Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

IRC there hasn't been a streetpass update since firmware 8.x

There's an exclamation point in a red circle next to the update icon.

I set up HomePass on my Windows laptop which was surprisingly easy. I thought it required a dd-wrt router or something. Nope! Now I'm racking up those street/spot passes. Gotta finish some 3D puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bonobos posted:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror fate.

Worth my time or massive piece of poo poo? Reviews seem to be mixed. Loves me some Castlevania, but hate lovely games.

If you go into it with absolutely no expectations you might be able to find it to be okay.

Don't play it on the 3DS, though. And certainly don't play the 3DS demo, the demo is atrocious and runs worse than the real game.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Heran Bago posted:

There's an exclamation point in a red circle next to the update icon.

I set up HomePass on my Windows laptop which was surprisingly easy. I thought it required a dd-wrt router or something. Nope! Now I'm racking up those street/spot passes. Gotta finish some 3D puzzles.

I have never got Home pass to work correctly on my machine. Frustrating.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Phantasium posted:

If you go into it with absolutely no expectations you might be able to find it to be okay.

Don't play it on the 3DS, though. And certainly don't play the 3DS demo, the demo is atrocious and runs worse than the real game.

You better listen to the Vampire Killer himself. Dude knows what's up.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have 780 club nintendo points, a 3DS, and a WiiU. I already have Wonderful 101 so what should I get? Are there any stand out games?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I have 780 club nintendo points, a 3DS, and a WiiU. I already have Wonderful 101 so what should I get? Are there any stand out games?

Kid Icarus if you don't have it already for some reason

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Earthbound.
Kid Icarus.

I'm pretty sure those are the top recommendations on each of the two platforms.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns are two other great choices.

Game and Wario is also a good one if you want a fun multiplayer Wii U game that doesn't require more then one game pad.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

RadicalR posted:

Me neither, but I can live without it since college provides a decent amount of regular streetpasses.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

RadicalR posted:

I followed this guide:
http://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/640/homepass-for-3ds-version-94-on-windows
Only I renamed the supplied .txt file as a .bat file and ran it with an admin command prompt.

If you own a Raspberry Pi there's something called SpillPass, which gets the occasional update:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/spillpass-for-raspberry-pi-v1-6.355768/

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 2, 2015

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I'm looking for some earbuds to use with my system, does anyone have/know of any that stand out for durability and quality? Also a 90-degree plug is a plus.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just buy $10 ones at the gas station.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Apple ear pods are pretty great, they'll run you about $30 usually but I think you can get them on sale from Amazon for $20 sometimes.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Get the $6.50 JBuds from Amazon. They're pretty awesome.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Queue raging about LE art orientation.... now

I like the dock.. Not as nice as the one that laid flat but it's better than fishing out the drat cable all the time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm looking for some earbuds to use with my system, does anyone have/know of any that stand out for durability and quality? Also a 90-degree plug is a plus.

The best ear buds you can get that are under 8 bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPH...asonic+ear+buds

I've owned them for close to a year and they're still solid.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The best ear buds you can get that are under 8 bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPH...asonic+ear+buds

I've owned them for close to a year and they're still solid.

Listen to this man.

ChaosArgate posted:

Apple ear pods are pretty great, they'll run you about $30 usually but I think you can get them on sale from Amazon for $20 sometimes.

Don't listen to this man.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Bought Phoenix Wright Trilogy on the eshop but just discovered that it's much cheaper on iOS. Same for the 3DS game, which I will keep in mind if I'm not burnt out on the series after finishing these games.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Trilogy on iOS is actually a really bad port. The 3DS version is supposedly much much better.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
My friend picked up Tomodachi Life and used a few of the Miis I sent him, like:

Hank Hill

Tommy Wiseau

and Raiden

It looks like a pretty fun game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's very shallow and looking at screenshots of whatever wackiness is probably just as fun as playing it

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

epitasis posted:

It's very shallow and looking at screenshots of whatever wackiness is probably just as fun as playing it

Oh well. At least he's at having fun sharing them.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

flyboi posted:

Queue raging about LE art orientation.... now

I like the dock.. Not as nice as the one that laid flat but it's better than fishing out the drat cable all the time.

At least the alignment is proper on yours. I saw a picture of one where the graphic was clearly at least a centimeter off to one side. Talk about something you'd never be able to un-see.

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

epitasis posted:

I don't think it's shallow, but rather you don't get very much put of a single play session. There's a lot to do and see and find, but you're meant to play a little bit at a time and there's only so much the game will let you do in a day, like Nintendogs. It's basically Nintenpeople.

Though, if you don't care much about who the characters are or creating your own story, then you can still get a lot out of screenshots/let's plays, I agree.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I ended up not going back to WalMart last night.

But today I saw that Toys R Us price matches fredmeyer.

I can confirm you can get Smash for $20 at TRU right now. Just bring the fred meyer link in.

Also picked up their last copy of Golf for $10. So $70 of games for $30. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Now I have a feeling I will have to buy some amiibo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I ended up not going back to WalMart last night.

But today I saw that Toys R Us price matches fredmeyer.

I can confirm you can get Smash for $20 at TRU right now. Just bring the fred meyer link in.

Also picked up their last copy of Golf for $10. So $70 of games for $30. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Now I have a feeling I will have to buy some amiibo.

Are you on the east coast? Tempted to maybe try price matching to fredmeyer but I'm in PA and idk how far away I can get before the store'll just go "nah we won't price match that don't be ridiculous"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FirstAidKite posted:

Are you on the east coast? Tempted to maybe try price matching to fredmeyer but I'm in PA and idk how far away I can get before the store'll just go "nah we won't price match that don't be ridiculous"

I'm in CA.

On TRU website it states that they price match fred meyer.

I couldn't find a caveat against it and they didn't question it. I just showed them price on my phone and they were fine with it.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

Just occured to me I could have picked up those pokegames, too. Maybe I'll wander back.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm in CA.

On TRU website it states that they price match fred meyer.

I couldn't find a caveat against it and they didn't question it. I just showed them price on my phone and they were fine with it.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

Just occured to me I could have picked up those pokegames, too. Maybe I'll wander back.

Thanks, I guess I could just call and check if they will in fact pricematch to them even tho they're on the other side of the country lol

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Are there any tycoon or building games on the 3ds? I'm looking at rollercoaster tycoon 3d but from the looks of it they should have just ported over the original. Thinking about the original has me wanting to build things.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

Thanks, I guess I could just call and check if they will in fact pricematch to them even tho they're on the other side of the country lol

I wouldn't call, I'd just go in. In my experience with retail they have a lot more confidence on the phone vs in person.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Red Robin Hood posted:

I wouldn't call, I'd just go in. In my experience with retail they have a lot more confidence on the phone vs in person.

I just meant just calling to make sure the local one will price match fredmeyer or frys or whoever has the deal on pokemon ORAS

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

FirstAidKite posted:

I just meant just calling to make sure the local one will price match fredmeyer or frys or whoever has the deal on pokemon ORAS

Well if they give you sass, just point them to their company website: http://m.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Good job posting that link I posted just a few above you. ;)

I just played a round of golf. I like the game. Looks like it will be a lot of fun once I learn a bit more. As it is, I made it through a round at par. Good job me!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Waltzing Along posted:

Good job posting that link I posted just a few above you. ;)

I just played a round of golf. I like the game. Looks like it will be a lot of fun once I learn a bit more. As it is, I made it through a round at par. Good job me!

Ahh whoops. Oh well.

In other news, just got my decalgirl skin in. Have to say that the matte is a whole lot nicer to grip on to. Did not really like how the inside skin looked, so just opted to put the outside skin on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'll just post this here because it is as good as anywhere:

Is Nintendo pronounced Neentendo in Japan? I ask because Ni is Nee and there is no i sound like tin.

This has been causing me great consternation. Have we been saying it wrong all along?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Nolgthorn posted:

Are there any tycoon or building games on the 3ds? I'm looking at rollercoaster tycoon 3d but from the looks of it they should have just ported over the original. Thinking about the original has me wanting to build things.

Natsume is localising an A-Train game right now, it should be out soon.

Other than that, you're basically looking at DS games. There are a couple Sim City games that look like shovelware but aren't (one of them is a reskinned SC3000), and a Theme Park remake that I haven't played but is apparently pretty okay. There are also some surprisingly good adaptations of Anno for DS (not that they're tycoon games, but I guess they're vaguely similar), and Japan got a remake of Sim Tower/The Tower.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

Is Nintendo pronounced Neentendo in Japan? I ask because Ni is Nee and there is no i sound like tin.

This has been causing me great consternation. Have we been saying it wrong all along?

Japanese is a strange language and has a lot of weird quirks. Pronunciation and phonetics are a couple of them.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Waltzing Along posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eirKMfnYJ4

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

FirstAidKite posted:

Check out the link to TRU he posted. It says that TRU will, in store, match selected online competitors. They specifically list FredMeyer.com. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up, there's a new firmware update that allegedly breaks the region-free exploit.