Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

aerion111 posted:

All our cats have always been 'the cat'
The dogs get names, sometimes even nicknames (they often don't care about all the syllables, so I find you've got a few 'variations' you can use with any particular dog-name)
But the cat is always 'the cat', and the two cats I can remember have acted so similarly that I've got trouble telling them apart (especially since the current one's the daughter of the first one, so there's a family resemblance)

Both of my dogs respond to "dog". They have actual names but I rarely use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

So very indignant at having his weapons deactivated.

How hard was it to get these on?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

casual poster posted:

It's hard to say - Undead Waterfowl has gotten very good at putting them on. He was, of course, indignant and acting like he was being murdered the whole time. But if a cat's more or less OK with having their paws manipulated for de-sharpening time (OMG our cats will loving not use scratching pads), they're not too hard to put on. I've even done it once, and I suck at cat-ownership.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Cat got out today hit the wall of snow out the door and came right back in

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Cat-sicle! :kimchi:

The 'What the gently caress just happened?!' expression just kills me.

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.

Haruharuharuko posted:

I think his expression says "What the poo poo is this? This is your fault somehow."

Love it.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

A Very Grumpy Bird.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Haruharuharuko posted:

This cat has seen things. Things Cat was not meant to know. :cthulhu:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Winklebottom posted:

The delayed blinking in the first one is the cutest thing to me for some reason.
a lot of animals do that, iirc it's so they can blink without losing sight of what's going on around them
cats do it a whole bunch and it's almost as adorable

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Zeus, blind owl with starry eyes--

"Zeus’s eyes look the way they do because of vitreous strands. Our eyes are filled with a substance called vitreous which tends to form clumps of collagen floating around it. We call this ‘floaters.’ In Zeus’s case, he doesn’t appear to have an iris or lens."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

a lot of animals do that, iirc it's so they can blink without losing sight of what's going on around them
cats do it a whole bunch and it's almost as adorable

Cats also seem to do it as a sign of adoration. When mine's staring at me and blinking, it usually means he wants me to come over or hop on my lap for petting.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Im having a bad day I need more pictures of weasels meerkats red pandas and the like.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bimmian posted:

"Zeus’s eyes look the way they do because of vitreous strands. Our eyes are filled with a substance called vitreous which tends to form clumps of collagen floating around it. We call this ‘floaters.’ In Zeus’s case, he doesn’t appear to have an iris or lens."

My god, it's full of stars :magical:.

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

Rumda posted:

Im having a bad day I need more pictures of weasels meerkats red pandas and the like.

Feel better soon! Here's a bunch of stuff.

I found no meerkats in my folder, but I had this... Close enough

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Rumda posted:

I come bearing mustelids.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

I love the resignation at the end.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I think pregnant meerkats are funny

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2CTVqt2wxU

:kimchi:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I love when he sees the camera and just pops up like "Sup?"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

casual poster posted:

I have two cats that I've put them on. One cat - no big issues. She just lays there and takes it. (Also doesn't really mind getting her nails trimmed too much.)

The other cat - pain in the rear end. And as you would expect, doesn't really like the nails being cut.

The real issue is that they're put on with super glue. With a cat that decides to fight it, you kinda need two people. Keeping a cat in position, manipulating their claws, getting glue in the claw cap thing (Soft Paws?), and then putting them on - all while the cat is saying "Nah, this sucks. I want to leave now" can be a bit of an effort. If you have a second person applying the glue for the caps it's a lot easier. If like cat #2 above - the cat doesn't really trust anyone else - it's chaos. "Oh - I'm upside down, you're messing with my claws, gluing things to me, AND there's another person here who clearly is going to kill me if they can? Hell no."

I stopped using them due to the amount of effort it was taking. Just easier to keep on top of trimming nails on a regular basis.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Least Weasel, Most Cuteness

Wish I had even half of that guy's energy.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Look at this picture

weasels piloting bird planes

what is the world coming to

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Thread needs more seal pics. Also, big floppy dogs.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

bimmian posted:

Wow that's weird :catstare:. Are their pictures of humans with this condition?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Look at this picture

Forth, Eorlingas! :black101:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That bird looks so panicked and surprised, I can just imagine the weasel launching itself out of a tree and onto it to try and get a meal.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rumda posted:

While I have no pictures to contribute, I wanted to make sure that you were aware of the red panda awareness thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702007

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Captain Monkey posted:

That bird looks so panicked and surprised, I can just imagine the weasel launching itself out of a tree and onto it to try and get a meal.

That's exactly what's happening, that weasel is :black101:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Ducks(?) using dog as pool ladder:
http://i.imgur.com/bbtjiKn.gifv

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Weasel-kazi!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Azhais posted:

While I have no pictures to contribute, I wanted to make sure that you were aware of the red panda awareness thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702007

I wasn't but now I am! I am super aware of red pandas. :3:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SirPhoebos posted:

Wow that's weird :catstare:. Are their pictures of humans with this condition?

Here's one I found. It's not bad looking, but I'll link it in case anyone is weirded out by strange looking eye conditions.

It's called aniridia (no iris) and aphakia (no lens) if you want to look into it more.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Like a glove

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

bimmian posted:

He looks like he's gonna take me on a magical adventure. :kimchi:

I've had a rough week, can I request as many cute owls and cats being bad at being cats as possible?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

You want owls?

I can give you owls!

More owls than you can handle!

Actually, that's not true.

You can probably handle way more owls than this. Quick, bring more owls!

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I am jaguar, hear me roar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkIMUfamxI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Something happened over the last weekend that I feel should be shared in this thread.

This is one of my sister's dogs.

She's a mini...husky...thing...who was a rescue, and is super shy and nervous around people. She's got a look that shows her occasional craziness, but is perfectly sweet when she manages to chill out.

She was staying at our mom's place over the weekend to be babysat, but the back door was left open and she got out, and got lost.
The entire weekend was spent in a frantic rush around an ever-expanding region surrounding the neighborhood, putting up signs, making calls, driving, running, biking, and just asking random people on the street for any sign of her. At one point in time, we actually tried reaching our mom just to check in with her for some morale support, only for there to be no answer, resulting in a brief panic that we'd managed to misplace our parent as well (but everything was fine there, she'd just taken a break from the search to act in a play she was in because there was no understudy).

Second day of the search, eventually word was had of sightings of the dog in the woods near an apartment complex some five or six miles off. According to the people, she was running around nervous, avoiding everyone, and impossible to catch to check tags or anything. This is pretty much how they knew they saw the right dog, at least.

Sister gets back into town finally, morning of the third day, and joins in the search herself, and in her own words: "I was out walking to where she was seen, thinking how slim my chances were of finding her, when I heard dog tags behind me. I turned around a few seconds before she jumped on me."

Just like that. Crisis over, and family reunited.

Back home, chilling like nothing ever happened, with the other dog, an extremely sensible and even-keeled half-shepherd-half-corgi who's example should be followed.

Love your dogs! Secure your fences! But never give up if this stuff happens. We were getting all kinds of stories of lost dogs being reunited with their people after months or even years, and sometimes all it takes is a familiar face (or familiar scent) and all is well.

• Locked thread