Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Comrad Woof's day job is at the zoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Dance Marine posted:

I personally want more appearances from Comrade Woof.

Or at least i hope he was a spy dog not some stolen pet that she brutally murdered later.

Phil's best makeup so far.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think something 'unfortunate' is going to happen to Gabriel (which might explain why Claudia/Margo is scheduled to appear later in the season), since I think Phil has finally figured out that 1) he's the one who keeps egging Liz to turn Paige after last episode's 'do whatever it takes' quip, and 2) that he realizes that ever since Liz dimed him as a potential defector who was "too comfortable" in his cover, that the Center still doesn't trust him. If you look back on it, most of the 'big jobs' have fallen to Liz since then - Phil's honestly just her 'support' at this point.

I don't know. Phillip is handling all the major Afghanistan ops. He's running point on a high level CIA official. He's running Yousef. He's also handling Martha which is their biggest source of intel to the FBI. Elizabeth's solo ops seem somewhat minor in comparison and almost got her nabbed in the season premiere.

Jiggs
May 31, 2001
Where the hell is Bulgaria?
Latest episode "Born Again" is on iTunes a day early.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Jiggs posted:

Latest episode "Born Again" is on iTunes a day early.

Is this a fuckup or is FX trying some dumb strategy out?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Phillip and Elizabeth screaming so loud on the inside.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I keep thinking that Phillip is going to preempt Elizabeth and tell his daughter. Better she finds out from him before she gets recruited. At least that way she can make up her own mind.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm not sure Stan has ever been fully present at any point in time in the entire show.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
lol Henry at the dinner table "tell me more about your hosed up childhood"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Kimmy again :stonk:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ew ew ew

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well, at least Pedophil is trying teach her proper stoner music...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
You know, with all the talk this season about trying to recruit Paige I like that we're getting a cute and genuine mother-daughter moment like this :3:

EDIT: :stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk:

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 5, 2015

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Ha, he played the God card.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
hahaha we should just take things slow because I'm religious

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original
And it's Jesus with the save!

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
So Nina and her cellmate are both conning each other at this point, right?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

LiterallyTheWurst posted:

And it's Jesus with the save!

Jesus is my personal savior and cock blocker.

Edit:

ChadSexington posted:

So Nina and her cellmate are both conning each other at this point, right?
That's how I'm reading it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jesus really came through for me tonight :v:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ouch.

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

tomapot posted:

Jesus is my personal savior and cock blocker.

The rear end in a top hat sees a sock on the door and thinks someone needs their feet washed.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
drat it, you can't leave me with that. :argh:

snuffles
Oct 7, 2007
I must have missed it, did they say anything about what the Belgian girl did besides the package?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

that was pretty underwhelming Elizabeth, out with it already.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Things going crazy next week.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm guessing that preview was for the rest of the season because :stare:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

howe_sam posted:

I'm guessing that preview was for the rest of the season because :stare:

Philip yelling like that is :stare:-worthy enough since the last time he lost his poo poo on that level was when he was screaming at Paige about Jesus.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I missed the end of the episode. Did Elizabeth claim she was a hooker/drug dealer in the park?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
What? No.

She told Paige that they were more alike than she thought.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zero One posted:

What? No.

She told Paige that they were more alike than she thought.

Ah ok, I only heard "When did you start doing this?" and Liz's talk about doing the right thing or whatever led me to believe she was bullshitting something like Philip had just done with Kimmie.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Telling Paige "your dad and I were basically in the Weather Underground, but now we run a travel agency" is about the most Boomer thing Elizabeth could ever do.

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:
I hope they're doing this bullshit gulag sidearc thing with Nina so that she can come back in season 4.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
The pastor looks like Phillip in one of his disguises.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Langella is seriously unnerving me. If he shares a scene with Martindale I don't even know what I'll think. His manipulation of Elizabeth's dying mother and Phillip's enlisted kid (both could be fabricated, too) has been brutal to watch unfold.

Also, am I the only one who laughs at several scenes each week? Laughter for awkward family dinners, laughter for Stan being honest at the wrong (right?) time, laughter at the sheer hell that Phillip faces... I laugh more at The Americans than most sitcoms.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

Langella is seriously unnerving me. If he shares a scene with Martindale I don't even know what I'll think. His manipulation of Elizabeth's dying mother and Phillip's enlisted kid (both could be fabricated, too) has been brutal to watch unfold.

Also, am I the only one who laughs at several scenes each week? Laughter for awkward family dinners, laughter for Stan being honest at the wrong (right?) time, laughter at the sheer hell that Phillip faces... I laugh more at The Americans than most sitcoms.

I find lots of humor here, the suitcase scene, Liz casually dropping a car on rando gov employee, etc etc

I am a broken shell of a man though, so I don't know what that says about you :shrug:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The universe does like to poo poo on poor Stan. First Amador dies, his wife leaves him, he nearly turns traitor, Nina gets shipped back to Russia, now his buddy from the Midwest office dies. It's no wonder the dude's developed a facial tick!

One thing that occurred to me as I thought more about that scene at the end with Elizabeth and Paige is that Elizabeth is just as conflicted about what they're doing as Phillip is. And Elizabeth is so gung-ho about recruiting Paige into their world as a way of validating what she's done.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
So, theorycrafting time: What are the chances that Elizabeth sets Paige up to 'accidentally' meet Hans, who will do the actual converting through apartheid stuff/ starting a relationship. It would be a nice mirror to the Phil stuff this season and fits the profile of how they managed to convert most of their operatives in the past, including the guy she took Paige out to memorialize. This way they can get her involved before they have to just come out and say, 'Oh yeah, we're Russians.'

Another amazing episode though, especially the Phillip stuff. As a human being I hope he can get away without sleeping with her, but as an audience member I don't know how many more times he can weasel his way out of weaseling his way in before it starts to jar. That one plot, precarious as it is, has done so much to raise the level of the season as a whole.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Given how disconnected it feels, Hans is almost certainly going to intersect with Paige's storyline.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Viginti posted:

So, theorycrafting time: What are the chances that Elizabeth sets Paige up to 'accidentally' meet Hans, who will do the actual converting through apartheid stuff/ starting a relationship. It would be a nice mirror to the Phil stuff this season and fits the profile of how they managed to convert most of their operatives in the past, including the guy she took Paige out to memorialize. This way they can get her involved before they have to just come out and say, 'Oh yeah, we're Russians.'

Another amazing episode though, especially the Phillip stuff. As a human being I hope he can get away without sleeping with her, but as an audience member I don't know how many more times he can weasel his way out of weaseling his way in before it starts to jar. That one plot, precarious as it is, has done so much to raise the level of the season as a whole.

I really think sleeping with Kimmy is a line Phillip won't cross. Eventually he's going to balk at orders from the Center and I think this is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I think Phil will eventually do what he's told, especially with the veiled threat against his son and the fact they have Irina now. However, I don't think an american television show would cross that line so I'm sure something will save the day.

Maybe Kimmy will catch a stray bullet or they push Hans on her instead. At least the age difference is less creepy.

• Locked thread