Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yodzilla posted:

Haha yeah I told her about this and she said she's changing the name to the latter. She didn't realize at the time how the sounds were interchangeable and she apologizes for her basic level weebness. :v:

Based on the things you've said, I'm starting to get an idea of this woman...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Based on the things you've said, I'm starting to get an idea of this woman...

Have you made your judgment on if she deserves success and happiness yet? I'm waiting for your decision before I back.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

burger time posted:

Have you made your judgment on if she deserves success and happiness yet? I'm waiting for your decision before I back.

It's not a good sign that she can't even pronounce the name of her game.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME

boom boom boom posted:

It's not a good sign that she can't even pronounce the name of her game.

You're either a lovely gimmick or a lovely person but either way you should stop posting

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Broken Loose posted:

Hey guys, I was out of town wooing investors. I was hoping that somebody would be like, "He hasn't posted in a few days so maybe he's not around," but whatever.

I posted an update to the campaign. The public release demo is available, with a lot of the printing issues addressed (manual layout changed, less wasted paper, address label layout for the sticky page). It's available here. It's also on the BGG page but in pieces due to filesize limitations. It also has Leo in place of Libra, which is a surprise treat for those who have the earlier version as well.

Tomorrow, I'll post an addition to the $250+ tiers. Wanna keep up a brisk update schedule after this.

Is there still plans for an update to the $100 tier to make the deluxe kit more deluxe or did that end up not being feasible?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Archenteron posted:

Is there still plans for an update to the $100 tier to make the deluxe kit more deluxe or did that end up not being feasible?

There are still plans, but I will give a more definitive answer to this after I improve the tier immediately above it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Have any of the reviewers you've given copies to offered you an ETA on when they're going to have videos or comments about it up? With less than two weeks left they don't exactly have a long time.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Countblanc posted:

Have any of the reviewers you've given copies to offered you an ETA on when they're going to have videos or comments about it up? With less than two weeks left they don't exactly have a long time.

Not yet. :C I'm hoping the public demo fills in the gap somewhat in the meantime.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I checked my petz boxes. I had exactly 3 center pegs extra.

I've got about half a dozen spare after finishing Dark Alleys I think. I'd be happy to send them over for cost of shipping, PM me. But really, email CGE, according to BGG they're happy to send stuff like that if it's missing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

canti32 posted:

You're either a lovely gimmick or a lovely person but either way you should stop posting

Oh come on, the woman included a Japanese word in the title of her card game that she didn't know how to spell. That absolutely deserves mockery.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

boom boom boom posted:

Oh come on, the woman included a Japanese word in the title of her card game that she didn't know how to spell. That absolutely deserves mockery.

The extraneous U's aren't actually necessary. See: Shonen Jump, which is shonen, but can also be spelled as shounen. While she mixed it up a bit by putting an extra u in one and not in the other, it's not really critical or even necessarily wrong. You're being a sadistic weirdo for no reason, knock it off dude

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Shut the gently caress up, dude. No one cares.

Winson_Paine posted:

The old thread was huge and sort of hard to navigate as well as filled with BATTLES. We are rebooting.

This thread is a CELEBRATION of all things crowdfunded by Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or whatever other automated begging service folks are using to generate their stuff. Post links to your Kickstarter here and your pitch, and I think at least to start we can use it as a discussion of the game in question in case you want that personal touch that means so much with the folks making it.

(...)

5. The last version of the thread was plagued with fights over which Kickstarters were good and which were bad. This is not really the thread for that. This is intended as an information clearinghouse. The deal is you are allowed to like or dislike whatever you please, and express that here. If you look at your post and discover you are giving a half assed lecture on art history or just yelling at someone for being a poo poo, this is probably not the place for it. Again, if you find yourself wanting to brawl over what belongs on Kickstarter or in the Industry in general, this is the place to go. Go here. If you post your wisdom in the announcement thread, you may be dinged.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

new thread title is super topical

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's true

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is cool and I like the artstyle, so I will probably pledge to it.

Yea I'm in at the base 'get 2 starter packs' level, I probably won't play it any more than a couple 'haha check this out' things with friends but it's a cute style and has a good purpose, I'm cool throwing money at it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

thespaceinvader posted:

I've got about half a dozen spare after finishing Dark Alleys I think. I'd be happy to send them over for cost of shipping, PM me. But really, email CGE, according to BGG they're happy to send stuff like that if it's missing.

Thanks, but three is exactly what I needed, so I should be good.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
The Strike Kickstarter's almost done! Less than 48 hours left and I've got lots of messages to reply to. This thing has been a lot of work - not a full-time job like some people said, but definitely a lot of time.

Anyway, if it's true that the last two days are nearly as good as the first two, it's looking like we'll hit the $8000 stretch goal and who knows, maybe even get up to $9000 if there's a big push. There have also been fewer jerks than I expected. I guess I figured that doing something public on the internet would bring out trolls, but it seems like most of the people who don't like it or who are opposed to the inclusive art have been keeping their terrible opinions to themselves. I only got one guy commenting on the blog about the sexist game he was going to run and he got swiftly told off by a couple of fans. I was pretty happy to see that. The hobby really isn't all grognards, even if they are the loudest.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Goddammit I'm having trouble completing a payment AGAIN.

So like, ever since Kickstarter changed its payment method from Amazon to whatever the hell they are using now, apparently my bank pings it as fake, and I cannot fix it until the bank contacts ME. I cannot call the bank and have it fixed since THEY don't get the freaking info immediately.

Aaand I still have like 3 products waiting to finish, one that will be done in the next couple of days. I cannot WAIT to have to deal with this again, and wait until the bank hopefully contacts me in a timely goddamned manner.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, the PbtA Wrestling RPG that was kickstarted a back in October was released at the beginning of last month and seems to be doing very well for itself. Its the first KS I ever backed, so I feel pretty :3: about all this "help make something succeed that might never have without KS" thing.

quote:

State of World Wide Wrestling RPG

Looks like it's already time to print more books! I reached out to some retailers that I've had positive interactions with in the past, and the stock they want to order is taking up the rest of the books I have on hand. This means that I've sold out of the 143 "extra" books I was able to print thanks to the Kickstarter. They went about 10% fulfilling KS backers, contributor and review copies; 40% direct sales and 50% into retail.

Basically, I've sold more books post-Kickstarter of WWWRPG than I generally sell out of my back catalog in a YEAR. That's amazing. PDF sales have been very strong as well.

Even better, we have an active but not insular (I think) community here, with you folks contributing your awesome ideas and having fun discussions. That's huge for me, and really makes me happy to see. In the wider internets, people are playing and talking about their play of the game, which is the lifeblood of small press publishing and I couldn't be more pleased with.

So. A huge success story for me, as a creator and publisher, so far. And thank you all for being part of it. It's rad. YOU ARE RAD. Keep it up!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

lmao you're either a gimmick or you're dumb as poo poo

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Fungah! posted:

lmao you're either a gimmick or you're dumb as poo poo

Let's be fair, it could be both

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got my Dungeon Lords shipping confirmation! :woop:

Departed - Hodgkins, IL, United States, Friday, 02/27/2015

FWIW this was just a UPS notice -- I didn't get anything about it from Kickstarter or anyone. Just a 'Hey you have a package scheduled!' sort of thing. I'm in Virginia.

Gomo
Mar 26, 2012
The Edge - new miniature universe by Awaken Realms https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/the-edge-new-miniature-universe/
just went live. Been following these guys for a bit. The models look very cool so far.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Gomo posted:

The Edge - new miniature universe by Awaken Realms https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/the-edge-new-miniature-universe/
just went live. Been following these guys for a bit. The models look very cool so far.

It's me, I'm the dork making snap judgements because everything about that project just sounds like the quintessential "typical Kickstarter project" that people roll their eyes over. A grimdark post-apocalyptic steampunk universe for a game whose rules are easy to learn but hard to master etc. etc. Also while I agree that the miniatures themselves do look nice for what they are, the whole religious guys with chainswords versus generic demons setup looks fantastically boring and overdone.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

The rulebook in the pictures looks the length of a novel. :psyduck:

e: Which is funny, because everything else, including the tone of the written description, them describing themselves as a model painting company rather than game designers, model pictures take up 100x more space than the extremely brief summary of gameplay basics, screams "We're making some miniatures and reluctantly tacking on some rules because I guess that's what you're supposed to do"

Scyther fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 2, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I do like the clockwork angel sculpt. Has lots of possibilities.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm wincing at all of the typos in the pitch, especially the ones baked into the graphics themselves. That's amazingly professional, that is.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Broken Loose is my favorite poster, completely unironically. That's why I cursed him with my Tyranid army, as stated in my will.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Scyther posted:

The rulebook in the pictures looks the length of a novel. :psyduck:

e: Which is funny, because everything else, including the tone of the written description, them describing themselves as a model painting company rather than game designers, model pictures take up 100x more space than the extremely brief summary of gameplay basics, screams "We're making some miniatures and reluctantly tacking on some rules because I guess that's what you're supposed to do"

This is the overwhelming impression I get from a lot of Kickstarter miniature games projects, that whoever's doing it is pouring most of their effort into making good sculpts...and a lot of times what's being promised do look like good sculpts, or "good" in the case of elaborately detailed tentacle rape titty figures or whatever...but I can't help but feel that the games going along with them are more of an obligation than anything else and that they'd be better suited to just releasing a collection of bespoke miniatures for use with whatever.

On the other hand, I have a feeling that pitching things as a game helps drive more expensive pledges. If it's just "pretty figures, the Kickstarter" people will probably go into it thinking "okay, I like that one and that one...yeah, I'm good now" but if it's a game, well then you obviously need an army, or more properly two since you can't count on anyone you want to play the game with also having pledged to the same obscure wargame Kickstarter so that means you'll need the Deluxe Double Warbox tier, and if you're going to go for that, well then you might as well spring for the extra add-ons since it's only $30 more, etc.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Pretty much everything Kai Tave said above. I know some miniatures loving guys who literally couldn't care less about the game attached to a given set of models, and just wants to expand their model collection with more cool looking poo poo to paint, use in RPGs, use in pre-existing engines as proxy models, etc. But putting the KS in any category other than games would just be shooting themselves in the foot.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bieeardo posted:

I'm wincing at all of the typos in the pitch, especially the ones baked into the graphics themselves. That's amazingly professional, that is.

I've seen worse, e.g. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1077002769/plains-of-cedonia-game-board-design-miniatures-pla (DO NOT visit their linked website it's full of malware) - pretty much an ur-example of what not to do.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

I've seen worse, e.g. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1077002769/plains-of-cedonia-game-board-design-miniatures-pla (DO NOT visit their linked website it's full of malware) - pretty much an ur-example of what not to do.

overwalming talent

This is amazing. Everyone needs to look at this.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

This is amazing. Everyone needs to look at this.

Man the comments section is already swinging into Hollytown territory.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Final Attack Update #5 posted:

1 BACKER REWARD INCOMING.

I hope you're all enjoying that demo, because things are heating up! All backer tiers from the $250 level upward will now receive an additional reward to everything already stated:

You will receive a Fornax H1 body pillow! This blushing beauty will be plaintively laying down next to you on a 2-sided cotton body pillow depicting both its front and back!

As stated, this backer reward will be retroactively applied to all tiers from Tiara Heart Spiral! on upward. For those of you on the lower tiers, don't fret! More cool stuff is coming for you, too!

BL, what the hell is even wrong with you. :syoon:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
BL that is amazing!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Zark the Damned posted:

Risks and Challenges posted:

Our commitment is solid to everyone of our backer. we will work hard to fulfill all orders. A close communication is the key to a satisfaction relation between our delivery and each backer.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Gutter Owl posted:

BL, what the hell is even wrong with you. :syoon:

What...what does the backside look like?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm actually more fond of Fornax as the game's mascot than I am of Final Kaiser. There's just something incredibly endearing about a gigantic barbeque with crab claws in 70's monster of the week colors.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

What...what does the backside look like?

Nothing nasty, although the third leg comes out in a really awkward position.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man the comments section is already swinging into Hollytown territory.

Haha holy crap. I guess they even actually got real actual permission from Reaper to use their minis? That's loving bizarre, especially when they do poo poo like this:

quote:

You said it "your name" listen to your self I think the creator can name it what they may. Stop the negativity if you have nothing good to say please don't say it at all.

quote:

Hope people like you will some day Get it! but I they are in ever industry. (and get a live).

quote:

OOOPPPs!

quote:

...........................OOOOPPPSSS

Hot drat, everyone watch the pitch video. See if you can spot every last copyright infringing thing! (My favorite was the USS Voyager!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Plague of Hats posted:

Risks and Challenges

Hahaha holy poo poo I thought you posted an excerpt and went to read the rest of it. Nope. That was the whole thing. :effort:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I do like the clockwork angel sculpt. Has lots of possibilities.

It's pretty nice but all the models are static and boring as gently caress. Literally every single model is standing there going. "Meh"

• Locked thread