Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FutonForensic posted:

Is it just to hold clothes and maybe a towel? I just use a cheap drawstring bag.

Ideally it'd have to hold shoes, hygiene gear, sandals, change of clothes, and other random poo poo, so it can't be too tiny :( I just don't know if the Adidas gym bags that everyone has are worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Meister sells great cheap poo poo. It's all on amazon too.

http://www.meistermma.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=27_25&zenid=23163163ddae2c69ef4e3e72522d6c99

Breathable apparently (I have one of their smaller old bags which is the old see-through mesh and love it cause it's always airing out)This looks more closed but they say it's breathable so w/e

Then get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/OGIO-Black-611901-Ogio-Doppler/dp/B001LR08VW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1425014656&sr=8-3&keywords=hygiene+bag

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone know a good liquid soap that's like Bronner's but cheaper?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Need a gym bag- any suggestions? Doesn't have to be big.

I needed one last summer and found this on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YC3GF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fulfilled all my duffle bag needs and has survived being checked luggage like 4 times now.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Need recommendations on reusable water jug/containers to fill up with sweet sweet reversed osmosis filtered water at my grocery store. I suppose I am looking for 5 gallon containers, but will also consider 2-3 gallon ones.

p.s. - screw imperial units.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

Anyone know a good liquid soap that's like Bronner's but cheaper?

Not trying to sound like a poo poo but you can dilute Bronner's quite a bit and have it still be very effective.
I only say this because most people I know that use it, apply it like regular soap, no like concentrate.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Not trying to sound like a poo poo but you can dilute Bronner's quite a bit and have it still be very effective.
I only say this because most people I know that use it, apply it like regular soap, no like concentrate.

Oh definitely. I dilute that stuff, I dilute dish soap too. I just noticed family members doing the dish soap diluting and the stuff still works. I never have that much scrubbing to do.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I'm tossing out all my awful t-shirts for something a bit nicer. Who makes decent solid-color henley shirts with a college student budget in mind?

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
Not exactly a product, but I remember seeing somewhere on SA about a great place to buy prescription frames on the cheap. Someone was mentioning some measurement you needed to ask your eye doctor about and stuff. Any ideas?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Jewce posted:

Not exactly a product, but I remember seeing somewhere on SA about a great place to buy prescription frames on the cheap. Someone was mentioning some measurement you needed to ask your eye doctor about and stuff. Any ideas?

zennioptical, optical4less

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

I'm tossing out all my awful t-shirts for something a bit nicer. Who makes decent solid-color henley shirts with a college student budget in mind?

Kohls?

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Etrips posted:

zennioptical, optical4less

Sweet, thanks!

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Jewce posted:

I'd recommend Warby Parker as well. I like their stuff.

For my own request, I don't fly much and I'm starting to plan a honeymoon. Are all the travel sites basically the same? Is there any goon-secrets for travel/flights?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Jewce posted:

Zenni is good, the measurement you are talking about is pupillary distance, most eye docs will do it for you for free with an eye exam, but a lot are charging for it now because the online eyeglass places are cutting into their business.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Ishamael posted:

Zenni is good, the measurement you are talking about is pupillary distance, most eye docs will do it for you for free with an eye exam, but a lot are charging for it now because the online eyeglass places are cutting into their business.

Thanks, I took a look at both sites and saw the pupillary distance stuff. It's for my mom and she said that she'll talk to her doc about getting it.

Thanks again to those that helped!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Jewce posted:

Thanks, I took a look at both sites and saw the pupillary distance stuff. It's for my mom and she said that she'll talk to her doc about getting it.

Thanks again to those that helped!

I know mine took the measurement but it wasnt on my prescription form. I just called in and they looked it up in their system and gave it to me.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Recommend me a universal remote that will do TV and Roku.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Had universal remote chat some pages back but this is the most popular no frills one. Goes to $100 often

Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Smartphone App and Simple Remote - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ5RYI4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Bfo9ub0W261HX
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ5RYI4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Bfo9ub0W261HX

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
If you aren't looking to spend $100+ the Harmony 350 has most of the features of the Harmony line (primarily, ability to be programmed via USB) for under $40.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

That cheaper one looks good but I actually wouldn't mind dropping $100+ so I don't have to juggle 4+ remotes, it's ridiculous. I have a smart TV but it's UI or whatever is a freaking joke.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Any recommendations for a good wireless keyboard with trackpad for my Samsung H6350 smart TV? Looking for something simple but don't mind paying for quality.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Any recommendations for a good wireless keyboard with trackpad for my Samsung H6350 smart TV? Looking for something simple but don't mind paying for quality.

One of the logitech keyboards come to mind. You have the more expensive K830 or the cheapo K400.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah was looking at those and the k400r which is the 400 with some minor changes that not a lot of people seem to be a fan of apparently. Illumination seems nice, though. Need to double check comparability I know this smart TV at least can be finicky

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Do you like the Samsung? How's the web browser?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I haven't had a chance to mess around with the web browser much. But the smart features are actually usable unlike most smart TVs from what I've seen. Still a bit sluggish as expected. But you can even get plex and some other obscure apps. I've only had it for a bit so I can't give you a huge review but paired with a soundbar it's definitely a nice setup. The reviews are convincing enough. Just keep watching slickdeals.net these are going pretty cheap as they rid 2014 stock

From what I read in the reviews the browser is decent

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I know there are a bunch of shaving threads or something on here but I'll be damned if I can find them, anyone know a good brand for beard oil? Mines been unruly this winter so I figure I can give it a try.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

ZeusCannon posted:

I know there are a bunch of shaving threads or something on here but I'll be damned if I can find them, anyone know a good brand for beard oil? Mines been unruly this winter so I figure I can give it a try.

Don't know if there is a beard specific thread or not, but here is the Wet Shaving Megathread over in YLLS.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

ZeusCannon posted:

All the oils I have tried have been, well, too oily. I use Honest Amish cream and it works great. The trick I have found is constant conditioning and brushing, washing it well in the shower, but only shampooing once a week, or after eating ribs. The shampoo really drys my beard out and makes it frizzy.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I'm willing to try whatever at this point because the winter frizz is just getting annoying. Ill look for that honest amish brand thanks.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know a good mic stand that works with the Blue Yeti? This guy:

I need one that can clamp to a desk, and can attach a pop filter.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I am looking for a specific high end office chair. I remember seeing it on the website where it's design was around the different seating positions we generally do in a chair. Sitting up, sliding down and lounging, legs in the chair, etc. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Lots of stuff. Herman Miller Embody or Aeron, Steelcase Leap or Gesture.

We have a thread dedicated to office chairs: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383243

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

What's a good brand and/or model of front load washer? LG seems to rank highly in general consumer ratings, but individual reviews say it's full of design flaws and difficult to actually get warrantied. What else is out there? Reliability and performance are top priority, price a distant third.

E: I've had a Herman Miller Aeron chair for over a decade now. That thing is great.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Etrips posted:

Lots of stuff. Herman Miller Embody or Aeron, Steelcase Leap or Gesture.

We have a thread dedicated to office chairs: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383243

Thanks. It was the Gesture I was thinking of. I may have to settle for a used Leap or Aeron because I can't seem to find a used Gesture and I sure as hell am not going to pay 1,000 for a chair.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

various cheeses posted:

What's a good brand and/or model of front load washer? LG seems to rank highly in general consumer ratings, but individual reviews say it's full of design flaws and difficult to actually get warrantied. What else is out there? Reliability and performance are top priority, price a distant third.

E: I've had a Herman Miller Aeron chair for over a decade now. That thing is great.

Sweethome is suggesting LG too :p: http://thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-washer-and-dryer/

Also, if you haven't had a front load before, remember to leave the door open after a washing to let it dry out. I've yet to encounter a front loader that doesn't develop mold if you keep the door shut.

edit: Original post said Kenmore elite, I missed that Sweethome was updating their suggestion.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Any recommendations for a pair of really durable straight fit jeans? I like my Levis 505s but they wear out at the crotch from abrasion really fast (1-2 years).

Edit: Assume I can pay 50 bucks max for a pair of jeans because the rent is too drat high.

Blindeye has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Mar 7, 2015

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Blindeye posted:

Any recommendations for a pair of really durable straight fit jeans? I like my Levis 505s but they wear out at the crotch from abrasion really fast (1-2 years).

It's time to upgrade your life to raw denim. Try Naked & Famous and the denim thread in YLLS

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Its been 50 years of taco bell and they still don't serve horchata.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Blindeye posted:

Edit: Assume I can pay 50 bucks max for a pair of jeans because the rent is too drat high.

One to two years of use out of a $50 pair of cotton pants isn't that bad. I have some hiking pants that are going on 10 years now with just minor repairs but they were about double or triple that price.

If you really want jeans I used to wear Carrhart ones at work and they would last a year or two under very rough construction site use. They are bulky and ugly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
My old Sonicare is on its last legs, so I'm in the market for a new tooth brush. What's considered to be the "best" electric tooth brush these days?