Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

rabidsquid posted:

I can't imagine mono red devotion ever coming back. You would have to value Fanatic of Mogis over every possible Green card. It just doesn't make sense to me.

What made it an option next to R/G before that isn't there now? Just the possibility of explosive BTE starts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Cool, extra Crackling Dooms for my sideboard against Abzan.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Cool, extra Crackling Dooms for my sideboard against Abzan.

There's something about the wording of the second sentence. It feels like it's saying that it can target someone that doesn't have a green or white creature, and it'll resolve, not fizzle, if they don't have a green or white creature. It almost feels like it should have the keyword Cipher on it, like it's a holdover from RTR block.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That is entirely what it does, yes. If you can normally cast the spell, it will go through like that. It's cleaner than the other two or three ways to write it.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

kizudarake posted:

It feels like it's saying that it can target someone that doesn't have a green or white creature, and it'll resolve, not fizzle, if they don't have a green or white creature.

Yes, that is correct. All "target player sacrifices" effects work this way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
LR Spoilers

Deceiver's kinda cool and has a respectable butt

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

They should put the Warbringer reminder text on every card. (They shouldn't.)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't know, the megamorph reminder text feels even stupider to me.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Magic: The Gathering: Megathread: (A Megamorph Cost is a Morph Cost)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Are you kidding? If it didn't have that reminder text there would be countless dinguses pushing up their glasses and informing you that it says MORPH costs, and MEGAMORPH is not MORPH.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Some people would definitely try to dash Warbringer for R.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 10, 2015

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Megamorph is the stupidest keyword

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Welcome back Prey's Vengeance(kind of).

As an aside, I think this is my favorite use for Rebound; something decent at instant speed, followed by something mediocre at sorcery speed.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

So this is basically a better Alesha's Vanguard that can potentially be used in a post-board wipe scenario in which you dash it out for 3 then dash out a Heelcutter for R/Strike Leader for 1B/Kolaghan for 1BR I guess.

I'd have to see what other Dash creatures are in the set to see if there'd be any use for it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Yeah that's a Portal level of :shepface: reminder text right there.

Please note: I'm not saying that it isn't necessary. :v:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mercury Crusader posted:

So this is basically a better Alesha's Vanguard that can potentially be used in a post-board wipe scenario in which you dash it out for 3 then dash out a Heelcutter for R/Strike Leader for 1B/Kolaghan for 1BR I guess.

I'd have to see what other Dash creatures are in the set to see if there'd be any use for it.

Yeah dashing that+Heelcutter+Scout is pretty nice.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

With the UW Command and Exemplar with Narset, could Jeskai Control become a thing? With Keranos, Ugin, Ojutai Exemplar and the two board wipes of End Hostilities and Anger of the Gods backed up by dig and other draw spells.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
I got to spoil a neat card over here:

http://www.danskmagic.com/articles/index.php?ID=1795&fb=true (Article in Danish though :/ )

:)

Lars fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 10, 2015

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Card seems fine, although I'm not sure where it fits in. I guess you can play it in red aggro, flip it up and hit for 3, and get a free card out of the deal? Not sure.

Samael posted:

With the UW Command and Exemplar with Narset, could Jeskai Control become a thing? With Keranos, Ugin, Ojutai Exemplar and the two board wipes of End Hostilities and Anger of the Gods backed up by dig and other draw spells.

I don't think the mana is there in Standard for a 3 color deck running double-colored spells of each color.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
Yeah, it's sortof a "Skred-Red" type of card. Not insanely useful in burn, but I like it as a pure value card.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Seems good. Decent evasive creatures for 1R are pretty rare, and the fact that it cantrips later in the game is also really good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

2B
Creature - Orc Berserker
At the beginning of your upkeep, lose 2 life.

Dash 2BB You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.)

--

Holy poo poo! It's not a warrior!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

also, versorgungssegments

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Rinkles posted:

2B
Creature - Orc Berserker

Dash 2BB You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.)

--

My love for you is like an Orc berserker!
Would you like to make some pork? berserker!

Also, it's technically a 2bb 5/3 with haste that returns to your hand with no downside.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rinkles posted:

2B
Creature - Orc Berserker

--

We've come a long way since Juzam Djinn. This card still won't get played in anything.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Interesting that it plows through coursers, which are an annoying roadblock if you're playing mono black aggro and don't have back to back marauders.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Rinkles posted:

2B
Creature - Orc Berserker

--

It's a better Viashino Runner :D (loved that guy when I was a new player).

I also love how the German type line makes it look like a legendary name, rather than a description. "Ork, Berserker"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

What happens if:

1) I have 1 dragon in hand
2) I cast it
3) They counter it
4) I cast dragon counterspell against their counter

Is the dragon counterspell a full counterspell, or just a force spike?

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
It's a spike - you can't reveal a card from your hand that's already on the stack.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Angry Grimace posted:

At least her official flavor text is less torture-y.

Martyrdom is pretty torture-y.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
At least she has the potential to be pretty bonkers with Dash.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Death of Rats posted:

It's a better Viashino Runner :D (loved that guy when I was a new player).

I also love how the German type line makes it look like a legendary name, rather than a description. "Ork, Berserker"

Yeah. That is one of the goofy things about the German translations becaue if they were to write it in the standard way, it would be something like Berserkerork which wouldn't "share a class" with Orks or Berserkers.

Is Ire Shaman the first female Orc we've seen on a card?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

AlternateNu posted:

Hey, you don't know how Zurgo identifies.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah. That is one of the goofy things about the German translations becaue if they were to write it in the standard way, it would be something like Berserkerork which wouldn't "share a class" with Orks or Berserkers.

Nope, there are several in the block already. Bellowing Saddlebrute, Mardu Roughrider at least, but there are probably more.

oryx
Nov 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

LR Spoilers

Hard to believe that Warbringer wasn't already taken as a card name. Can't wait for the LR: "'Sandblast your Warbringer.' Marshall's head explodes."

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Hellsau posted:

Oh hey it isn't garbage. Color me surprised.

Cool card, my only complaint is it's a little inconsistent because these types of mana abilities usually let you use the mana for activated abilities of dragons as well. They should have also thrown in turning morph dragons face up.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Cool card, my only complaint is it's a little inconsistent because these types of mana abilities usually let you use the mana for activated abilities of dragons as well. They should have also thrown in turning morph dragons face up.

That would put the card in a tiny font size, and wouldn't add anything to most games with it.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yup, that's just overly complicated. Fingers crossed that It's going to look great in foil at least.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

T4 Warbringer T5 dash 3 creatures sounds pretty strong, especially with commons like Goblin Heelcutter and Sprinting Warbrute. It seems like you could often just run them over by putting a ridiculous amount of hasty power on the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Lars posted:

It's a spike - you can't reveal a card from your hand that's already on the stack.

Doesn't it say 'reveal a dragon from your hand or if you control a dragon'? Is the card a dragon you control when it's on the stack?

• Locked thread