Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kinda related, but JLab Audio is doing a $5 grab bag. A chance to get some decent sounding headphones or their Bluetooth speaker for $5. With shipping a bag come out to $7.50. Posting since headphones and portable systems go together like peanut butter and jelly.

http://www.jlabaudio.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Natsume is localising an A-Train game right now, it should be out soon.

Other than that, you're basically looking at DS games. There are a couple Sim City games that look like shovelware but aren't (one of them is a reskinned SC3000), and a Theme Park remake that I haven't played but is apparently pretty okay. There are also some surprisingly good adaptations of Anno for DS (not that they're tycoon games, but I guess they're vaguely similar), and Japan got a remake of Sim Tower/The Tower.

I'll keep an eye out for A-Train. Me thinks 3ds is more about character simulation like fantasy life, Tamagotchi, the Sims, or New leaf.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

I played the Codename STEAM demo and I don't think I like that game at all. The gameplay just seems really tedious and nowhere near as satisfying as Valkyria Chronicles. Enemies just come out of nowhere constantly giving you no time to react. Also what is loving with that waiting time during the enemy turns, it's insane.

it's also pretty ugly

i'd consider buying it if they fixed the enemy turns but as it stands i'll pass. too bad, id like to support original ips but they've gotta make the original ips good first

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yeah I want to like the over the top kitchen sink style crazy, but the game play was not good.

It just makes me want to play valkyria chronicles because they did it so much better.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'll probably get STEAM eventually but only when I actually get myself to finish Valkyria Chronicles.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
poo poo, I was locked into getting STEAM. Guess I should try the demo first :ohdear:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

A Big... Dog posted:

Ordered a New 3DS, fuuuuck it! I'll be putting my old one on SA-Mart in the next few days, if anyone in the UK is keeping an eye out.

Did you order the Xl or normal? I've a brand new n3ds normal sized I'm selling at a discount. Bought it off eBay but decided I wanted an xl after all.

If your order is cancellable...

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Thirsty Dog posted:

Did you order the Xl or normal? I've a brand new n3ds normal sized I'm selling at a discount. Bought it off eBay but decided I wanted an xl after all.

If your order is cancellable...

Ah drat, can't cancel now!

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Gao posted:

I really don't like how your guys get stunned if you get ambushed on your turn. It's really frustrating that it punishes you that hard for not knowing there was a guy where you couldn't see. If it were just damage, I could deal with it.

What the gently caress dude, that's the point. Your rear end got punished in Advance Wars too if you weren't careful about going where you couldn't see. It's a strategy game, not Doom.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Wamdoodle posted:

Kinda related, but JLab Audio is doing a $5 grab bag. A chance to get some decent sounding headphones or their Bluetooth speaker for $5. With shipping a bag come out to $7.50. Posting since headphones and portable systems go together like peanut butter and jelly.

The $5 grab bag is $7.50.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

Wamdoodle posted:

The mp3 player I got from one of those grab bags was DOA :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't remember who here had a DSTWO on a New, but does it still work after the update?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Does anyone have experience with these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YB6UG6KYXQQPI2R

Anyone use it on their old XL?

e: I plan on using this on a new XL.

Red Robin Hood fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 3, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Red Robin Hood posted:

Does anyone have experience with these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YB6UG6KYXQQPI2R

That's not gonna fit on an old XL.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

ChaosArgate posted:

That's not gonna fit on an old XL.

Sorry, I didn't think anyone would have used this product on their New XL as I'm not sure how widely available it has been, so I asked about the old XL instead.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Red Robin Hood posted:

I think the old vs new have different spots for the power button so the cases won't work between them. I have the Big Ben "Polycarbonate" New XL case. I can certainly recommend getting one for the New since it completely solves the (non-)issue of the power button protruding from the system and you won't have to worry about accidentally pressing it.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
For those that setup the homepass how long did it take you to complete most of your puzzles? I'm planning to build the raspberry pi version in the next few weeks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Red Robin Hood posted:

8bit miniboss has both and he says the old one is perfect whereas the new has cuts by the shoulder buttons that make it hard to find comfort in.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Red Robin Hood posted:

The one I've got on my OldXL turned very yellow eventually, but that may be the smoking that I do around it. It protects very well though. I like it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

TheHouseofM posted:

For those that setup the homepass how long did it take you to complete most of your puzzles? I'm planning to build the raspberry pi version in the next few weeks.

Mine never has more than 10 people show up at a time. So even R to fast forward and hammering them out non-stop while watching movies it will take absolutely forever. But I gotta get those 3D puzzles.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

8bit miniboss has both and he says the old one is perfect whereas the new has cuts by the shoulder buttons that make it hard to find comfort in.

I have both as well and haven't noticed the cuts by the shoulder buttons that make it hard or uncomfortable to hold.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

noirstronaut posted:

I don't remember who here had a DSTWO on a New, but does it still work after the update?

My R4i still works after the update. My guess is it was just the browser exploit that was patched.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

loving Americans! Anyway, let's hop into the car and go to Makudonarudo for some Big Makus.

BASUBORU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I haven't had a new Mii Plaza Puzzle Swap in probably a year. I have 105 pieces across 7 puzzles. The pictures are:

1. Metroid: Other M
2. Mario and Bowser
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Kirby's Dream Land
6. Pikmin
7. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Are there any that I'm missing?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
you are missing literally 90% of them, you might wanna run an update or something

edit: or turn on spotpass if it isn't on for some reason

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Fremry posted:

I haven't had a new Mii Plaza Puzzle Swap in probably a year. I have 105 pieces across 7 puzzles. The pictures are:

2. Mario and Bowser
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Kirby's Dream Land
6. Pikmin

You're only missing 1,315 pieces.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Wild Knight posted:

you are missing literally 90% of them, you might wanna run an update or something

edit: or turn on spotpass if it isn't on for some reason

Oh poo poo, I might have spotpass turned off. I just bought a nu3DSxl, so it's definitely updated.

Edit: I've seriously been thinking to myself for about a year "This doesn't seem right".

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Red Robin Hood posted:

I've heard and read good things. I had a pre-order w/ amazon and I guess pre-ordering 2 weeks ago wasn't early enough. They didn't receive enough and shipped out in order of the pre-orders. So at least my shipping was bumped to next day for whenever they arrive.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Gao posted:

I really don't like how your guys get stunned if you get ambushed on your turn. It's really frustrating that it punishes you that hard for not knowing there was a guy where you couldn't see. If it were just damage, I could deal with it.

I think you guys really have to throw out the Valkyria Chronicles references out. IMHO the game borrows more from the UFO/XCOM-series with free movement. And anyway, who the hell runs into enemy lines of fire blindly? Play tactically, doofuses!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

After learning about Streetpass, I have to ask if there are any hilarious posts about goons getting in trouble for hanging out in middle school parking lots and poo poo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

TheHouseofM posted:

I have both as well and haven't noticed the cuts by the shoulder buttons that make it hard or uncomfortable to hold.

Play for a while. You'll start noticing. Or maybe it's just me. :negative:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Play for a while. You'll start noticing. Or maybe it's just me. :negative:

Sell me yours and I'll give you a review.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

I can try it tonight

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

I think you guys really have to throw out the Valkyria Chronicles references out. IMHO the game borrows more from the UFO/XCOM-series with free movement. And anyway, who the hell runs into enemy lines of fire blindly? Play tactically, doofuses!

Yeah, in STEAM there is actual Overwatch and stealth/enemy position knowledge is much more important while in Valkyria Chronicles you can charge into enemy gunfire if you do it right.

STEAM seems fun enough, but holy poo poo I would really more seriously consider playing it if they could do something about the Enemy Turn wait time. At least give me a fast forward button or something!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Fremry posted:

2. Mario and Bowser
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Kirby's Dream Land
6. Pikmin

A few...

(That's from over a year ago)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm moving near a high school soon I hope I get a lot of street passes.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah, in STEAM there is actual Overwatch and stealth/enemy position knowledge is much more important while in Valkyria Chronicles you can charge into enemy gunfire if you do it right.

STEAM seems fun enough, but holy poo poo I would really more seriously consider playing it if they could do something about the Enemy Turn wait time. At least give me a fast forward button or something!

FFS people, it's like 20 seconds. Scroll through each of your characters and watch what the gently caress the enemy is doing from their perspectives, so you don't do something retarded like, I don't know, blindly charge into enemy fire and get yourself stunned??

I'd hate to see some of you playing chess or any tabletop game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Fryhtaning posted:

FFS people, it's like 20 seconds. Scroll through each of your characters and watch what the gently caress the enemy is doing from their perspectives, so you don't do something retarded like, I don't know, blindly charge into enemy fire and get yourself stunned??

I'd hate to see some of you playing chess or any tabletop game.

Calm down dude, it's gonna be okay. People generally expect those things to take a while when its a person doing them, less so when it's a computer in a video game.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's way longer than 20 seconds when there's lots of enemies on the field, and during most of it you can't see poo poo because the enemy taking its turn to move isn't anywhere near your visible range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think the Enemy Turn wait will be mitigated once you have a full squad placed around the map. Seems like switching character view will be a way to make waiting tense.