Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sharmat posted:

I pretty much only played obscure Catholic or Orthodox counts

Absolutely nothing changed other than you can create a ridiculously expensive custom kingdom or empire now, in that case. Oh and you can convert to the culture/religion of your capital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
my last game was trying to turn Russia Greek as that one Byzantine count on the Crimea in the earliest start date before Charlemagne. It was pretty epic making the Kingdom of Taurica and rebelling from the Emperor + fighting the Russians, until the Golden Horde came and killed me

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

my last game was trying to turn Russia Greek as that one Byzantine count on the Crimea in the earliest start date before Charlemagne. It was pretty epic making the Kingdom of Taurica and rebelling from the Emperor + fighting the Russians, until the Golden Horde came and killed me

I did that a long time ago and I was disappointed to find out greek culture cannot make empire of khazaria so you hit a wall.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the Karlings had taken over the Byzantine Empire and made every single other Greek culture ruler except for the dudes under me Catholic so I was too busy fighting that clown car to worry about expanding all over the steppe as Khazaria

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

the Karlings had taken over the Byzantine Empire and made every single other Greek culture ruler except for the dudes under me Catholic so I was too busy fighting that clown car to worry about expanding all over the steppe as Khazaria

Oh man in mine I accidentally inherited Byz, every single Byz kingdom, + Italy due to my extreme power and influence under Byz and I had to give them all away since they werent part of my goal.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
you are better than me at this game, pewdiepie

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess Charle fixes that Khazaria problem by letting you make custom empires. It costs like 8000 prestige and a boatload of gold, + requires a lot of realm size.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Heres my insanely hosed up europe from that game and my epic race mixing family tree . It was probably my favorite CK2 campaign overall.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Trigger warning: borders.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that Sweden is disgusting but not as disgusting as a major Karling presence in 1444 AD

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

that Sweden is disgusting but not as disgusting as a major Karling presence in 1444 AD

It was like 1300 when I called the campaign and that italy was the only Karling kingdom, and it wasnt particularly Karling due to it was previously ruled by Muslim Robin Hood and a member of my dynasty who both hosed up and lost their kingdom.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Pewdiepie posted:

Heres my insanely hosed up europe from that game and my epic race mixing family tree . It was probably my favorite CK2 campaign overall.

nice borders, for an

--Idiot Bitch

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah. THey added that stupid India poo poo and it really bogs the map down. Also Charlemange is a cool idea but if you used to like playing pagans its a lot harder now. Tribal rulers get lots and lots of mostly free troops, but it can be extremely annoying to upgrade to feudalism. On the plus side you can be a merchant republic now without switching rulers by granting independence and reloading.

I'd like india if they refined the mechanics (which afaik they have never bothered to do lmao) oh and if it didnt make ck2 run like a complete turd.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should have just made the india part of the map a mod that you enable and it's like, Egypt east only. Like the sengoku game or something. Then you can still gently caress around as Buddhist Ireland without making the map chug 80x as hard.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I don't like that pagan and indian little badges are a totally different color and art style than any of the other ones. Actually the catholic ones look wierd too but it's especially noticeable on the Empire level India and Pagan ones.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremely fair and balanced league war

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

They should have just made the india part of the map a mod that you enable and it's like, Egypt east only. Like the sengoku game or something. Then you can still gently caress around as Buddhist Ireland without making the map chug 80x as hard.

yeah it would be cool if they made it a different map than maingame and to compensate for the size they kept persia and add other south-east asian countries like vietnam and maybe the eastern coast of africa

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i mean medieval india did had contact with those after all

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because of that hilarious league war I revoked the privlegia in 1596. About 10 dudes still refused even at 100 IA but i dont care because my vassal swarm has like twice my force limit it troops, and that's with them all hosed up and poor from the league war. I've never done it this early before so hopefully i can get some sweet conquering done.

And yeah that's my main beef with RoI... they weren't relevant at all if you weren't Persian/Mongol or southeast Asian. It's a cool time period but it doesn't make sense in a game about medieval europe and the crusades.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
I saw a thing on the pdox forums where a guy revoked the privilegia in 1460 or something insane like that.

with the changes to vassal loyalty in the new expansion how does the privilegia work? do they get some kind of loyalty bonus, because it'd seem they'd have a big fat malus to loyalty from the vassals total power being higher than the liege's

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It still counts but I think it has a like 50% reduction or something. Then again I had 24 troops for most of the game, when Bohemia had 20 and Hungary had 30 and they only had about 10% liberty desire from relative power. Everyone in the HRE and my regular vassals would be sitting at about 15% if it wasn't for my huge diplo rep, though.

Keep in mind that I don't think it accounts for your actual troop counts as much as it does your base tax and force limit.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My game keeps crashing when I try to form the HRE. WTF.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Game is trying to tell you not to do that.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it anyway and my force limit is 600 now that I integrated Poland and Lithuania.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When I formed the HRE I did it on the last day possible because the vassal swarm was too strong. I didn't even realise that Hungary was still independent until the end though and it looked like a big red butthole in the middle of my territory.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When I formed the HRE I did it on the last day possible because the vassal swarm was too strong. I didn't even realise that Hungary was still independent until the end though and it looked like a big red butthole in the middle of my territory.

I already crushed every European country to the point where everyone else's entire military is the size of one of my stacks i use to carpet siege with. I made sure to break France and Ottos kneecaps before I passed the last reform though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I also liked declaring war and watching my billions of vassals do everything for me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You can't really top this for win:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

It still counts but I think it has a like 50% reduction or something. Then again I had 24 troops for most of the game, when Bohemia had 20 and Hungary had 30 and they only had about 10% liberty desire from relative power. Everyone in the HRE and my regular vassals would be sitting at about 15% if it wasn't for my huge diplo rep, though.

Keep in mind that I don't think it accounts for your actual troop counts as much as it does your base tax and force limit.

Man I really like playing Austria for some reason and you're making me wanna do it again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Man I really like playing Austria for some reason and you're making me wanna do it again.

I always get bored playing Austria.. -_-;

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Blockading all of GB always makes me feel really good even though It's really easy in EU4 compared to like Vicky 2.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I always get bored playing Austria.. -_-;

I like the position and the diplomacy focus for some reason. Plus you have two (maybe three if Poland doesn't mega-fail) big rivals.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Blockading all of GB always makes me feel really good even though It's really easy in EU4 compared to like Vicky 2.

How the crap do you blockade them now with the changes to how blockade works. It's hard enough mustering enough ships to blockade London.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

I like the position and the diplomacy focus for some reason. Plus you have two (maybe three if Poland doesn't mega-fail) big rivals.

I thought it was going to be like that for this run but then I got that absurdly early PU on Bohemia and Hungary... Then 100 years later I got Poland and Lithuania under PUs too, and also uhh two other electors I think. Even the league war was just a wet fart that my vassals did all the work on. It would have been way more fun if anyone ever attacked me, but instead I would just go 'huh Ottomans look a little weak right now, better make them release 8 different countries for fun'.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
my exarch of mesopotamia is warring for de jure control of the county of barsa, taking it and destroying the republic there and all trade posts I held in the Indian ocean :downsbravo:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How the crap do you blockade them now with the changes to how blockade works. It's hard enough mustering enough ships to blockade London.

I build a billion light ships

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I hope you aren't blockading with heavy ships. Light ships and galleys are the only thing worth using for blockades. Every war once I sink the main fleet and the enemy heavy ship count is 0 then I go ahead and mothball my heavy ships.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I'm actually not sure if galleys are great at blockades but you can build like a billion of them on the cheap for all your Mediterranean needs

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I use my light ships to do trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I didn;t really play much after AoW because there was a bug that annoyed the shoit out of me and I just kinda accepted that I'm never gonna be able to get into EU4 ever again.