Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What you mean that patch? No the patch is for small things. You will have to buy Scholar for the First Sin for the PC if you want all the new stuff (enemy placements, etc)

And yes, that means it basically splits the userbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Manatee Cannon posted:

You can record yourself but not anyone else. Sharing party chat is for streaming, and they have to have that option set to share for them to be heard on stream anyway. It will record ingame voice chat, though, so if you want your friends to be heard you can always leave your party. Everyone but you will be really quiet though.

I feel like no one's gave a shat about this feature yet but all the sudden the type of angst-driven maniacal laughing and freaking out of HellDivers has made it something people want.

So let me understand.

You get 4 people in an ONLINE match of HellDivers. You are streaming. If you stay *out* of a party chat, but just chat via the game's chat *AND* they have all gone into settings somewhere on PS4 and opted-in for chat recording, all 4 folks will be recorded on your captured/shared PS4 video?

[edit] And does this work on the on-going video capture where you come in later and just go "Save/upload video" or is this ONLY working when you are live-streaming?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 6, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shindragon posted:

What you mean that patch? No the patch is for small things. You will have to buy Scholar for the First Sin for the PC if you want all the new stuff (enemy placements, etc)
Well, if that's the way it would be, I would buy it again on the PS4 instead.

If PSO2 got a PS4 client, I could basically ditch my PC as a game platform tomorrow (or hell, maybe even ditch the PC itself and go entirely over to Andriod or whatever, since outside of games, everything I do with my PC is contained inside a web browser). The PS4 is clearly on its way to becoming a perfect substitute to it for what games I play and how. I've gone through the last two big Steam sales without buying a single game.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 6, 2015

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Helldivers 4 player breakdown

45% Shooting each other
25% Cape spinning
20% Trying to grenade each other
5% Shooting enemies
5% Trying to make supply drops land on someone's head

Game of the year

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Syrinxx posted:

Helldivers 4 player breakdown

45% Shooting each other
25% Cape spinning
20% Trying to grenade each other
5% Shooting enemies
5% Trying to make supply drops land on someone's head

Game of the year

you forgot the new hot game of Supply Drop Chicken. 2 guys stand under the supply drop and see who can dive last but still survive.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The review of Helldivers I read listed "the capes are awesome" as a positive point all by itself. Are they really that awesome?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

The review of Helldivers I read listed "the capes are awesome" as a positive point all by itself. Are they really that awesome?

The right stick is dedicated solely to twirling.

And aiming but whatever.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Shindragon posted:

And yes, that means it basically splits the userbase.

the free patch adds a new final boss and ending to the game along with some other stuff, it's not THAT small. DX11 version is necessary for the remixed enemy placements and the increased multiplayer cap though, yeah

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

StabMasterArson posted:

Is there much point getting Helldivers if you mostly play stuff singleplayer? It looks fun and I liked magica but it looks like the game relies on you having more than 1 player

I would say no. It's definitely playable solo but I think it would get boring quick. I don't know if it's playable offline, but if you have crippling social anxiety I'd say it's still more fun to join pubbie games and just be a mute, team coordination is not a huge deal.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EC posted:

Is it me or is Abe's Odyssey kind of...bad? I remember playing at least one of these as a kid and enjoying it, but the insta-deaths and relatively clunky controls on this one turned me off.

Its a pretty good game IMO with really original concepts and graphics, and some pretty good design.

Its really balls-hard though yeah, and very unforgiving (you died, try again! you died, try again!) Its pretty much Atari Pitfall for the Playstation.

Its a speedrunner's dream, though.

Its clunky but you do get used to it. The later levels get really loving hard though. But its pretty rewarding.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Feenix posted:

I feel like no one's gave a shat about this feature yet but all the sudden the type of angst-driven maniacal laughing and freaking out of HellDivers has made it something people want.

So let me understand.

You get 4 people in an ONLINE match of HellDivers. You are streaming. If you stay *out* of a party chat, but just chat via the game's chat *AND* they have all gone into settings somewhere on PS4 and opted-in for chat recording, all 4 folks will be recorded on your captured/shared PS4 video?

[edit] And does this work on the on-going video capture where you come in later and just go "Save/upload video" or is this ONLY working when you are live-streaming?

If you want to make a video by recording something using the share button, your friends need to be in voice chat to be heard. They will be quieter than you because they're part of the game audio. If you are streaming, your party can be heard but only if they've selected the option that allows for it. This is all in the share menu options, just bring up the share screen and hit options.

If streaming: your party can be heard
If recording a video through the share button: your party cannot be heard

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Manatee Cannon posted:

If you want to make a video by recording something using the share button, your friends need to be in voice chat to be heard. They will be quieter than you because they're part of the game audio. If you are streaming, your party can be heard but only if they've selected the option that allows for it. This is all in the share menu options, just bring up the share screen and hit options.

If streaming: your party can be heard
If recording a video through the share button: your party cannot be heard

Thanks. I found it. Now all you HellDivers need to go to your settings and opt to allow your voice to be recorded.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Keep in mind that Twitch, if that is what you're using to stream, does not automatically record past broadcasts. You have to tell it to archive past streams yourself or else whatever you stream will disappear as soon as you stop the broadcast.

edit: and archived videos on twitch don't last forever, either, so you'll have to export them to YouTube or something eventually

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 6, 2015

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Any good recommendations for a new HD? I have 34 GB left, which isn't enough at this point.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a pretty good game IMO with really original concepts and graphics, and some pretty good design.

Its really balls-hard though yeah, and very unforgiving (you died, try again! you died, try again!) Its pretty much Atari Pitfall for the Playstation.

Its a speedrunner's dream, though.

Its clunky but you do get used to it. The later levels get really loving hard though. But its pretty rewarding.

Make sure to turn on the alternate controls, which allows you to push a button to run (instead of analogue control) and pressing jump hops forward instead of having to use jump + analogue. It makes life much easier, even though I felt the controls were still a bit awkward.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Watrick posted:

Any good recommendations for a new HD? I have 34 GB left, which isn't enough at this point.

Get this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FRHTSK4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pry it out with a flat head screwdriver, there's probably instructions online somewhere (edit: like here), and use the drive inside which is a Samsung 2tb drive that fits in the PS4. Bonus: You can take the current PS4 drive and slap it in to the case you just took apart for a 500gb external drive.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Watrick posted:

If you want a speed boost you can put a hybrid SSHD in there, I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ

If you just want more storage space a standard laptop drive will work fine: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-HN-M201RAD-Momentus-SpinPoint-ST2000LM003/dp/B00I8O6OQ4

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Keep in mind that Twitch, if that is what you're using to stream, does not automatically record past broadcasts. You have to tell it to archive past streams yourself or else whatever you stream will disappear as soon as you stop the broadcast.

edit: and archived videos on twitch don't last forever, either, so you'll have to export them to YouTube or something eventually

I gotcha. I wasn't even necessarily streaming. I was just saving it to my PS4 (past 15 min, etc...) I hear myself and one other, fairly clearly. The others must have had it not opted-in.

All good!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Syrinxx posted:

If you want a speed boost you can put a hybrid SSHD in there, I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ

You can also go the 7200RPM route for speed: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145875

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StabMasterArson posted:

Is there much point getting Helldivers if you mostly play stuff singleplayer? It looks fun and I liked magica but it looks like the game relies on you having more than 1 player

I am also a single player fan but its got the feel of diablo 2 for me where i played exclusively online. The game is fun and works well even with voice chat turned off with an all pubbie team and the matchmaking is great. Single player would be a real drag to play though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Suspend/resume reportedly coming in firmware 2.50.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Apparently firmware v2.5 is going out for beta testing, sounds like it includes suspend/resume.

Edit: bah!

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

If it works as well as it does on handhelds it's a game changer. How well does it work on Xbox One right now?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Oh poo poo, I forgot Toro's House theme is in the US store now., annnd I just happened to have $2.02 left over in my wallet from that $15 back dealie. I'll miss the PSX startup sound from the 20th Anniversary theme, but I can't pass up chillin with Toro.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't trust this feature at all. Everyone who has used Standby mode seems to have their PS4's break because the PS4 isn't designed to be left on 24/7, even in a low power setting.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I don't trust this feature at all. Everyone who has used Standby mode seems to have their PS4's break because the PS4 isn't designed to be left on 24/7, even in a low power setting.

Conversly, I have been using standby every day since launch without a problem

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Syrinxx posted:

If you just want more storage space a standard laptop drive will work fine: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-HN-M201RAD-Momentus-SpinPoint-ST2000LM003/dp/B00I8O6OQ4

Personally I avoid Seagate drives. I had a number fail on me outside the bathtub curve, and they consistently perform badly on the backblaze stats.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

VarXX posted:

Also

I don't think I've ever turned it off except for like power outages.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I said come in! posted:

The only time I've ever had problems with Standby mode was during that brief period at 2.0's launch where it was busted. After they released the hotfix for that problem I haven't had any issues.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, there was that brief period where standby mode was totally hosed, but aside from that, I've never had any problems with it whatsoever. Nothing beats checking the PSN store online at work when it updates, making my purchases from my desk, and then coming home to find my new game already downloaded and ready to go.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

More features supposedly coming in 2.50 thanks to famous twitter leaker guy:
  • Delete trophies with zero percent.
  • Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.
  • SharePlay at 60 frames per second.
  • Share trophy details and screenshots.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Just tried Helldivers via Vita, passable to grind some easy levels solo. But God drat would I be a liability in a group... That right stick ain't no joke!

Still really love a twin stick shooter with more complex/funny mechanics. Anyone on my friends list feel free to join any time, mic or not. And any new blood feel free to add: Manac0r33.

Shoot ya on the battlefield son!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Policenaut posted:

Finally!
    /
:spergin:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

VarXX posted:

same, never had any issue.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there any reason they don't let you just delete trophies if you want?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Policenaut posted:

• Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.

I'm enough of a nerd that I'd love if it would take a screenshot every time I got a trophy.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."

Policenaut posted:

Bluetooth compatibility for headsets/mics?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Another data point for console never not in standby, never had a problem. I even have it vertical without the official stand. I just like to live dangerously.

Yodzilla posted:

Finally!
    /
:spergin:

It took Microsoft like six years to add that :/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I said come in! posted:

Nope. My PS4 only ever powers off when System Updates force it to momentarily. Has not had any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It was the most requested feature when Sony let people put feature requests themselves. Way over pause/resume, bluetooth support, PSX emulation (though that was also high and I'm still pissed they haven't added it considering the VIta supports PSX games on PSN). It's kind of insane that it was the most requested feature but it'll still be nice.

• Locked thread