Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cody has some of his father's issues unfortunately. Meltzer may or may not be alluding to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

81sidewinder posted:

This was a quintessential Dave comment, I loved it.

Wasn't it because Bryan said it was a fake belt in a fake sack?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Wasn't it because Bryan said it was a fake belt in a fake sack?

Yes. Bryan said it was A. Fake belt. In a. Fake sack. and Dave immediately corrected him saying the sack was real but the belt was fake.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Talk'n Shop on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOraqjH7ykA

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

rovert posted:

Cody has some of his father's issues unfortunately. Meltzer may or may not be alluding to that.

Yeah I thought he was making a David Von Erich reference or Reid Flair

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Dave noting that the Warrior award going to Connor instead of any of the unsung backstage workers (which is what Warrior wanted) was pretty funny too.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

cronox2 posted:

Dave noting that the Warrior award going to Connor instead of any of the unsung backstage workers (which is what Warrior wanted) was pretty funny too.

Haha I forgot about that. His line was something like "Warrior wanted the award to go to people that wouldn't get one because they wouldn't give WWE PR... WWE didn't do that"

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah well wrestling is fake what does mark Meltzer think about that

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Why are all the related videos for my little pony?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They go by previous viewing history.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spermgod posted:

i don't think tall gaijin dojo trainees really get the same kind of dojo experience that natives do. see bad luck fale.

Nakanishi tried to glue Fale's rear end cheeks shut but they had to get a new wall for the dojo instead.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

I don't get that from the tone of his comment at all. It just sounds like he's saying you have to be good in Japan or you'll fail.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I would think that, but then again Cody did make the statements about steroids which were basically "so what if you die young, your peak years will be even better."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm listening to the Radio Lab feature on wrestling and it's really sad that Meltzer is so unpresentable to the general radio to audience because it sucks hearing other reporters who know less about things like this be the story tellers for things like the Screwjob.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't get that from the tone of his comment at all. It just sounds like he's saying you have to be good in Japan or you'll fail.

Same here. I took 'die' to be that you would quickly fail to get over, not OD and literally die.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

i see a couple mlp videos too tho

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
No, the Yakuza will literally murder anyone Who can't perform a 3* plus match.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

No, the Yakuza will literally murder anyone Who can't perform a 3* plus match.

I guess that's why he's so desperate for the DVD money.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I would think that, but then again Cody did make the statements about steroids which were basically "so what if you die young, your peak years will be even better."

Addiction can be hereditary so I wouldn't want to discount that, but Meltzer didn't seem all that coy about it and in context it just sounds to me like he meant it in a 'that segment died a death' kinda way. Who knows though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh hell yeah.

But will Fink be there? Provided they take care of his travel, of course.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Rick posted:

I'm listening to the Radio Lab feature on wrestling and it's really sad that Meltzer is so unpresentable to the general radio to audience because it sucks hearing other reporters who know less about things like this be the story tellers for things like the Screwjob.

I don't think this is really true. Meltzer comes across fine on something like the LAW and he has to break things down in a much more concise manner that's a lot like you'd hear on a regular sports radio interview and a lot different than how he normally discusses stuff on his own shows.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Meltzer also did a podcast with Bill Simmons years ago and he was fine. I don't think there would be any issue putting him on mainstream radio.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i just uh i just think that, y'know, maybe you should like, i dunno, give meltzer a chance to uhhh present himself on like, y'know, mainstream radio

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
depends on his cough/smoke alarm

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
When he's doing Observer stuff it's usually at the end of the day and he's tired as gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meltzer said since he got sick he's been sleeping more than usual, so what do you guys think he's averaging now? 2 hours a night?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ch3cooh posted:

Why are all the related videos for my little pony?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Whoops

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

they don't entirely tho, the ones that say "Recommended for you" are viewing history, the rest are ones that youtube determines are similar

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Have you ever heard Bryan say how he doesn't hate Vince Russo and has never wished him harm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulNMIA1MB4Q

Also more WCW death denial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlvIb9WxYU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Have you ever heard Bryan say how he doesn't hate Vince Russo and has never wished him harm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulNMIA1MB4Q

I love Dave's seemingly fascinated,"Really?" in response to that.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dave is going to die from a combination of WWE sucking rear end and that loving cough

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Dave is going to die from a combination of WWE sucking rear end and that loving cough

It's a symbiotic thing, like in Dragonheart. When WWE is bad, Dave is sick, and vice versa.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Eh he'll be ok. He almost quit the newsletter after WM 1.

He was awful sick of the product when his son's heel friend left that thing on the stairs though...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NickRoweFillea posted:

He's going to die when his house catches fire and his smoke detector isn't working because the batteries are loving dead.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

they sold me on a youtube channel in that one video

gently caress me doc, I did not expect you to down that in one on video

also, worth clicking onto their channel page to see their banner thing, it looks like some 90s MTV animation poo poo with an awkward AJ

e; also, yeah, Cody Hall looks green as gently caress, his lariats look like they would genuinely hurt someone. I think he needs more time to practice before he gets in the ring with the rest of the Biz Cliz.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Letting the smoke alarm beep and coughing on air? Well, that's just the mentality

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was looking for something entirely unrelated and stumbled across a collection of James from Kentucky calls. I remember downloading his calls into WOL (and other eyada shows when Dave banned him) but I had no memory of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K4fu-cHjyc

James calling into the final episode of WCW Live. Featuring Jeremy Borash, Tony Schiavone, Jeff Jarrett and I think Bob Ryder? I'm not sure who JB's cohost is. WCW Live was WCW's internet radio show, something I struggled to listen to along with WOL on a 56K.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I'm never listening to Bryan And Vinny in class again after I made a fool of myself laughing at the bootyman song

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Another Person posted:

also, worth clicking onto their channel page to see their banner thing, it looks like some 90s MTV animation poo poo with an awkward AJ

:laffo: AJ has on that S.E.X. stable shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

AfterFather posted:

:laffo: AJ has on that S.E.X. stable shirt.

Uhhh clearly someone hasn't been to prowrestlingtees dot com slash biglg

• Locked thread