Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

Yeah just like Leader Magnus made MP Magnus impossible.

MP Magnus came first :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The point is that one toy in one line doesn't affect the chances of the same character in another (or even in the "same", like magnus getting a voyager in PRiD and almost immediately another in the BH followup) so that's always a silly complaint.

e: wonder what line these (probably scrapped) prototypes were meant for:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

clearly magnuses just get a lot of toys

i half-expect a God Magnus before a Fire Convoy at this rate

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Blackheart posted:

e: wonder what line these (probably scrapped) prototypes were meant for:

That one's actually the upscaled Beast Hunters Prowl.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh yeah it looks just like the upscaled Smokescreen but with a prowl retool. Upscaled Prowl was never actually released I think.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Or it may just be the regular cyberverse Prowl, since that's a thing that we know exists. The top one looks like a Dirge(?) remold of the current legends seeker.
Edit: actually, it sort of looks like a cross between both of the recent legends seekers, but that might be because the alt mode is so much closer to the classics one.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 7, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You are not the only one and yes those totally rule. If I wasn't in the middle of selling 4/5th of my collection I would have caved by now.

Selling...? Where is your for sale thread?

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Captain Blaargh posted:

Let them out of their plastic and cardboard prisons and play with them, YOU MONSTER!

Important Fire Convoy question: Red or banana flavour?

Red. I still have the box folded up under my bed because it was my first ~*~*~ Nippon Import ~*~*~ and I can't bear to part with it.

Combiner Wars question: TFWiki lists a lot of the main bots as being part of Superion/Menasor/Defensor, but what about Bombshell, Warpath, Thundercracker, Rodimus, and a bunch of others that have no specific big bot home? Are they just meant to be part of any and all of the combiners because reasons? Blackjack and Powerglide are the only ones listed to have specific functions despite not being part of the teams, so I might as well add them to my cart, but the others I can skip?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Guzwar posted:

Red. I still have the box folded up under my bed because it was my first ~*~*~ Nippon Import ~*~*~ and I can't bear to part with it.

Combiner Wars question: TFWiki lists a lot of the main bots as being part of Superion/Menasor/Defensor, but what about Bombshell, Warpath, Thundercracker, Rodimus, and a bunch of others that have no specific big bot home? Are they just meant to be part of any and all of the combiners because reasons? Blackjack and Powerglide are the only ones listed to have specific functions despite not being part of the teams, so I might as well add them to my cart, but the others I can skip?

Some Legends don't really go with the others, but you're doing yourself a disservice if you skip bombshell. Bombshell is amazing in every way.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
If you just want the combiners, yes.

Bombshell DOES have a third "gun" mode that was obviously on purpose because there is no other reason for his knee spikes that are also just the right size for being held. The gun mode is about the same as Powerglide's mode, not terribly complicated and only sort of looking like a gun.

He's not an official part of any team, though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There is no such thing as a bad Legends figure in Generations or Combiner Wars.

Even Bumblbee who directly references his G1 and Action Master toy was not bad.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bought a Tailgate, saw a Tailgate out of the mail parcel, left a Tailgate in his tiny plastic prison to resell later this year, ugh.

Unfortunate that MakeToys is apparently doubling down on Utopia and putting out Dystopia instead of the next Manga Mech series.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

Selling...? Where is your for sale thread?

Its all going in a giant chunk to a local dealer. I don't have time to dick around with the insane hassle of ebay or selling them all individually. If you have a want list I would be glad to pull things out for you.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Its all going in a giant chunk to a local dealer. I don't have time to dick around with the insane hassle of ebay or selling them all individually. If you have a want list I would be glad to pull things out for you.

Do you have a God Magnus???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Got much in the way of Beast Wars?
Or a Unicron or Primus?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You people are worse than the TCC begging thread.

*takes off and flies away with RID Omega Prime, Universe Omega Prime, and Cybertron Omega Prime*

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
So Takara Windblade is pretty cool.

She seems to have tighter joints and more stability than my Hasbro version, and the paint is far superior. Her jet mode being mostly red this time 'round also does a much better job of making her boots blend in with the fuselage.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Would it be possible to take a picture of most of it or is it packed away already?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Does it have to be God Magnus or is RiD UM enough? I don't know if there's a difference.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I finally got Takara Arcee, and she's drat near perfect, just smaller and slighter than I was expecting. But she's a spot-on G1 tribute, and I'm not disappointed at all. I'm glad I held out for her and didn't go with the Hasbro version with all the black paint apps.

It's weird seeing her in my small display of CHUG Deluxes and a few Voyagers, looking so much more like a human-proportioned (and surprisingly curvy) "action figure" than the bigger, more "robotic"-looking robots. But again, that's how she always looked in the cartoon, and I'm thrilled that they did as good a job as they did. It only took 29 years!

My next-most awaited Transformer is Leader Ultra Magnus. I don't collect Masterpieces, so I couldn't be happier that we're getting a very decent G1 tribute/modern update that will fit in with my other CHUGs and only cost $45. I'd love for them to take another shot at Hot Rod(imus), ideally a G1/IDW hybrid in Voyager scale, like they did with Ultra Magnus.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 8, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Actually I've been contemplating getting rid of my Masterpieces except for Soundwave and his lil buddies. I'd also take leader Magnus over the MP any day, even if the MP is indeed very sweet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Never get rid of any transformers, just pack them into small boxes.

I thought Beast Wars was going to take up a ton of room in storage but the whole line only took up two medium sized boxes. If you Arrange them in an orderly fashion the basics and deluxes only take up a single box and everything that's larger goes in the other.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Walked past a box from tfsource with the first wave of combiner wars dudes in a box on my porch. Can't wait to get home and checked out!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Does it have to be God Magnus or is RiD UM enough? I don't know if there's a difference.

I just wanted to disambiguate from all the other Magnuses. The voicechips are probably different, and i'd prefer RID to CR.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

I'd also take leader Magnus over the MP any day, even if the MP is indeed very sweet.

Confuses the hell out of me that people keep saying this in various forms. The MP Magnus is a fantastic piece of work. As much as I want the IDW one, I can't even begin to compare the two, since they're literally different characters. One cannot replace the other. I can't imagine my collection not having both of them in it.

DoctorWhat posted:

I just wanted to disambiguate from all the other Magnuses. The voicechips are probably different, and i'd prefer RID to CR.

God Magnus' blue parts are also slightly sparkly, while RiD Ultra Magnus' are flat blue. A similar difference exists between Fire Convoy and RiD Optimus.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

Confuses the hell out of me that people keep saying this in various forms. The MP Magnus is a fantastic piece of work. As much as I want the IDW one, I can't even begin to compare the two, since they're literally different characters. One cannot replace the other. I can't imagine my collection not having both of them in it.

In my case it's indeed one or the other though. Sometimes for a variety of reasons (space, for example) you only need one big-ish Magnus in your life (no doubt the MP is much larger) despite them belonging in entirely different toylines. I was sort of considering MP Magnus for a while but seeing the leader pics made me go "You know, I think this one will be enough." I understand your point, however. I also still have RiD and Animated Magnuses so I accept my double standard here; I guess I was just looking for an excuse to convince myself not to buy the MP.

I hope any of that made sense.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 8, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I only buy what the box label tells me to buy, it makes my purchasing decisions easy.

Yeah sure I could pay 60 dollars for MP sunstreaker, or I could pay 15 for a deluxe one that forms and arm and a leg and it's still a Sunstreaker.

OG Sunstreaker was tiny, so any modern interpretation is going to be an upgrade anyways.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Do you have a God Magnus???
No.

Rhyno posted:

Got much in the way of Beast Wars?
Or a Unicron or Primus?
Yes, no, no.

Captain Invictus posted:

Would it be possible to take a picture of most of it or is it packed away already?

We are talking an entire album of photos here. Like 15 or so pics of big lots. Massive purge.

Ok, anyone that wants a look just email frictiony at yahoo dot com. Please for the love of god understand that I am trying to move this in bulk and I don't have time to haggle. So if you want a great deal on a large portion of an entire line(s), I am your guy. If you want to offer me $3 shipped for a G1 Swerve if I can send 3 more pictures, I pre-hate you.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm 3d printing Beast Wars Grimlock parts to replace when the gold plastic crumbles.

Sofar they have come out well. Have the chest and shins done and all I need are the two head skull pieces. It took forever to match the proper color.

They look abit rough but other than that they're accurate and can fit on the balljoints.

Now only if I could find an intact minibot for Pretender Roadblock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No.

Yes, no, no.

We are talking an entire album of photos here. Like 15 or so pics of big lots. Massive purge.

Ok, anyone that wants a look just email frictiony at yahoo dot com. Please for the love of god understand that I am trying to move this in bulk and I don't have time to haggle. So if you want a great deal on a large portion of an entire line(s), I am your guy. If you want to offer me $3 shipped for a G1 Swerve if I can send 3 more pictures, I pre-hate you.

I emailed you dudeski.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Now only if I could find an intact minibot for Pretender Roadblock.

*Clears throat* What exactly...would you DO to him? That's not one I am selling but if you are doing god's work and trying to provide GPS victims to the masses I could see lending him to you.

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 8, 2015

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Oh and about all the stuff I am selling I should finally be done taking photos by the end of the weekend and hope to have a Dropbox of photos up Monday. Thanks for the interest!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

*Clears throat* What exactly...would you DO to him? That's not one I am selling but if you are doing god's work and trying to provide GPS victims to the masses I could see lending him to you.

That might be abit risky because for Grimlock parts I had to unscrew a spare Dinobot and have the parts be replicated individualy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

That might be abit risky because for Grimlock parts I had to unscrew a spare Dinobot and have the parts be replicated individualy.

Yeah I think Roadblock has a bigass pin through him. If you're doing 3d scanning I think all you'd have to do is reposition his limbs until you've got it all in a composite. Are you scanning or casting?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Yeah I think Roadblock has a bigass pin through him. If you're doing 3d scanning I think all you'd have to do is reposition his limbs until you've got it all in a composite. Are you scanning or casting?

No not scanning I've been replicating everything through Maya.

I dunno if my university has a scanner, all I know is they have a big rear end 3d printer that is slow as hell. Roadblock has a big fat GPS plastic pin surrounding his metal pin IIRC.

I'm more sort of hoping to stumble into a bootleg of him that could be used. Either that or use My own road block who has one working arm.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 8, 2015

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Actually I've been contemplating getting rid of my Masterpieces except for Soundwave and his lil buddies. I'd also take leader Magnus over the MP any day, even if the MP is indeed very sweet.

You wouldn't happen to have an MP-1 for sale would you? I'm actually leaning in the opposite direction and thinking of focusing only on MP's going forward, with some Hastak stuff for generations.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm 3d printing Beast Wars Grimlock parts to replace when the gold plastic crumbles.

Sofar they have come out well. Have the chest and shins done and all I need are the two head skull pieces. It took forever to match the proper color.

They look abit rough but other than that they're accurate and can fit on the balljoints.

How long does it take to replicate a replacement set for Beast Wars Grimlock?

I haven't transformed mind in a few years and i'm afraid to.

Same with my BW Neo Archadis and BW2 Galavatron.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

In my case it's indeed one or the other though. Sometimes for a variety of reasons (space, for example) you only need one big-ish Magnus in your life (no doubt the MP is much larger) despite them belonging in entirely different toylines. I was sort of considering MP Magnus for a while but seeing the leader pics made me go "You know, I think this one will be enough." I understand your point, however. I also still have RiD and Animated Magnuses so I accept my double standard here; I guess I was just looking for an excuse to convince myself not to buy the MP.

I hope any of that made sense.

It did. I mean MP Magnus is one hell of a chunk of change, but I'm an MP junkie, so if it's part of the line (and not a weird non-numbered repaint), I buy it, and I like Magnus way, way more than I expected to. He's huge, blocky, and brightly colored and somehow it just all works. I have yet to regret an MP purchase other than Rodimus. I'm not actually sure MP Magnus is bigger than IDW Magnus, though. MP Magnus is really chunky but I'd be surprised if he was much taller than IDW Magnus once you factor in the shoulders. They're both great toys (well, I'm assuming on IDW Magnus, but it sure looks great so far).

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
There is no way that MP Magnus isn't bigger than Leader Magnus. Leader Magnus has to fit in the same sized box as Jetfire does and Magnus dwarfs that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Depends how they pack him, really. Jetfire doesn't even come close to taking up all the space available in his box. Neither does CW Megatron.