Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

Here is a man

Whoa. Can this push Warriors into standard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

That Force of Will has just been confirmed, omfg

Yeah, gonna need a source for that.

Also liking Arashin, Silverblade Paladin was pretty good.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gyshall posted:

Here is a man

Temporary Silverblade Paladin? Seems cool. He needs a high power buddy to pair with though, and it's kind of awkward that the scariest things to pair him with will normally drop a turn or two after him. Like Ash-cloud Phoenix into this guy is scary, but you kind of want your three drops to be good on turn 3.

The magical xmasland land in limited of course is t2 Frost walker into this guy on T3

e: the above is wrong in so many different ways because I am bad at reading cards.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 5, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

...so like its fake and was clearly fake and a reference to an earlier joke we were making.

Oh goddamnit I got trolled off a troll sonofabitch

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Will be good in my card disadvantage EDH deck.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I can't believe they reprinted FoW, that's nuts

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

whydirt posted:

Impulse is also not a great name for a blue card (Maro has mentioned this on his podcast before). There's nothing impulsive about draw-go control.

An impulse reprint would be fun for nostalgia reasons, but I can also understand not wanting to let the old misprint back into Standard just because of people who will end up shuffling because the card says to.

When people say to reprint a card they don't mean literally without changing errata and stuff. it would not have that text.

Gyshall posted:

Here is a man

this is good

Entropic posted:

Impulse would probably be OK in Standard, it's probably a case of them being wary of letting Modern have it.

yeah, i guess but I'm still not happy :/

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

Will be good in my card disadvantage EDH deck.

I'm putting 4 in every deck I own.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Four forces and four everminds to pitch to them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I'm putting 4 in every deck I own.

it does synergize with itself, tbf

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gyshall posted:

Here is a man

I miss Mirran Crusader.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gyshall posted:

Here is a man

One day I hope to draft a cube deck where all my three drops have the word 'double strike' on them

Foremost giving rabbles and other masters double strike all day~

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

Magic sounds like it might turn into a BADGAME

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
This isn't Silverblade Paladin, even if you have a Warrior to pair it with this format is full of things that can stop a small creature with Double Strike, like Siege Rhino and Goblin token. There's a reason why even UW Heroic doesn't run Fabled Hero anymore.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

One day I hope to draft a cube deck where all my three drops have the word 'double strike' on them

Foremost giving rabbles and other masters double strike all day~

Double Strike is one of those trap abilities that is rarely relevant without running a surprise deck.

I have this weird feeling Dragons is going to have Giant Growth in it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I need to read cards more carefully, I missed that he only gives double strike to warriors. Still super good, but not as broken as I thought.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Oh well, whatever, Evermind.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
The trick is to call all of the opponent's creatures cowards.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

whydirt posted:

Impulse is also not a great name for a blue card (Maro has mentioned this on his podcast before). There's nothing impulsive about draw-go control.

An impulse reprint would be fun for nostalgia reasons, but I can also understand not wanting to let the old misprint back into Standard just because of people who will end up shuffling because the card says to.
Maro: never not dumb about Magic flavor.

(Note I say dumb rather than wrong per se.)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Zurgo went from 7 power and being indestructible to being Ironclaw Orcs.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
might have missed this earlier but why is zurgo a bellstriker now?

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
SO will the confirmed force of will reprint have a big effect on standard? Or is it mainly going to be for legacy players?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
okay but to zurgo's defense ironclaw orcs is more than one orc and he is a single orc.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zurgo lost 5 points of power and became a format staple instead of a goofy fringe playable.

Ottermode wins again.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

neetengie posted:

Um, did you miss the whole time-travel thing?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

forbidden lesbian posted:

when was that?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

forbidden lesbian posted:

No, just wanna know the story reason for him becoming a bellringer now.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ahhh, new Zurgo.

Anyone else remember Lazy Goblin from the first GDS? How far we've come.

Edit: Better link, because it has R&D responses instead of the responses of people in the GDS: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/responses-vapor-ops-2003-04-25

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

neetengie posted:

Like, are you not getting the whole conceit of the time travel thing?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

newtestleper posted:

SO will the confirmed force of will reprint have a big effect on standard? Or is it mainly going to be for legacy players?

let's wait and see how the meta shakes out

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

neetengie posted:

They haven't really explained but the bell-ringer seems to be the guy letting people know when other dragon clans are nearby so the Kologhan can attack them and stuff.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
If anyone has any doubts the FoW mockup is from Reddit and the person that created it confirmed it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

neetengie posted:

Dargons took our jerbs

Even the humblest of ankle shankers has been demoted to smashing party favors now. It's a tough one, this dragon eat dragon economy.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Elyv posted:

ahhh, new Zurgo.

Edit: Better link, because it has R&D responses instead of the responses of people in the GDS: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/responses-vapor-ops-2003-04-25

The responses to Twiddle Bug are absolutely precious, given the context of Modern Blue Magic.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

ahhh, new Zurgo.

quote:

Kenneth I. Patterson
No. This one should be filed along with Mana Drain under the "when R&D gets hit by a bus" category. Red already has enough 2/1s for R, and this one has less of a drawback than any of them.

rest in peace, R&D

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Emerson Cod posted:

If anyone has any doubts the FoW mockup is from Reddit and the person that created it confirmed it.

Confirmed its real, right?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Niton posted:

The responses to Twiddle Bug are absolutely precious, given the context of Modern Blue Magic.

Why? That card would've been bad but printable back then and is still bad but printable.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Elyv posted:

Why? That card would've been bad but printable back then and is still bad but printable.

A bunch of the non-r&d respondants, as well as Randy, brought up that Insects should never be blue. Which is still true, but R&D let it slide one time, and that single Blue Insect is one of the pillars of eternal formats.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

this will go great in my edh deck

Angry Grimace posted:

See now this is good (because its hard to evaluate and that is often very good)

Spiderdrake posted:

So the phoenix turns over and suddenly raptors everywhere! I think this might actually be good? It's certainly cool anyway. Raptorvine.

Rinkles posted:

Mini impulse

Gyshall posted:

Here is a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I would actually be okay with Force of Will in Standard if not for the effect it would have on Modern (people already whine when stuff gets banned).

There isn't anything overly degenerate to counter with it and I wouldn't be surprised if standard control decks would rather just pay mana to counter stuff rather than take card disadvantage since the only thing you're really pitching are other counterspells.

• Locked thread