Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

WitchFetish posted:

There's only one country worth caring about tho, so he wasn't entirely wrong.

(my other joke would have been about russian marines, but then I remembered I don't know poo poo about them, so welp)

Our equivalent of the Marines in terms of obnoxiousness would be the VDV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am a little late to the German Heavy poo poo, but ya this was an amazing game because RNG treated me good:

Replay:http://wotreplays.com/site/1694592#steppes-mesadoram-tiger_ii

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

WitchFetish posted:

There's only one country worth caring about tho, so he wasn't entirely wrong.

(my other joke would have been about russian marines, but then I remembered I don't know poo poo about them, so welp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elJwuD7pfmc
all you need to know

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

R. Mute posted:

The Sau40... :negative:

Do not go up the French TD tree. The tier four and six are garbage, the tier five got thrashed by the TD view range nerf, and the tier seven, eight, and ten are very cumbersome. Poor armor and bad gun handling with crap HP isnt a good place to be.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Alright, time for some tanking, starting with the M41:
Driving full speed, dude in a T49 nails me for 850 or so at 300m+, sets me on fire and breaks my ammo rack. I've got 3 hp left, an E3 finishes me off.
T71 time: ammo rack damaged in first shot, I drive off, a Tortiose shooting HE hits my engine.

Off to a great start.

I hope the CDC hurries up and clicks with me, I've had a rough series of games in it. I just haven't gotten used to how fragile it is. I really is a giant hellcat that can be spotted from the moon. That really needs safe stowage, somehow a T37 can damage its ammo rack in single shot.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 10, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jesus WG really went out of their way to remove all spotting locations. LT-10 is farcical.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

Jesus WG really went out of their way to remove all spotting locations. LT-10 is farcical.

Swamp east spawn, Redshire North Spawn, Malinovka if the enemy has no decent players, Prok/fireProk. Congratulations if you don't get one of those maps you do not spot poo poo.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think I like LTs any more.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

I don't think I like LTs any more.

LTs are still fun, its that the missions are bad with them.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

CitizenKain posted:

LTs are still fun, its that the missions are bad with them.

I mean I say that and then I end the night with a 2100 exp Top Gun.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1694813#pearl_river-prav-amx_13_90

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

At the start of a Sacred Valley match, I said this in allchat:

"Please just push the north. The south is worthless - you don't get any good shots, and you cannot push the cap"

Guess where the enemy team went? Spoilers.

(Asked the M5 to move out of the way, he did not move, I got stuck on a wall a bit, and then he sassed me.)

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

There was some talk about making money selling accounts, is that actually a thing? The game is less and less fun. The tanks I enjoyed playing are less viable with all the artillery, unless I camp or stay in cover. Since my WIN8 has gone up, they focus on me and I don't get to do anything I enjoy.

-edit- just a minute after posting this, I got two-shot by artillery in my STB-1 just seconds after being spotted in some corner of a map.

-edit 2- the game is down to three artillery and a WT E-100 on my side, and four artillery, an FV, and a light tank on their side.

Animal fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 10, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
For money making, except no substitute.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1694928#lakeville-mesadoram-amx_chasseur_de_chars

I cleared 180k credits. The two games before it I cleared 130k. In the right hands, this tank shits credits like no other.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

1488 is now Rhodesian First and Only. Going through Wikipedia, it turns out that the racist white minority banned the National Democratic Party shortly before the civil war. If only NDP weren't dead...

...and if only these loving neo-nazis owned land on the clan wars map...

...or had a stronghold...

Mesadoram posted:

For money making, except no substitute.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1694928#lakeville-mesadoram-amx_chasseur_de_chars

I cleared 180k credits. The two games before it I cleared 130k. In the right hands, this tank shits credits like no other.

Only 132k base credits for five thousand damage? Them battle payments though.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
The funny thing is that when shitlords start piling into the CDC it will be an exp and credits pinata.

^^^^ Hahaha holy poo poo they are now going with the apartheid era militia poo poo? god drat. Motherfucking Rhodesia... WGNA wtf.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 10, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Agrajag posted:

The funny thing is that when shitlords start piling into the CDC it will be an exp and credits pinata.

^^^^ Hahaha holy poo poo they are now going with the apartheid era militia poo poo? god drat. Motherfucking Rhodesia... WGNA wtf.

Bonus for their second guy being named xXxErwinRommelxXx

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

reported

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hellsau posted:

Redshire North Spawn

Got that the other day and was blind fired by a 3805 as soon as he loaded, it is apparently a predictable spot

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Those are the same guys, including the same commander who was supposedly permabanned. So just a rename and the ban was lifted. loving bullshit.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Swamp east spawn

Where is this swamp spotting position?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

The best part about those missions is that you can't ever fire at anything yourself, every single bit of damage is something you can't spot anymore.

Such a shame they lack anyone with a brain, they could have designed those missions to actually encourage good play.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Exactly. "Deal x amount of damage yourself or by spotting/tracking for teammates", voila, still highly light tank relevant without sabotaging the game.

That's my main problem with the missions, ranking ahead of being highly MM, map and RNG dependant: Many of them don't encourage winning gameplay, and pubbies have a hard enough time as it is. I see a lot of people hiding in corners to get a "win and survive" done without risking their tank, a lot of people driving slow heavy tanks onto the cap when they know the enemy is sitting on a ridge and can shoot them (very prevalent on cliff right now if one side breaks through 1-2), and so on.

The only positive aspect I've noticed is that light tank drivers tend to be somewhat less suicidal. Only approximately a third to half on any single team will yolo rush.

srb fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 10, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I think the mission is fine but the maps aren't.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
"Veteran," types also like to use all caps for some reason.

Bunch of cunts - all of them.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Right now I'm really hating the heavy mission where you have to block 2x your hitpoints in damage and deal 1500 damage (for T28 concept). I can't get pubbies to shoot at me enough when they're bouncing off me, which seems odd. Do tracking shots count toward the damage blocked? It doesn't say that it does, but knowing wargaming, it probably does count.

I also can't decide which of my tanks is best for the mission. I'm thinking KV-5 (if I get a map that lets me hide R2D2) or IS-7. I don't have an E-100 or I might try that, even though the hp is high.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Uranium 235 posted:

Right now I'm really hating the heavy mission where you have to block 2x your hitpoints in damage and deal 1500 damage (for T28 concept). I can't get pubbies to shoot at me enough when they're bouncing off me, which seems odd. Do tracking shots count toward the damage blocked? It doesn't say that it does, but knowing wargaming, it probably does count.

I don't think it does. As for the tank pick a VK 4502B and drive straight at pubbies, angle in an alley, get 8k bounced damage easily.

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
So botes is going into CBT on the 12th. Is it time to start a thread for it?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Well I mean it'd be a fairly quiet thread until it's actually the 12th.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

I also can't decide which of my tanks is best for the mission. I'm thinking KV-5 (if I get a map that lets me hide R2D2) or IS-7. I don't have an E-100 or I might try that, even though the hp is high.

The KV-5 should be good for that in my experience. You need to bounce something like 3.5k damage which is feasible (since pubbies don't know where to shoot a KV-5) and dealing 1.5k damage is a piece of cake.

Also, for some reason my KV-5 is currently my tank with the highest average XP.
Otherwise a VK4502B should be feasible or a KV-1/220, although the latter run out of enemies kinda fast. T28 Concept is from tier5, right?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, T28C is tier five and up. I did that mission in the KV-220. Now I need to bounce 3x my HP, deal 2k damage, in a tier six or higher.

How do you people get pubbies to bounce your KV-5 while hiding the R2D2? They just go straight through the turret face, the mantlet, or aim for the cupolas on top and accidentally pen the sloped armor near them. Angling the turret just gives them a flatter shot.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

srb posted:

You're gonna get tank spergs on your rear end if you just call it "M1 Abrams", as the M1 Abrams is armed with the 105mm L7 and is significantly less advanced in terms of armor and sensors than current Abrams and Leopard 2 types. Also, Leopard 2 best tank.

Well, thanks to the German gun and British armour the current Abrams is pretty good but drinks fuel like you are invading an oil rich arab country.

Hellsau posted:

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

1488 is now Rhodesian First and Only. Going through Wikipedia, it turns out that the racist white minority banned the National Democratic Party shortly before the civil war. If only NDP weren't dead...

I'm going to put money on the next name of the clan being The Vlakplaas

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Are there any arty missions that have requirements like "kill a tank 2 tiers higher" ?
I've been slacking so I am still on the second set of missions and can't check the last 2 sets.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Hellsau posted:

How do you people get pubbies to bounce your KV-5 while hiding the R2D2? They just go straight through the turret face, the mantlet, or aim for the cupolas on top and accidentally pen the sloped armor near them. Angling the turret just gives them a flatter shot.

You get in a match where you're top tier and have tier 6s shoot at you. Alternately, drive backwards. People rarely aim when they think they're shooting at your rear end.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

By playing stupidly aggressive and always snap shooting, you know like the Hellsau way?
In the KV-5 I typically angle my tank so I hide the right side which sort of hides the cupola. I also constantly move back and forward which causes a lot of bounces.
The KV-5 also out-DPMs all other tier8 heavies and have good side armour so charging a tank and getting on his side works.
But honestly, every match that I play in my KV-5 I am constantly amazed on how long I survive and how much I bounce.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, T28C is tier five and up. I did that mission in the KV-220. Now I need to bounce 3x my HP, deal 2k damage, in a tier six or higher.

That's the trouble I've been having in my KV-5. I've come really close to finishing the mission so I'll probably just stick with the KV-5. When I've gotten close, I've been a little exposed, but I've driven forward and backward to make the weak points harder to hit. This baits pubbies into shooting at them, but since they're usually really bad, they keep missing. The problem, though, arises if you're facing too many pubbies and you get tracked. Then you just die. This is usually why I end up failing. Sometimes I fail because the enemy pubbies melt away too fast to bounce on me as much as I need them to.

It's really frustrating because baiting like this is really bad behavior on my part and it's not very fun. I just want to steamroll pubbies and get special tanks.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Why arent you all using an E-100 for the damage blocked missions? Its so easy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

Why arent you all using an E-100 for the damage blocked missions? Its so easy.

Because bouncing 8100 damage is really hard because track shots don't count, and eventually they'll just start snapshotting the bar on top or shooting HE which doesn't count for the mission.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Axetrain posted:

Thats what makes them the easiest targets to troll. Some vet was going on about his "service" and told him the standard spiel about being a welfare queen/bullet sponge/school dropout and he asked me if I have ever served and I told him I served his mother last night. He absolutely wentoff in chat for the rest of the game about how horrible this disrespect is and I should walk into a recruiters office to "man" up. I was in the military and I know from experience how very thin skinned alot of them are.

Understatement of the week.

Viperidae posted:

So botes is going into CBT on the 12th. Is it time to start a thread for it?

:yaycloud: Hopefully being a weekend tester will get me a CBT invite for botes. Though, is that EU only?

Also, with that CDC win, what are battle payments? I've never seen that before.

Also, I got a "for heroic resistance" payout on a loss and had to look that up.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 10, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, with that CDC win, what are battle payments? I've never seen that before.

Battle Payments are bonus credits from strongholds. It is like a consumable that one of the leaders can pop and it provides a % boost in credits.

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, I got a "for heroic resistance" payout on a loss and had to look that up.

For getting one of the major medals (topgun, high caliber) on a loss you get the "same" amount of XP and credits as if it was a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
had a 180k credit game in my cdc (before taxes), would have made silly amounts with battle payments. Its an excellent moneymaker, however i'm quite liberal with my gold ammo in it, so i dont make as much as i could. its probably one of those tanks you can run fine without gold tbh. on the other hand, gently caress bouncing on tanks