Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Tiggum posted:

Are you saying that the shops near you only stock one brand of chocolate?

No, but all American milk chocolate tends to be the same and is all made with rotten milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

ChaosArgate posted:

No, but all American milk chocolate tends to be the same and is all made with rotten milk.

if u dont enjoy rancid chocolate you are a huge fussy baby. child

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

ChaosArgate posted:

This is true.

It's way cheaper to manufacture. :911:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Rambling Robot posted:

This is true.

It's way cheaper to manufacture. :911:

nah, some of it is made with fresh milk

they then add the rotten vomit flavour in DELIBERATELY. Because that's what you like. Puke chocolate.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I like hershey's but japanese chocolate really is way better.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LifeHack: Feel the urge to eat chocolate and post your opinion about it on the internet? Hold your breath for 30 minutes first!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm sorry you all live in horrible garbage backwaters because I can buy decent dark chocolate at a loving gas station and I live in White Bread, Massachusetts.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm sorry you all live in horrible garbage backwaters because I can buy decent dark chocolate at a loving gas station and I live in White Bread, Massachusetts.

mmmm love that bitterness. want to taste that homeless man's anus flavour.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Baracula posted:

mmmm love that bitterness. want to taste that homeless man's anus flavour.

Wait I can get that flavour without paying $50 to squirrely joe?

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

kazil posted:

LifeHack: Feel the urge to eat chocolate and post your opinion about it on the internet? Hold your breath for 30 minutes first!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ChaosArgate posted:

So buy real chocolate then.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Tiggum posted:

So buy real chocolate then.

No. Sweets go in your mouth, bitters just go in drinks

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Shut up about chocolate already, go use your microwaves for their intended purpose.

http://www.diyncrafts.com/10670/lifehacks/10-genius-microwave-hacks-you-probably-didnt-know-about

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait I can get that flavour without paying $50 to squirrely joe?

A bottle of Black Douglas 'scotch' left in the sun tastes remarkably like licking the sweat from a homeless man's belly crease.

Don't ask how I know this.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008
A friend of mine spent 5 years in prison. I love it when he tells stories of his time there cause it's always filled with bizarre quotes and actions. He told me once how he would cook ramen in prison. You could get ramen packages from the commissary and you could even get immersion boilers (which seems a bit dangerous to allow) but no vessels in which to cook it.

The first thing you need to do is scrub your stainless steel toilet really well. Then throw the immersion boiler in there, and when the water is hot make your ramen. Then use your makeshift utensils to eat it right out of the toilet. It's amazing what humans can get acclimated to when they don't have other options.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

at Christmas do you go go to your parents house and sit in the corner and glare at old aunt Glenda for eating a chocolate because that makes her a giant child

Is this something that you do

Wait - you mean you don't sit in corners and glare at anyone you witness eating anything that exceeds the bare minimum requirement to sustain biological functions? :aaaaa:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

BuddyChrist posted:

A friend of mine spent 5 years in prison. I love it when he tells stories of his time there cause it's always filled with bizarre quotes and actions. He told me once how he would cook ramen in prison. You could get ramen packages from the commissary and you could even get immersion boilers (which seems a bit dangerous to allow) but no vessels in which to cook it.

The first thing you need to do is scrub your stainless steel toilet really well. Then throw the immersion boiler in there, and when the water is hot make your ramen. Then use your makeshift utensils to eat it right out of the toilet. It's amazing what humans can get acclimated to when they don't have other options.

I like your friend's sense of humor.

Real jail hack: have diabetes so you get an extra orange at lunch, a primo bottom bunk, and two trips a day out of your tank for insulin. It's almost like freedom!

edit:

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Mar 11, 2015

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

WTF? The only way I can think of that even making the slightest sense will turn the thread into a conversation of which way you should wipe your butter

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
I can tolerate Hershey's chocolate :smuggo:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Nettle Soup posted:

Shut up about chocolate already, go use your microwaves for their intended purpose.

http://www.diyncrafts.com/10670/lifehacks/10-genius-microwave-hacks-you-probably-didnt-know-about

quote:

4. Sterilize Your Cutting Board
Cutting boards are breeding grounds for bacteria, so if you don’t have time to wash it properly in between chopping or cutting, wet it under the faucet, scrub it with some liquid dish soap and pop it in the microwave.

If you don't have time to wash your chopping board, just wash your chopping board and then microwave it :psyboom:

I don't think the person who wrote this list realises that microwaves aren't autoclaves. And even though a microwave can theoretically inactive bacterial cultures and spores the CDC advises it can take up to 5 minutes in a domestic microwave and requires the item to be wet and even then there's not a 100% guarantee of sterilisation due to the uneven distribution of heat in the microwave. So, lifehack: spend five minutes microwaving a thing to maybe sterilise it rather than just washing it with soap and water.

e - Also, I hope the person who wrote this list microwaved their bacon after they did all their sterilising :barf:

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I wash my chopping board by wetting it, then scrubbing it with liquid soap. That's how you wash anything. How is putting it in the microwave simpler?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Creature posted:

I wash my chopping board by wetting it, then scrubbing it with liquid soap. That's how you wash anything. How is putting it in the microwave simpler?

Microwaves make everything simpler! Walla!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Everyone knows that cleaning (and non-bbq cooking) is girl stuff, but if I can say that I'll NUKE the cutting board...Yeah, that's the stuff, my gender identity is safe once more

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

FRY MOTHERFUCKER, FRY!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

cyberia posted:

If you don't have time to wash your chopping board, just wash your chopping board and then microwave it :psyboom:

I have a relatively small chopping board and a relatively large microwave, and the board would fit in the microwave, but it wouldn't be able to rotate. Who has a small enough board or big enough microwave for this to even be possible?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Nettle Soup posted:

That chips one doesn't actually work... does it?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I made the mistake of putting my wooden chopping board in the dishwasher once. The heat caused it to warp and crack. :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Throatwarbler posted:

I made the mistake of putting my wooden chopping board in the dishwasher once. The heat caused it to warp and crack. :(

My neighbour did this with a bamboo chopping board then begged me to fix it. It was basically blocked solid with a sludgy mess of bamboo fibres.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Duct tape. Walla.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

UGH LIKE SOOOOOO MANY TIMES

What a wonderful dad.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

UGH LIKE SOOOOOO MANY TIMES

What a wonderful dad.

Paint that up, throw some LED lights on it, and slap a Razer sticker or something on it

Could easily sell those for $500 a pop to gamers

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean, it's happened in bachelor days, but because all the butter knives were dirty. And even then I went into it fully aware like "the smart thing would be to just wash one, but eh, :effort:."

e: "the butter knife", like you own just one, and it's in the drawer all mixed in with your wrenches and bread tags

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

bringmyfishback posted:

What a wonderful dad.

I'm in geriatrics, and we use similar devices for when the patients can't use a normal toilet.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
What's gross about the lifehack isn't that it's a commode. I hope your facility doesn't use non-sanitizable commodes covered in porous material.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sappo569 posted:

Paint that up, throw some LED lights on it, and slap a Razer sticker or something on it

Could easily sell those for $500 a pop to gamers

"Full HD air-cooled speedrunner 8000 typhoon GameSeat. For MVPs only."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Dogfish posted:

What's gross about the lifehack isn't that it's a commode. I hope your facility doesn't use non-sanitizable commodes covered in porous material.

THANK you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The material is an issue, I agree.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Zombie Samurai posted:

That chips one doesn't actually work... does it?

It sort of works, my brother got a kit for it once, a potato mandolin and a little rack to stand the slices in, they weren't fantastic.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

LoonShia posted:

The material is an issue, I agree.
It's also an open bucket of poo poo sitting in the lounge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Never empty the bucket.