Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You can get 2 different sideswipes, a red alert, and a prowl KO for like 110 shipped from ebay sellers. It's worth grabbing them, they're great and only need tiny modifications to the hood chest tabs so they lock in right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

You can get 2 different sideswipes, a red alert, and a prowl KO for like 110 shipped from ebay sellers. It's worth grabbing them, they're great and only need tiny modifications to the hood chest tabs so they lock in right.

I still need to pick up the rest of the Z KOs as well. Everyone in the KO community is assuming that Bumblebee and Wheeljack will be KOed any day.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

You are good people, Nefud.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I still need to pick up the rest of the Z KOs as well. Everyone in the KO community is assuming that Bumblebee and Wheeljack will be KOed any day.

Z KOs?

What other KOs are there outside of the Sideswipe mold and Prowl(that aren't almost as expensive as their real counterparts)?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It's Gokus all the way down.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The MP Autobot cars are like the best transformers ever made and I like them even better than Optimus, Soundwave and Grimlock. Seriously.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Z KOs?

What other KOs are there outside of the Sideswipe mold and Prowl(that aren't almost as expensive as their real counterparts)?

Z meaning Nissan Fairlady Z, the Prowl, Silverstreak, Bluestreak and Smokescreen mold. I need both Streaks, regular Sideswipe and Red Alert.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He looks a lot better in color. It also looks like he's transformed differently from the original black and white photo. His back looks more tightly packed.

The color definitely helps. I was iffy on MP Bumblebee's proportions until I saw him in color, too. The greyscale prototypes make it too easy to spot the little flaws that are covered up by paint choices and color drawing the eye away from them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Thanks this Menasor is missing something

Yo I got him and stuff. Sadly they fixed it and he rang up at the marked price of $10.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Reading the TFW sightings boards is depressing. I'm in New Orleans and it seems like all the stores along one particular road had Brainstorms and Motormasters and CW legends and Megatrons only a few days ago. Now it's just a wasteland of AoE leftovers and RiD2015 one step changers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Reading sightings forums or distribution discussions in general is depressing. There was a thread on cybertron.ca about how worried some guy was that we wouldn't get Arcee (spoilers: we won't) where people explained out how end of line works, possibility of stuff going to discount stores, packaging concerns and I made some points about how the first quarter always works. Then some guy busts in with "I remember a year ago when we thought we wouldn't get Scoop, Well we got Scoop [~ some justification goes here~], so I'm sure we'll get Arcee you just gotta wait!" and then they're back to being all excited about getting Arcee.

Oh and some guy raving like a lunatic about how the fact Canada often gets "snubbed" for the end of a line is some intentional slight by Hasbro, and how he doesn't have any sympathy for the shrinking toy market since clearly this would solve all their problems. As though availability problems are entirely on Hasbro's plate and Canada is somehow the worst place in the world for toy availability.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

... Okay. I believe you.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SpikeMcclane posted:

You are good people, Nefud.

I thought this thread would turn into a debate about best TF ever, but I guess Ravage puts it to bed. Good work, everyone.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

The_Doctor posted:

Reading the TFW sightings boards is depressing. I'm in New Orleans and it seems like all the stores along one particular road had Brainstorms and Motormasters and CW legends and Megatrons only a few days ago. Now it's just a wasteland of AoE leftovers and RiD2015 one step changers.

There's actually a pretty big TF Fan community down here, they sell out quick. Robby Musso got me my MP Soundwave.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Dude, Prowl is obviously the best. Okay let's try something different: who do you think is the best Transformer. We all know it's Prowl, sure. But let's pretend for a minute Prowl isn't a Transformer and is instead just a Loose Cannon Cop on the Edge who Plays by His Own Rules. Who do you think is the best one? You can't pick Prowl in this case, remember.

He looks a lot better in color. It also looks like he's transformed differently from the original black and white photo. His back looks more tightly packed.

Wait I thought Wheeljack made the dinobots. So Wheeljack.

Right?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Needs Blades swooping in at the end to save those people with all his rescue missiles.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MB13 posted:

There's actually a pretty big TF Fan community down here, they sell out quick. Robby Musso got me my MP Soundwave.

One of my counsellors at LSU had an office full of TFs and action figures, so I could see that.

So in my entire week in Louisiana I only managed to get the remaining two Superion limbs I was missing and Legends Thundercracker. Hmph. :argh:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dude, Prowl is obviously the best. Okay let's try something different: who do you think is the best Transformer. We all know it's Prowl, sure. But let's pretend for a minute Prowl isn't a Transformer and is instead just a Loose Cannon Cop on the Edge who Plays by His Own Rules. Who do you think is the best one? You can't pick Prowl in this case, remember.

It is clearly Kup, he is already a Cop who plays by his own rules, plus he leads a bunch of other cops who play by their own rules. Basically, he tells a bunch of cops who play by their own rules to play by the rules, the rules he makes.

Rhyno posted:

Yo I got him and stuff. Sadly they fixed it and he rang up at the marked price of $10.

Yep, alright Strange, email me at themy username1@yahoo.com so I can get your address.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

It is clearly Kup, he is already a Cop who plays by his own rules, plus he leads a bunch of other cops who play by their own rules. Basically, he tells a bunch of cops who play by their own rules to play by the rules, the rules he makes.

Who turns in their badge and gun to who, though?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

god war butt ron has such stumpy arms. I knew that was gonna be How It Was from the first video of Blast Off.

Worst part is, if they'd just flipped the combiner-peg mechanism, they'd be perfect-length, but look at them! So stumpy!

I love the colors though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it looks a little too busy honestly. I'm quite happy with Microblaze Bruticus.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
All this sightings talk is depressing me. I really want Megatron... are there any places still taking orders? I checked BBTS but I don't buy TFs much anymore so I'm not sure about where else to look.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

His hands come down to just above his knee, which is proper proportion. Doesn't look stumpy at all. Looks stumpy in those pictures because the angle is poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

His hands come down to just above his knee, which is proper proportion. Doesn't look stumpy at all. Looks stumpy in those pictures because the angle is poo poo.

His shoulder joint is like 3/4 an inch above his upper elbow, it's ridiculous. Stumpy and weird.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

His shoulder joint is like 3/4 an inch above his upper elbow, it's ridiculous. Stumpy and weird.

If you look at the Blast Off shoulder I think there may be some mistransformation going on. It's much higher than the other one.

Regardless, it's well within normal proportions for a human body. You're sour grapesing pretty hard here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

shymog posted:

All this sightings talk is depressing me. I really want Megatron... are there any places still taking orders? I checked BBTS but I don't buy TFs much anymore so I'm not sure about where else to look.

Jetfire is still easily found for $40. Megatron will not be some golden goose.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

If you look at the Blast Off shoulder I think there may be some mistransformation going on. It's much higher than the other one.

Regardless, it's well within normal proportions for a human body. You're sour grapesing pretty hard here.

no i mean if you unplug Blast Off and just look at the arm mode by itself, the combiner peg is really really close to the robot hip. Watch a video review, it's weird.

And that Vortex arm is a mess, but what do you expect from a figure that doesn't actually have enough clearance to spin its blades freely in copter mode?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

no i mean if you unplug Blast Off and just look at the arm mode by itself, the combiner peg is really really close to the robot hip. Watch a video review, it's weird.

And that Vortex arm is a mess, but what do you expect from a figure that doesn't actually have enough clearance to spin its blades freely in copter mode?

Yeah, I see what you mean in regards to that. I have the first four so I guess I'm just used to it, plus Blast Off is probably the roughest of the four, even with Vortex's bonehead copter blade problem. There's more you can do with Vortex in arm mode, especially in compacting the blades a bit, but reviewers gonna review.

My biggest complaint is the ridiculous cannons jutting out of the backs of his ankles, but I guess you're not really supposed to look at him from the back. Still...you couldn't make those fuckers fold up against the leg or something?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The entire team looks like they needed a second draft. Vortex's blades are seriously amateur hour, especially considering how tertiary-at-best the rear rotors are to the transformation engineering, and look at how HUGE that rectangle on the Vortex-Shoulder is in the second of the two images I posted is.

If they'd made the combination pegs such that they were jointed at the top, and flipped UP, like on Combiner Wars figures, it'd make the arms a little longer (good, IMO) but more importantly give some breathing room between the shoulders and elbows.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

oh and them not being Scramble City is kinda silly in this day and age but they're aiming to a market that'd never actually swap Bruticus' limbs around from "proper" anyway, plus Scramble City is kinda pointless when no two combiners, even from the same company, really share connectors or proportions, so w/e

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Well again, a lot of the Warbotron pieces are removable, foldable, and modular, so much of what you're seeing there is just the reviewer's choice of how he positioned stuff. There are some really awful angles in that photo set, almost designed to make it look bad (not that the TFW thread is doing anything other than jerking off over them). Maybe it's just because I can look at them in three dimensions but they just don't look that bad in person.

DoctorWhat posted:

oh and them not being Scramble City is kinda silly in this day and age but they're aiming to a market that'd never actually swap Bruticus' limbs around from "proper" anyway, plus Scramble City is kinda pointless when no two combiners, even from the same company, really share connectors or proportions, so w/e

I'm actually kind of maybe not going to get the Unique Toys Terrorcons because Cutthroat has to be an arm and Blot has to be a leg and that's not how they go! :argh:

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry Doc, gotta go with Keldroc on this one. Yes, Warbotron has its flaws, but their stuff is the closest we've ever gotten to Masterpiece Combiners so far. Their Bruticus looks sick. The individual figures also all feature intuitive transformations and are just fun

I'm in with these guys for the long haul and I hope they eventually do all of the G1 Combiners.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm game to see what they can pull off with the Stunticons but that Bruticus does nothing for me.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I just wanna get combiner wars wave 2 and that megatron. Mash F5 on Amazon all day evvyday 420 :420:

I did actually manage to get Motormaster off Amazon and find Optimus in Target today, which is amazing because my local stores have traditionally be a wasteland for years, but I can't really get their legs to work right in combined mode. And Motormaster doesn't like to peg together all that well as a truck. :(

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
MP Tracks Pre-orders going up
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010585&page=top

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

Well again, a lot of the Warbotron pieces are removable, foldable, and modular, so much of what you're seeing there is just the reviewer's choice of how he positioned stuff. There are some really awful angles in that photo set, almost designed to make it look bad (not that the TFW thread is doing anything other than jerking off over them). Maybe it's just because I can look at them in three dimensions but they just don't look that bad in person.

I'm actually kind of maybe not going to get the Unique Toys Terrorcons because Cutthroat has to be an arm and Blot has to be a leg and that's not how they go! :argh:

that blot toy is so COOL though

i love nosemonsters and if I were to get one 3P combiner component without completing the set, it'd be him

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

that blot toy is so COOL though

i love nosemonsters and if I were to get one 3P combiner component without completing the set, it'd be him

Yeah, I have considered just getting him, because he does look pretty great.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Who turns in their badge and gun to who, though?

Both, to Optimus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Warbo's arms aren't stumpy at all, they are properly proportioned to his body and end at the middle of the thighs. With its size I'm hoping it doesn't have stability problems in combo mode since Onslaught's being released last. But like someone said some of them definitely feel like they needed a second pass, particularly Vortex.

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, I have considered just getting him, because he does look pretty great.

He does! But somehow I feel like the following two aren't up to Blot's standards.. they're not bad at all, but I dunno, they're like a bit... plain? Which is weird to say about landsharkbots and cerberusbots (orthrosbot?) which should be more awesome.