Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

GraPar posted:

Hey, this rich guy is pretty funny. And has good taste in guests.
"By the way, we should stress, you are not a person doing a character"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Sean and Hayes really killed it on that ad

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

"Oui Man"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Congrats to the British dude for being approximately 1000 times better than the last dude who paid to get on the show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Definitely a grepisode, been waiting so long to hear Andy Daly and PFT on the same ep.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Can't wait for Name French Actors to be the new Riddle Me This

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I hope Sean and Hayes are permanent ad guys on CBB. Scott wants to help them get an audience so bad.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I'm hoping that was a sign they're going to be on a future CBB episode.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

cams posted:

I hope Sean and Hayes are permanent ad guys on CBB. Scott wants to help them get an audience so bad.

Maybe they should do a better podcast then

Like Reality Show Show

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Check out the pictures for the show. In particular Lapkus has an iPhone case that simply reads, "I AM VERY BUSY"

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I like how August Lindt keeps creeping in at the edges of Jean Claude Pepi

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The jokes at the end about how ghoulish it would be to listen to the last recording someone made before they died makes me think this was recorded... hm, I dunno... probably more than 3 weeks ago? Just a guess.

Great episode, the rich lawyer man did a great job.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I was almost gonna skip this when I saw it had a person who had "paid" to be a guest, but he did a pretty good job. The last one was such a disaster, especially when he was trying to take Scott's usual angle during Foam Corner even though he had never met Harris before and didn't know how to critique it in a funny way.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I don't even remember that previous guy, what episode was that? Also what did he pay for?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Which episode was the other donor guest on? I know I listened to it at the time, but I honestly can't remember much of it (possibly I stopped listening partway through, mind you).

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It was #111 and he won an auction at their food-bank Christmas drive. Solid guest choices but he really wanted to do antagonistic humour with people he'd never met.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

cams posted:

The whole episode was great the and ads with Sean and Hayes really solidify it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

kdrudy posted:

I like how August Lindt keeps creeping in at the edges of Jean Claude Pepi

Santa was straight-up Thicke.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

feedmyleg posted:

Santa was straight-up Thicke.

Wait, Alan Thicke isn't Santa Claus? :v:

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I love that it took him playing Santa for PFT to finally do a foul-mouthed rear end in a top hat character.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I definitely thought this was going to be one of the worst episodes but after consideration it's one of my more favorite ones now.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Tavarin posted:

Wait, Alan Thicke isn't Santa Claus? :v:

Depends, are you Robin Thicke?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The guest donor from 2011 directed this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1999995/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_4

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
I loved Scott trying to insert "my wife" and the rich lawyer dude saying hey just because I'm a fan doesn't mean you have to do all the hits. So loving funny.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
This episode makes me want to see a Christmas episode With Special Guest Lauren Lapkis where PFT as Santa doing a podcast and Laura is of course Ho-ho (ho ho!).

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This episode was just like Mike and Omar taking out the trash. Admirable restraint by the guest.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

loool

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
yeah that is really crazy

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Dear Sergio posted:

I loved Scott trying to insert "my wife" and the rich lawyer dude saying hey just because I'm a fan doesn't mean you have to do all the hits. So loving funny.

This, and PFT trying his damndest to get Scott to say "Morch" were the absolute pre-HoHo highlights for me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Straight-up Grepisode. It's not all that surprising, but I'm glad to see that the kind of guy who would/could pay $A GRIP$ to be on the show would pick Peft, Daly and Lapkus as his dream lineup. Plus Hayes and Sean sitting in during the ads! Literally couldn't have been a better episode.

GraPar posted:

I love that it took him playing Santa for PFT to finally do a foul-mouthed rear end in a top hat character.

By the time he hit "Well, well, well...look at THIS candy-rear end motherfucker!" Foul-Mouthed Santa had firmly placed himself into the upper echelon of PFT characs.

binwin711 posted:

Never thought I'd hear a British lawyer drop a Jay Z line

That was when I fully embraced the guy as a guest. And it seemingly flew right over everyone in the room!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ugh

Whenever I go back and listen to episodes, I will never do this one because this guy was the loving worst. Which is a shame because he ruined a Harris Wittels episode. What a piece of garbage.

EDIT: I think Andy Daly (he was barely even in character by this point) being so impressed that Scott had Tears for Fears on the CBB TV show was one of my favorites.

cams fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 10, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ouiman.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
So were the birthday boys just hanging around for a picture? Best episode of 2015!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I love how funny FT finds Lauren Lapkus.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Back To 99 posted:

So were the birthday boys just hanging around for a picture? Best episode of 2015!

If you reference them, they will come.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I feel like there's a lot of people I may have picked if I were this guy, but would almost feel forced to pick these three.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would've picked Sean and Hayes but also Jon Hamm so lots of people would actually listen to it (and I'd get to meet Jon Hamm)

Then Hollywood Handbook is saved and takes its deserved spot as #1 podcast on Earwolf

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I guess that's a pretty decent alt lineup. Some others I thought of

"The Wild Bunch"
Adomian, Gelman, and Brendon Small (as Victor and Tiny)

"The Whiney Bunch"
Marc Maron, Besser, and Todd Glass

"The Funny Joke"
Chelsea Peretti, and Adam Scott

Obviously in the last one you butt in a bunch and try to act like Harris until one of them physically hits you, or just leaves the room.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Tom Leykis and Don Dimello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Groucho Marxist posted:

Tom Leykis and Don Dimello

That would be a good pairing. They'd need someone else to play off of though.

E: It'd turn out that Tom was a love child of Don.