Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Or just buy, like, some warm-colored lightbulbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Or just buy, like, some warm-colored lightbulbs.

Lifehack: Set your house on fire, have free warm-colored lighting for the rest of your life. Also save on heating!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lifejack: bite two sides of a thin mint cookie and drink milk thru the cookie

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

amityville anus posted:

Lifejack: bite two sides of a thin mint cookie and drink milk thru the cookie

tim tam slams are objectively better

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Cadburys fingers don't survive long doing that with hot tea but it's worth trying.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Angela Christine posted:

That's not really a hack though, just a product working as intended.

p sure that's half the hacks in this thread

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edminster posted:

tim tam slams are objectively better

I'm not normally a fan of caramel or Tim Tams, but a caramel Tim Tam that you've just sucked hot tea through is surprisingly great, all melty and delicious.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Cakefool posted:

Cadburys fingers don't survive long doing that with hot tea but it's worth trying.

We don't have those over here, and the best I could use was a Twix. It wasn't as magical as many say it is. I guess it was the cheap chocolate :(

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

We don't have those over here, and the best I could use was a Twix. It wasn't as magical as many say it is. I guess it was the cheap chocolate :(

What kind of totalitarian regime do you live under that you can't buy some Cadbury fingers

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

freeedr posted:

What kind of totalitarian regime do you live under that you can't buy some Cadbury fingers

We can't buy Cadbury anything.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Lifehack: If you would like to enjoy some delicious fruit salad but have neither time nor motivation to prepare some, just bite into a banana, a pear and some grapes in quick succession and finish by gulping a bit of whipped cream from an aerosol can.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Well then the

The life hack is to shop somewhere else, since that deal only involves one single import company apparently

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

If you have never done something like that because you're in a hurry or out of dishes, then you are a stronger man than I.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

freeedr posted:

I live in Mexico, but Cadbury is slowly trying to bring his products in to the Mexican market. So maybe, sometime in 10 years.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

freeedr posted:

Well then the

The life hack is to shop somewhere else, since that deal only involves one single import company apparently

Read the article. Hershey has a licensing agreement with Cadbury to sell chocolate in the US under the Cadbury name manufactured by Hershey, but using a different recipe. Anyone else who tries to import the real thing will likely run afoul of Hershey's legal department.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Geoj posted:

Read the article. Hershey has a licensing agreement with Cadbury to sell chocolate in the US under the Cadbury name manufactured by Hershey, but using a different recipe. Anyone else who tries to import the real thing will likely run afoul of Hershey's legal department.

Hershey can have all the agreements it wants with whomever it wants. People not party to the agreement are not beholden by it. Unless Cadbury makes their distributors sign something to the effect of, "I will obey all third-party deals you make at a later date," I think the distributors can pretty much thumb their noses at Hershey. Maybe the legal questions thread would enjoy this one. I'm kind of curious, myself.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Geoj posted:

The Free Market! :downs:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Centripetal Horse posted:

Hershey can have all the agreements it wants with whomever it wants. People not party to the agreement are not beholden by it. Unless Cadbury makes their distributors sign something to the effect of, "I will obey all third-party deals you make at a later date," I think the distributors can pretty much thumb their noses at Hershey.

I again suggest you read the article:

NYTimes.com posted:

As a result of a settlement with the Hershey’s Company, Let’s Buy British Imports, or L.B.B., agreed this week to stop importing all Cadbury’s chocolate made overseas.

Jeff Beckman, a representative for Hershey’s, said L.B.B. and others were importing products not intended for sale in the United States, infringing on its trademark and trade dress licensing. For example, Hershey’s has a licensing agreement to manufacture Cadbury’s chocolate in the United States with similar packaging used overseas, though with a different recipe.

“It is important for Hershey to protect its trademark rights and to prevent consumers from being confused or misled when they see a product name or product package that is confusingly similar to a Hershey name or trade dress,” Mr. Beckman said in an email.

So yeah, unless you're importing a small enough volume to fly under the radar you'll be on Hershey's legal department's poo poo list.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Cadbury does Wonka better than Wonka:

They have like, 6 to 8 different flavours out now.
Really, look at this low-effort junk Wonka/Nestle did:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Centripetal Horse posted:

Hershey can have all the agreements it wants with whomever it wants. People not party to the agreement are not beholden by it. Unless Cadbury makes their distributors sign something to the effect of, "I will obey all third-party deals you make at a later date," I think the distributors can pretty much thumb their noses at Hershey. Maybe the legal questions thread would enjoy this one. I'm kind of curious, myself.
I don't think you understand how licensing agreements work.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Geoj posted:

I again suggest you read the article:

So yeah, unless you're importing a small enough volume to fly under the radar you'll be on Hershey's legal department's poo poo list.

This is why I am grateful I made friends overseas. Let the Cadbury runs begin.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
lifehack: STOP EATING SO MUCH loving CHOCOLATE YOU GOD drat TROGLODYTES

you aren't troglodytes i'm sorry ilu <3

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lifehack: Eat chocolate to make yourself feel better. Eat all that shameful chocolate like a pig, you disgusting meat blimp. You'll feel so much better #LifeHack

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
lifehack: oh my god that was no chocolate bar

i think i'm going to be sick

no wonder there was corn in it

blaafaaaAAARGH

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

uh am i misreading or did you eat...a poo???

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I feel better already.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
You can buy proper Cadbury chocolates in the U.S. at British import stores, or at many Canadian border crossings.

For the record, I'm a Jelly Babies girl. Chocolate is gross. :colbert:

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

bringmyfishback posted:

You can buy proper Cadbury chocolates in the U.S. at British import stores, or at many Canadian border crossings.

For the record, I'm a Jelly Babies girl. Chocolate is gross. :colbert:

I tried a Hershey's bar from some import candy store and it was straight up the grossest thing I've eaten. Tasted like super sweet vom and despair. How do people eat that?
Good, dark chocolate is a gift from the loving gods though.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

appropriatemetaphor posted:

uh am i misreading or did you eat...a poo???

:itwaspoo:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Hershey actually said gently caress it and made their chocolate with rotten milk. Since there were basically no other (cheap) choices at the time, people got used to it and eventually the other companies started to actively add butyric acid (aka the vomit enzyme) to their subpar-but-not-crappy chocolates to more closely match the taste of Hershey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershey_bar#Hershey.27s_milk_chocolate

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Mar 9, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Hershey actually said gently caress it and made their chocolate with rotten milk. Since there were basically no other (cheap) choices at the time, people got used to it and eventually the other companies started to actively add butyric acid (aka the vomit enzyme) to their subpar-but-not-crappy chocolates to more closely match the taste of Hershey

Capitalism owns.

Dumb running hacks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TMhQGBDSM

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Sentient Data posted:

I've heard that's how the chocolate milk marketed to schools and other institutions is made.

Lifehack: Add some motherfucking corn syrup and no one will know they're literally sucking down liquid garbage.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

lifehack: oh my god that was no chocolate bar

i think i'm going to be sick

no wonder there was corn in it

blaafaaaAAARGH
I bought Toblerone with corn in it on my last trip to Mexico. No, really.

It was kind of weird.

Lifehack: Eat brown stuff with corn in it, poo poo brown stuff with corn in it! Skip the middleman!

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

Lifehack: Eat brown stuff with corn in it, poo poo brown stuff with corn in it! Skip the middleman!

Digest your corn chocolate more efficiently by unwrapping it and putting it directly in the toilet. #lifehaxx

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Geoj posted:

NYTimes.com posted:
“It is important for Hershey to protect its trademark rights and to prevent consumers from being confused or misled when they see a product name or product package that is confusingly similar to a Hershey name or trade dress,” Mr. Beckman said in an email.

I understand the principle of a business taking this kind of action, but I wish it wasn't framed in such a weasel-y way. No purchaser's life is going to end if they buy the wrong candy. Just come out and say you're doing it to protect your market share and ability to sell, not the ability to help customers enjoy a thing.

mamelon has a new favorite as of 16:03 on Mar 9, 2015

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

Lifehack: Eat chocolate to make yourself feel better. Eat all that shameful chocolate like a pig, you disgusting meat blimp. You'll feel so much better #LifeHack

I just want to chime in and say that "disgusting meat blimp" is probably my new favorite phrase. :allears:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

I bought Toblerone with corn in it on my last trip to Mexico. No, really.

Corn and chocolate is pretty tasty: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smash!_(chocolate)

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Karate Bastard posted:

Ironically, this is actually true. Well, kind of. Eating just over two ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate works as an antitussant as well or better than a dose of cough syrup with codeine for about 6-8 hours.

The trick is it must be unsweetened baking chocolate because anything less has drastically lowered amounts of theobromine, which is the ingredient doing all the work. So yeah, choke down some super-bitter chocolate, for your health!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Dark chocolate is also good for diabetics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

sweet