Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is Cry of Fear worth a buy?
No, it's the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIrZ6zM7jkg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I feel like a bunch of different devs should feel insulted by this game.

Hey guys, how can we rip off a bunch of stuff from Paradox, Civs and practically every good management and strategy game from the last half a decade and package it all into a horrible, lovely-looking phone game?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't know, I kind of want to play that now, but no cards? For shame.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
First time I heard a Wilhelm before they kill the guy.

I would loving love a Blue Shift 2.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

I would loving love a Blue Shift 2.

gently caress you say?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Orv posted:

Hey guys, how can we rip off a bunch of stuff from Paradox, Civs and practically every good management and strategy game from the last half a decade and package it all into a horrible, lovely-looking phone game?

Oh it's not actually a phone game? Because a grand strategy game that actually works on a phone would be awesome, rip off or not.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Orv posted:

Since it's apparently my week to blather about things, one of the Banner Saga guys is doing a solo-ish game called Killers and Thieves. It basically doesn't exist right now, but hey, maybe one of you jerks is the programmer he's looking for.
I want to play that game. Good for Chewbot.

Orv posted:

That UI. :barf:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fangz posted:

Oh it's not actually a phone game? Because a grand strategy game that actually works on a phone would be awesome, rip off or not.

It is in fact a phone game but I think calling it grand strategy is perhaps, premature.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
SteamOS sale.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has Tropico 5 reach a point that stands on it's own compared to the previous two games? It only :10bux: with a four pack from this sale and kinda interested in it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I love sales where half of the games aren't on sale

e: well I'll be, they actually did add a 10% discount to Arkham Knight

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Is Payday 2 good now? I heard it was grindy and grognardy as poo poo for a while some time back.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Is Payday 2 good now? I heard it was grindy and grognardy as poo poo for a while some time back.

Well, it's always been good in a sense. It was grindy and grognardy because as goons do, at least in the early days, a bunch figured out how to speed run a specific mission or two to get the most money and XP as fast as possible, and it was all about that at launch. That's pretty much gone now unless you really want to do it or you play with pubbies (don't.)

As for the game itself, this is just me but I don't think it's very good. I have the same problem with it as I had with the L4Ds, which is that they were great social, run-around-and-shoot-the-poo poo-and-shoot-poo poo games, but once you exhausted their options they weren't very interesting, even as a social hangout. Payday compounds that by actually being difficult if you're not on the ball and also suffers the same lack of variation problems, though I'm lead to believe that some of the new stuff has more variation, even if it's just a different door or option being open.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, that monologue, I snorted because of the guy's voice acting.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I personally view Payday 2 as either a frustratingly difficult time, or an experience that grants pride and satisfaction for putting yourself through such a frustratingly difficult time.

I like guns and gun customization, which this game has a lot of, but I found it more stressful than enjoyable.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Whoa huge sale out of nowhere.

gently caress Youuu I just bought XCOM for 14€ off Amazon.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is on 80% sale individually, too if you wanna check it out for cheap.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 4, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Have any of you played Mighty Dungeons? Came out yesterday:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/349550/

Looks pretty neat.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The XCOM Complete bundle is on sale for $12.50 for those of you interested in the newly released Long War version. Pretty good deal for what is now a real great experience.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Orv posted:

gently caress you say?
I mean, I would rather have a sequel where enemies take three rockets to the face and wait for AI to break script and shoot me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

A lot of those games they're featuring don't seem to be on sale. Or in some cases, like The Witcher 3, the discount is still the same.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The XCOM Complete bundle is on sale for $12.50 for those of you interested in the newly released Long War version. Pretty good deal for what is now a real great experience.

Buy XCOM regardless of whether you're interested in Long War.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

FuzzySlippers posted:

Dying Light ain't too far from an open world Mirror's Edge and it's fun. Since the zombies and apocalyptic crap is the tedious part if I was just running around a weird cyber punk city it'd be great.

"Open world" is pretty nebulous and doesn't have to mean a boring Ubisoft collectathon thing.

This is what I'm imaging it as, a futuristic Dying Light without zombies and more running. Also, gently caress the night missions in Dying Light.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is also on sale 80% off.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's finally time to get the Shadow of Mordor Season Pass. Honestly it could be boring content and I wouldn't care, because I'd still be playing more Shadow of Mordor.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The population image in the HUD is literally Broseidon :aaaaa:

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

$4 too much.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ragequit posted:

I think it's finally time to get the Shadow of Mordor Season Pass. Honestly it could be boring content and I wouldn't care, because I'd still be playing more Shadow of Mordor.
I don't know man, the additional missions are just a few more captains, new runes are throwaway and skins unnecessary. All of this for more than it costs to pre-order Hotline Miami 2.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wrong, since it's actually a pretty good game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Just get Bright Lord if you really want to drop ducats for more Mordor.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Palpek posted:

I don't know man, the additional missions are just a few more captains, new runes are throwaway and skins unnecessary. All of this for more than it costs to pre-order Hotline Miami 2.

Yeah all the "new" content is bad, but Bright Lord DLC is at least interesting, and I enjoyed the Trials where they give you a full slate of randomly generated high-level captains and just let you go nuts (with optional objectives if you care about those). I won't deny it's a blatant cash grab though.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

For 3.99 I'll take a look at a 'cinematic' FPS I'd never pay money for otherwise.

Everyone should buy this now http://store.steampowered.com/sub/37429/
Civ 4 is also on 75% for some reason because why not.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 4, 2015

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

That sounds pretty fun, so that's fine with me. Hotline Miami 2 was an instant buy anyway, so the comparison is lost there.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ragequit posted:

That sounds pretty fun, so that's fine with me. Hotline Miami 2 was an instant buy anyway, so the comparison is lost there.

You could buy the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack with that money. From what I understand, Sexualizer is on it and that is Perturbator's best song.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

All well and good, but is Steam OS out of beta yet?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

You could buy the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack with that money. From what I understand, Sexualizer is on it and that is Perturbator's best song.

"Please note that the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition does not include the full soundtrack."

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

PowerBeard posted:

All well and good, but is Steam OS out of beta yet?

No, it probably won't be until November when all the Steam hardware launches in full force.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, though weren't they originally trying to have it ready for the release of The Witcher 3? At least they're going to take their time with it.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Ragequit posted:

"Please note that the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition does not include the full soundtrack."

If its like the first one, you can just pull the oggs from the game folder.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

sauer kraut posted:

For 3.99 I'll take a look at a 'cinematic' FPS I'd never pay money for otherwise.

It's not at all a cinematic FPS, though. It's a tactical third person shooter, a bit like Brothers in Arms, where you need to micromanage your teammates at all times.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

So what are the chances that EA will release anything for SteamOS? Or Ubisoft? It seems like both companies spent a lot of time and money on their proprietary engines that only support DirectX and won't be willing to release Linux versions of their games. And those are the two biggest developers of cross-platform games right now. I think if Valve somehow managed to get both of them on board, this SteamOS thing might work out somehow in the long run. But if they don't, it will be a much more difficult uphill battle for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ragequit posted:

I'm telling you to buy the full soundtrack separately because you said you were buying the game regardless.

• Locked thread