Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Wait just like...the bottom of the 3DS? Are the upper halves available somewhere?

You can't remove the top, so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Saagonsa posted:

Well, at least 1/4ths of a Majora's Mask 3DS is better than 0/4ths.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Just for fun I ordered a red to mix with my black system. Might as well get some customization. :negative:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Just for fun I ordered a red to mix with my black system. Might as well get some customization. :negative:

Actually, thinking about it, mixing and matching the colors might make a pretty neat looking 3DS. As long as you don't go full technicolor with your 3DS plates.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Theta Zero posted:

Well, at least 1/4ths of a Majora's Mask 3DS is better than 0/4ths.
My friend has the MM one and it's literally just the front and back plate on a black system. Having the battery cover is actually 1/2 the system. I have no idea why they aren't just selling face plates and loving over all the scalpers.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fuzz posted:

So my current list of games is:

Pushmo?

Also if you ever liked any 16 bit Sega games, go get some of the Sega 3D Classics. I just picked up Sonic and SOR and they're both great, cant wait for Outrun to come out this week!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DaveKap posted:

My friend has the MM one and it's literally just the front and back plate on a black system. Having the battery cover is actually 1/2 the system. I have no idea why they aren't just selling face plates and loving over all the scalpers.

It's a shame too, because the ALBTW XL was gold inside and out.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fuzz posted:

So my current list of games is:

Super Mario 3D Land
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Monster Hunter 4U
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: ALBW
Mario Kart 7
StarFox 64 3D
Shovel Knight
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Resident Evil: Revelations
Fire Emblem: Awakening

kirby
dkcr

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Saagonsa posted:

It's actually pretty easy to replace the top. Thinking about it, I am now actually surprised nobody's thought to grab a cheap 3d printer from a dying Radio Shack and print up (with decals and primer and whatever) replicas to sell off.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DaveKap posted:

It's actually pretty easy to replace the top. Thinking about it, I am now actually surprised nobody's thought to grab a cheap 3d printer from a dying Radio Shack and print up (with decals and primer and whatever) replicas to sell off.

People are doing this now with the regular New 3DS. The XL, however is a different story.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Has anyone ordered directly from Nintendo's site? Who do they use to ship and how long did it take? I just ordered the dock.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Has anyone ordered directly from Nintendo's site? Who do they use to ship and how long did it take? I just ordered the dock.

UPS normally though Club Nintendo is shipped with USPS. Takes a day or two either way for me living in Southern California. They ship from Washington state.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

There's something specifically about boss fights in Gunvolt that makes me hold my n3ds in such a way my pinky is constantly hitting the power button and shutting it off. I don't turn it off playing any other game, but I've done it like a half dozen times now just on that game, and only on boss fights.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Xseed is teasing something. My early guess is Senran Kagura 2 since the PS4 game isn't out yet in Japan.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/575090579056517120

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Put a white skin on the top congrats you have a pokeball

Now sell it for $500

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Traded in my 3DS XL at Gamestop, with my Gamestop rewards whatever I ended up getting the Nu3DS for about $110 after tax.

The downside here is I couldn't really do a system transfer since I couldn't take the New 3DS home without giving them my old one.

I've logged into the eShop with my account and stuff, can I re-download all the games I'd bought or am I hosed? I don't care about save game data and poo poo (and besides I still have the SD card from the old 3DS, I could transfer the data from that to the microSD card if I want to, right?)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Traded in my 3DS XL at Gamestop, with my Gamestop rewards whatever I ended up getting the Nu3DS for about $110 after tax.

The downside here is I couldn't really do a system transfer since I couldn't take the New 3DS home without giving them my old one.

I've logged into the eShop with my account and stuff, can I re-download all the games I'd bought or am I hosed? I don't care about save game data and poo poo (and besides I still have the SD card from the old 3DS, I could transfer the data from that to the microSD card if I want to, right?)

You hosed up. Call Nintendo.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You hosed up. Call Nintendo.
God damnit.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Xenomrph posted:

Why didn't you just do the transfer in-store? GameStop has always been super cool about letting my friend do that when he upgraded.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Xenomrph posted:

God damnit.

Dude, multiple people told you that's how it worked before when you were asking about it a few pages back. You had said you would just grab the new one, transfer, and then sell the old one. You were warned! :smugbert:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Red Robin Hood posted:

Why didn't you just do the transfer in-store? GameStop has always been super cool about letting my friend do that when he upgraded.
Tried that, the manager was a douche and was unwilling to do that.

Fuzz posted:

Dude, multiple people told you that's how it worked before when you were asking about it a few pages back. You had said you would just grab the new one, transfer, and then sell the old one. You were warned! :smugbert:
Yeah but I didn't expect to get such a good trade-in deal with Gamestop. I was planning on buying a New 3DS from, like, walmart, do a system transfer, and then sell the old one on ebay. Gamestop eliminated all the hassle of re-selling the system for a good price (but created the hassle of not doing a system transfer).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Your New Balance

Looks like I will be just over 1400 by the time club nintendo ends. Should be able to get 3 games + Kid Icarus. Not bad.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah but I didn't expect to get such a good trade-in deal with Gamestop. I was planning on buying a New 3DS from, like, walmart, do a system transfer, and then sell the old one on ebay. Gamestop eliminated all the hassle of re-selling the system for a good price (but created the hassle of not doing a system transfer).

You could have paid full price for the new 3ds, taken it home, done the transfer, returned it, then repurchased the same one from GameStop, this time using your old one as trade-in. It's what people were doing when they offered $100/$75 for old models for the first few days the new one was available

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

goferchan posted:

You could have paid full price for the new 3ds, taken it home, done the transfer, returned it, then repurchased the same one from GameStop, this time using your old one as trade-in. It's what people were doing when they offered $100/$75 for old models for the first few days the new one was available

Or tell that GS to go gently caress itself. Its GS go to another or just call ahead.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

goferchan posted:

Goddamn I didn't even think of that.

You'd better believe I feel like a huge idiot right now. I'll call Nintendo in the morning, it's after hours right now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Xenomrph posted:

Goddamn I didn't even think of that.

You'd better believe I feel like a huge idiot right now. I'll call Nintendo in the morning, it's after hours right now.

Did the gamestop already wipe your old one? You could talk to them and get poo poo straight that way.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Waltzing Along posted:

Did the gamestop already wipe your old one? You could talk to them and get poo poo straight that way.
They're closed by now so I really can't say. I guess I could call them in the morning?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Xenomrph posted:

They're closed by now so I really can't say. I guess I could call them in the morning?

I guess you could?

It really depends on the diligence of whoever bought your old one. If they just put it aside, you might be okay. Hopefully they didn't immediately hit the factory reset button.

Good luck!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I guess you could?

It really depends on the diligence of whoever bought your old one. If they just put it aside, you might be okay. Hopefully they didn't immediately hit the factory reset button.

Good luck!

GameStop doesn't work that fast. Turned in systems go to a GameStop run refurb depot and they do the repairs and wiping there and send them out wherever they need to go.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Gamestops put all the systems that were traded in during the day into boxes for shipping out at the end of the day. And the one I worked at would wipe it just before processing the trade.

Chances are that old 3ds is lost to the winds, but by all accounts the call to Nintendo will be quick and easy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah I'm confident Nintendo will sort it all out tomorrow. I DID happen to take a photo of the old 3DS's serial number before turning it in, that might help I guess?

And as much as I feel like a retard for not doing all of my homework (and believe me, when the douche Gamestop manager said "we won't do a system transfer in-store", I almost walked), I guess the logic in my head was, "I live in a world with Steam and Xbox Live, surely if my purchases are associated with a Nintendo ID, I can download them to a new system associated with that ID".

So while I feel like an idiot, Nintendo's system *is* just a little bit archaic and dumb. Microsoft had this poo poo sorted out nearly a decade ago. :shobon:
I guess it makes me a little disappointed because I really like Nintendo's games and consoles and exclusive series, and then something silly like this happens.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah I'm confident Nintendo will sort it all out tomorrow. I DID happen to take a photo of the old 3DS's serial number before turning it in, that might help I guess?

And as much as I feel like a retard for not doing all of my homework (and believe me, when the douche Gamestop manager said "we won't do a system transfer in-store", I almost walked), I guess the logic in my head was, "I live in a world with Steam and Xbox Live, surely if my purchases are associated with a Nintendo ID, I can download them to a new system associated with that ID".

So while I feel like an idiot, Nintendo's system *is* just a little bit archaic and dumb. Microsoft had this poo poo sorted out nearly a decade ago. :shobon:
I guess it makes me a little disappointed because I really like Nintendo's games and consoles and exclusive series, and then something silly like this happens.

Yep, having the old serial number will help.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Xenomrph posted:

If it makes you feel any better, there are active members here who had trouble figuring out how to use a screwdriver and one guy told another poster to suck a dick, it was great.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Nintendo Store finally selling New 3DS XL charging cradles at $9: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550076

Why did they have to gently caress up the cradle with the New 3DS XL. The old one was so nice for playing on my desk while charging.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BGrifter posted:

Why did they have to gently caress up the cradle with the New 3DS XL. The old one was so nice for playing on my desk while charging.

Why wouldn't you just plug the cable in directly? This is almost as bad as gluing the games.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

noirstronaut posted:

If it makes you feel any better, there are active members here who had trouble figuring out how to use a screwdriver and one guy told another poster to suck a dick, it was great.

Do not offer dick to the GS guy for the 3ds. It will work.
But if your there at store opening im sure they will roll their eyes at you.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why do so many people not understand how great docks are. Docks are frickin amazing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

BGrifter posted:

You are literally the first person I've seen do this. What the gently caress? How is that even comfortable? I guess stylus only games?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

Don't forget about the dude that crazy glued game cases to the back of his 3ds and is in denial about how ugly it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

littleorv posted:

Don't forget about the dude that crazy glued game cases to the back of his 3ds and is in denial about how ugly it is

Because it's the funniest thing in this thread so far I had to go back and find it

Turtlicious posted:

So that cheapo chinese case? I bought one, and it works pretty well but the nubs don't stick out enough for me. Here are some pictures.

e: Holy tables batman.