Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
c.-peen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Name change plz

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lifejack: post while mods are asleep and you'll get probated way later than the post, giving you more time to shitpost .

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

dont get mad at cpan for having body issues, this is a place of support. support cpan and his gross mutilated peen

oh hey you arent dead, you just wisely left auspol

e: gently caress, this isn't a chat thread at all
life hack: look like an idiot by not paying attention to the thread you're posting in :(

quite stretched out has a new favorite as of 13:52 on Mar 2, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

dont get mad at cpan for having body issues, this is a place of support. support cpan and his gross mutilated peen

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

willus posted:

oh hey you arent dead, you just wisely left auspol

essentially the same as dying imo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sorry ma'am, we cannot serve that item today. Some life hacker got into the supply room and ate all the mayo. #Lifehackers

Sorry I'm late, someone life hacked the exit gates so noone was able to leave the parking garage for 45min while they were trying to fix them. #Lifehackers #PreopCasualties

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

What's that an acronym for, anyway? C.asually P.ulverize A.ny N.orwegians? C.ircumcize P.enises A.ll N.ight? Help me out here.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

C.ircumcize P.enises A.ll N.ight?
and party every day

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
Circumcised Penis Angst Nightly

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Deepest sympathies, CPAN

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
I like you guys. :3:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Wasn't there some guy that had a bumper sticker that essentially said "I'm sorry about my mutilated dong, you guys"?

I need to tell the driving world about my penis issues!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Few people know the word "sabotage" comes from the French "sabot", which is the name of a guy who first posted an opinion on circumcision in an internet thread.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Get back on topic please

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Make your coworkers think you are a bloody loon!

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
I've been emailing yoplait to make a tape flavored yogurt for years, FINALLY a lifehack for me!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
3Ms spells MMM and that just means yummy

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Make your coworkers think you are a bloody loon!

Or just make a spoon out of the lid.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kakairo posted:

poo poo you could even wedge it between the tines if you really wanted to use a fork to eat yogurt.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Pour it on the ground and eat it like an animal you piece of poo poo.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Kakairo posted:

Or just drink it because yoplait yogurt is just sugar and water so its thin as poo poo.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
This stupid poo poo is making the rounds.

It because "blue light affects sleep." I can understand using f.lux, but this is retarded, especially because research is about light-emitting portable devices versus paper books, not regular cell phones versus ones with crappy orange cellophane taped on them.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Also, blue-blocking glasses exist, which obviate the need to measure, cut, and tape orange sheets to your phone like a dork. Okay, wearing the glasses is also dorky, but at least you're not getting tape residue on your phone!

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GzWuFK9rkw

Sweet lifehack for when you're tied up by bad guys, but loosely enough to obtain your wallet and assemble a tool kit

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GzWuFK9rkw

Sweet lifehack for when you're tied up by bad guys, but loosely enough to obtain your wallet and assemble a tool kit

How loving conceited are these people to think they're important enough to be kidnapped?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Smelly posted:

How loving conceited are these people to think they're important enough to be kidnapped?
And you know, all those daily dozens of ISIS kidnappings in the US too. You need to be prepared!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

appropriatemetaphor posted:

this might actually work, since when broken bones repair themselves they're actually stronger

I wish.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

"Yah, tie him up, but pretty loosely, don't want the poor guy to be uncomfortable. Don't search him either. Oh and make sure you just leave him alone and unguarded for long periods of time."

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

I think they are confusing microfractures caused from jarring being filled in stronger over time with actual full bone breaks.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

"Yah, tie him up, but pretty loosely, don't want the poor guy to be uncomfortable. Don't search him either. Oh and make sure you just leave him alone and unguarded for long periods of time."

So all these people are going to be in movies?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Meatwave posted:

This stupid poo poo is making the rounds.

It because "blue light affects sleep." I can understand using f.lux, but this is retarded, especially because research is about light-emitting portable devices versus paper books, not regular cell phones versus ones with crappy orange cellophane taped on them.

When my phone, laptop, or modem light interrupts my sleep, I just put those things away or power them down. Am I the only person who's figured this out?

Lifehack: for better sleep, turn off your drat electronics, walla!

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Maggie Fletcher posted:

When my phone, laptop, or modem light interrupts my sleep, I just put those things away or power them down. Am I the only person who's figured this out?

Lifehack: for better sleep, turn off your drat electronics, walla!

It's not about devices lighting up and waking you, it's about using them right before going to bed. When you have the full light spectrum coming out of the device, the blue light affects your ability to go to sleep. Slap on a filter (like f.lux on a computer or Android) and your late-night reading will be less likely to prevent you from sleeping.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

booshi posted:

It's not about devices lighting up and waking you, it's about using them right before going to bed. When you have the full light spectrum coming out of the device, the blue light affects your ability to go to sleep. Slap on a filter (like f.lux on a computer or Android) and your late-night reading will be less likely to prevent you from sleeping.

I've heard that too, and solved the problem with...a regular book! Walla?

Only semi-serious, I thought it was people complaining about lights from their electronics. I'll admit I do sometimes wake up when the modem starts going apeshit in the middle of the night. I turn it off and call it a night.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Croccers posted:

And you know, all those daily dozens of ISIS kidnappings in the US too. You need to be prepared!

Their other video for it appears to be aimed precisely at potential ISIS abductees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi4_MjILCk8

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Get married on 9/11 so you never forget your anniversary
I got married on 9/15/01 so all of the 9/11 tributes mean that its time to start rmembering the anniversary. Also helps for tracking how many years!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

booshi posted:

F.lux is the best thing. Not a lifehack, just a drat good idea.

:seriouspost:

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I've heard that too, and solved the problem with...a regular book! Walla?

What, in the dark? It applies to room lights as much as screens.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

Dylan16807 posted:

Well poo poo, I'm out of life hacks, then. :shrug:

I have noticed that it's harder to sleep since we put the TV in the bedroom. As tired as I am, there's always some bullshit rerun I can't seem to turn off, no matter how many times I've seen it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dylan16807 posted:

It's not light in general that is the problem, but blue spectrum light specifically. You ever go by someone's house at night and their rooms look blue because the only light source is a screen? That's the "bad" light. Even though the rooms are fairly dimly lit, the fact that it is very blue light can still interfere with sleep.

Of course florescent lights are often pretty blue too, and most artificial light sources have some blue spectrum, so electronics aren't the whole problem. Someone who is having trouble sleeping but doesn't want to switch to candle light might find relief wearing those yellow or orange tinted glasses for a few hours before bed. That's not really a hack though, just a product working as intended.