Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Junkie Disease posted:

How is Majoras Mask vs say the original. The visual upgrade on starfox 3ds has me a wonderin.

Visually it looks pretty fantastic. Comparable to OoT 3D, if you played that. There are some relatively minor mechanical changes that I've been fine with so far but have turned some people off. Also the bosses have all been re-tweaked. Mostly for the better in my experience thus far. (Haven't fought the fourth boss yet.)

Fuzz posted:

Is the StarFox 64 upgrade any good? Looks a lot better than N64 graphics at a glance, at least.

It's good, in that it's Starfox 64 on a handheld with a couple new game modes for medal-collecting goodness. It looks a bit better, graphically, and the voice acting got re-jiggered. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if the voice clips weren't burned permanently into my brain from my childhood.

Anyway, if you liked Starfox 64, you'll like the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Also the bosses have all been re-tweaked. Mostly for the better in my experience thus far. (Haven't fought the fourth boss yet.)
I sort of hated all of the boss tweaks. None of them made the fights feel any harder, but all of them made the fights feel far longer and boring than they needed to be. Goht used to be a pretty fun boss, but now you have to literally stop and attack his weak spot every once in a while and it makes me hate having to come back to him to lift the snow.

Twinmold is an exception though. On one hand, it is the most time consuming and tedious boss of the four, but on the other hand, the changes to it are the best thing, and if you don't know what's coming, its a pretty nice surprise.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

noirstronaut posted:

Outside of that, everyone should own a DSTWO solely to play Rhythm Tengoku on their new 3DS.

This is, literally, the reason why I want to own one. Especially since that Rhythm Heaven Silver translation finished up but they're all still sold out, dammit.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone had problems with the second stick? Mine decided it doesn't want to go down today. Not looking forward to sending my system in for repairs twice in two weeks.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Liquid Penguins posted:

Has anyone had problems with the second stick? Mine decided it doesn't want to go down today. Not looking forward to sending my system in for repairs twice in two weeks.

The little nipple the NN3DS has? It's been working fine for me, except it wants an unusual amount of pressure before it registers an input.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Liquid Penguins posted:

drat. I'm already in that boat. It's been nearly a month since I've actually played it. Have you tried calibrating it so you can see what the input looks like?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Theta Zero posted:

It's the exact same but with somewhat better voice acting and much better graphics. There's no notable changes other than that.

Multiplayer is completely different, that's definitely worth mentioning.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Wamdoodle posted:

drat. I'm already in that boat. It's been nearly a month since I've actually played it. Have you tried calibrating it so you can see what the input looks like?

Yes and it no longer takes down inputs.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Liquid Penguins posted:

Yes and it no longer takes down inputs.

Oh, that sucks. Also, looks like i'll be buying the retail extended warranty from now on just so I can exchange it at wherever I buy it. I've never had this much trouble from a handheld before. You might as well just bite the bullet and get the process started.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
No nintendo, I will not check the box that says I am acknowledging this is not a hardware defect. gently caress off. I'm just going to the repair center in person tomorrow.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Sounds crazy but try wiping the stick with your shirt and your thumb and see if the issue persists. I had the same problem and it turns out I just have goon hands that ruin everything.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendo really misjudged their key demo when they made the n3ds susceptible to hand sweat

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Liquid Penguins posted:

No nintendo, I will not check the box that says I am acknowledging this is not a hardware defect. gently caress off. I'm just going to the repair center in person tomorrow.

You weren't in this thread 50 pages ago so I'll let this one pass but you gotta wear latex gloves so your goony paws don't sweat up the New 3DS nipple.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Wacky joke you got there thanks for reposting it

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Multiplayer is completely different, that's definitely worth mentioning.

Oh I've never played the multiplayer on the 3DS remake. What's changed about it?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Liquid Penguins posted:

Wacky joke you got there thanks for reposting it

It was semi-serious, though. It has been reported that if your thumb gets sweaty it won't function very well.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Red Robin Hood posted:

You weren't in this thread 50 pages ago so I'll let this one pass but you gotta wear latex gloves so your goony paws don't sweat up the New 3DS nipple.

Latex gloves is totally my fetish so i'm glad I bought this console :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Theta Zero posted:

Oh I've never played the multiplayer on the 3DS remake. What's changed about it?

All flying, no Landmaster or On-Foot :sigh:. Couple new maps too.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Pro tip: Never buy a nintendo console online. Do it in a store so you can play swapsies when you get a turd that slipped through their (non-existent?) QA.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Liquid Penguins posted:

Pro tip: Never buy a nintendo console online. Do it in a store so you can play swapsies when you get a turd that slipped through their (non-existent?) QA.

I ordered my Wii U refurbished off the Nintendo website and it rules and I will love it forever.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All flying, no Landmaster or On-Foot :sigh:. Couple new maps too.

I forgot about the on foot mode in the multiplayer. It was always hilarious how your character just explodes when they die.

But the removal of the alternate modes aren't too bad when anything other than the arwing wasn't as fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theta Zero posted:

I forgot about the on foot mode in the multiplayer. It was always hilarious how your character just explodes when they die.

But the removal of the alternate modes aren't too bad when anything other than the arwing wasn't as fun.

not true it was a good rock paper scissor. plane kill tank, tank crush man, man practically invisible to plane,

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Real hurthling! posted:

not true it was a good rock paper scissor. plane kill tank, tank crush man, man practically invisible to plane,

That probably explains why we never had any fun when my friends and I played it, then. We always went all or nothing where everyone was always the same vehicle because we were lame and wanted balance.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Liquid Penguins posted:

i bought my 3ds in store and the shipping strike means i still have to send it to nintendo

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real hurthling! posted:

Actually the tank was useless and the Arwing would just destroy on foot players.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sire Oblivion posted:

Actually the tank was useless and the Arwing would just destroy on foot players.

you can hide and use terrain to be safe from everything except direct bomb hits. arwing can't lock onto a man

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 9, 2015

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So if I have a bunch of eShop games on my current 3DS and I buy a Nu3DS, I can redownload all of them to the new handheld, right? Is that covered by a system transfer?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Xenomrph posted:

So if I have a bunch of eShop games on my current 3DS and I buy a Nu3DS, I can redownload all of them to the new handheld, right? Is that covered by a system transfer?

Yes that is covered by a system transfer.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real hurthling! posted:

you can hide and use terrain to be safe from everything except direct bomb hits. arwing can't lock onto a man

There was hardly any terrain to hide behind in Corneria and I think the charge shot would negate hiding anyway

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Red Robin Hood posted:

Yes that is covered by a system transfer.
Sweet, thanks!

Also is there any reason why I should get Shovel Knight on 3DS over other platforms? Like, is it in 3D, etc

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Xenomrph posted:

Sweet, thanks!

Also is there any reason why I should get Shovel Knight on 3DS over other platforms? Like, is it in 3D, etc

Nope other then it looks nice in 3d and its portable. It has some sort of streetpass thing that you'll forget about it after 10 seconds and go back to the sweet sweet main game.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It would be cool if Nintendo let Monster Games add a little bit of content to Xenoblade Chronicles 3D like they did with Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

The extra 8 levels in DKCR3D were pretty cool, and unless Retro themselves made them, had a healthy dose of new level gimmicks that weren't in the original. It would be cool to see Monster Games do something with, say, that one beta area from Xenoblade.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

My thumbstick keeps "breaking" but yeah it's entirely due to sweat-thumb. Using a screen wipe as a buffer, or a tissue, or basically any kind of fabric immediately fixes it. I can't wait until there's an accessory I can just slip in the stick that is basically just a bit of fabric between your finger and the stick.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Crawfish posted:

It would be cool if Nintendo let Monster Games add a little bit of content to Xenoblade Chronicles 3D like they did with Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

I dunno, Xenoblade is already a pretty drat content heavy game, especially if you count sidequests. I'd prefer it if they made an optimize button for equipment and/or showed NPCs on the map screen to make questing easier.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turnways posted:

My thumbstick keeps "breaking" but yeah it's entirely due to sweat-thumb. Using a screen wipe as a buffer, or a tissue, or basically any kind of fabric immediately fixes it. I can't wait until there's an accessory I can just slip in the stick that is basically just a bit of fabric between your finger and the stick.

I just put a dot of super glue and touched it up with sand paper for roughage, works fine.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

planetarial posted:

I dunno, Xenoblade is already a pretty drat content heavy game, especially if you count sidequests. I'd prefer it if they made an optimize button for equipment and/or showed NPCs on the map screen to make questing easier.
Sure, that would be cool too, but I still think the Left Shoulder is a nice looking enough place that it would be a shame if they did nothing with it. I mean the whole area is finished maps anyways.

It is a bit large though.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

I just put a dot of super glue and touched it up with sand paper for roughage, works fine.

I don't have a girlfriend to help me with that, but thanks.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Anyone have a source for New 3DS replacement parts? Back plates are on back order on the official shop and I can't find shells or front plates on sale anywhere except for original 3DS's.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

DaveKap posted:

Anyone have a source for New 3DS replacement parts? Back plates are on back order on the official shop and I can't find shells or front plates on sale anywhere except for original 3DS's.

What did you break and more importantly how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Soul Glo posted:

What did you break and more importantly how?
Oh, nothing broke. My friend wants to get artsy on it and I'd rather he do that on parts that are OK to break.