Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Raku posted:

Is there anyone that posts in this thread that isn't a lawyer or a soon to be unemployed law student looking down the business end of a gunbarrel

Policy analyst/research director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Raku posted:

Is there anyone that posts in this thread that isn't a lawyer or a soon to be unemployed law student looking down the business end of a gunbarrel

on that note, what would be the most fun form of law to practice?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Jude.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Raku posted:

I make robot cars for a living :hellyeah:

Frinkahedron fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 5, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pillsburysoldier posted:

Martial

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

pillsburysoldier posted:

Avian

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Raku posted:

Martial

:thurman:

Or whatever law has Dorito interference or whatever that was.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

Recession-proof 911 paramedic. Which means I stare down actual gun barrels.

:a2m:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

Policy analyst/research director.

Policy analyst/tech editor/graphic designer/database manager

They make me do a lot of unrelated stuff, so I put "Aerospace Analyst" on my business card.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Is that kind of like putting "Blockbuster Manager" on your resume because who the gently caress's gonna check it?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

Martian Law.

You can marry people.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Retail :smith:

just trying to finish my degree and get the gently caress out

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Thoguh posted:

Martian Law.

You can marry people.

I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, Beater of rear end. Be a hitter babe.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Marshall

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

TFF update your Ohio State and Penn State jokes accordingly as Virginia Tech steps up as the newest face of college football pedophilia:

:ughh:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Neil Armbong posted:

Web developer in Austin. I feel like a pretty girl with all the game recruiters spit at me on linked in.

I spent a long time trying to parse this out.

For a while I was thinking you were talking about having the impression that game developers were looking down on you for not being a game developer.

It reminded me of an odd situation I found myself in, as I've got a side group of friends in the game industry. At a welcome-to-Austin party, I was trying to tell some of these people, legit game programmers, what I do, and they were somehow in awe of it? Like some of these guys were legitimately impressed that I programmed full web stack stuff and I'm thinking the same thing about them with their game engine poo poo... Strange world.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

That's like at best stupid teenager poo poo and not really paedophelia imo :colbert:

But it's still dumb and prb means he's guaranteed a redshirt at the bare minimum and at the worst case we'll prb never see him again :smith:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, Beater of rear end. Be a hitter babe.

Something I've learned in my years at NASA is that the astronaut crews these days have a bizarre sense of humor and it would not surprise me at all if some day one of our Mars guys starts calling themselves the Knights of Mars. Every ISS crew does a promo poster that's almost always a movie parody. They're all Jedi on the next one and the actual official mission logo is a Star Destroyer.

Also, the Aggie astronaut hung his stupid TAMU banner right in the main junction area so you saw it every time they were talking to the ground.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Elotana posted:

Going after the coach is different from going after the school that hired him. The latter is a lot tougher. It may very well be the case that Chavis (or A&M) ends up paying the buyout. (My hunch is that if they are liable, A&M would look at what the NCAA penalties would be and then pick whichever horn of the buyout/sanctions dilemma gores less.) But damages for tortious interference is another thing.

This is from really far back. But pulling the Star Jones card always makes you look like a douche

Just file the case in Louisiana, it's not like you'd find a jury that wouldn't find for whatever LSU's position is. I bet Chavis' LSU contract had a forum selection provision for the 50 yard line of Tiger Stadium or something.

edit: I am a prostitute.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 5, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Notorious ZSB posted:

That's like at best stupid teenager poo poo and not really paedophelia imo :colbert:

But it's still dumb and prb means he's guaranteed a redshirt at the bare minimum and at the worst case we'll prb never see him again :smith:

This sort of thing leaves me torn in ways that also make me uncomfortable because I'm torn.

On the one hand they're stupid teenagers.

On the other he should know better.

On my mythical mutated third hand, he's still a stupid teenager too.

Basically age of consent is a tricky thing that probably gets more people in trouble than it really needs to.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

14 year olds, dude

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Strobe posted:

This sort of thing leaves me torn in ways that also make me uncomfortable because I'm torn.

On the one hand they're stupid teenagers.

On the other he should know better.

On my mythical mutated third hand, he's still a stupid teenager too.

Basically age of consent is a tricky thing that probably gets more people in trouble than it really needs to.

Yeah this is how I feel. Like it's really loving stupid, but right now we don't know what happened. Did she say she was in college? Did he know she was in HS? Did no one mention age and he just assumed she was 18?

I'm not trying to give Shai too much benefit of the doubt here since I've gone through this poo poo before with Vick 2.0 and we all remember how that ended, but right now I just do know how much of the bad guy he really is.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Declan MacManus posted:

14 year olds, dude

News: 14 year olds still have brains and can decide to lie to people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
i'm a teacher lmao

someone please kill me. plea[se

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Strobe posted:

Turn left Dale noooooo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Turn left Dale noooooo

too late, he hit the wall and for some reason Tom Pryce is following right behind

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I kinda just participate in science things, float from lab to lab.

I should get a graduate degree and focus on one thing :smith:

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 5, 2015

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Bouncer currently. Working on my second degree cuz hey let's make a career change 5 years out of college!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Strobe posted:

im sorry whats that

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Strobe posted:

Stay the gently caress out of Malibu, Strobe. Stay out of our beach community.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Strobe posted:

News: 14-year-olds are not legally responsible for their lies. 18-year-olds are legally responsible for believing them.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
What Shai did was wrong but this stuff gets real tricky at parties because nobody is sitting back and asking for a photo id at the door.

I'm guessing his VT career is over or at the least he'll sit out a year but at least with it being a misdemeanor(he got the misdemeanor because she was 15, the other dude got the felony for the 14yo) his life isn't ruined.

And for :siren: sake I'm absolutely not defending him if he and his friend stalked these girls and singled them out because of their age and made them an easy target, I'm just saying if he was at a party and these girls presented themselves as of age then it's a mistake a lot of people have made and I'm not going to label the dude a child molester for it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
it's ephebophilia not pedophilia is still a thing on SA, huh

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

wheez the roux posted:

i'm a teacher lmao

someone please kill me. plea[se

Do you teach at a public school in an affluent suburb at least?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I check into the thread to see people defending pedos. I honestly did not expect that.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I check into the thread to see people defending pedos. I honestly did not expect that.

sports do crazy things to people, it's sad

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sash! posted:

Also, the Aggie astronaut hung his stupid TAMU banner right in the main junction area so you saw it every time they were talking to the ground.

Get on the comm and ask him to test the dynamics of Grode in a low gravity setting.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The result of curious googling:

Usually states have a "Teen Sex" provision in their code that allows for a 2 or 3 year age difference for consent beyond the age of 14 or 15. Virginia's does not. So if you're a high schooler and have a boyfriend or girlfriend in your grade and one of you turns 18 before the other one does, then having sex before the other's birthday while one is 18 and the other 17 would be a misdemeanor.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Jesus Christ what is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Really wondering how FSU's QB situation is going to play out going into next season. We should all discuss this or your own school's QB situation. Like, let's do this immediately, all of us.

• Locked thread