Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Here's my super optimistic hypothesis: Devs all looked at the horrible shitstorm from broken games last year(or foresaw it) and decided to delay all their games so they can be rock solid and come out bug free with high metacritic scores :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Here's my super optimistic hypothesis: Devs all looked at the horrible shitstorm from broken games last year(or foresaw it) and decided to delay all their games so they can be rock solid and come out bug free with high metacritic scores :toot:

Way too early for Uncharted 4 to get put back due to bugs, I suspect today's announcement was to get it out of the way before E3. With that said, Project Cars' delay is probably due to bugs (as with the previous delays).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

We can only hope :cheeky:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Lmao Project CARS delayed to mid-May.

Better delay it than release it in a driveclub state I guess.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Game delays....laugh out loud fun for the whole family.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
OlliOlli has gotten to a level of difficulty that I just can't hang with. :(

Switching to this Call of Duty game for dumbfun shootmans instead.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Do I need a better splitter to prevent the PS4 from sometimes sending this signal through it?

Capture-device on one end, monitor on the other. Cables are dirt cheap DealXtreme garbage and I want to get better. I know how to switch it back to looking normal in under 20 seconds so it's just an irritation.
Do you have deep color output enabled on the PS4 display settings? That being enabled will cause random corruption with capture with the XCAPTURE-1, I don't know if it could be affecting other devices.

MrLonghair posted:

Why hello there 1080p60 USB3 unit I had in mind for my next purchase. How is that XCAP-1? Relable and stable? Fine recordings and bitrates? No colour-shift issue with HDMI like my current 1080p60 USB3 capture?

(It's that or http://www.magewell.com/hardware/dongles/xi100dusb-hdmi/xi100dusb-hdmi_features.html?lang=en I'm getting, currently using an SKNET device)
I have an XCAPTURE-1 as well, zero issues (well, I had issues with my mobo's onboard USB3 support being unstable, but I solved that by buying a USB3 expansion card). I routinely play my PS4 through OBS's preview window. Don't know about the color-shift issue though.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Been stable since I stopped using the splitter, it had a hard time keeping EDID info and I would have to power cycle the capture card. I haven't done too many recordings, particularly lossless, but they look good. As far as color shift, I'm not too sensitive to it so I don't notice if there's any. There's a pretty good review from this guy who went very in-depth with it.

http://www.sixfortyfive.com/streaming/xcapture1.html

Edit: Oh yeah, there's one niggling issue, sometimes it will deactivate your power saving settings and run your processor full blast. Resetting power settings fixes it until you reconnect it. I'm told the issue is gone in Windows 8.1 but I haven't updated yet.
Nope, still present in Windows 8.1 for me. Thanks for the tip about resetting power settings.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

El Hefe posted:

Are you guys seriously saying indie game No Man's Sky is going to help Sony sell PS4s? lol

Demon's Souls was the sole reason I bought a PS3, and in 2011.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Sprat Sandwich posted:

They really don't want to pull a driveclub

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

a foolish pianist posted:

Sure, because that's a cool as hell game not some indie Spore-like bullshit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sprat Sandwich posted:

The gran turismo 5 of this gen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

El Hefe posted:

Sure, because that's a cool as hell game not some indie Spore-like bullshit.

If Journey was literally the only game on PS3 I would still tell people to buy a PS3.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

El Hefe posted:

indie Spore-like bullshit.

Why the disdain? The game doesn't interest me much but it seems like it has a pretty creative art direction, ambitious idea, and conveys the feeling of exploration of randomly generated stuff the same way Minecraft does. Sounds like Sony sort of propelled them above the level of scrutiny and expectation they were hoping for, but I don't see why a fairly inventive game idea is "spore-like bullshit" but yet another medieval RPG is cool as hell. It's just a little game about flying around exploring planets.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

precision posted:

If Journey was literally the only game on PS3 I would still tell people to buy a PS3.

Lol if you think journey is worth even the price of a new retail game. It was really cool, and priced correctly, but not really worth much more than that.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Megasabin posted:

Lol if you think journey is worth even the price of a new retail game. It was really cool, and priced correctly, but not really worth much more than that.

Alternatively, you could feel like Journey was easily worth the cost of a system and the game, and one of the best games you've ever played. I feel that way, and at least one other person in the thread does. It's weird how sometimes people like different games and can feel very passionately about them, and that it shouldn't detract from anyone else's enjoyment.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

precision posted:

Ok, that's a little much.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

gently caress Journey's motion controlled camera complete with haughty "It doesn't fit our artistic vision to have a UI to disable it." gently caress. IT.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

No Man's will be on PC and something tells me that if Demon's was on PC you wouldn't have bothered with the PS3.

precision posted:

I really need to get around to playing that... I don't think I'll like it as much as you, but it looks super cool.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Megasabin posted:

How do you put a price tag on an emotional experience?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

How do you put a price tag on an emotional experience?

Well its nice that you got your first blowjob playing journey, but that experience is hardly representative of the game in general.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

oliwan posted:

Well its nice that you got your first blowjob playing journey, but that experience is hardly representative of the game in general.

For me they were extremely similar, except I cried less when I finished Journey. A little less.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Megasabin posted:

I felt this way about Noby Noby Boy. Totally worth the price of admission. :shobon:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Conversely, I thought I was missing out on not getting a PS3 because of Valkyria Chronicles since the concept of that game sounded so cool. Then it came to PC and I was all, "Well I guess I didn't miss much"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is Battlefront still 2015? Not a huge star wars fan but that's as close as I get to ps4 game anticipation at this point.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

gameday posted:

For me they were extremely similar, except I cried less when I finished Journey. A little less.

... were you giving or receiving? :confused:

Nevermind I don't want to know.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Zaphod42 posted:

... were you giving or receiving? :confused:

Nevermind I don't want to know.

You wouldn't have to ask if stupid Twitch had kept allowing us to broadcast The Playroom.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Is Battlefront still 2015? Not a huge star wars fan but that's as close as I get to ps4 game anticipation at this point.

Hardline is 2015 so from a business standpoint I just don't see that happening?

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

You can guarantee that EA will rush Battlefront out regardless of whether it's ready or not. They want to capitalize on the launch of the Star Wars movie and according to some investor meeting leak they have plans for a heavy DLC push with that game as well. It will probably wow everyone at E3 with some heavily choreographed gameplay demo like we see with the Battlefield games, get a mountain of preorders, and then launch in a hilariously broken state that isn't fixed until the following Summer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Battlefront is just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, DICE is making it too. :dice: So I don't care at all. I just want EA Games to pick up Star Wars 1313 and finish that, or make a Tie Fighter sequel.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

precision posted:

Journey was amazing but no one should buy a ps3 to play a game you can beat in a couple hours.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

El Hefe posted:

Journey was amazing but no one should buy a ps3 to play a game you can beat in a couple hours.

The best part about the game is that you never "beat" it. You just begin again. One is never really "done" playing Journey, in the conventional gamer sense.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

El Hefe posted:

Advantage: Noby Noby Boy. They still haven't made it to Pluto. :allears:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Amazon had Snake hand special edition for sale today and it sold out before I could order it :argh:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Dewgy posted:

Advantage: Noby Noby Boy. They still haven't made it to Pluto. :allears:

Come on girl come on girl come on girl hey

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is the DmC re-release worth picking up? It seems they fixed most of the problems I had with the game.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."

drat..you too! DS was my system seller. Even when I had to part ways with my PS3 and games, I couldn't part with my physical copy of Demon Souls; still sits on my shelf in a place of honour!

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."

Mr E posted:

Is the DmC re-release worth picking up? It seems they fixed most of the problems I had with the game.

I picked it up after seeing the trailer with 'Cry little sister' (enjoyed Lost Boys) http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/a4xy9j/dmc--devil-may-cry---definitive-edition-launch-trailer despite having it on PC with all DLC. It plays nice on the PS4 and the differences make it the game a lot of people wanted.

Whether it's worth a purchase depends, if you have played it, this version is worth getting. If you have already played it then you need to weigh up how much the change log appeals to you. Found here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2014/12/15/announcing-dmc-definitive-edition-plus-a-very-special-teaser

e: Devil May Cry 4 special edition coming this summer! Day one purchase.

EE: double post, my bad!

Manac0r fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 11, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah, a Destiny with better reasons to explore and less lovely grind would be nice actually.
Maybe you should try playing an actual MMO instead of a bad mock-MMO then.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

The best part about the game is that you never "beat" it. You just begin again. One is never really "done" playing Journey, in the conventional gamer sense.

really makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

homeless snail posted:

Maybe you should try playing an actual MMO instead of a bad mock-MMO then.

I... do? :confused:

Not really sure here, you dissing the division or dropping burns on destiny? I don't really think enough is known about the division to go either way, but Destiny was pretty bad.

• Locked thread