Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Libelous Slander posted:

john oliver's last week tonight had a whole long section on crumbling infrastructure in the united states, it was very osha.jpg. they had edward norton as their a-list movie star for the hollywood blockbuster Infrastructure

You've gotta at least post the video for that, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SingleEnginePoweredLift.jpg

Or:

USMCaviation.jpg

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

in case anybody didn't already know there's an OSHA subreddit with plenty of material

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Robawesome posted:

in case anybody didn't already know there's an OSHA subreddit with plenty of material

This is wonderful.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MrYenko posted:

SingleEnginePoweredLift.jpg

Or:

USMCaviation.jpg

YourTaxDollarsAtWork.gif

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'd be more concerned if a van window was an integral portion of the shipping protection of infectious placarded materials, but the idea of AIDs infected sharps flying out the window as a van hits bumps is otherwise an entertaining image.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm the best dam inspector in the business :allears:

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

Hey can some one link me to that pipe lance pipe cleaner thing that backed out and cut the dude in half. It was posted somewhere in this thread.

I'm wondering whether this is funny or horrifying.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Bum the Sad posted:

Hey can some one link me to that pipe lance pipe cleaner thing that backed out and cut the dude in half. It was posted somewhere in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZlI9fLjOo

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

"That's loving my bucket all up"

This looks like a still from a zombie movie.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

i couldn't find one yet when i made that post :negative:

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Jesus gently caress, self driving 20k PSI flexible pressure lance? And the cause of death was it boring a hole in his torso, not what I though would happen, which is the hose rebounding with enough force to act as a blunt splitting wedge.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
drat chip pipe burst and flooded the basement... again!

Going to take a while to eat my way through this.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
e: Tiredposting, nm

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I cna't imagine what they were thinking with the lighter there, unless they thought it was safe because diesel or something?... which could still carry other types of fuel with it..

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

richardm posted:

Question: How can you tell how much fuel is left in a tanker?

Answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5M--0CSZ1I

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

I cna't imagine what they were thinking with the lighter there, unless they thought it was safe because diesel or something?... which could still carry other types of fuel with it..
I know of someone who did that exact same thing but with a helicopter. Same result. I used to have a copy of the mishap report, but can't seem, to find it now.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Say Nothing posted:

drat chip pipe burst and flooded the basement... again!

Going to take a while to eat my way through this.

That first pic looks really fake and photoshopped.

Then you see the second pic.

:eyepop:

(still photoshopped, yeah?)

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

richardm posted:

Question: How can you tell how much fuel is left in a tanker?

Answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5M--0CSZ1I

This is obviously pretty terrible and I hope that guy didn't actually die but the best part of this video is that the guy parking the truck, with the other guy motioning for him to 'park here', has to get out and then back in and move it.

"Oh hmm park in the big yellow square got it"

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

You know what the best thing about this is? The pilot accidentally turned the engine off.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suuma posted:

This is obviously pretty terrible and I hope that guy didn't actually die but the best part of this video is that the guy parking the truck, with the other guy motioning for him to 'park here', has to get out and then back in and move it.

"Oh hmm park in the big yellow square got it"

My uncle used to be an environmental consultant and worked on Suprerfund sites for a time. One of the stories he tells is a guy working on some site, but not for his company, stuck his head over an open hatch and shone his flashlight inside to examine the huge chemical tank. Whatever horrible stuff inside the tank ignited and torched the guy's upper body in a flash.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
"You know what? You just... uh... just get power for free. It's on us."

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Thump! posted:

art installation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Tony Homo posted:

That flour post reminded me that I used to use flour, since it's sorta lubricating, to masterbate to when I was a kid. And crisco. But it made a huge zit on my dick that I was so scared about that I actually showed my mom cause I thought it was cancer.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

This is wonderful.

I worked construction labour, and one time the main staging area got flooded because of some plumbers hosed up the sprinkler system pipes. everyone was standing around looking at this giant deep puddle full of extension cords, so I just grabbed a long squeegee and waded in and started pushing the water into the drain. I didn't get electrocuted but that is why construction labour is one of the most dangerous jobs.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

chitoryu12 posted:

Did a lighter really cause that? Gasoline is generally hard enough to ignite that a cigarette lighter or match dropped into it will extinguish rather than set the whole thing off. Unless it ignited fumes?

This is a good point. It was most likely his mobile phone!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
another time I was guiding the zoom boom with no formal instruction and once the boom was up the operator left the zoom boom unoccupied. a guy driving by stoppped and started yelling at us about how it was unsafe and he was going to call OSHA. I don't know if he ever did or not.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
every time you see one of those videos where a crane falls over or something it's because they put people like me in charge, and they don't get paid enough and don't give a gently caress

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Thump! posted:

Depressingly you can actually tell that it isn't.

The depressing part is you just spent five minutes forensically analyzing chip positions in your head.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

boo_radley posted:

Huntsman spiders are good parents because they carry their babies on their back until they can fend for themselves :kimchi:

Those tots should be wearing safety harnesses though

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

boo_radley posted:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trust the Germans, they know how to do workplace safety.

:nws: for some fake blood I guess. It gets better and better as it goes along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Opening a 500kV switch:stonklol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXiOQCRiSp0

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hello fellow kiwi

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I'm guessing that the plan wasn't to coil up a bunch of old underground wires?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I really hope somebody made a "that's a spicy meatball!" joke when they pulled that out of the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I am so much more okay with this than I am with the giant fuckoff monster spider with an army of baby fuckoff monster spiders.

• Locked thread