Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
Anecdotal evidence: The only time I've seen a bloated battery is when I used my Macbook as an HTPC and left it in one place on the charger for like a year. I assume this was due to never discharging the thing ever and possibly heat but who knows. I believe Apple recommends a full charge cycle at least once a month though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Dimix posted:

Any grips made their way to US stores yet? I don't mind paying extra for a Japanese one, I just don't want to wait around for it to get here.

Monster hunter is destroying my hands.

I refuse to play Monhun until I get a grip. I bought this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201293888933?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's not scheduled to arrive until March 18-April 2, I'll give impressions when it finally comes in.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 4, 2015

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Hikaki posted:

Anecdotal evidence: The only time I've seen a bloated battery is when I used my Macbook as an HTPC and left it in one place on the charger for like a year. I assume this was due to never discharging the thing ever and possibly heat but who knows. I believe Apple recommends a full charge cycle at least once a month though.

It was probably less about that and more about a large number of bad batteries in the past http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/apple-to-replace-swollen-macbook-batteries/

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Leave your poo poo plugged in or take it off the charger... nobody cares.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

katkillad2 posted:

I refuse to play Monhun until I get a grip. I bought this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201293888933?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's not scheduled to arrive until March 18t-April 2, I'll give impressions when it finally comes in.

I hope for your sake they used EMS shipping.

edit; I bought the same thing, but in black. Should be here in a week or so.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Batteries are haunted and if you don't say "stay safe battery ghost" every time you plug it in, it permanently reduces your max charge by 13 minutes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Liquid Penguins posted:

Batteries are haunted and if you don't say "stay safe battery ghost" every time you plug it in, it permanently reduces your max charge by 13 minutes.

This is true my uncle works at the place that makes batteries and says this is a thing

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is true my uncle works at the place that makes batteries and says this is a thing

This made me laugh partially because I have co-workers who actually took a field trip to a "place that makes batteries" today

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'd like to get a bigger battery for my 3DSXL. Are they larger than normal batteries? I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to carry it in my pants with a larger battery.

:ohdear:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

I'd like to get a bigger battery for my 3DSXL. Are they larger than normal batteries? I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to carry it in my pants with a larger battery.

There are regular sized but they have been known to have angry spirits that explode and cause 3rd degree burns at the slightest provocation.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Just got my all black Waterfield case and it looks classy as gently caress. Really good quality. I'm impressed.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wildtortilla posted:

Yeah just make sure to smudge it with some burnt sage and glue three cartridge holders to the top.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Deceptive Thinker posted:

This made me laugh partially because I have co-workers who actually took a field trip to a "place that makes batteries" today

Was it as exciting as the trip to the box factory?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Turns out I was wrong!

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 5, 2015

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Alright that was weird enough. A week or so ago I described that I lost all my puzzle pieces in Mii Plaza after a system transfer from 3DS to N3DS. I just gave up on it.

Yesterday my n3ds said an update was available. I let it happen. And all my Plaza puzzle progress came back. Pretty good update.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

5er posted:

Alright that was weird enough. A week or so ago I described that I lost all my puzzle pieces in Mii Plaza after a system transfer from 3DS to N3DS. I just gave up on it.

Yesterday my n3ds said an update was available. I let it happen. And all my Plaza puzzle progress came back. Pretty good update.

Welp time to update.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

DoctorWhat posted:

Was it as exciting as the trip to the box factory?

I've actually been there myself twice before - it's surprisingly interesting (and full of a lot of things that could explode)

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Wildtortilla posted:

6,250 mAh. :getin:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

You guys want to talk about battery bloat in TYOOL 2015. That's loving it right there.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You guys want to talk about battery bloat in TYOOL 2015. That's loving it right there.

Haha, seriously. It's getting to the point of not being a portable anymore.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Selling a PAL 3DS over here, if anyone you know is interested! >> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704311

In related news, the New 3DS is absolutely amazing. Things load in no time, the 3D actually works and my regular-sized model has muchos kawaii buttons~~

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ouugghhh yeahh folks it's FatSystem here

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ouugghhh yeahh folks it's FatSystem here

Looks like a red (shiny?) Wailord...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Housh posted:

Just got my all black Waterfield case and it looks classy as gently caress. Really good quality. I'm impressed.

yeah but how many game card holders can you superglue to it

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Amazon has a 32gb SD card for $12 if anyone is still looking for one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BZOPQCKP3N4H2TV

e: class 6 though...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

robot roll call posted:

yeah but how many game card holders can you superglue to it

don't knock smoking bath salts until you try it

What the gently caress I keep getting the same puzzle pieces over and over again at Mii Plaza. Is Nintendo punishing me for being a reclusive weirdo?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Fremry posted:

First party stuff only ever goes on sale when there are big events (like the release of Smash). Those are also the ones that keep their value for trade in. I bought A Link Between Worlds cart for $40 and beat it in 48 hours. Gamestop trade in is $20 and I can easily sell it on SA Mart for $25, effectively making it a $15-20 game. If I bought it on the eShop it would be a $40 game, fullstop.

I would love to buy Majora's Mask digitally, but if OOT is any indication, I should buy it as a cart because of limited runs.

If you have a ALBW cart for $25 I will totally take it off your hands for you. PM me if you're interested.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nintendo storage options are pretty rest when they let you plug whatever you want into it. Miles beyond the vita obviously. Options are nice.

It remains though, if you want a cart buy it reasonably near launch.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe

Red Robin Hood posted:

Amazon has a 32gb SD card for $12 if anyone is still looking for one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BZOPQCKP3N4H2TV

I'm going to upgrade. Should I grab this or is there a better SD card for me? I'll need an adapter which this seems to come with?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Red Robin Hood posted:

i dont think the 3ds can even utilize the speed of anything faster anyway

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Rudest Buddhist posted:

I'm going to upgrade. Should I grab this or is there a better SD card for me? I'll need an adapter which this seems to come with?

I'm grabbing one :shrug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I turn my N3DS off when I am not using it. I am doing this wrong?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Very.

Also Hakoboy (Box Boy in the West now apparently) is coming this spring.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/112706528442

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Waltzing Along posted:

Times to turn off your [N]3DS:

After a system update, if your 3DS gets flaky.
When changing the [micro] SD card.
When cleaning it with anything other than your breath.
If it's going into storage for A While.

There might be more times it makes sense to, but someone else will come up with them and I probably went overboard already.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I only turn off my new 3DS when the battery dies.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Turtlicious did you turn off your 3DS while you glued the cartridge holders to your lid?

:chord:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i want to try the glued game holder lifehack but i want to practice gluing first. any suggestions?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

If you turn off your systems just to save battery life, just turn off the wifi. :psyduck:

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Awesome! posted:

i want to try the glued game holder lifehack but i want to practice gluing first. any suggestions?

be sure to wear latex gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is turning it off bad? I don't mind leaving it on all the time, but the only device I leave on 24/7 is my phone. Everything else I turn off when not using.