Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I always love seeing these for the art and getting the perspective of people we're told to loathe. But the fact that he's holding the nightstick flute with (mostly) correct hand technique just makes me irrationally happy. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tom Guycot posted:

god I loving love Pope's Tony Abbott so much.

Is there any particular reason why Abbot is only wearing a tie and loincloth?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

"sound language"

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

iran wouldn't get the drop on obama in the negotiations with Iran if netanyahu and the GOP stopped distracting him.

AGC

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

prefect posted:

Is there any particular reason why Abbot is only wearing a tie and loincloth?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

I don't understand the context but would you mind if I took this as an avatar?

Abbot is indulging in foreign adventurism to have something he can get positive press on because there was a big blowup over some National Health Services change his party wanted to push through.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

albany academy posted:

iran wouldn't get the drop on obama in the negotiations with Iran if netanyahu and the GOP stopped distracting him.

AGC

isn't... isn't that the exact point of the cartoon?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

isn't... isn't that the exact point of the cartoon?

No, its clearly that Iran wants to shoot netanyahu but there's a big elephant in the way and Obama is protective over endangered species

Tuco
Jul 24, 2006

I look good too!

Why are these guys going after the Ned-folk?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

zoux posted:

Hey rorus John Hodgman reblogged your net neutrality edits on tumblr.
http://www.johnhodgman.com/post/112540831413/the-cartoonist-has-no-idea-how-net-neutrality

So that's why that took off. I only wish Raz had a blog or something I knew of that I could have linked to.

Rorus Raz posted:

Finally, I am an internet celebrity.

If there's anything I've learned, it's all fun and games till a humorless Asian-Australian ruins it for you.

Ughnnggggggggghhhhhh

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Gravel Gravy posted:

I don't understand the context but would you mind if I took this as an avatar?

sure, that's why I shrunk it down :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This Bors cartoon is basically the same one he made when Steve Jobs died, but (a) the criticism is still relevant and (b) I like his Shatner

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

That. Shatnerian. Delivery.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

loquacius posted:

This Bors cartoon is basically the same one he made when Steve Jobs died
His obit for Jobs was him getting an ironic punishment for profiting off Chinese slave labor.

Is it possible you thought of the wrong person because I don't see what's so similar beyond "non-Christian person at the Pearly Gates" which isn't really the core of what the cartoon is about.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

This Bors cartoon is basically the same one he made when Steve Jobs died, but (a) the criticism is still relevant and (b) I like his Shatner

That one that's just an eye has to be a Ramirez.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

frankenfreak posted:

His obit for Jobs was him getting an ironic punishment for profiting off Chinese slave labor.

Is it possible you thought of the wrong person because I don't see what's so similar beyond "non-Christian person at the Pearly Gates" which isn't really the core of what the cartoon is about.

It's also quite heavily about taking the piss out of obituary cartoons and how they're all bland, pointless and drat near identical.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

TheOneOutside posted:

Why is that duck dynasty guy taking hostages?

Because she was going to join the armed forces. She's clearly not actually on deployment, since women are given birth control injections while on deployment. So she was clearly kidnapped and raped in order to impregnate her and is now being held at gunpoint in order to prevent her from getting an abortion.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Don't Jewish people believe in heaven, anyways? I realize the old testament doesn't talk about it as much as the new testament does, but the Jewish God and the Christian God are supposed to be the same. Unless you believe God segregates Heaven by denomination:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah but they probably don't believe that St. Peter is manning the pearly gates.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Bors does great Obit cartoons. His one on Hitchens perfectly captures the man.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

No, that's what I was talking about.

"Everyone is drawing this non-Christian being judged by St Peter which is kind of inconsiderate to the deceased" is what I see as the main point in both cartoons; the ironic-punishment thing was just the punchline for the Jobs one in my eyes but whatev :shrug:

seiferguy posted:

Don't Jewish people believe in heaven, anyways? I realize the old testament doesn't talk about it as much as the new testament does, but the Jewish God and the Christian God are supposed to be the same. Unless you believe God segregates Heaven by denomination:

Heaven as we know it is pretty much 100% a Christian ideal; Judaism deals with the afterlife very little at all. The closest thing to an explanation I've heard from an actual authority is "you have a certain amount of land in the afterlife based on how many mitzvahs you did." We CERTAINLY don't have a hell.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I like everything about this panel :allears:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

It'd be a fantastic avatar.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I don't like these cartoons. It's just "If no global warming, why not cold?". The oppinion may be right, but weather still doesn't work this way.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Bors more than any other cartoonist is spot-on when it comes to meta stuff about how the industry functions. His obit and Halloween cartoons are some of his best.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Between the shirtless Putin and Speedo Abbott cartoons, I'm left wondering how the cartoonist community would have portrayed Anthony Weiner had he made it to higher office. I'm sure at least a few would have him naked with an iphone strapped over his junk, but I think the UK cartoonists in particular would have a field day with him.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

I don't like these cartoons. It's just "If no global warming, why not cold?". The oppinion may be right, but weather still doesn't work this way.

I think it works as a point about the fragility of weather based discussion of climate.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Air is lava! posted:

It's also weird timing when large portions of the U.S. have just experienced one of the coldest and/or snowiest Februaries on record.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
[small]WHY DO WE LIKE BORS AG- shut it.[/small]

albany academy posted:

"sound language"

I tripped over that, too, but I like it. It's an obnoxious, angry version of sign language interpreter that clearly communicates that, although he is using spoken word to speak to an audience about security, what he truly wants to slaughter people in a prison city.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

zoux posted:

Yeah but they probably don't believe that St. Peter is manning the pearly gates.

Mmm, it kind of makes sense that IEHOVA would have punished Shimon the fisher for following a false prophet and made him a lowly doorman for all eternity.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Branco's seething hatred for "GOP EST." never fails to entertain

The cartoonist doesn't understand how net neutrality works

This strikes me as being pretty culturally insensitive, but I love the art :3:

:effort:

Also this is kind of old news, but occasionally-posted turd William Warren hung 'em up last month :patriot:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

:cawg: did Obama do anything in particular to make McCoy think he doesn't know middle eastern history, or is it just more "Obama is dumb and also Bibi is coming to the US"?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

alnilam posted:

:cawg: did Obama do anything in particular to make McCoy think he doesn't know middle eastern history, or is it just more "Obama is dumb and also Bibi is coming to the US"?
What do you think?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Post 9-11 User posted:

[small]WHY DO WE LIKE BORS AG- shut it.[/small]

I tripped over that, too, but I like it. It's an obnoxious, angry version of sign language interpreter that clearly communicates that, although he is using spoken word to speak to an audience about security, what he truly wants to slaughter people in a prison city.

i get the point of it but it's just really clumsy

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I mean obviously McCoy should be the one reading the book. I'm just wondering if there was a particular :airquote: gaffe :airquote: recently, since this seems like it could be a pretty specific jab.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

This strikes me as being pretty culturally insensitive, but I love the art :3:

Am I missing something? What's culturally insensitive? I just see it as "drat, there are a lot of ethnic and religious groups that Americans know nothing about but whose existence actually makes a huge difference on the ground and so we should probably try to learn about them if we ever hope to not gently caress up when dealing with the world." Am I missing some hidden and horrible meaning?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

How can anyone take Bibi seriously on Iran any more? Even Mossad knew his cartoon bomb speech was utter horseshit.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

Oh gently caress me I found Robotnik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

alnilam posted:

"Netanyogsothoth SCHOOLED Obama" was the conservative meme last time, so of course Glenn couldn't come up with something new.

It might even be a re-run!

• Locked thread