Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

Especially hated in this thread.

That was the first time that I've seen it. I actually growled a tiny bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Day By Day is possibly :nws: http://i.imgur.com/DrTxmMC.jpg :nws:

As long as conservative cartoonists include "cattle futures" in their anti-Hillary cartoons, Hillary is not actually vulnerable.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

Bonus Allie:

Uh, Eric, Pat Quinn hasn't been governor for months.

or is this just bitching about Quinn's pension in general? He's been in office in Illinois for like thirty loving years, I'd hope he's got something good set up.
The more I think about this comic the dumber it is.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Not that it's surprising, but this is just lazy as poo poo.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I dig this cartoon a lot.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
There is literally not a single voter in these United States of America whose decision whether or not to vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidental Elections will be determined by her trade of cattle futures in the 1970s.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This looks like Tom Baker. Why do we hate him? :confused:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

JT Jag posted:

There is literally not a single voter in these United States of America whose decision whether or not to vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidental Elections will be determined by her trade of cattle futures in the 1970s.

I imagine there are drat few whose decision on who they're voting for isn't already set in stone now, regardless who picks up the nomination.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

TL;DR version: The local justice system used essentially robbing black people to fund city government. Also, the local PD is on email record as being full of jokey racists. Like some cartoonists we know.

I wonder how many of them traded work by some of those very same cartoonists. It's probably a nonzero number.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

This is just getting ridiculous.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JT Jag posted:

Where is the Hillary foreign contributions talking point coming from?

The Clinton's foundation took money from Bad Countries for the immediate relief effort in Haiti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuAw77J8_Y

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Clinton's foundation took money from Bad Countries for the immediate relief effort in Haiti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuAw77J8_Y

Christ that video is depressing.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

This is just getting ridiculous.

Pretty soon all Day By Day comics will be like that scene at the end of "Visitor Q"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Most realistic Biden I've ever seen Ramirez manage.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I don't get this one. Lawmaker is in favor of a bill, and therefore should recuse themself from voting on decisions regarding it? Doesn't that imply that everyone should recuse themselves from all votes on bills since they'd have to be in favor or against it to make a decision anyway? I'm not seeing the conflict of interests here.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I don't get this one. Lawmaker is in favor of a bill, and therefore should recuse themself from voting on decisions regarding it? Doesn't that imply that everyone should recuse themselves from all votes on bills since they'd have to be in favor or against it to make a decision anyway? I'm not seeing the conflict of interests here.

Elena Kagan isn't a member of the legislature.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Elena Kagen is a Supreme Court justice.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Ruth Bader Ginsberg, known for sleeping during oral argument.

Kagan is a Supreme Court Justice who had worked for Obama.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

tacodaemon posted:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Helena Kagen is a Supreme Court justice.

Alright, "lawmaker" was the wrong term, but if a bill is going to the supreme court with the case being "is this legal", surely you'd have to either believe it was legal or not to make a decision, so how is it worth recusing yourself if you believe it's legal?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

tacodaemon posted:

Doesn't change that whatever bullshit argument is going on in Ramirez's head applies at least as much to everyone else on the Supreme Court, or in Congress, or anywhere else in the government.

He's just mad that the Supreme Court isn't a bunch of clones of Antonin Scalia, basically.

e: Aaaand there's an image that's gonna haunt my nightmares :stare:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Kagan was in the soliciter's office while the bill was being drawn up (though isolated from the project by a chinese wall specifically because she was on the short list for a SCOTUS spot), therefore conservatives think she should recuse herself.

Note that we have conservative justices getting 3/4th of a million in payouts from think tanks against the law, but that apparently is just fine

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure Ramirez believes that justices appointed by Bush Sr. should have recused themselves from ruling on the recount in 2000.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Subterfrugal posted:

Ruth Bader Ginsberg, known for sleeping during oral argument.

Kagan is a Supreme Court Justice who had worked for Obama.
That's Ginsburg? I thought it was well-known Supreme Court Justice Floppy Dan the Misshapen Man.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
As editor of Investor's Business Daily, I am extremely dismayed at Hillary Clinton's history of doing business and investing, and also believe that members of the judicial branch should not have opinions on the legality or Constitutionality of things. Instead of an IQ, I have a Mohs rating. Subscribe to IBD today.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

JT Jag posted:

If there were, an interview with that person would be absolutely amazing.

"Oh, yes, she's a godless communist, and I don't think a woman should even be president, but the lady knows her cattle and, as a cattle man myself, I have to respect that. She's getting my vote, God help us all."

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Xenochrist posted:

Not that it's surprising, but this is just lazy as poo poo.

Not as lazy as Ginsburg over on the left of the panel there, which pisses me off more than anything. There's hardly a more switched-on judge in the entire loving system.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Not as lazy as Ginsburg over on the left of the panel there, which pisses me off more than anything. There's hardly a more switched-on judge in the entire loving system.

It's a jab at Ginsburg.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/232735-ginsburg-wasnt-100-percent-sober-during-state-of-the-union

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
There is precisely one Supreme Court justice who has been literally caught napping during oral arguments, but gently caress if you'll ever see Rameriz mock that one.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

beepsandboops posted:

I haven't been following the story really closely, but it also has the potential to be a HUGE cyber security risk.

Not really.

Shugojin posted:

This looks like Tom Baker. Why do we hate him? :confused:

Because we're still upset over Patrick Troughton leaving.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

chairface posted:

The black panthers are behind it so it's evil. And look at you eating guvmint breakfast, ya commie puffball.

Cereal helps protect the children against the dangers of masturbation, I'm told.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 7, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

minimalist posted:

There is precisely one Supreme Court justice who has been literally caught napping during oral arguments, but gently caress if you'll ever see Rameriz mock that one.

Full-Bodied Flavor
Jan 8, 2011

Can someone explain this?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Full-Bodied Flavor posted:

Ramirez believes in Diamond Joe (The one true prophet of D&D), also Warren once said she had Indian ancestry.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I guess it's a whole bunch of Things Happening all at once, but not sure which ones.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can see a preview of Ramirez's next "Arrows Pointing at a Presidential Candidate (Who Is Stinky)" cartoon there, on the left.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

"Democrats ain't got poo poo. Hillary is their best, and once she falls all they've got is Crazy Joe, and a racist liar."

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

"Hillary is looking like a bad candidate for the presidency because of her scandals, but she's not as bad as others."

Also Ramirez likes to draw Biden with a lampshade for a head, which I absolutely adore and if he could just keep doing that I would probably look forward to more of his comics.

e:f,b

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If diamond joe wins the nomination it's going to get really funny to see how far Ramirez is willing to take this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Plague of Hats posted:

"Democrats ain't got poo poo. Hillary is their best, and once she falls all they've got is Crazy Joe, and a racist liar."

The reaction of the GOPologists when Hillary Clinton or some other Democrat is elected President in 2016 is going to be so delicious. It'll be like Obama's reelection x 10.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 7, 2015

• Locked thread