Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The only thing that's fail is the insane amount of technical debt that has accumulated in the software stack that nobody is willing to eliminate bc everyone only wants to work on new stuff and they're not willing to pay competitive rates to retain disciplined programmers. This is why core apps like Messages.app keep accumulating more instabilities and UI bugs with every update. Industrial design game on point doe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
brutal insight from the inside itt. any apple fags wanna take a stab at putting this queer in his place?

e: fixed a typo

Smythe fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 10, 2015

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

The only thing that's fail is the insane amount of technical debt that has accumulated in the software stack that nobody is willing to eliminate bc everyone only wants to work on new stuff and they're not willing to pay competitive rates to retain disciplined programmers. This is why core apps like Messages.app keep accumulating more instabilities and UI bugs with every update. Industrial design game on point doe

music.app on my iphone regularly crashes for me, i think it's something with itunes radio when i have it on airplane mode on planes or something

apple has like 500 billion dollars of cash, how can this be

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

music.app on my iphone regularly crashes for me, i think it's something with itunes radio when i have it on airplane mode on planes or something

apple has like 500 billion dollars of cash, how can this be

iOS loving sucks you idiot. discard your apple garbage and step up to the big boys game at the Android table

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Smythe posted:

iOS loving sucks you idiot. discard your apple garbage and step up to the big boys game at the Android table

yea because android never has any issues with bugs or crashing, no sir

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Raluek posted:

yea because android never has any issues with bugs or crashing, no sir

its actually really stable. i cant even remember the last os crash or even app crash - excluding failure CAMERA.APK which explodes frequently.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Smythe posted:

its actually really stable. i cant even remember the last os crash or even app crash - excluding failure CAMERA.APK which explodes frequently.

yea thats part of the problem. the android experience (tm) is so variant between handsets cause theres no baseline assumption you can make about hardware. i guess you got lucky. at least the apple experience is consistent, lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:btroll: ANDROID SUCKS!!!! IOS FTW

:c00l: Actually it's really good.

:btroll: IM A MORON! I SUCK BALLS! IM RETARD

:c00l: I'm calm and collected, and therefor used my skillful mind to easily choose the best mobile OS. It's Android.

:btroll: UR A FAGoT

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Raluek posted:

yea thats part of the problem. the android experience (tm) is so variant between handsets cause theres no baseline assumption you can make about hardware. i guess you got lucky. at least the apple experience is consistent, lol
     /
:btroll:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

i fully expect gold and black colored aluminum imacs by this time next year running laptop hardware for 3x the current prices

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://live.theverge.com/apple-watch-macbook-liveblog-march-2015/

NILAY PATEL 11:05:10 AM PDT

This is so embarassing I want to die.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
You all can say what you want, but all of this poo poo is going to sell like crazy anyway, with idiots lining up in front of Apple Stores worldwide.

People love shiny expensive crap with Apple logos

Bokito fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 10, 2015

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

also expensive crap with shiny apple logos

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

tummy sticks

lol

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

havent seen this fucker in years

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

it really pisses me off that there's now

1. Lightning
  2. Thunderbolt
  3. Magsafe
  4. USB C
  5. Apple Watch Magnetic charger
  6. FireWire RIP

any one of these is a candidate for a universal apple do-everthing cable.

they could put the lightning charger in the new Macbook and i could charge the Macbook with my iPhone charger.

they could build data into MagSafe and i could interchanged chargers between Macbook products

they could let you magnetically attach the  Watch charger to the Apple logo not he back of the macbook and charge that way.

they could charge through the loving headphone port drat it

what was the loving point of making lightning like 4 years ago, and then the whole thunderbolt push, then the magsafe update.

usb-c, at least, should eventually be a common connector you'll find on everything like micro-usb is now. it'll be a few years, though

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Cardboard Box A posted:

http://live.theverge.com/apple-watch-macbook-liveblog-march-2015/

NILAY PATEL 11:05:10 AM PDT

This is so embarassing I want to die.

yes, incisive commentary from a human that wears studded leather bracelets

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

how does the core m compare with the MBA's i5

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

how does the core m compare with the MBA's i5

it's slower but apparently the architectural improvements make it less noticeable unless you're attempting to use it for something other than viewing your desktop, or facebook

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
yeah new macbook is 110% a facebook twitter internet photos consumption device

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep posted:

same for the ipad

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Sniep posted:

this doesnt suit my needs

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
yeah im not going to get one because it's targeted for a different demo than me

airbooks still the champ for my needs

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i was going to get a retina air but i think i'm just gonna wait for them to add the new trackpad and poo poo to the retina pro and get that

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

it's the new poorbook, to be bought with student loan money. wait for the product designed to suit your needs.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
rmbp 15" supremacy

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

rmbp 15" supremacy

seriously the best machine

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Dolomite posted:

yes, incisive commentary from a human that wears studded leather bracelets

hes not wrong though everyone was like "who is this and who cares"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

i thought this too until i used the 13" mba. its seriously the perfect size

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

buy both!

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

i thought this too until i used the 13" mba. its seriously the perfect size

i had one before the rmbp 15 and I agree, form factor is perfect. when they go retina, and assuming it isn't so graphically stressed it can't handle lightweight gaming (like blizzard's stuff) at a reasonable resolution then i'll revise my rmbp supremacy opinion

it's just that retina is amazing and makes it really, really difficult to go back to standard resolutions so until the day of the retina air its a pos

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

it's

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the Air's won't get retina and they'll just linger along for a few more years like the white macbook did

and the new MB will go down to $999 around the time they kill the Air

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

PleasureKevin posted:

the Air's won't get retina and they'll just linger along for a few more years like the white macbook did

and the new MB will go down to $999 around the time they kill the Air

this but instead a new macbook air with no ports and inductive charging comes out that's .0001mm thinner to be the new thinnest notebook in the world™

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Smythe posted:

im a low end macbook fan. in my hosed up reality powerful compters belong on desks and laptops can be gimpy

if you think about it, with inflation this new macbook is probably cheaper than the old white macbook,

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Smythe posted:

im a low end macbook fan. in my hosed up reality powerful compters belong on desks and laptops can be gimpy

I was going to make a crack about it still being faster than my four year old desktop cpu but apparently it isn't.

of course the desktop dissipates 95W compared to 4.5 but that's just lol AMD.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shifty Pony posted:

I was going to make a crack about it still being faster than my four year old desktop cpu but apparently it isn't.

of course the desktop dissipates 95W compared to 4.5 but that's just lol AMD.

holy cow, i think they make arm chips with higher power dissipation.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i have a rmbp. thanks for reading everyone :pram:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

they shouldve named the new laptop with something thats lighter than air

like, "macbook vacuum of space" or s.th

• Locked thread