Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cedric being absolutely done with this deck for the rest of the tournament, fabulous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Count Bleck posted:

Cedric being absolutely done with this deck for the rest of the tournament, fabulous.

Patrick tearing up the desk list was great

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Only way to top this is to now tell the pat and cedric that the next match is going to be the other two G/W devotion players. Live the dream Nick Miller, live the dream.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
What could go wrong featuring a matchup with 0 removal but a lot of creature production/life gain.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Life gain is a disease

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Interested in seeing Anafenza with Dash dudes, but with her being WW it probably won't work in standard.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
They finally put a match on stream that is straight out of the EDH Durdle Turtle Playbook and everybody bitches?

There's just no pleasing you fuckers.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Maybe they'll reprint Rain of Gore or make something like it.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

RG Command was printed to stop the power of WG devotion.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

"I don't actually have any sideboard for the mirror because it never goes to game 2"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Does it make me a bad person that I want these decks to include Enduring Scalelords as well? :getin:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kyrosiris posted:

Does it make me a bad person that I want these decks to include Enduring Scalelords as well? :getin:

No, because a pair of Enduring Scalelords would guarantee an end to the drat game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Everyone thinks that Ojutai Exemplars dodges Wrath effects.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

....is that a Fleecemane Lion set to Dragons?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

suicidesteve posted:

Ran out of dice!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

suicidesteve posted:

They literally ran out of dice.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Ramos posted:

Nah, that was my bad. I thought you wanted to follow a WW with Anafenza the Foremost.

Also, wee, cheating. See if you can catch what happened.

During Thoughtseize, Roby put his Hero's Downfall perfectly underneath another card, keeping his opponent from seeing it and having him discard it.

This is a good catch, can any judges chime in on what the potential penalties are for being caught doing this?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Mr. Peepers posted:

This is a good catch, can any judges chime in on what the potential penalties are for being caught doing this?

only a rules advisor, but since it appears to be intentional (and pretty demonstratable since its on camera), it would fall under Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Cheating, which results in disqualification (and I'm pretty sure this one isn't downgradable by the head judge)

pretty sure this doesn't fall under Tournament Error - Communication Policy Violation since he was clearly doing it to gain advantage.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 7, 2015

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mr. Peepers posted:

Yeah, A big flaming stink got it, but I'd say that's Cheating. Could be a lower penalty, but it seems absolutely intentional and uncorrected.

EDIT: Yeah, it could be a Communication Policy Violation at the very least if it was a legit accident, and they called a Judge immediately and all that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've just noticed that new Sidisi, Zurgo and Anafenza all use their clan's mechanics. Does that mean we get another way to grant Rebound in Taigan? A trigger on the copy going off could be interesting.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 7, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I've just noticed that new Sidisi, Zurgo and Anafenza all use their clan's mechanics. Does that mean we get another way to grant Rebound in Taigan? A trigger on the copy going off could be interesting.

That's because they have creature mechanics; I imagine Taigam is just going to be more fake Prowess ("whenever you cast a non-creature spell, [insert cool thing happening]").

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 8, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Yuuya is so ridiculously good, Jesus.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

Angry Grimace posted:

That's because they have creature mechanics; I imagine Taigam is just going to be more fake Prowess ("whenever you cast a non-creature spell, [insert cool thing happening]").

Narset giving spells Rebound counts, I think.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chorocojo posted:

Yeah but she's not the "Khan" of her clan anymore. Taigam is.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Chorocojo posted:

She isn't the clan's human leader anymore though. That kind of ability is something I'd expect to be a bit considered Mythic level anyways (delayed triggers; requires the player to know what Rebound is, since its not on the card).

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How were they gaining all that life anyway? Recasting Nylea's Disciple with Temur Sabertooth?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Entropic posted:

How were they gaining all that life anyway? Recasting Nylea's Disciple with Temur Sabertooth?

I'm pretty sure multiple copies of mastery of the unseen and no one playing removal had something to do with it.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Entropic posted:

Stacking Masteries of the Unseen with Whisperwood Elementals and a bunch of dudes.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

only a rules advisor, but since it appears to be intentional (and pretty demonstratable since its on camera), it would fall under Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Cheating, which results in disqualification (and I'm pretty sure this one isn't downgradable by the head judge)

pretty sure this doesn't fall under Tournament Error - Communication Policy Violation since he was clearly doing it to gain advantage.

He already got away with it - it was ruled a dexterity error.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Angry Grimace posted:

You could give him a weird revision on Snapcaster, like, flash, target sorcery or instant on the stack gains rebound but I think that might be a bit complex.

Maybe "the next spell you cast"? I dunno, I'm not even sure there is a Taigam (which will make sad)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

You could give him a weird revision on Snapcaster, like, flash, target sorcery or instant on the stack gains rebound but I think that might be a bit complex.

Maybe "the next spell you cast"? I dunno, I'm not even sure there is a Taigam (which will make sad)

There's gonna be a blue leader I'm sure. We haven't seen Surrak either and we weren't supposed to see Ghost Waifu either (that was Maro's preview card, someone else just leaked it).

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I could see a big effect like "Instants and sorceries you cast have rebound", but that would have to be prohibitively expensive to be printable.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Patrick and Cedric laughing about Yuuya's loot off of Jeskai Ascendancy: Oh, you're discarding stoke the flames? You don't need that? That's great.

I love when Patrick breaks as the straight man.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Devor posted:

Patrick and Cedric laughing about Yuuya's loot off of Jeskai Ascendancy: Oh, you're discarding stoke the flames? You don't need that? That's great.

I love when Patrick breaks as the straight man.

Watching the inventor of Jeskai Tokens play his deck is loving beautiful. So effortlessly beats a super competent player, on the play, with a perfectly good draw.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Everyone thinks that Ojutai Exemplars dodges Wrath effects.

Its one of those rare cards that gets worse when you read the large amount of text. 4 CMC is probably just too much for a Prowess -deck card that doesn't trigger Prowess itself. That slot is probably gonna be taken by Ojutai's Command or Narset Transcendent.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Angry Grimace posted:

Its one of those rare cards that gets worse when you read the large amount of text. 4 CMC is probably just too much for a Prowess -deck card that doesn't trigger Prowess itself. That slot is probably gonna be taken by Ojutai's Command or Narset Transcendent.

I wish it was just a rare. :sigh:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Theres two Prowess deck playable cards that give it indestructible for cheap.

Also wtf at that Thoughtseize cheat being labeled a mistake. How blatant do you need to be.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Theres two Prowess deck playable cards that give it indestructible for cheap.

Also wtf at that Thoughtseize cheat being labeled a mistake. How blatant do you need to be.

Wizards has traditionally been hesitant to go hog wild on cheats from cameras unless there is several cases of it since it is a different level of enforcement from non-camera matches.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to place the onus on the owner of the hand to make sure all their cards are properly revealed? Like, if you put it down initially and one card is covered up, that's a dexterity error, but when you don't look at it and go, "oh hey, I should make sure it's obvious that I have a Hero's Downfall there," that's where the dishonesty comes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Hey.

Hey.

What kind of dragon makes the best gravy?

Au-jus-tai.

• Locked thread