Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

my 3ds installed a nintendo anime channel by itself which has kids stuff like pokemon so maybe download that

Wasn't a recent season of Pokémon available at one point on the Video app thing?

e: Woo, 100 pages of sucking a dick! :dance:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody remember that really really awful show that nintendo promoted during one of its e3 presentations, it was called "vidiots" or something like that?

I cant find anything about it online, which is probably good cause it showed up sometimes on nintendo video and it wasn't good at all, it was just really bad and pathetic lol

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Sony, MS, and Nintendo all got on the peer pressure hype train to make exclusive crap shows for their platforms. Nintendo won by spending like 10 bucks on its horrid crap, but the grand prize winner is Ouya because they had no money to spend.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
On one hand, nintendo video showed us dinosaur office

On the other hand, it gave us whatever the hell thing I can't find any info about that was just terrible awful poo poo about a mug that started a cult and terrible green screen and terrible effects and terrible acting and terrible writing and terrible humor

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also thanks to nintendo video I saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edyE2NVRB1c

lmao that's bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Take your glasses off
I need them, for seeing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you were a true nintendo fan you would get contacts

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Davincie posted:

my 3ds installed a nintendo anime channel by itself which has kids stuff like pokemon so maybe download that

Errr, he said during trips - so unless they have a wireless hotspot on their mobile phones, they're poo poo out of luck.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Fremry posted:

Yeah, I did that. the little notch is lined up at the top, the bottom is fine, but the areas around the screws bulge. I can push it in and feel it flex back. I've tried different amounts of tension on the screws too. It feels like it just isn't the same after I put it on as it was before I took it off.

Gotta be doing something wrong. Make absolutely sure you have everything else snapped into place around it and then try turning the screws like you're loosening it and make sure it makes that little *tick, tick tick* noise. Then tighten it.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Awesome! posted:

if you were a true nintendo fan you would get contacts

Never thought of that, considering contacts now so I can hun mons

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You could just not use the 3d

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Saagonsa posted:

It's called a three DS

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

homeless snail posted:

I need them, for seeing.

Even with the bottom screen and hinge gap the full field's something like 400x576eq with a 7" diagonal. You may not need the glasses to see that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah but that would be stupid.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I got that cheap plastic grip that has been mentioned a few times. So far I don't like it much. It feels cheap and though it is secure, I feel like the 3ds is going to fall out. I'll use it a bit more and update later.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

try super gluing it on there

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Errr, he said during trips - so unless they have a wireless hotspot on their mobile phones, they're poo poo out of luck.

i kinda assumed it would allow you to download them ahead of time, i never actually tried owing to a lack of interest

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Fremry posted:

Yeah, I did that. the little notch is lined up at the top, the bottom is fine, but the areas around the screws bulge. I can push it in and feel it flex back. I've tried different amounts of tension on the screws too. It feels like it just isn't the same after I put it on as it was before I took it off.

Mine noticeably clicked (snapped might actually be a more correct word) into place in all four corners when I put it back on. Maybe one of your latches isn't set right?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The 3D prediction also wigs out when I'm wearing my contacts BUT I have my OR mask on, so it would seem its algorithm uses more than just your eyes and uses your chin and/or nose to help with the prediction.

So clearly the solution is to wear your glasses, but then construct a prosthetic that replicates the contours of a nose and cheekbones, which you clip to your glasses frame and fool the Nu3DS into thinking it's a face. Clearly the next peripheral Nintendo is gonna put out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Even with the bottom screen and hinge gap the full field's something like 400x576eq with a 7" diagonal. You may not need the glasses to see that.

I dunno about the other guy, but there are people like me who are outright almost completely blind without glasses. It's a rough life, maybe? :shrug:

3D isn't that interesting, thankfully.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Nintendo Store finally selling New 3DS XL charging cradles at $9: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550076

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Awesome! posted:

try super gluing it on there

I would but then I wouldn't be able to get at the cartridge port. Which is my first real complaint, you have to remove the grip to put in a cart. Um...good job there, guys.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Nintendo Store finally selling New 3DS XL charging cradles at $9: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550076

Oh god why do I want one?!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

A Big... Dog posted:

Never thought of that, considering contacts now so I can hun mons

Don't get contacts to play video games, get contacts because they feel a lot nicer than glasses and let you have clear peripheral vision.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

There are tons of people who can't see for poo poo without corrective lenses of some kind. Things get blurry for me when they're about a foot away from my face and I'm not wearing glasses/contacts, I think.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Red Robin Hood posted:

Oh god why do I want one?!

Because instead of having to reach for a cable, rotate your 3DS XL around to see what you're doing, and plug in the cable every single day (or multiple times a day) you can just dump it in this here cradle and have a few years worth of that convenience for about $15. Also because it's probably going to be sold out by the end of the day.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

enojy posted:

Because instead of having to reach for a cable, rotate your 3DS XL around to see what you're doing, and plug in the cable every single day (or multiple times a day) you can just dump it in this here cradle and have a few years worth of that convenience for about $15. Also because it's probably going to be sold out by the end of the day.

But I bought this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...H7WQU7SXHF7PNI4

Does anyone know if the old XL fit in the old cradle with the old case on it?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheHouseofM posted:

Can you load movies onto the SD card? My kids have a 2DS and I want to load some kid cartoons so they can have something to watch on trips.

Caveat: I'm testing with my nu3DS. I downloaded this video converter and dropped an mp4 into it. It split it into ten minute clips and I copied those over into the DCIM/10xNIN0x folder on my microSD card. (Wherever pictures and video are being saved from the camera.) With the system back on, went into the camera, and hit view photos. Scrolled all the way to 1/1 1900, and the video clips appear there. Hit A to get one started, and hit Edit so you get a progress bar and play/pause control. Maybe not ideal, but it should work.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Waltzing Along posted:

you have to remove the grip to put in a cart.
lol

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
This seems like a good price: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod460108

So I grabbed it when I grabbed the cradle.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

homeless snail posted:

I need them, for seeing.

Grow some rockin' eyebrows.

It's what I did, and I have no problems with the 3D while wearing glasses.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So my current list of games is:

Super Mario 3D Land
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Monster Hunter 4U
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: ALBW
Mario Kart 7
StarFox 64 3D
Shovel Knight
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Resident Evil: Revelations
Fire Emblem: Awakening

What other good games are there on this system? I wanted to grab a few more and get New Super Mario Bros 2 for free off the Club Nintendo shop, but I'm about 100 points short. For reference: I hate JRPGs, for the most part, and I don't like Pokemon nor would I ever play a Pokemon game (I was in high school when Pokemon came out). Any other good suggestions? I had considered the Castlevania game since it looked like a cool 2D one, but the reviews indicate it is not awesome like the the GBA and DS ones. I also heard Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is good, but I dunno if I'd give a poo poo about the story, and that's the main draw for me with Fire Emblem style tactical games. I already know I probably will never play Yoshi's New Island, and even though I like Phoenix Wright, I can already tell I probably on't care for any of the Professor Layton games. So what are we left with, here? Steel Diver? Mario Tennis (is that even good?)

I've heard Luigi's Mansion is good, but I never played the older games and I'm one of those weirdos that hates skipping games in a series... to the point where I borrowed a friend's N64 and bought a cart on eBay for WAY too much money all things considered, just to play Paper Mario 1 before Paper Mario 2 on Gamecube.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

enojy posted:

Sooner than that apparently. Errors when you try to check out. Anywhere else I can get one?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Fuzz posted:

Fantasy Life

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Fuzz posted:

ghost recon is good and you will like it. im playing devil survivor right now and thats like half srpg half jrpg, so you might like or might hate that. if you like the phoenix wright series you also might like 999 and virtues last reward. don't bother with wright vs layton if you hate layton, i hate him and it was a slog

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fuzz posted:

What other good games are there on this system? I wanted to grab a few more and get New Super Mario Bros 2 for free off the Club Nintendo shop, but I'm about 100 points short. For reference: I hate JRPGs, for the most part, and I don't like Pokemon nor would I ever play a Pokemon game (I was in high school when Pokemon came out). Any other good suggestions? I had considered the Castlevania game since it looked like a cool 2D one, but the reviews indicate it is not awesome like the the GBA and DS ones. I also heard Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is good, but I dunno if I'd give a poo poo about the story, and that's the main draw for me with Fire Emblem style tactical games. I already know I probably will never play Yoshi's New Island, and even though I like Phoenix Wright, I can already tell I probably on't care for any of the Professor Layton games. So what are we left with, here? Steel Diver? Mario Tennis (is that even good?)

I've heard Luigi's Mansion is good, but I never played the older games and I'm one of those weirdos that hates skipping games in a series... to the point where I borrowed a friend's N64 and bought a cart on eBay for WAY too much money all things considered, just to play Paper Mario 1 before Paper Mario 2 on Gamecube.
Mario Tennis kinda blows, there is very little single player content and multiplayer is hosed, but Mario Golf is amazing. I wouldn't worry about playing Luigi's Mansion 2 either, its not dramatically better or very different from 1 so its not like 2 is gonna spoil you when you do go back and play the original.

Check out Yumi's Odd Odyssey, its a platformer with really challenging and technical movement physics if you're into that kind of thing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

But I bought this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...H7WQU7SXHF7PNI4

Does anyone know if the old XL fit in the old cradle with the old case on it?

It did not, no. The case made it significantly thicker so the pins would not be touching the contact points.

Source: Me when I had my old XL, Duraflexi cover and 3 cradles I got through Club Nintendo.

It wasn't all that terrible though, TPU is a soft material so I didn't have much problem taking it off when I needed to charge it. If it was polycarbonate then I'd be concerned.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sorry for double post buttttttt....

Replacement back covers for the XL are also available including the Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 systems: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550080

Edit: Replaced Canadian link with US link. You can change region in the top right corner.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 10, 2015

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

noirstronaut posted:

What a horrible opinion

He is half right at least: it takes WAY too loving long for the enemy to move. You can't see them! Just have them move faster! gently caress.

I'm probably not gonna get it unless it goes on Super Sale (Atlus-type Super Sale) because of it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sorry for double post buttttttt....

Replacement back covers for the XL are also available including the Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 systems: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...oryId=cat550119

Edit: Seems like in Canada only at the moment...

Wait just like...the bottom of the 3DS? Are the upper halves available somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Wait just like...the bottom of the 3DS? Are the upper halves available somewhere?

The battery cover as the pictures suggest in the links.