Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Applebees posted:

I remember reading a retrospective on Time Spiral, and they considered that change a mistake.

They consider a lot of good ideas to be mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

qbert posted:

I'm happy Ultimate Price is getting reprinted because it kills everything in the R/W Aggro and G-Devotion decks.

Abzan midrange is going to run it and this upsets me because now its two standards where Stormbreath Dragon dies to 2 mana spells that also happen to be 1B

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Devor posted:

Are there spells that care about exact power/toughness? With 2 separate prowess triggers, you could kill a Prowess, Prowess 4/4 with a spell that said "Destroy target creature with 5 toughness", but the Prowess 2 creature dodges it.

Hidetsugu's Third Rite to be revealed at PAX

Count Bleck posted:

Abzan midrange is going to run it and this upsets me because now its two standards where Stormbreath Dragon dies to 2 mana spells that also happen to be 1B

I have yet to see the card that's gonna make Abzan Midrange not just the best deck still. Roast is nice, I guess, but Abzan gets Ultimate Price in return.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 6, 2015

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Rinkles posted:

Plus fetches, obv

I think he was talking about those who will be on stage rather than cards.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
lol offered to cover a local kid's hotel cost while he's in another country for a pro tour. got a message from his boss (a store owner) about trying to influence him against the store.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Is the PAX panel going to be streamed anywhere?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dr. Clockwork posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If you don't see the value in a giant uncounterable Grand Abolisher with two keywords I think you just lack imagination.

He's a fine EDH card but a bad commander, like what's the point of him as your commander unless you specifically are trying to dick over the guy who brings Talrand every week, he's not an interesting buildaround. I mean Idk it's not like every legend has to be a cool commander but I feel like the dragonlords specifically should be cool commanders? Maybe I'm just weird

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Yes!

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Hidetsugu's Third Rite to be revealed at PAX

I have yet to see the card that's gonna make Abzan Midrange not just the best deck still. Roast is nice, I guess, but Abzan gets Ultimate Price in return.

I mean I can't wait to roast some rhinos.

Shame black removal is just better almost always.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

He's a fine EDH card but a bad commander, like what's the point of him as your commander unless you specifically are trying to dick over the guy who brings Talrand every week, he's not an interesting buildaround. I mean Idk it's not like every legend has to be a cool commander but I feel like the dragonlords specifically should be cool commanders? Maybe I'm just weird

Well obviously you don't run him as a commander.

You run him in your Ur-Dragon deck.

Like RME.

Bit really the card is fine in limited/edh but that's really it.

I'm hoping Ojutai is also hot rear end so nobody can play their big dumb not-Silumgar

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 6, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Cactrot posted:

The card should have read:
Flying
Prowess
Prowess

No, it should have read "Megaprowess."

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm talking about French duel commander which is an actual cool format and which is very, very, very blue. At least half of a top 8 is instantly assured to be some combination of Tasigurs, Nins, Jenaras, Narsets, and Wydwens.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

My takeaway here is angels that go ninnnnnnnn are good in a magic format.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

That's why we need a reprint of Mana Leak, I guarantee that would help keep Abzan in check.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Oh, it's being streamed? Well I was going to be posting LIVE FROM PAX but I guess not.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Madmarker posted:

That's why we need a reprint of Mana Leak, I guarantee that would help keep Abzan in check.

We got a shittier version called Temur Charm.

I run it as a one of in temur midrange because the first ability is occasionally game winning.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Count Bleck posted:

We got a shittier version called Temur Charm.
Just wait til Neo Blue Devotion busts out Thassa's rebuff!

Glad they didn't name that card Thassa's Rebuttal.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Reload the Pax2 stream now if you started watching while they were hosting another stream, it won't switch back automagically

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zoness posted:

My takeaway here is angels that go ninnnnnnnn are good in a magic format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lze9xN3ACw ?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Sarkhan status: Still a colossal dork.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I guess the entire panel is just stupid "DRAGONS" jokes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The neatest part of that Wavecrash Elemental is that he's a UUU card that is also splashable. That is fun design.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I guess the entire panel is just stupid "DRAGONS" jokes

They need to quit dragon their feet and bring on the spoilers

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Nooooo, Anafenza's dead.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Anafenza is now a cute ghost anime girl.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Anafenza's a ghost now. Huh.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Exactly

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

They need to quit dragon their feet and bring on the spoilers

Stop wyrming puns into the conversation.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Zurgo is Biff Tannen.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Surrak Dragonpuncher

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
And now Surrak punches out dragons. :allears:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
punching a dragon w/ a shoryuken, i dig.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Oh wow, Pseudo Savage Punch. That was kinda fast.
Epic Confrontation - 1G
Target creature you control gets +1/+2 and fights target creature you don't control

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

Surrak Dragonpuncher

1G Sorcery, gives your dude +1/+2 and makes it fight another dude.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Surrak needs to become a planeswalker so he can travel around the multiverse punching things. Eldrazi, krakens, gods, whatever.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

BJPaskoff posted:

Unconditionally, or do you need Formidable or whatever?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

Good green removal, actually.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Entropic posted:

Unconditionally, or do you need Formidable or whatever?

unconditional

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm gonna get buried in spoilerchat, but suddenly I want some auras that "when ~ ETB, enchanted creature fights target creature".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

unconditional

That is insanely good, especially for limited. your morph eats their morph on turn 4 with no extra work. Then swings for an extra point of damage.

• Locked thread