Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Meskhenet posted:

So apparently the leader of Wicked is selling off all the guilds stuff for real cash :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?168345-How-to-buy-a-castle-%28Aranzeb%29

And they say there is no fun left in this game

There's no naming and shaming on the official forums. Here's the reddit thread of it: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2xqs07/how_to_buy_a_castle_aranzeb/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What the gently caress, Trion?

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?168546-Twice-banned-duper-gets-better-treatment-than-normal-players-Scapes-pls

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Hahah. The best part is that it isn't bullshit, either:

Khrolan, Trion Producer posted:

I don't typically respond to threads of this nature but I feel it's important to do in this case mostly because I am the one who made the final decision to transfer the land. The short version is the land was preserved due to the guild level involvement invested into some of the properties - note that not all properties were transferred. After numerous appeals, the accounts in question remain terminated along with all their other belongings a majority of which were legitimately obtained. We aggressively banned all involved parties because that was the appropriate action to take in this case.

I make it a point to review situations like this as thoroughly as possible. Please also consider that very few people who observe the action taken have a 360 degree view of it.

No, no - it's cool, you don't have to deal with trying to reclaim land when it gets demo'd because you invested time into it.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If you've been playing this game past October, how are you even remotely suprised that Trion is incompetent and cheaters prosper?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Oh, I certainly am not.

I am, however, a wee bit surprised that staff of the company would come out and say as much.

I mean, remember how they had accidentally banned a whole lot of people? They surely lost all of their land without recourse or compensation.

Meanwhile, this person deserved a ban, was banned, and this player's land was... given back to the player on a new account through Trion's direct intervention.

That's simply hilarious.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Small update regarding my previous post about ex members to remove their credit card information from their Trion account. My account was glitched/changed back to subscribed sometime in December and Trion has been charging me a monthly fee ever since.

Trion agreed to refund February's charge and cancel the subscription, but even with an email proof stating that my account had been unsubscribed back in November, they would not refund the other charges, even if it was their lovely system's fault. I've left it up to Mastercard to help me recover the rest of the funds.

So, what are people up to these days? I miss hanging out with some of you guys on mumble. Deutsche? Werkwerk? Eonwe? Balista?

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 4, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Right now I'm shitposting on the Crowfall forums/the Crowfall topic here. I'm also playing DBZ Xenoverse, and on the 17th, Battlefield Hardline. Btw - if you are even remotely a fan of DBZ then you should pick up Xenoverse. Its fun as hell

I really need to hang out in Mumble more. I usually hang out in the Angry Dome channel on CTS. I'll be on tonight.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Small update regarding my previous post about ex members to remove their credit card information from their Trion account. My account was glitched/changed back to subscribed sometime in December and Trion has been charging me a monthly fee ever since.

Trion agreed to refund February's charge and cancel the subscription, but even with an email proof stating that my account had been unsubscribed back in November, they would not refund the other charges, even if it was their lovely system's fault. I've left it up to Mastercard to help me recover the rest of the funds.

That happened to me and I just decided that my old RIFT characters that I'd likely never touch again weren't worth the 30$ and got a refund through my bank. Between RIFT turning to absolute poo poo and the constant AA debacles, it's amazing how much goodwill has been lost.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Update on that land transfer bull: http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...l=1#post1537143

After much "heated internal discussion" (the forum and reddit backlash) the land transfer was reversed. The events described by Khrolan just make me wonder why the gently caress he would ever do ANYTHING to support the person whose land it was. Even just from the multiple instances of them attempting to defraud customer service.

"Community involvement"? Really?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schubalts posted:

Update on that land transfer bull: http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...l=1#post1537143

After much "heated internal discussion" (the forum and reddit backlash) the land transfer was reversed. The events described by Khrolan just make me wonder why the gently caress he would ever do ANYTHING to support the person whose land it was. Even just from the multiple instances of them attempting to defraud customer service.

"Community involvement"? Really?

lol, jesus christ

this is an insight into this company

lets say this was blizzard, they would have banned the poo poo out of anyone involved and ignored anything beyond an initial repeal and that would have been that

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah but Blizzard has millions and millions of people playing their games, Trion has gently caress all and it wouldn't surprise me if they were legit going under.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope so

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Right now I'm shitposting on the Crowfall forums/the Crowfall topic here. I'm also playing DBZ Xenoverse, and on the 17th, Battlefield Hardline. Btw - if you are even remotely a fan of DBZ then you should pick up Xenoverse. Its fun as hell

Would if I hadn't wasted money on ArchieAge.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

That's amusing, I fell victim to the same "glitch". I just noticed monthly payments on my credit card bill even though I quit back in Nov. and was on a quarterly plan.

Went through the following:
1.) Try and contact Trion. Sat in queue for support for several hours, no one answered.

2.) Send an email. Waited a couple of days, no one answered.

3.) Called credit card company to dispute the charges. They asked if I had tried contacting the company, so I told them about the above steps. They provided me a long distance number to contact Trion and told me I had to try to resolve it with the company first.

4.) Called the number and got the message "Trion no longer provides phone support."

5.) Called credit card company back and told them I couldn't contact the company. After getting transferred around a bunch I ended up talking to some guy in the fraud department who finally had to cancel my credit card as a way to prevent Trion from charging me again.

Even though I got those extra charges back eventually it really was a final gently caress you from Trion. I would strongly suggest everyone else double check their past credit card statements.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Charles Bukowski posted:

So, what are people up to these days? I miss hanging out with some of you guys on mumble. Deutsche? Werkwerk? Eonwe? Balista?

archeage was AMAZING....at making me appreciate the storytelling, weapons systems, and mechanics of The Secret World :unsmith:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

atlas of bugs posted:

archeage was AMAZING....at making me appreciate the storytelling, weapons systems, and mechanics of The Secret World :unsmith:

I appreciate the smell of raw fish, thanks to ArcheAge

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2lpv7n/is_trion_under_some_kind_of_crazy_pressure_to_pay/

This was an interesting read.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I appreciate the smell of raw fish, thanks to ArcheAge

same here, thanks to your mum

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Haven't played this since october, what's been happening?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Nothing from what I can tell. I still log on very occasionally to check on things and while the luxury plot where my house used to be on Kyrios is still full the big cities are pretty much empty and there aren't even any more gold spammers around. Also Trion sent me some mail advertising something or other that's new in the game and the leather set is crotchless while the cloth set is a cat suit.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Actually the game is still quite active, although definitely not as much as at the beginning of the game. The gold spammers are still trying to get on but they have gotten better about catching/banning them. Gold itself has become much more valuable and as a result domestic trade runs (larder packs at least) have become profitable again. The game isn't for everyone but I still enjoy it.

The 55 patch is coming soon apparently although I don't follow that stuff too closely.

Most of the goons left on west side were in Valor which merged into Marauders last week.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Finndo posted:

Actually the game is still quite active, although definitely not as much as at the beginning of the game. The gold spammers are still trying to get on but they have gotten better about catching/banning them. Gold itself has become much more valuable and as a result domestic trade runs (larder packs at least) have become profitable again. The game isn't for everyone but I still enjoy it.

The 55 patch is coming soon apparently although I don't follow that stuff too closely.

Most of the goons left on west side were in Valor which merged into Marauders last week.

How many people are active in Marauders anyways. Im still looking for a new guild..

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Level 55 patch comes tomorrow, how many of you are excited?

I sure can't wait to complete quests like this one during my months-long grind to 55

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Kill 10k enemies? That's ridiculous.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
That is just step 10, the whole quest chain is a total of 19,890 enemies in the library area.... Sounds awesome time to reinstall.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
What better way to pad out your lack of content and keep player numbers high than ridiculous kill quests. But one bonus, '○ The amount of experience required for each level from 50-55 has been adjusted in our region, and is lower than the original Korean region requirements.'

Edit: How do I go about getting into the merged guild of the merged guild of the merged guild?

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 10, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Why are people still playing this game?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sunk cost

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

If anyone is still playing, I am willing to sell my gold off.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Korean MMO
Korean MMORPG
Korean MMOFPS

These should be trigger words people...

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CountingWizard posted:

Korean MMO
Korean MMORPG
Korean MMOFPS

These should be trigger words people...

http://www.dfoneople.com/

I want to believe

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?169925-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-5.0-Patch-Notes

As for joining Marauders, not sure exactly as we all just switched over. I'd grab Balistafreak in-game and ask him.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Have they improved performance at all since launch? I really wanted to like this game but it kept making my PC force-reboot regardless of settings. I can run Final Fantasy XIV at ultra, so I should be able to handle this at medium-high, let alone low settings.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
From what I recall, disabling multi-threading helped make the game run smoothly for me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ShadowMoo posted:

Edit: How do I go about getting into the merged guild of the merged guild of the merged guild?

Whisper anyone from Vaior who is on (harder than it sounds since everyone is online but AFK 24/7 now). That person will ask in guild chat if any of the marauders who can invite are awake.

As far as I can see, Veritascs is the only goon who has invite powers in the new guild.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Charles Bukowski posted:

From what I recall, disabling multi-threading helped make the game run smoothly for me.

bukowski when i see you involved in this game still it's like having a cousin who is clearly hooked on heroin and destroying his life but won't admit it to anyone

i want to see you free yourself

you are loved, remember that

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played the game since November, I'm just here to see how this all ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Another round of charging people who don't want anything to do with them, literal fur suits. poo poo's not coming as hard and fast as it used to but it's still hard to look away and they're going places.

• Locked thread