Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Does any crowd get to review the game before release?

The (admittedly small) site I write for has asked for a review code for HLM2, but I don't have a response yet. It's not like I wasn't going to buy the game anyway, but just belaying my experience with before release stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Sorry if this has been asked already. But what is going to be the easiest way for someone in Australia to get this game?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It sucked that Biker only got two real levels in HM1.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Serperoth posted:

The (admittedly small) site I write for has asked for a review code for HLM2, but I don't have a response yet. It's not like I wasn't going to buy the game anyway, but just belaying my experience with before release stuff.

Same here, pretty much.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

PoPcornTG posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already. But what is going to be the easiest way for someone in Australia to get this game?

Just :filez: it, man. The devs want you to do it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PoPcornTG posted:

The devs said it's ok to pirate it in Aus unless (until?) it gets classification (yes really). Obviously you'll have to look up how/where to do that yourself though.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Inspector Gesicht posted:

It sucked that Biker only got two real levels in HM1.

Yeah, I would love if Biker was playable in 2 for this reason. I really liked his Knives only gameplay as well.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Where's the cheapest online place to order this from goons?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dugong posted:

Steam. It's only $10, there's probably not going to be any super deep discounts on it anywhere.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dugong posted:

Green man gaming has a 23% off code.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Robawesome posted:

Doesn't seem to show up as an option on the web browser Playstation Store page

Yeah, I'm not seeing it on my PS4 either...

SparkTR
May 6, 2009

PoPcornTG posted:

Gamersgate has it, with a Steam key and price discount.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

SparkTR posted:

Gamersgate

:crossarms:

SparkTR
May 6, 2009

This site, not that other thing. The past few months must have sucked for their PR department.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If the game's release is delayed all day I'm going to be sad.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Anatharon posted:

If the game's release is delayed all day I'm going to be sad.

It was funny how badly the hype train exploded at the station for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on release day, until it finally unlocked.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 10, 2015

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just realized the free Payday 2 Jacket character only comes with the digital deluxe edition, and I already preordered the normal one. I'm kind of screwed if I changed my mind post-purchase, aren't I?

Edit: Hmm, apparently Steam might actually refund the original one according to their support page if I buy the deluxe now and create a support ticket.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

While it might be too late, you could always try to get a refund/cancel your pre-order and then buy the special edition.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Apparently Jacket in Payday 2 just shows his face and isn't covered or anything. :geno:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Anatharon posted:

Apparently Jacket in Payday 2 just shows his face and isn't covered or anything. :geno:

It's just like Hotline Miami - The dude has a face! He puts on his mask before he hurts people.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Anatharon posted:

Because of the way PD2 works he kind of has to until he puts a mask on.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
And also sometimes the masks are just sunglasses if you're boring and wrong.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Because of the way PD2 works he kind of has to until he puts a mask on.

I was hoping they'd do something like cover his face in bandages like he had in Trauma, or he'd wear a little mask under it.

I mean he might as well talk normally too at that point.

e: Heck just have him walk around with a chicken mask all the time anyways.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 10, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Anatharon posted:

I was hoping they'd do something like cover his face in bandages like he had in Trauma, or he'd wear a little mask under it.

Jacket has a face, you aren't wearing a mask or head bandages the entire time in Hotline Miami. Even this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o9SUPgyZRY uses direct camera angles on his face to great effect.

I mean the ending of the game is him taking off his mask and lighting up a cigarette, even. :v:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh, uh, it was really easy to get a refund on the game since it was still preordered. Hooray!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

explosivo posted:

Oh, uh, it was really easy to get a refund on the game since it was still preordered. Hooray!

Cool. Enjoy hurting other people as Jacket in three games. :v:

The Crotch posted:

And also sometimes the masks are just sunglasses if you're boring and wrong.

These days, sometimes the mask isn't even sunglasses.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Trying to decide if it's worth getting the digital special edition for the 6 song remix EP. Is the full soundtrack going to be readily available in the game folder like with 1?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

null posted:

Trying to decide if it's worth getting the digital special edition for the 6 song remix EP. Is the full soundtrack going to be readily available in the game folder like with 1?

Chances are.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So when is the game supposed to unlock?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

10am, pacific time zone, on the Tuesday of March 9th, 2015.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

So when is the game supposed to unlock?

About 10 hours.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

10am, pacific time zone, on the Tuesday of March 9th, 2015.

You got so close on this.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Let me guess, I forgot daylight savings? :v:

[edit] Oh wait, 10th I meant tenth! :downs:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Let me guess, I forgot daylight savings? :v:

[edit] Oh wait, 10th I meant tenth! :downs:

So close... but wrong number! :c00l:

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Going back and watching more of those old trailers, it seems like the characters that are going to be in 2 have been in the devs' minds for a while. There's a trailer by "the fans"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUN9GzwUNZA

and then a trailer featuring the pig butcher (with gameplay involving him that was never in the game) and also some live action images of 'innocent' looking victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQshGnjpo0

I remember these from when they came out but only now do they really make sense in context. Maybe this was obvious to everyone else but I'm just now realizing it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

swimming anime posted:

Going back and watching more of those old trailers, it seems like the characters that are going to be in 2 have been in the devs' minds for a while. There's a trailer by "the fans"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUN9GzwUNZA

and then a trailer featuring the pig butcher (with gameplay involving him that was never in the game) and also some live action images of 'innocent' looking victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQshGnjpo0

I remember these from when they came out but only now do they really make sense in context. Maybe this was obvious to everyone else but I'm just now realizing it.

I believe they meant literal fans and Pig Butcher was going to be the original player character. There's a shoutout to that in that the tutorial has Jacket wearing Aubrey instead of Richard as usual.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Geight posted:

Jacket has a face, you aren't wearing a mask or head bandages the entire time in Hotline Miami. Even this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o9SUPgyZRY uses direct camera angles on his face to great effect.

I mean the ending of the game is him taking off his mask and lighting up a cigarette, even. :v:

To nitpick, that trailer is of Graham, not Jacket (Richard). I do really miss those trailers, though- I wish they'd done one for HM2.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

psychoJ posted:

10 AM on Steam, dunno about PSN.

PSN versions should go up between 10am to 1pm Pacific / 1pm to 4pm Eastern in North American region,
and Wednesday on either midnight GMT or early afternoon GMT in European region.

One small warning: there is a PlayStation Plus discounted price of $13.49 for it during launch week, and sometimes, PSN will put up a game before its PS+ discount goes into effect. If that happens and you want the PS+ price, you'll probably have to wait 15-30 minutes until the PS+ discount shows up.

Flayer posted:

Can you even pre-order this on PSN?
No pre-order went up.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 10, 2015

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

explosivo posted:

I just realized the free Payday 2 Jacket character only comes with the digital deluxe edition, and I already preordered the normal one. I'm kind of screwed if I changed my mind post-purchase, aren't I?

Edit: Hmm, apparently Steam might actually refund the original one according to their support page if I buy the deluxe now and create a support ticket.

Open up your steam tab and click on your username in the top right. Go to account details, go to store transactions and you should see Hotline Miami 2 on this list, along with a 'request a refund' button. Do that and it'll add the amount you spent to your steam account which you can then use for the special edition instead. I had to do the same thing 'cause I really wanted Jacket in Payday 2. As far as I know you shouldn't run into any problems with refunds if a game is still in the preorder phase.

Edit: I didn't read that you already fixed it on your end. Good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
After replaying HM1, I can confirm that it's not a timeline split-

1. Jacket loses the Phonehom fight, and Richter is sent to deal with his GF the same night. Richter apologizes for killing the girl, but not for shooting Jacket.

2. The intervening levels are hallucinations, or actually occurred prior to the phonehom fight. the ambiguity is that the apartment, when revisited in the late game, shows some of the signs that only appeared between post-phonehom levels, most significantly the beds being pushed together.

3. Everything pre-trauma is a hallucinated flashback.

4. Beard probably isn't Richter- Richter isn't shown shaving his head anywhere, as others have said, but is shown killing Beard in various locations.

• Locked thread