Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Squallege posted:

I hope there's photos of Gohan and Videl's wedding that show Piccolo being the weird weepy father and being in more photos than Goku because Goku didn't even go.

Goku would go because there would probably be lots of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tae posted:

Vegeta was weak as poo poo in Future Trunks timeline

This is how it's explained, somehow right

Did Future Vegeta even make it to SSJ? I don't remember Trunks ever saying one way or the other.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Did Future Vegeta even make it to SSJ? I don't remember Trunks ever saying one way or the other.

I think the short little flashback montage thing that happened when Trunks was telling Goku about what happened Vegeta had gone SSJ in that. Presumably he achieved it the same way, but with only Goku to torment his dreams until he managed it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

TriffTshngo posted:

I think the short little flashback montage thing that happened when Trunks was telling Goku about what happened Vegeta had gone SSJ in that. Presumably he achieved it the same way, but with only Goku to torment his dreams until he managed it.

The image of ghost goku haunting Vegeta until he achieves SSJ is hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am just remembering older Goten from the end of the series and GT. The kid more or less gave up on fighting and turned into a normal teenager. Focusing on girls, cars/bikes and slacking off. Aka nothing like Goku.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, in retrospect, Chi-Chi must be one hell of a mother.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think Vegeta is going to be the hero this time you guys

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Vegeta gives Frieza another Super Saiyan speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgznHJhzLDY

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vegeta is also going to lose but then Trunks will beat Frieza using a sword he picked up from somewhere.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Clearly Gohan will save the day.

It could happen.

Stop laughing. :(

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

What if Future Trunks and an aged Trunks portra fused like a reverse andriod 17. Would they be Super Trunks?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Clearly Gohan The Great Saiyaman will save the day.

I think this is what you meant.

And in a perfect world that is exactly what would happen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goten would probably have been the strongest Z fighter of them all if he'd had Gohan's upbringing.
Dude hung with Trunks despite being a year younger and only training with Chi-Chi as opposed to with Vegeta in the gravity rooms. And he was cute and his voice didn't grate.

The he grows up to be the Yamcha of the Son family. :(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

What if Future Trunks and an aged Trunks portra fused like a reverse andriod 17. Would they be Super Trunks?

I never knew I wanted Kid Trunks and Future Trunks to fuse until this moment.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurain posted:

Goten would probably have been the strongest Z fighter of them all if he'd had Gohan's upbringing.
Dude hung with Trunks despite being a year younger and only training with Chi-Chi as opposed to with Vegeta in the gravity rooms. And he was cute and his voice didn't grate.

The he grows up to be the Yamcha of the Son family. :(

He wasn't really in the series long enough to be a Yamcha was he? And he only lost to Trunks and to Buu when fused, that's a bit more dignified than losing to Saibamen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He wasn't really in the series long enough to be a Yamcha was he? And he only lost to Trunks and to Buu when fused, that's a bit more dignified than losing to Saibamen.

He grew up to be more interested in being a ladies man, got his butt whooped by a little girl and forgotten entirely for GT basically (for what that's worth) and looked to have squandered that huge potential.

It's like if Yamcha was really successful in life, he'd be Goten, if Goten was a really unsuccessful Goku, he'd be Goten, so he's the Yamcha of the family, but not as bad as the real deal.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Super Shoulders Trunks

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aurain posted:

He grew up to be more interested in being a ladies man, got his butt whooped by a little girl and forgotten entirely for GT basically (for what that's worth) and looked to have squandered that huge potential.

It's like if Yamcha was really successful in life, he'd be Goten, if Goten was a really unsuccessful Goku, he'd be Goten, so he's the Yamcha of the family, but not as bad as the real deal.

He got a girlfriend in GT at least. Also they more or less did forget him entirely for GT. He was supposed to come on the ship and adventure with them. But Pan sneaked on board and Trunks and Goku left with out him and did not bother to go back for him.

Added on he just lost complete interest in fighting.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goten is just too cool for any of that fighting poo poo.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Maybe Goku will cry like a bitch.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Goku will be seen at the end slipping Freeza a fiver for letting Vegeta have his moment of glory.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vegeta beats Frieza into submission, then blows all his Ki on a pointlessly extravagant Ultra Super Saiyan God Final Flash, which he misses

One of the kids finishes off Frieza

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
One thing I actually like from GT is Vegeta's Final Shine attack. I wish that move was canon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just been watching DBZ Kai's Buu arc and now I am wondering what would have happened had Van Zant not been an rear end in a top hat. Likely everything would have gone better then it did other then Vegeta and Goku still being dead.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just been watching DBZ Kai's Buu arc and now I am wondering what would have happened had Van Zant not been an rear end in a top hat. Likely everything would have gone better then it did other then Vegeta and Goku still being dead.

Well his evil side would still have been inside of him so there would always be a chance of it getting out, but the heroes would have a lot more time to prepare.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

One thing I've always wondered about Frieza's armor, are his those his actual shins and forearms or are they covered in armor, too? It certainly matches the rest of the armor, but then again the armor could easily be designed to look like him in the first place.

Like on this form, the "forearm guards" look like stretched out armor to me. But... Frieza is also stretching himself out, so if they are part of his body they could still look like that. And they don't really show his third transformation so we don't know if they fell off or burst or morphed or what, but in his final form he does still have shin & forearm guards, though they look different.

Yeah I realize Toriyama probably didn't put much thought into it and there's no real answer. Up until now I always figured "he's some kinda crazy transforming alien, he loving absorbed the armor and incorporated it into his body" and that made sense to me.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 7, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That's Frieza's body. His non-final forms have a bio-mechanical thing going on, probably inspired by Giger's Alien

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

it probably means nothing but in xenoverse it's classed as 'bioarmor' and the description says it's extruded from their bodies

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

Well his evil side would still have been inside of him so there would always be a chance of it getting out, but the heroes would have a lot more time to prepare.

Gohan would have been powered up as he was in the middle of the Kai thing while that was happening.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

One thing I actually like from GT is Vegeta's Final Shine attack. I wish that move was canon.

I never got what was so special about it. Big Bang was a sort of expanding energy sphere, Final Flash was a two handed blast that took forever to charge...Final Shine was just "I'm throwing this blast one handed BUT IT HAS A NAME". It didn't seem to be anything special.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cornwind Evil posted:

I never got what was so special about it. Big Bang was a sort of expanding energy sphere, Final Flash was a two handed blast that took forever to charge...Final Shine was just "I'm throwing this blast one handed BUT IT HAS A NAME". It didn't seem to be anything special.

haha I just looked it up. That scene is terrible

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It looked better in the games. I don't even remember it being green really.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Kild posted:

haha I just looked it up. That scene is terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPnk3B6MUfU

Vegeta's terrible one-liners are the best.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like how there must be an entire 4 frames of animation for the first 25 seconds of that video.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dr. Miracle posted:

That scene could be performed by Homer Simpson and it'd fit perfectly

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's such a shame GT ever happened

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dr. Miracle posted:

Was that the MegaMan X charging sound?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It totally is. That just adds to the sillyness. Now I want to see "Public Domain SFX Z/GT".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Badly looped Wilhelm Screams for charging up :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That copy of the scene doesn't have the single greatest moment of GT animation.

The smoke at the start of this copy of the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7CSe1UOF5I

• Locked thread