Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Preoptopus posted:

I seem to recall that when the reviewed the Escalade in season 4, they openly said its a car for black rappers.
They basically said, its a terrible car, but we totally get why black people like it.
Where was all the outrage?!

When they did the truck driving special Jeremy joked about truck drivers murdering prostitutes, and there was some outrage over it.

Even the spokesman for the road haulage industry here basically said "It's a joke, everyone knows it's a joke. We need to get our sense of humor in check." because people were making a huge fuss over an obvious bit of humor based on a humerous, and known-innacurate stereotype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

I seem to recall that when the reviewed the Escalade in season 4, they openly said its a car for black rappers.
They basically said, its a terrible car, but we totally get why black people like it.
Where was all the outrage?!

That was years ago before impotent boring people realized they could feign outrage and feel like they had power by getting people into trouble (see people's glee on this website at getting normal people with families fired for a tweet to their 7 followers). The backlash has started I think, so hopefully they'll go back to crying in the corner like they used to.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

HotCanadianChick posted:

LF got deleted for a reason, go away.

I'm just kidding about all this don't worry. People here seem to like it when people come out with exaggerated opinions about others. I'm shocked that people are so offended I was only being ironic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

cloudchamber posted:

I'm just kidding about all this don't worry. People here seem to like it when people come out with exaggerated opinions about others. I'm shocked that people are so offended I was only being ironic.

That was a nice Italian move right there, when it looks like you're gonne lose, just switch sides!

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Mooseykins posted:

That was a nice Italian move right there, when it looks like you're gonne lose, just switch sides!

No this reveal was carefully planned from the beginning. I mean I'm amazed people took me seriously. Do you think even the craziest leftist would unironically post:

cloudchamber posted:

Wherever people turn a blind eye to racist imperial arrogance you will find D&D.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

cloudchamber posted:

No this reveal was carefully planned from the beginning. I mean I'm amazed people took me seriously. Do you think even the craziest leftist would unironically post:

Ah yes, we're just puppets carefully dancing to your very blatant fakeposts. Go away.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

HotCanadianChick posted:

Ah yes, we're just puppets carefully dancing to your very blatant fakeposts. Go away.

Is it only funny when Jeremy Clarkson does it? Or does it hurt that I apparently brought out the fact that despite claims to the contrary this thread is apparently full of closet OfCom complainants.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cloudchamber posted:

Is it only funny when Jeremy Clarkson does it? Or does it hurt that I apparently brought out the fact that despite claims to the contrary this thread is apparently full of closet OfCom complainants.

Another good example why this thread should be burned.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

cloudchamber posted:

If anything people complain that its scripted and hes not Clarkson enough.
Wait are you being ironic? I honestly cant tell. :psyduck:

Edit: Kill thread, shows over folks literally. At least it ended on a high note.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 12, 2015

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

T1g4h posted:

What the gently caress happened to this thread? :psyduck:

It's about ethics in light entertainment, and a bunch of gamergators are shitposting.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Preoptopus posted:

If anything people complain that its scripted and hes not Clarkson enough.
Wait are you being ironic? I honestly cant tell. :psyduck:

Nay, an I tell you that, Ill ne'er look you i' the
face again: but those that understood him smiled at
one another and shook their heads; but, for mine own
part, it was Greek to me. I could tell you more
news too: Marullus and Flavius, for pulling scarfs
off Caesar's images, are put to silence. Fare you
well. There was more foolery yet, if I could
remember it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

cloudchamber posted:

Nay, an I tell you that, Ill ne'er look you i' the
face again: but those that understood him smiled at
one another and shook their heads; but, for mine own
part, it was Greek to me. I could tell you more
news too: Marullus and Flavius, for pulling scarfs
off Caesar's images, are put to silence. Fare you
well. There was more foolery yet, if I could
remember it.

Whether or not you're fake posting, you're a loving idiot.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Why am I an idiot?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

cloudchamber posted:

Why am I an idiot?

:stare:

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Gaze upon my works ye mighty and despair.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
You guys act like you've never seen a troll before

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Satire depends on context. We know that Jezza's rarely being serious, we know that Stephen Colbert is satire, etc.. cloudchamber could be an ultra-leftist who crawled out of D&D, for all we know -- and there are definitely people in there that would say what he did without a trace of satire or irony.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

CornHolio posted:

You guys act like you've never seen a troll before

It's like they've never watched a certain popular British motoring program.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Shut up.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

leica posted:

Shut up.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I vote top gear mod challenge, make him drive a car with hilary for president written on it through a hick town.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Good night.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I saw a comment on one of BBC's numerous articles on the subject saying that Clarkson, Russell Brand, and Jonathan Ross are the most annoying presenters on television.

Like, what kind of soulless oval office do you have to be to hate all three of those people? Surely if you hate Clarkson's politics, you'd like Brand's, right? If you can't stand any of those people, who could you stand? Who/what do you like? What gives you joy in life, if you hate all three of those people?

EDIT: I watched Russell Brand's discussion on the subject, which, although I disagreed with a few points, was interesting and well-balanced. He wasn't calling for Clarkson's throat, either, even though he had some criticisms of Top Gear in general.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

PT6A posted:

I saw a comment on one of BBC's numerous articles on the subject saying that Clarkson, Russell Brand, and Jonathan Ross are the most annoying presenters on television.

Like, what kind of soulless oval office do you have to be to hate all three of those people? Surely if you hate Clarkson's politics, you'd like Brand's, right? If you can't stand any of those people, who could you stand? Who/what do you like? What gives you joy in life, if you hate all three of those people?

I agree on Jonathan Ross, i can't stand him. He is a oval office.

Clarkson is good, Brand is great and as well as being a very funny comedian he does speak a lot of sense and makes excellent social commentary.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Russell Brand is weird cuz he had a lot of sex with Katy Perry, didn't want any more sex with Katy Perry, and left her. As a hetero male, I simply cannot comprehend his decision-making process.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Mooseykins posted:

I agree on Jonathan Ross, i can't stand him. He is a oval office.

I haven't seen him that often, so I can't say, but the few times I've seen him he didn't seem too bad. Anyway, I can understand not liking one, or even two, of those people, but all three?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Russell Brand is weird cuz he had a lot of sex with Katy Perry, didn't want any more sex with Katy Perry, and left her. As a hetero male, I simply cannot comprehend his decision-making process.

I bet she becomes insufferably annoying quite quickly.

Also, he seems to have no problem getting sex in general.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

PT6A posted:

I haven't seen him that often, so I can't say, but the few times I've seen him he didn't seem too bad. Anyway, I can understand not liking one, or even two, of those people, but all three?

He's so full of himself, and so smug. On his show he doesn't really interview people, they come on and he talks about himself. When they do something like a competition between him and his guests he has to win.

He's just a smug oval office.

I agree on the other two, if you don't like them there's something wrong with you.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

holocaust bloopers posted:

Thank you, Philomena! :D

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

He's just a smug oval office.

I was about to say at least he's funny on HIGNFY, but then I realized I was thinking of Ross Noble.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 12, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Mooseykins posted:

I bet she becomes insufferably annoying quite quickly.

Also, he seems to have no problem getting sex in general.

Yeah, but... Katy Perry. I mean she could be the most obnoxious, impossible to deal with person ever but gently caress it man, it's Katy loving Perry. Why would you willingly walk away?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, but... Katy Perry. I mean she could be the most obnoxious, impossible to deal with person ever but gently caress it man, it's Katy loving Perry. Why would you willingly walk away?

She's kind of attractive, but there's plenty of women who are more attractive, and Russell Brand has enough sex appeal that he can snag them no problem.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Arbite posted:

I was about to say at least he's funny on HIGNFY, but then I realized I was thinking of Ross Noble.

Clarkson is good on HIGNFY.

T1g4h posted:

I, personally, don't have the patience for girls like that. Hot or not. I think i'd have to skullfuck her into oblivion, and then go find a girl who's a bit les.. talkative?

I'd like to gently caress/date/whatever Taylor Swift, just so she would write a song about what a oval office i am. I think that would be good.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

Clarkson is good on HIGNFY.

I agree, I was talking about Ross Noble.

And let's make the punishment fit the crime. Jezza has to complete three laps in a Reliant Robin while a Rallycross race takes place around him.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

PT6A posted:

EDIT: I watched Russell Brand's discussion on the subject, which, although I disagreed with a few points, was interesting and well-balanced. He wasn't calling for Clarkson's throat, either, even though he had some criticisms of Top Gear in general.

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ii_Q_taNBI

Clarkson needs to make more war videos. His greatest raid of all time, and war stories are awesome and super informative if your a ww2 nerd like me.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

That's the one.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

PT6A posted:

She's kind of attractive, but there's plenty of women who are more attractive, and Russell Brand has enough sex appeal that he can snag them no problem.

Fair point I suppose. I dunno why, there's just something about Perry to me that is majorly appealing.

Mooseykins posted:

I, personally, don't have the patience for girls like that. Hot or not. I think i'd have to skullfuck her into oblivion, and then go find a girl who's a bit les.. talkative?

I'd like to gently caress/date/whatever Taylor Swift, just so she would write a song about what a oval office i am. I think that would be good.

This, however, I can totally understand :v:

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

I think we're all ignoring the more important question here. Who cares about who allegedly hit who, or if Clarkson is a literal Captain Planet villain. There is something much, much more important at stake: Does this mean Fifth Gear is finally triumphant? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Preoptopus posted:

Clarkson needs to make more war videos. His greatest raid of all time, and war stories are awesome and super informative if your a ww2 nerd like me.
The PQ17 film from last year was really good, too.

LeadSled posted:

There is something much, much more important at stake: Does this mean Fifth Gear is finally triumphant? :psyduck:
Someone needs to Photoshop Tiff Needell on top of a mountain of skulls, holding Clarkson's decapitated head in one hand and a broadsword in the other.