Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

opus111 posted:

ffs why cant our troons look like this instead of alpeh null.

Because western societies look down at starting hormone treatment as a young child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!
My Self Summary
I am queer, ethically non-monogamous, and heteroclitic. Chances are I will get along with you just fine if you're intelligent, nerdy, and fun to have rational conversations with about life, the universe, and everything to do with the (mostly harmless) pale blue dot our species currently calls home.

I'm in a poly marriage and I'm ultimately looking for someone(s) interested in the possibility of a long (or short)-term relationship with me. I've dated people both individually and as a couple and either arrangement is perfectly fine with me -- it just depends on what everyone wants. I prefer to let things develop on their own and adapt when the dynamic changes. I am not interested in NSA sex.

My sexuality is complicated and usually requires several labels to explain it. I identify primarily as a sapioromantic, but the labels panromantic, homoflexibile, and graysexual also can apply. I'm somewhere between 4 and 5 on the Kinsey scale. I'm generally not interested in dating heteronormative people (e.g., straight men), but it really depends on the individual.

I deeply yearn to live in a tribal chosen family of like-minded individuals. I have a strong desire to live with others who also care about self-reliance, homesteading, freedom, co-parenting, homeschooling, science, and reason.

I am kink-friendly.

I am a fervent advocate of an individual's right (especially women) to defend oneself with firearms and am fiercely opposed to civilian disarmament.

I'm a voracious philomath and I strive to become an accomplished polymath.

I strive to be Less Wrong.

I'm a big fan of the Oxford comma.

My favorite ManeSix pony is Fluttershy, followed closely by Pinkie Pie. My favorite background ponies are Vin̈yl Scratch and Derpy.

The 10th Doctor will always be my Doctor.

I'm a browncoat.

I'm a classical liberal, rational egoist, and a fierce individualist (currently leaning toward minarchism).

I'm either an INTP or INTJ on the Myers-Briggs scale, depending on how I answer the questions.
What I’m doing with my life
I am an adamant believer in the use of my mind and body to affect real and tangible changes to the world. It is the responsibility of the active individual agent to create something novel and to shape the world into what one desires, not to passively wait for others to do it or to wait for the right time to act. As such, I have a fierce, youthful passion to create things and no one is going to stop me from pursuing my goals. I don't like authority and I don't like being told something isn't possible.

I am a molecular biologist, software developer, and entrepreneur. I am particularly interested in direct cell reprogramming and tissue engineering. I don't believe others have the right to determine what an individual can do to one's own body -- that includes chemicals, extreme modifications, and self-termination. I think this is going to be an interesting century that may see many paradigm shifts in how we currently think about individual agency and self-ownership.
I’m really good at
Teaching, Learning, Information Retrieval

Biomedical Research, Neurobiology, Genetics, Developmental Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry

Crafting, DIY Projects, MYOG (Make Your Own Gear), Tying Knots, Making stuff with paracord

One of my current fixations is making alcohol stoves and rocket stoves.
The first things people usually notice about me
My hair. I'm a curly girl and an aficionada of henna hair coloring and deep conditioning. I really like it and I'm often told it's my most striking feature.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Thinkers, Writers, Philosophers, and Speakers (in no particular order):
Robert Heinlein, Douglas Adams, Penn Jillette, Bertrand Russell, Ayn Rand, John Locke, Thomas Hobbes, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Friedrich Nietzsche, Carl Sagan, George Carlin, Christopher Hitchens, Dan Dennett, Brian Greene, Stephen Hawking, Lawrence Krauss, Richard Dawkins, Richard Feynman, Sam Harris, Charles Darwin, Suzanne Collins, Anne Rice, Stieg Larsson, David Foster Wallace, V.S. Ramachandran, Bart Ehrman, Nick Gillespie, Bill Nye, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Adam Savage, James Randi, Friedrich Hayek, Paul McKeever, Stefan Molyneux, Patch Adams, Dan Savage, ***Cody Wilson***, ***Patri Friedman***, ***Marcin Jakubowski***

Shows (in no particular order):
Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, The Outer Limits, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Voyager, The Colony, Mythbusters, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Farscape, Lexx, The Pretender, Dexter, Weeds, Bullshit, Breaking Bad, The Shield, Damages, The Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, Survivors, Falling Skies, Revolution, Jeremiah, Roswell, The L Word, Doctor Who, Planet Earth, Fearless Planet, Blue Planet, Human Planet, How The Earth Was Made, The Universe, Survivorman, Scrubs, South Park, Mr. Show, Science Court, Home Movies, Dr. Katz, Mathnet, Ghost in the Shell, Robot Chicken, Celebrity Deathmatch, Whitest Kids U'Know, Portlandia, Drawn Together, Mission Hill, The Simpsons, Futurama, Chapelle Show, Arrested Development, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocalypse, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Top Gear

Films (in no particular order):
The Fountain, Waking Life, Serenity, Idiocracy, Dune/Children of Dune miniseries, Team America: World Police, A Scanner Darkly, 12 Monkeys, The Jacket, Fight Club, Wonderland, Gattaca, The Matrix Trilogy, Flatland, Cube, V For Vendetta, Homeward Bound, Jurassic Park, Shaun of the Dead, Alien, Aliens, A Beautiful Mind, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Blow, The Big Lebowski, Donnie Darko, Requiem for a Dream, Interview with the Vampire, Contact, Sunshine, Memento, Children of Men, The Road, Black Swan, Se7en, Life of Brian, Secretary, If These Walls Could Talk 2, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Marjoe, Jesus Camp, The Virgin Daughters, UHF, The Trials of Henry Kissinger, The Confederate States of America, Voices from the New American Schoolhouse, Runaway Slave, Garbage Warrior, Commune

Games:
Civilization 5, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Syphon Filter, Magic: The Gathering, Fallout: New Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Infamous 1/2, Portal 1/2, Saint's Row 3, Team Fortress 2, Left for Dead 1/2, Borderlands 2, Dance Dance Revolution/In the Groove

Podcasts:
Radiolab, Penn's Sunday School, Joe Rogan Experience, Freedomain Radio, Savage Love, Tested, This American Life

Webcomics:
Oglaf, PHD, xkcd, Cyanide and Happiness, Sexy Losers, SMBC

Current Heroes:
Lisbeth Salander, Howard Roark, Lazarus Long

Music:
Anything with a cool soundscape that I can lose myself in. I care very little about the lyrics. For me, I care more about the general sound and feeling of the music. If it were up to me, I would listen to everything with the vocals garbled like in The Sims (Simlish). These days, I can usually be found streaming electronic music from subgenres including chillout, futurepop, EBM, dubstep/brostep/chillstep, vocal trance, goa, and space. My favorite metal subgenres are melodic death and symphonic gothic metal. I don't listen to nearly as much as I used to, but I still love it. I'm also really fond of epic/symphonic soundtracks.

Selected Musicians (in alphabetical order):
After Forever, Agalloch, Air, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Angels and Airwaves, Aphex Twin, Apocalyptica, Arch Enemy, Ark, Armin van Buuren, Arsis, Assemblage 23, At the Gates, Avicii, Ayreon, Bear McCreary, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Children of Bodom, Cruachan, Daft Punk, The Dandy Warhols, Dark Tranquillity, Decapitated, Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Devin Townsend, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Edenbridge, Emperor, Enya, Epica, Epic Rap Battles of History, Evergrey, Explosions in the Sky, Fear Factory, Finntroll, Flowing Tears, The Gathering, Green Carnation, Gregorian, Groove Coverage, HIM, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Incubus, Infected Mushroom, In Flames, Insomnium, Into Eternity, Iron Maiden, Jonathan Coulton, Juno Reactor, Kamelot, Kettel, KMFDM, Lacuna Coil, Lady Gaga, Leave's Eyes, Led Zeppelin, Light This City, Mary Timony, Mostly Autumn,Muse, Nevermore, Nightwish, Nile, Opeth, Pantera, Phish, Pink Floyd, The Postal Service, Queens of the Stone Age, Rotersand, Scar Symmetry, Secede, Soilwork, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Sunlounger, Super Furry Animals, Super Ponybeat, Swallow the Sun, Symphony of Science, Symphony X, Tegan and Sara, Tool, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Tristania, Two Steps From Hell, Type O Negative, VNV Nation, Weird Al

Quotes:
"We are stardust -- in the highest exalted way; called by the universe, reaching out to the universe."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded...you are all stardust."
-Lawrence Krauss

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
-Carl Sagan

"To rationalize is to tell rational lies."
-Anonymous

"The more you love, the more you can love — and the more intensely you love. Nor is there any limit on how many you can love. If a person had time enough, he could love all of that majority who are decent and just."
-Lazarus Long

"A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity."
-Lazarus Long

"One cannot give up the world to those one despises."
-Frank O'Connor

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
-Lazarus Long

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
-Bernardo de la Paz

"An armed society is a polite society."
-Robert Heinlein

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion."
-Steven Weinberg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint -- it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Tenth Doctor

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours."
- John Galt

"Man cannot survive except through the use of his mind. He comes on earth unarmed. His brain is his only weapon. Animals obtain food by force. Man has no claws, no fangs, no horns, no great strength of muscle. He must plant his food or hunt it. To plant, he needs a process of thought. To hunt, he needs weapons, and to make weapons--a process of thought. From this simplest necessity to the highest religious abstraction, from the wheel to the skyscraper, everything we are and everything we have comes from a single attribute of man--the function of his reasoning mind. But the mind is an attribute of the individual. There is no such thing as a collective brain. There is no such thing as a collective thought. An agreement reached by a group of men is only a compromise or an average drawn upon many individual thoughts. It is a secondary consequence. The primary act--the process of reason--must be performed by each man alone. We can divide a meal among many men. We cannot digest it in a collective stomach. No man can use his lungs to breathe for another man. No man can use his brain to think for another. All the functions of body and spirit are private. They cannot be shared or transferred."
-Howard Roark

"What’s the worst possible thing you can call a woman? Don’t hold back, now. You’re probably thinking of words like slut, whore, bitch, oval office (I told you not to hold back!), skank.

Okay, now, what are the worst things you can call a guy? Fag, girl, bitch, pussy.

Notice anything? The worst thing you can call a girl is a girl. The worst thing you can call a guy is a girl. Being a woman is the ultimate insult. Now tell me that’s not royally hosed up.”
-Jessica Valenti
The six things I could never do without
1. A reasoning mind
2. The freedom and tools to protect my life, liberty, and property
3. My mental faculties and the ability to communicate with others
4. People who love and understand me
5. Skepticism
6. Financial independence

**And, of course, one must always know where one's towel is!**
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Methodological Naturalism, Self-Actualization, Entrepreneurship, Übermensch, Epistemology, Ethics & Morality, Individualism, Firearms, Same-Sex Marriage, Parenting, The Non-Aggression Principle, Social Contracts, Monopoly on Violence, Anti-Nationalism, Classical Liberalism, Decentralization, American Enlightenment, Revolutionary War, Civil War, Reconstruction, Austrian School Economics, Alternative Schooling Models, Unschooling, Bicycle Touring, Burning Man, Emergency Preparedness, Defensible Structures, Security and Surveillance, Transhumanism, Intersectionality, The Kardashev Scale, Moore's Law, Godwin's Law, Bechdel Test, Sapiosexuality, Polyamory, Polyfidelity, Relationship Anarchy, Non-Violent Communication, Tribal Living, Intentional Communities, Skydiving, Paragliding, Bushcrafting, Permaculture, Aquaponics, Sustainable Off-the-Grid Living, Earthships, Monolithic Domes, City/Town Planning, Civil Engineering, Sustainable Engineering, Seasteading, Homesteading, Self-Reliance, Financial Investing, Financial Security, Living Below One's Means, Family Wealth, A World Without Religion, Life Without Humans, The Universe, Developmental Biology, Regenerative Medicine, Neurobiology, Tissue Engineering, Epigenomics, Nuclear Reprogramming, Death With Dignity
On a typical Friday night I am
I'm probably spending time with people who are important to me.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I recently learned that I have no dialogical self and am unable to have an internal dialogue with an imagined participant. I thought everyone except schizophrenics was like that, but apparently it is normal to hear voices in one's head -- that is such a strange concept to me.

I'm an Aspie.

I'm sarcasm-detection-impaired. I can be sarcastic, but it's really difficult for me to sense when others are being sarcastic. A verbal phrase usually needs to be dripping with sarcasm for me to detect it as sarcasm and not as a literal statement.

I think I might have some degree of Prosopagnosia.

I often wish that I were a Synesthete.

I'm a card-carrying NRA member.

I'm an ordained minister and a Pastafarian.
I’m looking for
Guys and girls who like bi girls
Ages 18–50
Located anywhere
For long-term dating, short-term dating, long-distance penpals
You should message me if
If I sound like a person you find intriguing and you're not afraid to message me.

If you are weird and proud of it. Normality is painfully boring.

If you are LGBT/queer (or an ally), polyamorous, an atheist/agnostic/non-deist/naturalist, an iconoclast, and you strive to live your life using your reasoning mind.

There are people in this world who would very much like to kill me for being who I am. I will not be a statistic. I will not be a helpless victim. As such, it is mandatory that you are into firearms, or at the very least, fully support the right of an individual to protect one's life, liberty, and property at all times -- and one's right to defend oneself with justifiable use of force. If you are hoplophobic and in favor of disarming law-abiding citizens, DO NOT message me.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Big gal?

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!
kind of tubby and a lazy eye.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

She sounds delightful

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Slam whale holy grail

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
get REAL BEEFY, bitch

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

I'm an Aspie.

all you need to know

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Hellequin posted:

My Self Summary
heteroclitic

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Hellequin posted:

kind of tubby and a lazy eye.

Gun nut and a lazy eye? Sounds like a dangerous combo...

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ive alwAys wondered if the profoundly cockeyed see two different things, like a lizard

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i talked to a girl a while back who was into hiking and nature at what seemed like a moderate and cool level

saw a new profile today where she and a dude have names like moon wolf now and they're building a new society in the woods and asking people with loving or gardening skills to come help them gently caress each other in a large polyamorous new world they're building

there's only one guarantee

it will suck

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

id wager theres a few more guarantees than it sucking

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

reeling in a slamwhale fellas

wish me luck

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

extra stout posted:

i talked to a girl a while back who was into hiking and nature at what seemed like a moderate and cool level

saw a new profile today where she and a dude have names like moon wolf now and they're building a new society in the woods and asking people with loving or gardening skills to come help them gently caress each other in a large polyamorous new world they're building

there's only one guarantee

it will suck

i have loving skills

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fonzarelli posted:

reeling in a slamwhale fellas

wish me luck

Chase that white whale on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till she spouts black blood and rolls fin out!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

LeoMarr posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Hmmm gently caress you :)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LeoMarr posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Uh idgi?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Ok so disableds have to have companionship and stuff like regular folk - that much I get

what I DON'T get is who is she actually expecting to reply to her profile?

Other disableds ? weird fuckers who are into disabled people?

crazy world we live in

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

unless that woman was real fussy about the romeo and juliet question i don't think that's good post.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

LeoMarr posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Rude.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

LeoMarr posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Wet
It
Up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LeoMarr posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Good for her to be honest. It can't be easy putting yourself out there on a dating site, while having a disability. Society looks down on anyone with a physical or mental disability, it's normal to hate people for physical limitations outside of their control.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
make fun of ppl that do poo poo to themselves imo

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

make fun of ppl that do poo poo to themselves imo

Yes, like fatties and poly people

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009
Oh great, now some goon is going to track her down and eventually rear end gently caress her while she sleeps. Till she's incontinent.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Aside from the fact that we have almost nothing in common, would.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

LeoMarr posted:

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Say what you will, but I'll say one thing.
If that's a picture she was willing to put up in an attempt to look attractive, I think I might have finally found someone less photogenic than myself.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

FoolyCharged posted:

If that's a picture she was willing to put up in an attempt to look attractive, I think I might have finally found someone less photogenic than myself.

i mean...she has some sorta physical disability obviously. Good on you I guess :confused:.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm willing to bet she's way more attractive than you

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

what about post histories, though.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
personally I wonder if disabled people get their carer's to wank em off to pictures of other disableds? or do they like norms?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i knew an autistic dude in college who is now dating a chubby but normal chick. i'm surprised he learned to get along with people after kicking my roommate's gamecube down the stairs.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Crashbee posted:

I'm willing to bet she's way more attractive than you

Probably, but that doesn't change the fact that that's not a flattering picture. She looks like she's getting eaten by a yarn ball.

BKPR posted:

what about post histories, though.

Oh, she's definitely got me beat there.

naem
May 29, 2011

I like to think genderblobs reproduce by splitting in half like an ameba

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I'd like to think that they don't at all

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Just went through a girl's profile and it was pretty perfect up until listing My Little Pony as a favorite TV show unironically. gently caress this gay website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I'm sure that plenty of people simply enjoy watching it and aren't in fact the goon brony boogyman youve constructed in your head.

• Locked thread