Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Awww, OlliOlli doesn't have 3D. Booooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So praun+ or prune+ or whatever comes out today. Anyone know if there will be a demo?

I'm interested but I want to try it first

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anora posted:

About FFT:CC: are there any Chrono Cross songs? Also, is the opening to FF8 included as an EMS?

Liberi Fatali the FF8 opening is DLC, I'm pretty sure it's actually Battle music. This means you can play it online if someone else bought it though.

No Chrono Cross yet but we've gotten some really weird loving choices of game music so I wouldn't be surprised if it's coming... they've added like 3 Nier songs with more to come. There's a bunch of Chrono Trigger DLC now.

I know I said DLC a lot but the base game has like 200 songs, I haven't even played all of them like 40 hours in.

explosivo posted:

Are there any good Castlevania games available on the marketplace for download? I'd love to re-play SOTN but I don't think that's going to make it's way to the 3DS anytime soon.

If you have a Wii U, the GBA ones are up for DL. The best one of those is Aria of Sorrow.

If you don't mind hunting for carts the DS ones can be played on a 3DS and are all fantastic.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Saoshyant posted:

European stuff has a PEGI rating icon.

Also, NA only got the XL model, not the smaller one with faceplates.

Unless it's from Finland or Germany who have their own rating systems.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

New Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call DLC today!!

Available Today:

Battle Music Sequence (BMS)

· “Assault” (FINAL FANTASY X)

· “Apoplexy” (FINAL FANTASY TACTICS)

· “Beat Them Up!” (Romancing SaGa)

· “Battle with Magus” (CHRONO TRIGGER)

· “Hills of Radiant Winds” (NieR Replicant & NieR Gestalt)

Field Music Sequence (FMS)

· “Into the Thick of It” (SECRET OF MANA)

I would love some Chrono Cross music, that would rule

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Nolgthorn posted:

Unless it's from Finland or Germany who have their own rating systems.

I'm from Finland and I'm pretty confident we just use the PEGI ratings now. At least that's what's on all the boxes.

edit: Confirmed. The PEGI ratings are what matter: https://kavi.fi/fi/meku/ikarajat

Zat fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 5, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Liberi Fatali the FF8 opening is DLC, I'm pretty sure it's actually Battle music. This means you can play it online if someone else bought it though.

No Chrono Cross yet but we've gotten some really weird loving choices of game music so I wouldn't be surprised if it's coming... they've added like 3 Nier songs with more to come. There's a bunch of Chrono Trigger DLC now.

I saw the DLC for it, just was hoping for a movie. Same with the Chrono Cross opening.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anora posted:

I saw the DLC for it, just was hoping for a movie. Same with the Chrono Cross opening.

Ah they cut down on the movies this time, you only get movies for the weird side poo poo lol

So like, Crystal Chronicles, Crisis Core, FF13-2, Lightning Returns, Tactics, and the MMO. Yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

What's a good nickname for Totodile

Derald

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Anora posted:

Event music stages are boring as poo poo to play though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Mannn, holy poo poo. I upgraded from a day-one purchased 3DS to a New 3DS XL and I've never held or seen one that wasn't a display model at Target and thus shackled down onto a giant metal holder, but holy hell this screen is big and beautiful. The opening video for Monster Hunter blew me away.
I just need Gelaskins (now Nuvango or whatever) to finally put out a template for the New 3DS XL because I need to cover up this fingerprint magnet.

KennyMan666 posted:

I don't think they're boring as poo poo, but yeah, the battle music is where it's at. It's a mixture of the best FF music being battle-related and the gameplay being more fun.
GOOD KING MOGGLE MOG GOOD KING MOG, LORD OF ALL THE LAND (KUPO)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Mannn, holy poo poo. I upgraded from a day-one purchased 3DS to a New 3DS XL and I've never held or seen one that wasn't a display model at Target and thus shackled down onto a giant metal holder, but holy hell this screen is big and beautiful. The opening video for Monster Hunter blew me away.
I just need Gelaskins (now Nuvango or whatever) to finally put out a template for the New 3DS XL because I need to cover up this fingerprint magnet.

Decal Girl has decals already for it. You can make custom ones pretty easily on their site.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Fuzz posted:

Decal Girl has decals already for it. You can make custom ones pretty easily on their site.

Yeah, they do great work, but I won a $50 gift certificate for Gelaskins a while ago (when they were still called that). :v: I may end up breaking down and ordering from Decal Girl soon though....

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Zat posted:

I'm from Finland and I'm pretty confident we just use the PEGI ratings now. At least that's what's on all the boxes.

edit: Confirmed. The PEGI ratings are what matter: https://kavi.fi/fi/meku/ikarajat

Oh ok. Here in Germany the USK is what matters, retailers aren't allowed to sell stuff with different ratings on the boxes.

http://www.usk.de/en/classification/age-rating-symbols/

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

KennyMan666 posted:

They're also incredibly difficult to All Critical because they're way more strict about the timing than the rest of the tracks. Screw EMS, it's only a good thing there's so few of them.

Also the most important thing related to Curtain Call and DLC is that Good King Moggle Mog's track is BMS and thus also playable online. :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kanfy posted:

Also the most important thing related to Curtain Call and DLC is that Good King Moggle Mog's track is BMS and thus also playable online. :getin:
Is that a challenge

Because I'm ready to throw down

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any advice on getting more Streetpasses out of homepassing? I got the MAC addresses cycling and changing every two minutes for like a half hour and I got... 2.

2 Streetpasses

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Is that a challenge

Because I'm ready to throw down

I can moggle up your poo poo anytime. :colbert:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Anyone have any advice on getting more Streetpasses out of homepassing? I got the MAC addresses cycling and changing every two minutes for like a half hour and I got... 2.

2 Streetpasses

SpillPassPi.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kanfy posted:

They're also incredibly difficult to All Critical because they're way more strict about the timing than the rest of the tracks. Screw EMS, it's only a good thing there's so few of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc

Wow, that is a REALLY BLATANT pastiche of that Nightmare Before Christmas song, ahaa

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm loving my 3DS. Been playing a lot of New Leaf, Phoenix Wright, and Majora's Mask. The only thing missing that I would eventually want is a big multiplayer game to unite us all. Are you guys all playing Monster hunter? Is there anything on the horizon?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Housh posted:

I'm loving my 3DS. Been playing a lot of New Leaf, Phoenix Wright, and Majora's Mask. The only thing missing that I would eventually want is a big multiplayer game to unite us all. Are you guys all playing Monster hunter? Is there anything on the horizon?

I have been pushing for a goon online game but no one likes fun it seems.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Kid Icarus was The Multiplayer Game for a little while but now it's Monster Hunter.

Play Monster Hunter.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Housh posted:

Nothing yet really, but there is that Pokemon MMO for the N3DS due out later this year. That should fill the big multiplayer game to unite us all slot nicely.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Nothing yet really, but there is that Pokemon MMO for the N3DS due out later this year. That should fill the big multiplayer game to unite us all slot nicely.

lolwut

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Monkey Fracas posted:

2 Streetpasses

Forget that silliness. Just pick a random school and go stand very close to the children. Follow them if they move away from you. You'll have a dozen Streetpasses in no time at all.

Boring option: head to a Computer Exchange store.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

e: ^^^ again, im still voting SpillPassPi. I can't finish a set of the minigames without hitting 10 again while I'm playing. Immediately.

noirstronaut posted:

I'm still voting for Mario Golf :colbert:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Wtf are you talking about

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Kid Icarus was The Multiplayer Game for a little while but now it's Monster Hunter.

Play Monster Hunter.

There's still people actively playing Kid Icarus. Maybe not necessarily goons, but even beyond midnight I can hop online and get a full match.

get Kid Icarus-- it's the best game on the 3DS

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kanfy posted:

I can moggle up your poo poo anytime. :colbert:
Send me your friend code, it's time to see who is the real Moggle King of SA

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Oh poo poo it looks like Icarus is winning. I've been avoiding it because every review mentions hand/arm discomfort. I'm on the cusp of getting wrist surgery cause of carpal tunnel so that poo poo scares me. I wish they made Nintendo branded wrist supports.

I'm sure there is already a goon Monster Hunter community, right? I think Giantbomb has one going strong. Could be fun getting stupid with each other.

noirstronaut posted:

What do you want to play?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Get Monster Hunter it's the best game.

Haha I assumed it was a taint reaper post without even looking at the author.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

eightysixed posted:

I'm still voting for Mario Golf :colbert:

Do we have to be friended? Someone just needs to start a loving tournament and hand out the code otherwise.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Fryhtaning posted:

Do we have to be friended? Someone just needs to start a loving tournament and hand out the code otherwise.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631156&pagenumber=1

Get on it :colbert:

e: also, no you dont have to be friends unless you want a match game. Tournaments are just like you said, just share the Private Tournament code.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Send me your friend code, it's time to see who is the real Moggle King of SA

It's 1048-9408-5600, any C-Callers are welcome because there can never be too much multiplayer in that game.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Housh posted:

Oh poo poo it looks like Icarus is winning. I've been avoiding it because every review mentions hand/arm discomfort. I'm on the cusp of getting wrist surgery cause of carpal tunnel so that poo poo scares me. I wish they made Nintendo branded wrist supports.

I'm sure there is already a goon Monster Hunter community, right? I think Giantbomb has one going strong. Could be fun getting stupid with each other.

What do you want to play?

Normally I'd say the Hand Pain Stories for KI are overstated but if you're predisposed to that sort of discomfort I'd avoid it. Monhun has better multiplayer anyway.

hun mons with us

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nolgthorn posted:

Oh ok. Here in Germany the USK is what matters, retailers aren't allowed to sell stuff with different ratings on the boxes.

http://www.usk.de/en/classification/age-rating-symbols/

You can find Pegi ratings on a lot of items besides the USK logo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Talked to Nintendo this morning about missing club nintendo codes in newly bought products. Once I get back to them with the # from the cart itself, they are going to credit me with some coins. So if you buy a game that should have a coin code but it is lacking, give them a call and be polite.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
if you want a MM 3ds and MM collector edition, go here now:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-complete-zelda-bundle/120653

this wil be sold out in minutes most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Housh posted:

I would advise caution if you have some wrist issues with large hands and are thinking about picking up MH4U. I would definitely look into picking up an attachable grip like this. When playing MH4U naked, I notice that my wrist start getting cranky if I play for a long time. And I have a tendency to flare up my tendonitis every now and then. So take that as you will.