Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I use this on my Macbook https://github.com/taintedzodiac/relaymyhome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I just go outside with my 3DS and get loads of Streetpasses. :confused:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is not a thing that happens for probably 80% of american 3ds owners

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Very quick question, physical and digital 3DS games use their own saves, on cart and on SD respectively, yeah? Or is it possible to switch over to a digital version of a physical copy of the game and still use the same save?

It's Animal Crossing I'm thinking about; would like to have it digital so I can just play it whenever without having to swap the cart out but holy lol am I not doing that if I can't use my old save.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I live in a country with about 4 million people in it, and which has no economy. If I can get Streetpasses, then so can you. I believe in you!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

tlarn posted:

Very quick question, physical and digital 3DS games use their own saves, on cart and on SD respectively, yeah? Or is it possible to switch over to a digital version of a physical copy of the game and still use the same save?

It's Animal Crossing I'm thinking about; would like to have it digital so I can just play it whenever without having to swap the cart out but holy lol am I not doing that if I can't use my old save.

There's a tool you can download that transfers your physical cart save to your SD card. You need to have a downloaded version of the game already installed for this to work.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

irlZaphod posted:

I live in a country with about 4 million people in it, and which has no economy. If I can get Streetpasses, then so can you. I believe in you!

I live in a state where there are ~11 people per square mile density-wise so not really. I've had 2 legit street passes ever and that was when I was doing a system transfer to the XL.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I took my 3DS to Gamestop last week and didn't get a street pass. Like, their in store demo unit wasn't even set up for it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I only ever get em in airports, and still not as many as you would expect. Maybe 1 or 2 per leg.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Imo it's much easier to buy a $20 router off Amazon that does dd-wrt for the streepasses than any of the other solutions.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I get 10 a day but I also go to a school with around 60,000 students.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Also, the Save Data Transfer tool doesn't copy your data. It moves it, your card will be wiped.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

Imo it's much easier to buy a $20 router off Amazon that does dd-wrt for the streepasses than any of the other solutions.

Because checking a box in osx settings and typing "./relay.sh full" is extremely hard

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One time I was traveling and went through three airports and didn't get a single street pass. :stare: These were all major international airports too.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Who gives a gently caress about streetpasses

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Who gives a gently caress about streetpasses

They are stupid but fun. The collecting Mii's thing is where it's at.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's more fun to get them for real and try to figure out the identity of the man with the weird elderly mii that you've streetpassed 20 times

I appreciate your puzzle pieces but you terrify me

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Dear Ya'all

Go eat unhealthy, or go to a store with no games.

Your welcome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Louisgod posted:

Wait the MM N3DS bundle didn't even come with the game..?

in europe it was bundled with it, and therefore also cost more.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nvm

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What's the best pre-3DS handheld Fire Emblem?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Lemming posted:

There's a tool you can download that transfers your physical cart save to your SD card. You need to have a downloaded version of the game already installed for this to work.

noirstronaut posted:

Also, the Save Data Transfer tool doesn't copy your data. It moves it, your card will be wiped.

Thanks to both of ya, will keep these in mind

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

noirstronaut posted:

What's the best pre-3DS handheld Fire Emblem?

the gba one (released as just FIRE EMBLEM in the west)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You want 7 or 8.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

enojy posted:

I get 10 a day but I also go to a school with around 60,000 students.

Do you clear out your streetpasses to get more than 10/day?

You'll find me at conventions clearing out streetpasses and holding R to race through puzzle pieces. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

corn in the bible posted:

in europe it was bundled with it, and therefore also cost more.

Oddly though, the Australian version didn't come with it preinstalled.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Space Fish posted:

Do you clear out your streetpasses to get more than 10/day?

You'll find me at conventions clearing out streetpasses and holding R to race through puzzle pieces. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

I would take a lot longer, sloughing through the DLC games.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I think I'm going to do my post grad for streetpasses

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm getting my masters and I get tons of streetpasses every day

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I work on video games with a bunch of nerds so I get lots of streetpasses.

shame I have nothing to do with them since I got all the puzzle pieces

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kaubocks posted:

I work on video games with a bunch of nerds so I get lots of streetpasses.

shame I have nothing to do with them since I got all the puzzle pieces

Maybe get the new Mii Plaza games to use them tags elsewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUcpRcy6oU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Eh, I liked getting all the puzzles because everyone gets the puzzle collection and now I'm basically a puzzle piece fairy spreading puzzle pieces everywhere and I can brag a lot about how I have all the puzzle pieces. Plus it was simple to hold R and mash my way through it. I'm not super interested in making my daily streetpasses take even longer to get through. Find Mii was torture enough.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
You can take in 10 more Plaza Miis if you just invite the first 10 past the gate.

It'll prompt you to play mini games with the first 10 immediately the next time you open the app, but then you can play 20 in one sitting.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Does that keep going indefinitely?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Grass Effect posted:

I would take a lot longer, sloughing through the DLC games.

When I first got these things I was happy there was more to do with the Miis since I had beaten Find Mii 2 and all that, but jesus this became a chore with my terrible OCD. At this point I only care for the puzzles, there's some Plaza tickets I'm missing but unless it's for the land conquering game I don't give a poo poo. I've basically done everything for the rest of them and what I'm missing is way too poopsocky for me to actually get done.

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
This is my first 3ds, never had a DS. Which of the DS Castlevania's is the best one?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

cp91886 posted:

This is my first 3ds, never had a DS. Which of the DS Castlevania's is the best one?

Honestly, I thought all of them were really good. I'd start with the first DS one and work your way through.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

cp91886 posted:

Order of Ecclesia, hands loving down. But yeah, get them all and play through.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I tried this, but no luck getting street passes. Anything I could be doing wrong?

I've never been able to get home pass stuff to work and I have no idea why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Order of Ecclesia, hands loving down. But yeah, get them all and play through.

Play this one last. I remember it being the most difficult, IIRC. Plus it's better than Portrait of Ruin, and you wanna go out on a high note.