can hear that goddamn accent

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I listened to the Austin/HBK podcast recently. I enjoyed it when HBK said he "worked himself into a shoot", that expression always cracks me up

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Konnan said on MLW that when Russo was at the Lucha Underground tapings he tried to convince Konnan to put Chyna on the show. :whitewater:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MSL worked as a carny to gain experience before getting into wrestling. :allears:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

from cornette's interview with James Mitchell....

"Reverend Jimmy Ray Snakehandler" is a fantastic gimmick name

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

WeaponX posted:

from cornette's interview with James Mitchell....

"Reverend Jimmy Ray Snakehandler" is a fantastic gimmick name

My favorite part was him forming his own "tag team" when he was 9, antagonizing bigger kids on a basketball court until they'd kick his rear end, jumping over the fence and saying they won the cage match.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I liked those interviews with Punk and Cabana (it's actually the best Cabana interview I remember hearing) but there's only so much Santachat I can abide. It's March.

He actually barely mentions it. It comes up briefly but it's more just a general conversation between the two, including a great story about when he was dating a woman as Cactus Jack for six months.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Gallows' new voice is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Muddy Burphy posted:

Gallows' new voice is great.

Heh hell yeah man!