Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

Male of the Century posted:

someone posted this a few pages back, it's a nice updated cupper with some neat map stuff.

projecttako.com/index.php

I have a few questions regarding Tako:

1. Can you add a "friendly" list of players you don't want to trigger auto-disable?
2. Can you see who is near you, triggering your auto-disable similar to Clipper?

Other than those two things, I prefer this program much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

frodnonnag posted:

Pos hacking in salvage will probably get you banned pretty loving fast.

Actually not doing this in Salvage, it's more for assaults because I'm still a PSC

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wow, I think there's something to be said about a game that's only tolerable when you're hacking in your own QoL adjustments.

And to think I played this for almost 7 years.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Actually not doing this in Salvage, it's more for assaults because I'm still a PSC

Ah, for the second go round of assaults i can send you ase, which will make em a ton easier.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Gruknor posted:

They are very good to afk on, you just have to make sure the trust you are using can cast poisona because these urganites get their jollies from casting poison. Other than that, it is very easy to afk farm/skillup on them. I would have ffxi set up so you can still hear the incoming tell warning.

Yeah, I ended up doing this a lot. I finally capped my Polearm on DRG, decided to move on to Archery/Marksmanship on RNG. Both of those skills are 0. I just realized... this is going to be much harder to skill up. I've got the plugin that automatically re-casts ranged attack whenever the cd is up, but I don't know if I can use that with the bot. I can try it on Uragnites, but I'll probably run out of arrows before they die. Any tips here?

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
The way I have dealt with skilling up is getting a really crappy weapon and finding a knotted root in ceizak or yashe and just semi afking on it. Doing that in conjunction with the sparks Temachi gear, Sakura trust and once over 300 Montangas makes it much, much easier, as well as way faster since all of those items increase skill up points. Its best to do this midday or late at night though with the rush of farming for silmacrum parts right now.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I remember jewbacca having a terrible time with this. What are the spawn conditions for gurfurlur, medusa, and gulool ja ja?

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
They increased the respawn timer, it's just "They spawn once every couple days" now instead of once a week.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I remember jewbacca having a terrible time with this. What are the spawn conditions for gurfurlur, medusa, and gulool ja ja?

I still fondly remember the weeks of incessant whining from jamie when one of the three wouldn't spawn. Was almost worth the cost of the mythic right there. Bonus round was his bitching over doing pld sword trials.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Male of the Century posted:

They increased the respawn timer, it's just "They spawn once every couple days" now instead of once a week.

There's no beseiged trigger for it, then?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Paladine_PSoT posted:

There's no beseiged trigger for it, then?

As long as they aren't currently in Beseiged. I made the mistake of not checking before using all my 1-time items opening the door :v:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Welp, just solo'd gulool ja ja thf/dnc. I get the feeling that the others are equally trivial except the whole getting to them part.

Edit: Unrelated, has anyone else noticed a small green dot following them on the minimap in salvage? Is this the windower detecting something they're using to track POS hackers?

Paladine_PSoT fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 12, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You eventually reach a point in the SoA missions where things go from slow and mysterious to batshit insane. I reached that point last night. What in the gently caress?

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
so i was pc less for a while. built a nice new rig and have had an active years sub but havent logged in since like winter 2012-13,

will my old version of cupper still work.

thats my only main concern. also did they turn it into a HITLER wowesque gimmick game with the ilvl content cause i quit on principle after 2nd SoA patch added ilvl gear.

i hate ffxiv so much, i literally hope yoship chokes on his own rear end cancer for ruining 1.23 the perfect mmo. but arr is my gf's first and shes in love with it so i enjoy it best i can. i dont appreciate its wow clone nature or kiddie crank adderall inspired gameplay or mechanics.

taels fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 14, 2015

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
Old Cupper won't work, but there are new things.

The structure of the game has changed quite a bit since the old days. It is much friendlier to the casual player. Nothing is particularly difficult and most gear takes very little time to acquire. The bad: A good portion of the best gear is run through a random augmenting system. You have to buy the items to trade in for the augments you want, and this can get expensive if you want really good stuff.

In short it's gimmicky, nearly all the relevant content is easy, and it's friendly to casual players. I suppose that makes it fairly wow-like, except that ffxi is vastly aesthetically superior, if you care about that sort of thing.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Edit: Unrelated, has anyone else noticed a small green dot following them on the minimap in salvage? Is this the windower detecting something they're using to track POS hackers?

When clipper used to work, now and then auto-disable would detect some random gibberish in the "Detection" line (where it normally shows close proximity players triggering the auto-disable). This might have something to do with that. I used to think it was something to detect hacking, but then I turned off auto-disable to see what would happen and didn't get suspended.

I honestly don't know, though.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Power went out, sorry delve goons

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

quote:

Live Presentation Event (03/17/2015)

We will be holding a press conference regarding our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward, with the event broadcast live on the internet.

Date and Time: Thursday, March 19 starting at 12:00 a.m. PDT
Viewable on YouTube Live
*The stream will be in Japanese only and will be made public when the event begins. An English language digest will be made available on the official forums.
* Note that the broadcast may not be available in all regions.

Kind of ominous, no? F2P? New Expansion?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I heard that a GM let slip server merges, but that's too small on its own to be press conference worthy.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kazy posted:

Kind of ominous, no? F2P? New Expansion?

They have to announce something, they have like no publicized stuff after the summer.

My bet is new expansion is absolute best case scenario, though i'm more inclined to think a mini storyline/recycled zone mini expansion set like abyssea, if anything.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

They have to announce something, they have like no publicized stuff after the summer.

My bet is new expansion is absolute best case scenario, though i'm more inclined to think a mini storyline/recycled zone mini expansion set like abyssea, if anything.

Eco-warrior II!

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I heard that a GM let slip server merges, but that's too small on its own to be press conference worthy.

It's conference worthy to me, I'm gettin' buck just thinking about it.

This conference is an hour away, yeah? Anyone know where we can watch it?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I doubt it will be any kind of expansion. If it was they woulda used their PAX booth to announce it :(

My guess is updated road map. Maybe announce some server merges. I've heard some servers are as low as 400 on in prime time.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Zero The Hero posted:

It's conference worthy to me, I'm gettin' buck just thinking about it.

This conference is thirty seven hours away, yeah? Anyone know where we can watch it?

Fixed that for you. It's midnight pacific thursday. 3am thursday east coast.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Fixed that for you. It's midnight pacific thursday. 3am thursday east coast.

drat. I read the first date of 3/17, missed the second.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

So, a question for those of you that have done book duty on Yorcia. When do you decide to just call an attempt and key to avoid losing the entire run? I've failed two runs when doing books and with the prices on the parts and general attitudes of pickup groups I really want to avoid this happening and it just seems like things can spiral out of control really quickly.

In particular, my last run that failed I was spat out in some random spot in the map and had to run to the book. Despite calling out that I wasn't at the book no one else touched it and the base got slowly overrun as I was playing catch up. I started using the key to end the run but aoe from (a thundaja/aga) the enemies hit me and killed me about 3/4ths of the way through. Got treated like poo poo by the group and have been taking a break from the game since while waiting on whatever announcement is coming up.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Condiv posted:

So, a question for those of you that have done book duty on Yorcia. When do you decide to just call an attempt and key to avoid losing the entire run? I've failed two runs when doing books and with the prices on the parts and general attitudes of pickup groups I really want to avoid this happening and it just seems like things can spiral out of control really quickly.

In particular, my last run that failed I was spat out in some random spot in the map and had to run to the book. Despite calling out that I wasn't at the book no one else touched it and the base got slowly overrun as I was playing catch up. I started using the key to end the run but aoe from (a thundaja/aga) the enemies hit me and killed me about 3/4ths of the way through. Got treated like poo poo by the group and have been taking a break from the game since while waiting on whatever announcement is coming up.

form your own groups, cut the price so you don't pay as much (or if you're bold, anything at all) and if it comes down to keying to avoid losing, everyone is at fault. Just call it in party to use your key and everyone should drop what they are doing and attempt a use.

Also use widescan to track and locate the book so you aren't wandering blind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can someone give me a quick guide to an alluvion? I can find info on rala/cirdas, but not yoricia

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Can someone give me a quick guide to an alluvion? I can find info on rala/cirdas, but not yoricia

- It's a tower defense game. You have a base, don't let it get destroyed.
- There are enemy bases called strongholds, destroy them to earn items and move to the next floor.
- They have lots of HP and defense and you'll do poor damage to them.
- There are twitherym and elementals around, they're all called Escalents.
- They're weak and give you Puissances points when you kill them.
- There's a tome near the base camp that you use Puissances to summon pets called Valliants.
- These pets are really strong and can do 4k damage a hit.
- The pets will be the main damage source to the strongholds, but they can't kill it. A player has to deal the last strike.
- You can spend points to upgrade the book and summon higher tier of pets.
- Eventually monsters with a malicious prefix will spawn and make a beeline for your base.
- They start coming faster as you move to higher floors.
- They're extra strong, has tens of thousands of HP, and can hit you for 800 damage.
- The pets will kill the malicious monsters.
- Mage classes blow up elemental to gain points, one person stays at a field book near the base to summon pets.
- Ideally, you have four people killing Escalents, one person summoning monsters at a book, and the sixth buffing the Valliants, delivering the last strike on strongholds, and maybe kiting the malicious monsters.
- It's easier to do 333 than 111 because you have more time.
- You can find Mellidopt Wings as a reward.
- Examine a ??? near the Yorcia waypoint when you have one in your inventory to be able to trade them.
- Hands and feet cost 1 wing. Legs and helm costs 2 wings. Weapons and chest costs 3 wings.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45843/alluvion-skirmish-yorcia/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Of course I forgot to check FFXIAH. Trying to flip through BG forums, and it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Thanks.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kieyen posted:

- Ideally, you have four people killing Escalents, one person summoning monsters at a book, and the sixth buffing the Valliants, delivering the last strike on strongholds, and maybe kiting the malicious monsters.
- It's easier to do 333 than 111 because you have more time.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45843/alluvion-skirmish-yorcia/

Both of these are absolutely wrong and loving stupid. 5 farming escalents, 1 on the book. Best job for the book and ONLY job that should risk buffing the mobs is a summoner, anyone else will most likely get hate from malicient or take too loving long when they should be farming.

Best party setup is smn, at least 1 blu, 1 rdm, and the last three either blu, blm, sch or geo. Smn focuses on book, killing strongholds while buffing valiants, and fleet wind on floor ups. Rdm for higher tier pro/shell, refresh, cures and backup nuking. Blus handle both twits and elementals since twits need phys damage. Blus need dual club nuking sets, and everyone needs to be basic 119s with nuking setups.(mainly their weapon).

The summoner is also less essential and can be replaced by anyone really, its the best slot for a goon without a proper mage job.

Doing 3/3/3 vs 1/1/1 is not better, they are both a loving waste. Do 4/4/4 or 5/5/5s only, as they have much much larger loot pools, better drops (you get alot more +2s and bodies), and better chances at pinky, lorissa and boss floors.

Tactic for the book is simple and absolutely requires fast escalient farming. Spawn the 5 crabs, 5 colibri, keep them out and respawn them as needed. Ignore the worms unless you have out all the crabs and poo poo is still in your base. Past that, spawn the 1k guy, upgrade to 2 or 3, and spawn korrigans or books, almost anything is pretty viable in 2 and 3 tiers to spawn, except maybe adamantoises.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And I'm assuming splitting the cost has more to do with people buying their 4/5 parts instead of just having it already.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

And I'm assuming splitting the cost has more to do with people buying their 4/5 parts instead of just having it already.

Exactly. Buy off ah, have everyone split cost. Alot of shitlers are splitting it 5 ways or splitting it uneven so they get in cheaply or free.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I hope you guys like cell phone games :smith:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

ghostinmyshell posted:

I hope you guys like cell phone games :smith:

Also one last expansion. Adjustments will still keep going afterwards.

Game screenshots:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Oh god you guys have to put up with Nexon now :negative:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Kuai posted:

Oh god you guys have to put up with Nexon now :negative:

Could be wrong, but person who is translating in BG chat said that Nexon is only handling the Smartphone client.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kazy posted:

Could be wrong, but person who is translating in BG chat said that Nexon is only handling the Smartphone client.

Yes
http://app.famitsu.com/20150319_504471/
It's apparently part of SE's FFXI Native Application Project.

Grandmasters is a separate thing done with Crooz, Inc.

e:This has all(most) of the slides related to the collaboration between the two http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/43881868.html

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 19, 2015

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
Nexon is only dealing with the Grandmaster's game. No one was specifically named for the Native App development so who knows there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Zombie Souffle posted:

Nexon is only dealing with the Grandmaster's game. No one was specifically named for the Native App development so who knows there.

The Famitsu article mentions Nexon relationship to the Native App in the second sentence. If Nexon isn't assisting with development, they're certainly going to publish it.

quote:

ステージでは、『FFXI』のネイティブアプリ化プロジェクトの発足が明らかに。スマホ端末で遊べる『FFXI』を、ネクソンと共同で開発するという。

On stage, SE revealed the details of the Native Application Project. They said a mobile version of FFXI will be developed with Nexon.
And Crooz is doing grandmasters