Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how will the thread ever recover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Red Robin Hood posted:

God drat this thread :argh:

You want a cookie or something?

VVVVVVV of course!

littleorv fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 10, 2015

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

littleorv posted:

You want a cookie or something?

Will it have tit shaped candies on it?

Awesome! posted:

how will the thread ever recover

I just refreshed the page and clicked 5 :shrug:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
He voted 1 because this thread is number one.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bread Set Jettison posted:

For ages 7+ ahahaha are you joking

That's not the rating, that's the disclaimer they put on all the boxes in regard to using 3D for young children.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Ugh can we go back to super glue, latex gloves and screwing? All this boob chat is making my gay penis flaccid.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

flyboi posted:

Ugh can we go back to super glue, latex gloves and screwing? All this boob chat is making my gay penis flaccid.

Hey, there were some Senran bishi boys just posted on the last page.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Wamdoodle posted:

Hey, there were some Senran bishi boys just posted on the last page.

Just because I like dick doesn't mean I'm a creepy pedo who likes anime boys

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I got my City Slicker. The leather that is atop it (the color you choose) is dope as all hell. I feel like the cow and I are closer, spiritually, after feeling the finish of this thing.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That happy breast game kinda reminds me of Powerstone. I might check it out.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Also Shantae is pretty interesting. I might check out that 3DS one once I beat this one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

flyboi posted:

Just because I like dick doesn't mean I'm a creepy pedo who likes anime boys

oh ok. thanks for clearing that up

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

Also Shantae is pretty interesting. I might check out that 3DS one once I beat this one.

Very good games if you like Metroidy stuff. Sadly not terribly long but nothing in that genre is these days. Game rules, art rules, music rules, play em.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Called Nintendo this morning, they were able to hook me up. I got an email from them a little while ago with some instructions to follow but I won't be able to do anything until I get home from work.

I also did the smart thing and ordered a Hori screen protector off amazon, and a 32gb microSD card. Both of those show up tomorrow, I'm guessing I should wait and do the system transfer AFTER installing the microSD card?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Xenomrph posted:

Called Nintendo this morning, they were able to hook me up. I got an email from them a little while ago with some instructions to follow but I won't be able to do anything until I get home from work.

I also did the smart thing and ordered a Hori screen protector off amazon, and a 32gb microSD card. Both of those show up tomorrow, I'm guessing I should wait and do the system transfer AFTER installing the microSD card?

With out the original system? How is this done?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Junkie Disease posted:

With out the original system? How is this done?
Nintendo looked up the serial number of my old 3DS, verified that my nintendo ID was associated with it, and verified that I had a bunch of games associated with both. They asked me for the serial number of my New 3DS, and I'm guessing they did some behind the scenes wizardry on their end to migrate the digital game licenses from one serial number to the other.
I haven't followed the instructions they sent yet so I don't know what's next.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Nintendo looked up the serial number of my old 3DS, verified that my nintendo ID was associated with it, and verified that I had a bunch of games associated with both. I haven't followed the instructions they sent yet so I don't know what's next.

It's you putting in your new MicroSD card and redownloading everything. You can't system transfer what you don't have.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Hey guys what happened? This thread was great but now it's a 1 at best, Did Red Robin Hood downvote it or something?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Voted thread 1.

Also finished Last Specter and hoo boy. I know not to expect anything sane but..yeah.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

noirstronaut posted:

Pirate's Curse is going on sale (25% off) when the eShop updates on Thursday, so you have good timing.

Also captured almost all Pokémons in Shuffle. But dear god those legendaries with 1% catch rate can go eat a bag of dicks.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nolgthorn posted:

Hey guys what happened? This thread was great but now it's a 1 at best, Did Red Robin Hood downvote it or something?

Something about anime titties or something.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So weird to see XSEED being harassed everywhere by the lack of goodies on their Physical Edition. I men, the european editions are pretty nice but the important thing is the game.

As in every XSEED release, the game will come prepatched and so the difficulty will be modified already (the japanese complained so much about the difficulty that the first patch nerfed the bosses). Having played the game original difficult, it was an exaggeration so I'm hoping XSEED manages to implement it as an option.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Nolgthorn posted:

Oh you :allears:

Don't worry.. I revoted it back up to a five. Should be fine once Lowtax reboots the server!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
But Lowtax is dead...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This kind of got glazed over with the anime titty chat, but what's this about a Shantae: Risky's revenge 3DS re-release? It's already on the 3DS.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

This kind of got glazed over with the anime titty chat, but what's this about a Shantae: Risky's revenge 3DS re-release? It's already on the 3DS.

No, it's on DSiware, which can be purchased and played on a 3DS. They're releasing a new version that's actually for 3DS.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

It was a DSiware game so that version is on eshop now but there's some other version that is specifically 3DS with I guess 3D and poo poo, idk much about that tho

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
IIRC it's not going to really change the actual game all that much, meaning you'll still wind up finishing it and thinking "...that's it?".

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
gently caress Senran Kagura, Atlus finally announced an English release for Etrian Odyssey Untold 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SdIrJYxZeY

quote:

IRVINE, Calif. - March 9, 2015 - The funny thing about destiny is that even if you don't believe in it, it believes in you. An innocent childhood play-date set in motion a series of events that leads players to become the chosen Fafnir Knight decades later, sworn to protect their childhood friend, Princess Arianna of Caledonia. These events prompt the beginning of the new story mode in the role-playing game Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight, an exclusive for Nintendo 3DS™ handheld entertainment system, available in stores and the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS this summer for $49.99.

The next entry of the Etrian Odyssey Untold series is essentially two games in one - the first, a Nintendo 3DS update to Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard (released on Nintendo DS) with new dungeon layouts, new graphics, and system improvements from the recent Etrian Odyssey Untold. The second is the Untold portion - a brand new story mode with a fixed party, voiced dialogue,and animated cutscenes that follows the bittersweet tale of the Fafnir Knight, Princess Arianna, Flavio - another hero of the Midgard Library - and the two adventurers, Bertrand and Chloe. The five meet while exploring the Ginnungagap ruins, and then after misfortune unfolds, they venture back and forth between the Yggdrasil Labyrinth and Ginnungagap, slowly working their way to discovering the origins of the Fafnir Knight.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold Features:

Creatures of Comfort: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is the seventh entry in the Etrian franchise (eighth if you count Persona Q, and you know we do) and has a level of refinement that could only come from consumer feedback. Improved systems and mapping make Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold one of the most approachable Etrian titles to date.

Untold Classics: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold has two ways to play the game, continuing the tradition of the Untold franchise. Classic mode revisits the original Etrian Odyssey 2 with updated graphics, player conveniences, and a full roster of classes. Story mode features a fixed party, but includes voiced dialogue, animated cutscenes and a bittersweet arc that explores the relationship between Arianna and the Fafnir Knight.

What the Fafnir? The titular knight is the Fafnir class and is a never-before-seen addition to the Etrian franchise. He has the ability to transform into a beastly demonic form, which enhances his attributes and abilities, and is only available in the Story mode.

Bring a Blanket: Just as in Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and Persona Q, in addition to normal difficulty, players can choose Picnic mode for a low-difficulty experience or the masochi... er, veterans amongst them can choose Expert mode for a punishing play-through.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight will be available this summer for the Nintendo 3DS. This single player RPG is rated T by the ESRB. Details about physical bonus items, DLC, and more will be available in the future. Updates will be made available on the official website at https://www.atlus.com/untold2

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

gently caress Senran Kagura

Isnt' that the point?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What's the point in updating Risky's Revenge for the 3DS? I mean, I guess optimization is cool and everything, but it seems like wasting resources for whoever is working on it.

Also, I know the GBC game is critically acclaimed, but is it actually worth it to play it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're porting the game to 3DS because people don't and won't buy DSiWare on 3DS and because there are lots of restrictions and limitations that exist for DSiWare that make it a pain in the arse to deal with - there are limitations about patches or updates, you can't do discounts or use the infrastructure for things like cross-buy, etc. Their Japanese publisher never went through with the JP DSiWare release and that forced their hand, too.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

noirstronaut posted:

Also, I know the GBC game is critically acclaimed, but is it actually worth it to play it?
Yes

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's frustrating at times and you'll probably wind up consulting a map at some point to find where to go or where an upgrade is hidden, but I enjoyed it a decent amount.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

As somebody that beat it last month, not really no. It suffers from having the character being too big, so the screen is really zoomed in, making it harder to navigate the world and dungeons and also makes combat a pain if an enemy gets further than five steps from you, that and having no ingame map makes the game hard to play through without constantly checking a guide to find out where the hell you're going. It is pretty technically impressive for a GBC game, but no, it's not fun to play at all, just get Risky's Revenge instead.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
The day I care about Etrian Odyssey is when they finally get rid of first person view. The gameplay has looked solid from the start but I just can't get into a game where it's fighting textboxes....unless it's Earthbound. I can tolerate anime, random battles, bad voice acting, engrish localizations but no party animations and it's a no. I can't explain why.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Lord Ephraim posted:

The day I care about Etrian Odyssey is when they finally get rid of first person view. The gameplay has looked solid from the start but I just can't get into a game where it's fighting textboxes....unless it's Earthbound. I can tolerate anime, random battles, bad voice acting, engrish localizations but no party animations and it's a no. I can't explain why.

that's dumb

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Lord Ephraim posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

You get used to it. The games are really good. If you could stand it in Earthbound you can stand it in EO.

I'm super excited for EOU2. I've gotten over my old hangups over the lack of non-blank characters in the non-Untold EO games, but I'm still stoked for more story mode.