Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

There's not much more to the story than "He's black now." Bart is still Kid Flash. Either way, his aunt Iris is black in the CW 'verse, so...

He also doesn't exist in the CW universe, there's been no mention of Iris having any siblings (other than Barry :shudder:), so she ain't an aunt of anyone.

So in the comics there's just a black kid running around (at normal speed) named Wally West? Meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But wouldn't it be cool if it was?

The issue with Mr Terrific is that he'd be too similar to Ray Palmer.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

He also doesn't exist in the CW universe, there's been no mention of Iris having any siblings (other than Barry :shudder:), so she ain't an aunt of anyone.

So in the comics there's just a black kid running around (at normal speed) named Wally West? Meh.

He's also a troubled kid in need of a white strong role model.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
If they went with a Hispanic actor instead, it definitely sounds like a description of the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Hollismason posted:

It's kind of frustrating that we haven't seen any new trailers for Daredevil, the one they made looks good but still wanna see more! Also it seems violent as hell, even in the trailer. So I guess they're going full on Frank Miller.

The Daredevil Twitter account just posted a video from Vincent D'Onofrio saying they're dropping something tomorrow, so whether it's a new trailer or maybe a full shot of costumed Daredevil, we'll find out in a day or so.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I wonder if they mean tomorrow in general, or if they mean tomorrow during SHIELD.

New Flash preview shows Trickster and Mark Hamil complete with photos of Hamil in costume from the 90's show on the computer screen in STAR Labs (as news paper articles). Also, more time travel hype.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 9, 2015

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

ToastyPotato posted:

I wonder if they mean tomorrow in general, or if they mean tomorrow during SHIELD.

He says "come back tomorrow" so I would have to assume he's inferring the Twitter account itself, although I would not put it out of the realm of reason that if it's a trailer that it'll run during SHIELD as well...

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

First episode of Powers is available on youtube. It plays a bit like a SyFy show with bigger actors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt2znyyXt3g

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Full Daredevil trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAy6NJ_D5vU

Looks like a TV show to me. Nothing super exciting there, but I like the tone and it makes me at least hopeful. Really irritating color grading to my eyes, though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I like that Powers is low key. It sells it a lot better.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

New Flash preview shows Trickster and Mark Hamil complete with photos of Hamil in costume from the 90's show on the computer screen in STAR Labs (as news paper articles). Also, more time travel hype.

Spoilered stuff owns bones and could only possibly be better if they homaged some Shirley Walker music cues.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Skwirl posted:

Just make him her cousin. Then you get a situation more like the Roy/Oliver relationship over on Arrow. The last thing we need is an elementary school age superhero.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless they want to put Molly Hayes in Agents of SHIELD. That would be fine.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Full Daredevil trailer:

Looks like a TV show to me. Nothing super exciting there, but I like the tone and it makes me at least hopeful. Really irritating color grading to my eyes, though.

Looks pretty good to me. Although I hope they don't hold off having Matt in costume until the end of the season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reset Smith posted:

Looks pretty good to me. Although I hope they don't hold off having Matt in costume until the end of the season.

I will be shocked if we see him in the costume before the very last scene of the season.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

feedmyleg posted:

Full Daredevil trailer:

The actual presentation of the trailer is very rote and really doesn't show anything that would surprise anyone who's seen the Affleck film and/or literally any Batman thing within the last decade...but gently caress, I'm still really excited about this.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

RevKrule posted:

First episode of Powers is available on youtube. It plays a bit like a SyFy show with bigger actors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt2znyyXt3g

Wow. I'm about 5 minutes in and it is terrible. They could have gone for a animated show, the style of the comic is reminiscent of BTAS, and instead they go live action with godawful special effects? Wait. Was that Grant Morrison serving drinks at that 'rave'. Seriously? Rockin out to Orgy in the year 2015?

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I enjoyed Powers. It's really rough around the edges, but I blew through the 3 available episodes and want to see the rest.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I'll admit, I was super turned off on Powers in the first 10-15 minutes. Somewhere it caught its groove for me and I actually interested in it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Eddie Izzard.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

RevKrule posted:

I'll admit, I was super turned off on Powers in the first 10-15 minutes. Somewhere it caught its groove for me and I actually interested in it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Eddie Izzard.

I dunno, I made it about 3/4 of the way though, then lost interest and went out for lunch. Just didn't click with me. :shrug:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, as always, I underestimated how dumb Sony are. It's region-locked. For a wholly-owned production for their subscribers. As the launch to a model that they want to use to challenge Netflix and Amazon. God that's stupid.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I read somewhere else that the video in the trailer for Daredevil is literally the first 3 to 4 episodes only. I'll try and find it. Basically that's just like the first 2 to 4 beginning episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tonight's AoS had a Kree and he talked about the Inhuman backstory.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I read somewhere else that the video in the trailer for Daredevil is literally the first 3 to 4 episodes only. I'll try and find it. Basically that's just like the first 2 to 4 beginning episodes.

I'm kinda surprised it sounds like Fisk and Matt get a face-to-face that soon, then. The bit with D'Onofrio talking about respecting Murdock for his conviction sure sounds like the thing you have in the big final showdown.

And that line about there being 'other ways to see'? Ooh boy, Cox having a lotta trouble keeping the accent up.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Tonight's AoS had a Kree and he talked about the Inhuman backstory.

Was that gadget he had something from the comics? It seemed so weird and specific in its use. Also the needing the nitrogen to not be blue thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

Was that gadget he had something from the comics? It seemed so weird and specific in its use. Also the needing the nitrogen to not be blue thing.

I haven't seen the episode, but in comics some Kree are blue and some Kree are the color of pink that corresponds to White people on earth.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

From all his talk about "other kree can't find out about this" it kind of seems like this wasn't his job or anything, he had just personally taken it on himself so that other kree wouldn't find out about it, so I guess it must have been something he happened to have on hand when he spotted the whole "inhumans: a thing." transmission.

So really he was basically a kree superhero.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

reignonyourparade posted:

From all his talk about "other kree can't find out about this" it kind of seems like this wasn't his job or anything, he had just personally taken it on himself so that other kree wouldn't find out about it, so I guess it must have been something he happened to have on hand when he spotted the whole "inhumans: a thing." transmission.

Perhaps the Kree would overreact if they found the inhumans were still around and blow up earth or something? alternatively they'd want to go take their toys back and continue the experimenting and he doesn't want that.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I never thought an episode of a television series that had a Kree explaining the origin of the Inhumans to a bunch of Shield agents and an Asgardian could be that dull and joyless.

I genuinely enjoyed the post Hydra AoS, but the dour tone of this last two episodes really bummed me out. Jed Wheadon needs to stop imitating his brother and making his characters miserable all the time. This last episode seriously felt like the worst of Buffy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They didn't seem all that miserable to me except for Skye, for obvious reasons.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

e X posted:

I genuinely enjoyed the post Hydra AoS, but the dour tone of this last two episodes really bummed me out. Jed Wheadon needs to stop imitating his brother and making his characters miserable all the time. This last episode seriously felt like the worst of Buffy.

Its not like they are dealing with the death of a team member/friend.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Its not like they are dealing with the death of a team member/friend.

While that is true, I felt the amount that they have been mourning has been a bit overboard for a character that has barely been on the show. Like seriously, he appeared in like, what, fewer than 10 total episodes between both seasons? And in many of those episodes, he was only in a few scenes at a time. He was never close to a main cast member like Mack or Hunter are now. We've seen way more of them in the half of season 2 then we did of Tripp during his whole run!

But I get they are trying to set up Skye's guilt, so whatever I guess. It's just a very weird case of telling the audience instead of showing the audience, so it is slightly irksome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ToastyPotato posted:

While that is true, I felt the amount that they have been mourning has been a bit overboard for a character that has barely been on the show. Like seriously, he appeared in like, what, fewer than 10 total episodes between both seasons? And in many of those episodes, he was only in a few scenes at a time. He was never close to a main cast member like Mack or Hunter are now. We've seen way more of them in the half of season 2 then we did of Tripp during his whole run!

But I get they are trying to set up Skye's guilt, so whatever I guess. It's just a very weird case of telling the audience instead of showing the audience, so it is slightly irksome.

He was in close to 20 and he was all over the end of season 1.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Season finale dates for Arrow and Flash announced

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think they're doing exactly the right amount of somber grieving right now; Trip's absence affects them and the plot, but they're still carrying on with their duties and their other problems. The thing I don't want them to do is to, like, retroactively prop up Trip as some mega awesome super AWESOME flawless AWESOME guy who was utterly irreplaceable in every way because have we mentioned how awesome he was. 'Cuz, like, yeah, he was awesome, but not...that awesome.

Then again, that is kind of how people tend to remember the deceased.

Anyway, the episode was really good, y'all need Jesus.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

He was in close to 20 and he was all over the end of season 1.

I seriously only remember him showing up with Garrett a couple of times and only being in a few scenes here and there, until the big HYDRA flip, where he became a slightly more important character and that was more than halfway through the season at that point. . But even then I felt like he barely got any screen time. In the 32 episodes that ran before his character died, he appeared in 18, and a bunch of those appearances were pretty damned small. Even in season 2, he would only show up here or there, except for the few times he actually went on a mission and did something. He was a busy actor, which is why he couldn't stick around.

Basically what I am saying is that he was by no means a main character on the show so it was weird seeing all these characters reminiscing about how much they liked being around him when we barely saw any of that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

reignonyourparade posted:

Captain Mar-Vell confirmed.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Main titles for iZombie were released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nSXg7qqtSQ

At least with Allred art, it's one portion that's still true to the book.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ToastyPotato posted:

I seriously only remember him showing up with Garrett a couple of times and only being in a few scenes here and there, until the big HYDRA flip, where he became a slightly more important character and that was more than halfway through the season at that point. . But even then I felt like he barely got any screen time. In the 32 episodes that ran before his character died, he appeared in 18, and a bunch of those appearances were pretty damned small. Even in season 2, he would only show up here or there, except for the few times he actually went on a mission and did something. He was a busy actor, which is why he couldn't stick around.

Basically what I am saying is that he was by no means a main character on the show so it was weird seeing all these characters reminiscing about how much they liked being around him when we barely saw any of that.

Yeah, he had almost nothing to do in S2 except die. The mourning just didn't quite feel earned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dominic Cooper is the frontrunner to play Jesse Custer in Preacher

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclusive-dominic-cooper-emerges-as-the-frontrunner-for-amcs-preacher-series-from-rogengoldberg/