Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Ehud posted:

I love this attitude from Lions fans/writers that somehow Suh is leaving a contender for a bad team.

lol you're the lions and you're going to try and big league the Phins about Super Bowl appearances?

To be fair, the Lions were a missed FG away from a 1st round bye. That being said, this is 2015, free agency is a thing. It's not some morally repugnant event or personal insult if a person takes a new job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Safe Word posted:

PFT calls out Stephen A and is right about it

Stephen A should stick to being bad at basketball reporting instead of doing bizarre cherry-picking bullshit fishing for race issues in the NFL.

Much as we all love to joke about the Eagles and Packers being white supremacists, I thought we at least were all being tongue in cheek; only their fans are actually racist.

And Bill Belichick.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BigBoss posted:

To be fair, the Lions were a missed FG away from a 1st round bye. That being said, this is 2015, free agency is a thing. It's not some morally repugnant event or personal insult if a person takes a new job.

To be fair, if you're going to make an argument in favor of the Lions, the last thing you do is bring up Super Bowl-era success.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

No Safe Word posted:

PFT calls out Stephen A and is right about it

Stephen A should stick to being bad at basketball reporting instead of doing bizarre cherry-picking bullshit fishing for race issues in the NFL.

Well I mean you don't have to fish for race issues in the NFL. Which makes that kind of bizarre.

Hell you don't even have to fish for that particular team.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
It is amazing how easily people are willing to throw an accusation of racism at people based on nothing. People think nothing of accusing others of being racist like it is not a serious accusation. Really, Stephen A Smith just accused Chip Kelly of being a racist (without straight up saying it) in front of the entire county. That is not a joke. That is a serious accusation. It never gets treated like it though.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Why would anyone take anything Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless say seriously. Really. Their show is literally "Pick two extreme sides of a topic and argue", I doubt they even believe half of what they say. They are paid to stir poo poo up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People are accused of a being a lot of things without repercussions all the time I don't know why racist is special.

Jackson was called a literal gang member (which is much worse an accusation) and nothing happened from that.

Cowherd also strongly implied a dude deserved to get shot because of his rough upbringing (which turned out to not even be the case) and the dude never even had to say sorry.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 9, 2015

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ribsauce posted:

It is amazing how easily people are willing to throw an accusation of racism at people based on nothing. People think nothing of accusing others of being racist like it is not a serious accusation. Really, Stephen A Smith just accused Chip Kelly of being a racist (without straight up saying it) in front of the entire county. That is not a joke. That is a serious accusation. It never gets treated like it though.

It's so crazy man

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Why would anyone take anything Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless say seriously. Really. Their show is literally "Pick two extreme sides of a topic and argue", I doubt they even believe half of what they say. They are paid to stir poo poo up.

You literally just described American politics, so I don't know why you wouldn't expect the hallowed halls of ESPN to be any different.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Cowherd also strongly implied a dude deserved to get shot because of his rough upbringing (which turned out to not even be the case) and the dude never even had to say sorry.

Oh yea that is even worse. There was an actual victim and everything. Too bad that happened before twitter and stuff, if Cowherd did the same thing now ESPN would have been forced to do something because twitter would have imploded

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Ribsauce posted:

People do it with rape all the time, and that also ruins lives. There have been several rape accusations that were never proven, but idiot sports fans still sling them around as a way to insult teams/players.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

BigBoss posted:

People do it with rape all the time, and that also ruins lives. There have been several rape accusations that were never proven, but idiot sports fans still sling them around as a way to insult teams/players.
heh... heheh... ahahahh

*pretends to cough* Ahem sorry

ppfffttahhahhahAHAHAHAHAh

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

BigBoss posted:

hahahahahahah

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Who are these people whose lives have been ruined?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Forums user "football fuckerman" I'll have you know that rape accusations have ruined many lives

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
you have insulted my team/players....and thusly ruined lives

you monster

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I see some posters here are throwing around accusations that I have ruined lives without a shred of proof.

This has done irreversible damage to me and my life. So I hope you are happy.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I just want to say that I agree 100% that Chip Kelly is a racist.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BigBoss posted:

:dogbutton:

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I also want to state that being accused is not the same as being convicted. I read this really good reddit about fal;kjlsadf;jklasdf;lkj sdfksadf

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

You're getting some good mileage out of your new most favoritist emote.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Let chiche be chiche. Didn't the Seahawks losing the Super Bowl hilariously earn him any slack?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I mean gently caress it was the last straw that got wheez to lose his goddamn mind

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
at least wheez held out for his team losing the super bowl, you weakling

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Daddy wants a winner

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

sweet thursday posted:

Let chiche be chiche. Didn't the Seahawks losing the Super Bowl hilariously earn him any slack?

I got nothing but love for chiche :a2m:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BigBoss posted:

Oh noooo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

These loose women. What they're doing is, they're raping the reputations of our favorite teams and athletes

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
*me and the rest of the irony guys' eyebrows shoot up and we look at each other like did we ever really know irony at all*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

You're getting some good mileage out of your new most favoritist emote.

I haven't used it since the first time I used it (I think). Intruder was the most recent new convert.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
is it too late to laugh at BigBoss

I wanna laugh at BigBoss

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

is it too late to laugh at BigBoss

I wanna laugh at BigBoss

Nah dude, there's still plenty of time to delegitimize a serious problem via wild speculation in an attempt to curry favor or interest on the internet. After all, Stephen A. Smith still has a job.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

how is it a serious problem.

name some tangible effects.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bigboss can't live within 1500 feet of schools now.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlestheHammer posted:

Dude, sexual assault is a serious problem. If you don't get it, nothing I can say will change your mind. So is racism, child abuse, animal abuse, murder, etc. They're very bad things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That doesn't have much to do with what we are talking about but okay.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
who the gently caress is this guy and why are his posts so terrible

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We've reached the end of the final level of garbage posting and now we must defeat the BigBoss

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This looks like a job for Solid Sanke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Let's talk about Peter King and how bad he is.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/575387711349133314

Peter King posted:

Moral of the story: No one holds Ozzie Newsome over a barrel.

Always support labor over capital, Pete, you shield defending chump.

• Locked thread