Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's aged like a fine wine. Or an abattoir.

Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's a child of the Clinton administration, though.

(God, this place is old.)

or better: the Planet Quake administration

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Real Foogla posted:

or better: the Planet Quake administration

Well thanks for making me feel old shithead.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

As someone who works in the print industry, I can honestly say that doing serious page and text layouts in Photoshop kills puppies and makes baby Jesus cry.

Yeah you really want to go with Microsoft Word for everything ever. All of the computer. Forever.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I've been looking for a thread that had some of my favorite quotes, it was a posting battle on what I think was BYOB from years ago. One of them had an avatar that looked like a clay jester and I vaguely remember some unfunny guy trying to interrupt the battle only to get burned. Any ideas?

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Raserys posted:

I've been looking for a thread that had some of my favorite quotes, it was a posting battle on what I think was BYOB from years ago. One of them had an avatar that looked like a clay jester and I vaguely remember some unfunny guy trying to interrupt the battle only to get burned. Any ideas?

Can't be anything other than the incredible infrateal vs heebie-gbs thread from LF

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
From the GBS Russia thread

kalstrams posted:

now this is story all about how

my life is flip, turn upside down

and I would like to take a minute, just let me talk

I tell you how I bekome intern of plake kall Gulag

in northeastern Latvia born and raise

doing labor was how I spend most of my day

Farming, not relaxing, plowing in my slaks, hallukinate of malnourish outside kommunal shak

when a kouple of guys who are fight over food

start attrakt attenshun in my neighborhood

I witness one little fight, dauttir rape, son is flogged

They say "you're moving with extended family to Gulag"

they order for a kab and when it kome near

likense plate say Stalin and have scythe in the mirror

they beat me real hard, to the face 20 slogs

Politburo finish, say "take off to Gulag!"

I pull up to kamp, say "wasn't me, it was neighbor!"

And kabby yell back "ten years of hard labor!"

Look at my prison, I kant brethe bekause smog

As I markh down to prokessing room in Gulag

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Augster posted:

Can't be anything other than the incredible infrateal vs heebie-gbs thread from LF

This is it, thank you.

Infrateal posted:

heebie-gbs factsheet:

fat
gay
ugly
smell like a ballsack made of french fries
uglgay
has sex with chickens
got a chicken pregnant
hard-boiled his son
tiny dick
lost a fight to a breeze
fist-pumps whenever he farts
names his farts
is sad when his farts dissipate
still mourns Alice
browses SA with the cuss filter on. gently caress you

Infrateal posted:

GOD im so SICK OF THIS BULL SHIZZLE i hate my BITCH DAD i hate my gAY LIFE i hate.. .i hate the HOLE loving WORLD. Alllll i want to do right now is listen to some HARD loving METAL

*cd changer noise*

heebie-gbs (from inside stereo): eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! eee! saaataan! satan or whatever! eeee!

what the gently caress is this poo poo

heebie-gbs (from inside stereo): eee! do you beeelieeeeve in life after love? eeeeee

quote:

Infrateal: my verse, much like my ballsack, dangles free as the wind :c00l:

heebie-gbs: the wind, like my ballsack, caresses your face

Infrateal: my ballsack, unlike your face, has been caressed by something other than wind

heebie-gbs: my wind, unlike your ballsack, has never broken loudly in public to the horror of everyone around me

Raserys has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Mar 2, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
best of infrateal

quote:

speaking of advertisements for casual encounters, remember that time you wore a GLOMP ME shirt to an anime convention and walked around all day inside an impregnable bubble of personal space

quote:

in world war I primitive tanks carried bundles of sticks on the front of their hulls which they dropped into trenches so they could cross them and the term for these objects is "fascines" but they could also be termed "enormous faggots" and basically if a wwI tank ever goes to mars and needs to cross the Valles Marineris it should strap heebie-gbs to the front of its hull

quote:

when curtis lemay ordered his b-29s to switch tactics from precision daylight bombing with concussion bombs to nightime carpetbombing with leaflets bearing heebie-gbs posts the crews mutinied, claiming the order represented "soulless, vacuous depravity." only after he changed the munitions loadout to white phosphorous and napalm did they obey orders

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Windows 98 posted:

Gnarly, I was semi serious though about what I said earlier. I mean I roll with the punches and all, this is a comedy forum so I am not butthurt that I am on there. I guess I was just curious what exactly about my posting is so lovely. As I said before, I will 100% give you that my life decisions are unbelievably mockable and I am a giant goon of a human being. But aside from one thread that turned into a poo poo storm of over sharing about my life, I don't really think my posts are all that bad. I suppose you could say I am permanently branded by that thread. But honestly other than some poo poo posting I don't really see my posts as that obnoxious. If you disagree, let me know exactly what I am doing that seems to be sitting sideways with the rest of the forum. And I mean that sincerely. I like posting on SA, and if real constructive criticism about my posting can be given then I will try to make changes to be more of a tolerable person. And I mean constructive. Even though I already know people will be quoting this just to call me gay and poo poo post. I roll with the punches and take the mocking like a man. But I kind of assumed that was a lot of people just poo poo posting for the sake of an easy joke or an easy insult. I didn't realize people were truly annoyed by my posts.

Whatever. Not to be all melodramatic about it. But I like being a member here and it kind of sucks to be thought of as an outcast. I'd rather change how I post than continue on being the butt of every joke in every thread.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Was this a guy who raped a dog

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
No that's a different guy.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That's the guy who beat someone with a shovel and killed a woman with his car, actually.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

That's the guy who beat someone with a shovel and killed a woman with his car, actually.

What. I thought car killer was in jail?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

lord funk posted:

Yeah you really want to go with Microsoft Word for everything ever. All of the computer. Forever.

Actually, I find that PowerPoint has a much better graphics interface.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

2015 sucks too I guess

E: vvvvv it's

Cacafuego has a new favorite as of 05:16 on Mar 3, 2015

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Avenging_Mikon posted:

What. I thought car killer was in jail?

Apparently he's going to court for 3 counts of vehicular assault and battery, so I guess that's the guy who beat someone with a shovel and hosed up a few people with his car, actually.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Has that already been quoted here? Even if so, it's worth a revisit:

Windows 98 posted:

I said I would explain why I got it, so. To put it very shortly. As mentioned before 2014 was my rock bottom. Had my best friend from elementary school loving my (now ex) girlfriend behind my back. Had to move home because he was my loving roommate. A different roommate knew and didnt tell me, and that friendship ended which also ended my music career (which if I am being honest was going very very well. Like, thousands of copies sold well). I couldn't go back to school due to a restraining order that SHE got on me because she went to the same school, but I had already enrolled so now I'm in debt thousands of dollars. I have had 2 court cases in one year. one involving me beating a kid with a shovel which was assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Then recently I was charged with 3 more counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and felony reckless driving. I won't discuss the cases in detail but let's just say it sucks. I am in debt to my family nearly $8,000 in lawyers fees as well as thousands in restitution fees and probation fees. I lost my license indefinitely and totaled my car. I lost my job, because I needed my car to do my job (I have since thankfully gotten a much better job). And to be sincere, that is the tip of my iceberg of problems that happened in 2014 alone.

Ultimately I got it to remind myself that since then I have made great strides in my life to improve it. I got in therapy, put on proper medication, went through a 3 month long anger management course, got a better job, started working out, and dropped all my bad friends and have started to make new better ones, quit smoking. I want to look at it and remind myself that 2014 was the worst possible version of myself, and that every day forward is a day I can improve myself and be better than the 2014 version of me. Which was easily my rock bottom. Every day I can't ignore the fact that I have to be a better person than I once was. And also never to forget the things that did happen to me. Because as lovely as they are, those things are what brought me to the point where I actually turned my life around. Without them I still would probably be a half assed shmuck who isn't interested in being the best possible version of myself.

/endrant

Continue mocking me for my terrible decisions :)

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Mar 3, 2015

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Has it already been quoted? :justpost:ing anyway.

Wait is he the dude that paid to lose his virginity to a prostitute and asked for advice for a virgin special (to somehow make paying for sex seem less desperate)?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Haruharuharuko posted:

Wait is he the dude that paid to lose his virginity to a prostitute and asked for advice for a virgin special (to somehow make paying for sex seem less desperate)?
Afraid not.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Mar 3, 2015

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

drat confused the two oh well.

kalstrams posted:

now this is story all about how

my life is flip, turn upside down

and I would like to take a minute, just let me talk

I tell you how I bekome intern of plake kall Gulag

in northeastern Latvia born and raise

doing labor was how I spend most of my day

Farming, not relaxing, plowing in my slaks, hallukinate of malnourish outside kommunal shak

when a kouple of guys who are fight over food

start attrakt attenshun in my neighborhood

I witness one little fight, dauttir rape, son is flogged

They say "you're moving with extended family to Gulag"

they order for a kab and when it kome near

likense plate say Stalin and have scythe in the mirror

they beat me real hard, to the face 20 slogs

Politburo finish, say "take off to Gulag!"

I pull up to kamp, say "wasn't me, it was neighbor!"

And kabby yell back "ten years of hard labor!"

Look at my prison, I kant brethe bekause smog

As I markh down to prokessing room in Gulag

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Mar 3, 2015

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah, there was a different dude who went to prison for vehicular manslaughter. He was an LPer, mentioned he'd been in a drunken car accident at one point, got some sympathy for all the time he spent in the hospital, started up a Pokemon LP or something then disappeared, finally logging back in to post "Yeah, when I crashed my car drunk driving, I crashed it headlong into another car and killed the woman driving it."

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Kavak posted:

Yeah, there was a different dude who went to prison for vehicular manslaughter.

I love this forum. We have the guy that killed someone in a vehicle, the guy that killed someone with a vehicle, the guy who hosed a dog, the guy who got hosed by a dog, the guy who went on a shooting rampage, the guy who went on a shooting rampage in Libya, the guy who (etc)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't forget the guy who died in his parked vehicle.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Agean90 posted:

I love this forum. We have the guy that killed someone in a vehicle, the guy that killed someone with a vehicle, the guy who hosed a dog, the guy who got hosed by a dog, the guy who went on a shooting rampage, the guy who went on a shooting rampage in Libya, the guy who (etc)

To be fair they weren't all guys, just most of em

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
we have a guy who was tortured to death in a concentration camp. pretty metal

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Don't forget the guy who died in his parked vehicle.

Or the guy who OD'd on cough medicine. That was last year. His husband made an e/n thread about it.

That was actually pretty sad.

Oh, and people like Wren who died out of cancer.

And the countless legions of diabetes sufferers who don't post in games anymore. :911:

It's not all funny phenzaphem stories and spree killings here.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
And Vilerat :(

What was that about a concentration camp again?

e: :stare:

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 07:42 on Mar 3, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Caro.

We already counted him. He was one of the shooting rampages.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
does anyone have a link to the FYAD thread about Tim Allen destroying his career?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Karate Bastard posted:

And Vilerat :(

What was that about a concentration camp again?

e: :stare:

From the SAclopedia;

quote:

[Caro was] Last reported in branch 215. A prison of the Syrian Military Intelligence Directorate. Last seen half fed and asking people to kill him.

quote:

Is now confirmed, as per the mods who followed him during his batshit crazy trek, as having died in a Syrian torture prison.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Don't forget. We are all cia operatives.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

syscall girl posted:

Or the guy who OD'd on cough medicine. That was last year. His husband made an e/n thread about it.

That was actually pretty sad.

Oh, and people like Wren who died out of cancer.

And the countless legions of diabetes sufferers who don't post in games anymore. :911:

It's not all funny phenzaphem stories and spree killings here.

Who was the cough syrup guy?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

jaegerx posted:

Don't forget. We are all cia operatives.

Not all. :fishmech:

Teddybear posted:

Who was the cough syrup guy?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682018&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I dunno if that's archived or what. The deceased was the spouse of a goon, not a goon himself so my bad.

And I'm not linking that to diss on either of them.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

From the SAclopedia;

The Caro story is still the most bizarre loving thing to have come out of this place.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cock hero flux posted:

The Caro story is still the most bizarre loving thing to have come out of this place.

He should be headline news in all honesty. Not only is he an American tortured to death by a foreign government, but he was a dude with severe schizophrenia who went to the middle east with intentions on getting involved in a civil war not once, not twice, THREE TIMES, and never found his way onto a no fly list.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

He should be headline news in all honesty. Not only is he an American tortured to death by a foreign government, but he was a dude with severe schizophrenia who went to the middle east with intentions on getting involved in a civil war not once, not twice, THREE TIMES, and never found his way onto a no fly list.

He made it on NPR/Salon http://www.salon.com/2011/10/26/npr_celebrates_crazy_forum_trolls_decision_to_practice_unlicensed_medicine_in_libya/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be-QXSTOLx4

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Volkerball posted:

The fact that he survived the first two is newsworthy in and of itself. I read his story and just go "wait what the hell? This can happen? Ever?"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Wasn't Caro also the guy who challenged a cop goon to a boxing match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ChogsEnhour posted:

The thing to understand with the Cabin In The Woods(CitW) is that the true horror behind it comes from us, the viewer. In a true Marxist fashion the world is brought to an end by a golliath super-power which is a movie stand in for us, the viewers. It's US we're the elder gods and we demand the same trite ritualistiuc murder of horror protagonists. Just like in this film, which then performs the act almost verbaitim which placates us... The viewer. But it's not enough, no, the elder god (red, as in communism) something something feminism.

- CineD

• Locked thread