Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Volkerball posted:

this. and if the us decided to not care one single bit about that clusterfuck, they could just withdraw all troops as soon as the government was overthrown and everything important was destroyed and call it a day. no more nuclear issue. but like all migf solutions, this has some serious side effects. but those side effects would be contained to the middle east, so some might not see them as side effects at all.

this will not happen, ever, and you are retarded. if you want a good example of destroying all infrastructure and civil society and leaving it as a shoulder shrug, then you have the iraq war and what would become of an iran war. what do you really think would come out of an invasion of iran, you gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

paranoid randroid posted:

i think alexander would recommend that obama decapitate the iranian state, install himself as emperor, and start a program of intermarriage between americans and persians, actually

praise be to Allah señor

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

i think alexander would recommend that obama decapitate the iranian state, install himself as emperor, and start a program of intermarriage between americans and persians, actually

lets have a new diadochoi plan for all of the middle east

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PupsOfWar posted:

it is the same reason yall keep tryin to lure american college students over there using debauched military sex parties

:confuoot:

Venom Snake posted:

Israel decides to declare war on Iran to stop it's development of nuclear weapons. Bibi calls President Obama's office to ask for support only to be put on hold, and then transferred to a line that's nothing but every news report on Bibi campaigning for Mitt Romney on loop.

:getin:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Alex was a smart dude.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Mmmmm, would they actually be contained to the Middle East though?

yeah. it'd probably be a bunch of shia militias fighting for control.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you at all even play with the possibility of invading iran you are a true piece of poo poo, you didn't learn from iraq, and you love death. gently caress you armchair warriors

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
nuclear war (on the dance floor)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

See, I think that's what we assumed about Afghanistan...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Majorian posted:

See, I think that's what we assumed about Afghanistan...

well it is what happened more or less

or is that :thejoke:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

this will not happen, ever, and you are retarded. if you want a good example of destroying all infrastructure and civil society and leaving it as a shoulder shrug, then you have the iraq war and what would become of an iran war. what do you really think would come out of an invasion of iran, you gently caress?

nobody told the us to stay in iraq. they stayed because they wanted to try their hand at nation building. it didn't work. an 8 year occupation where every single day you say "hmm nope, not today. lets stay" is hardly a shoulder shrug.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would elect Alexander the Great.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

if you at all even play with the possibility of invading iran you are a true piece of poo poo, you didn't learn from iraq, and you love death. gently caress you armchair warriors

your reading comprehension and ability to think in general is not good

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well it is what happened more or less

or is that :thejoke:

It was indeed :thejoke:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Volkerball posted:

nobody told the us to stay in iraq. they stayed because they wanted to try their hand at nation building.

you gently caress. you rear end in a top hat. you sociopath. you loving worthless piece of poo poo. what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
let's get france to coup iran for us

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

I would be very much on board with this. I would vote for any president that would get me a 9/10 Persian wife.

"would accept 7/8 Persian Wife as war spoils if she can cook Persian Food" - PFC Chuck Duckman, 175th Infantry

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

nobody told the us to stay in iraq. they stayed because they wanted to try their hand at nation building. it didn't work. an 8 year occupation where every single day you say "hmm nope, not today. lets stay" is hardly a shoulder shrug.

If we would have left right after Saudi Arabia would have gone nuclear.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Venom Snake posted:

If we would have left right after Saudi Arabia would have gone nuclear.

riyadh should experience fusion

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It is true that if we were ever going to invade Iran now would be the time. I guess the only way to do that would be for Rouhani to go on tv like The Mandarin and go "BITCH I ALREADY HAD THE WEAPONS" and BOOM nukes portland

Hasssan

Hassan

What are you doing Hassan

I don't understand, why don't you act more dangerous

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

you gently caress. you rear end in a top hat. you sociopath. you loving worthless piece of poo poo. what the gently caress is wrong with you?

i'm not advocating anything in any of these posts, so i'm sorry hearing correct analysis is so offensive to you.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

let's get france to coup iran for us

I think it's high time the UK got a move on working towards reclaiming the jewel of empire

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

volkerball, you are a piece of poo poo human person. you think we didn't try hard enough at invading an innocent nation and we didnt oppress them hard enough. iraq was never a threat to the united states. they didn't have designs on attacking us. our allies, the saudis, did. you are a piece of poo poo. you are a fuckhead. we murdered over 200k people based on lies like that

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I will raise up an army of turcomen, as it was in the olden days

we will route the parnii upon the shores of hyrkania

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Volkerball posted:

iran isnt iraq ok. the balochis and kurds might split off, emphasis on might i have no idea how hot the topic of baloch independence burns because honestly who gives a poo poo, but its not like iraq where you need a strongman just to keep everyone from killing each other.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Volkerball posted:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We did pretty okay with the Philippines and rebuilding Japan and Europe. We need to pull another Japan with Iran.

The only downside would be the flood of islamic anime

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this is you right now

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

this is you right now

you are being taken for a ruse cruise my friend.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
btw i still support the proposed plan post-wwii to put the uk and france in direct union. not mere both being in the eu poo poo but straight up now she is indeed the queen of france stuff

iran isnt iraq ok. the balochis and kurds might split off, emphasis on might i have no idea how hot the topic of baloch independence burns because honestly who gives a poo poo, but its not like iraq where you need a strongman just to keep everyone from killing each other.

imo if we overthrow iran we might as well go for the full bag and overthrow turkey and syria as well and build Full Kurdistan in the meantime.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Volkerball posted:

this is you right now

you believe in nothing you nihilistic gently caress, you parody

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
you PIECE OF poo poo CRUSADER

you RUMSFELDIAN CATAMITE

YOU ANIMAL

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

you believe in nothing you nihilistic gently caress, you parody

i believe in abu ghraib and guantanamo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

let's cease allowing iran to develop nuclear technology and.. what? send missiles and jets? kill a bunch of people? gently caress you. gently caress you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SedanChair posted:

RUMSFELDIAN CATAMITE

speaking

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
cuba should be a state and they should join at the same time as puerto rico

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nuke Iran and let the flood of anime turn the middle east into a paradise.

Let turkey own all of the Mediterranean cost including Saudi Arabia, the ottomon empire was cool I want it back.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Volkerball posted:

i believe in abu ghraib and guantanamo

you joke but you do believe in it. you dont give a poo poo about torture

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
vae victis teayches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake