Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Katy Perry is a lab creation. She's GiP's lady mascot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

T1g4h posted:

Fair point I suppose. I dunno why, there's just something about Perry to me that is majorly appealing.

It's the fantastic tits.

LeadSled posted:

I think we're all ignoring the more important question here. Who cares about who allegedly hit who, or if Clarkson is a literal Captain Planet villain. There is something much, much more important at stake: Does this mean Fifth Gear is finally triumphant? :psyduck:

No.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Katy Perry is a lab creation. She's GiP's lady mascot.

You know that bit in the middle of Apocalypse Now, where they come across the camp where the Playboy girls are, and everyone's gone loving insane? I could imagine her in that scene, still talking about fluffy kittens and rainbows while some dude who hasn't even seen a woman for a year is like "Umm.. yeah, great, can you get your top off while you're doing that?"

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 12, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mooseykins posted:

You know that bit in the middle of Apocalypse Now, where they come across the camp where the Playboy girls are, and everyone's gone loving insane? I could imagine her in that scene, still talking about fluffy kittens and rainbows while some dude who hasn't even seen a woman for a year is like "Umm.. yeah, great, can you get your top off while you're doing that?"

gip.txt

She has a great butt.

See this is an acceptable thread derail.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I'm not much of a tit man, and her face always gives me an uncanny-valley vibe, so I can totally see how, if she were annoying, someone would choose to leave her.

Especially if you're Russell loving Brand.

Being hot can only get you so far if you're unpleasant to be around.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

PT6A posted:

I'm not much of a tit man, and her face always gives me an uncanny-valley vibe, so I can totally see how, if she were annoying, someone would choose to leave her.

If? :stare:

PT6A posted:

Being hot can only get you so far if you're unpleasant to be around.

I imagine she is the epitome of this sentiment. She strikes me as one of those annoying girls who got into fame/fortune so quick and easy that she really has no actual life experience and doesn't know about hard graft and how the world really works. I could be wrong, but i doubt it in this case.

She makes decent eye candy, and i wouldn't turn her down. But gently caress marrying her, hell no.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Katy Perry is poo poo hot but from all reports Brand is a much quieter person in private and couldnt deal with Perry's party girl antics. Something about csome sort of crazy / sexy equation, she tops out crazy AND sexy?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
T.Swift > Katy Perry

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

T.Swift > Katy Perry

:getout:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
If were talking about chicks we will never bang, im partial to the classics.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Preoptopus posted:

If were talking about chicks we will never bang.

:stwoon:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Lol this loving thread

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

T.Swift > Katy Perry

Denise Milani > Everyone

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cat Terrist posted:

Denise Milani > Everyone

Tessa Fowler > Denise Milani.

Dem ta-tas. :stare:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Mooseykins posted:

Tessa Fowler > Denise Milani.

Dem ta-tas. :stare:

Close but noooooooooooooooooooooooooope

Edit : I'd still give her an epic hammering that said

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

T.Swift > Katy Perry

Girl's got legs for days but she needs a goddamn Whopper.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Saw that May, when asked wether he'd seen the situation, said he hadn't because he was blind drunk. There's a good chance he was taking the piss or giving an answer that he hoped wouldn't lead to follow-ups. However, if they'd been drinking then I can totally see someone throwing a punch over lack of food.

Sorry for disturbing the titty-derail.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
If they'd all been drinking this needs to disappear even quicker. If the worst thing that happened at my work parties was someone throwing a punch over the buffet, they'd be a lot tamer than they actually are.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
The irony being that Clarkson actually does get about on a bike as much as he says he hates cyclists?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm firmly on the "Katy Perry is really hot, but suspect she'd irritate the poo poo out of me" bandwagon.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

If they'd all been drinking this needs to disappear even quicker.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

lt_kennedy posted:

The irony being that Clarkson actually does get about on a bike as much as he says he hates cyclists?
I think you posted the wrong picture.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Employment law shouldn't apply to wealthy drunk people.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
gently caress it, if Clarkson's really gone, why not shoot for the moon and pitch the job to Idris Elba? He's a big loud petrolhead with plenty of screen presence, and they only make ~8 episodes a year so it wouldn't exactly decimate his film schedule.

Plus having a (relatively - he'd be the youngest of the three) young black guy doing the Clarkson shtick would hopefully keep the hemp enthusiasts at bay for a year or two. Replace the Stig with Sabine Schmitz at the same time and they'd probably go until May retires.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

cloudchamber posted:

Employment law shouldn't apply to wealthy drunk people.

Have you ever been to a work party? I used to work in the media, and if people weren't punching each other they were being sick up the walls and having adventurous sex with each other's wives. This would be a complete non-event if not for the involvement of Clarkson and the weird agendas of hemp enthusiasts.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Have you ever been to a work party? I used to work in the media, and if people weren't punching each other they were being sick up the walls and having adventurous sex with each other's wives. This would be a complete non-event if not for the involvement of Clarkson and the weird agendas of hemp enthusiasts.

This whole thing is a big deal dude whether you like it or not. The BBC wouldn't have suspended Clarkson if he hadn't done something seriously wrong. Think of how much it's going to cost them in terms of audience and the fines they'll have to pay foreign broadcasters for failing to deliver a completely new season of the show on time. No company would do that to themselves unless they absolutely had to.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Someone got canned at my place for a fight at a company meal out, I believe it was a "company image" issue as far as the decision went.

I don't entirely agree with that decision, but I do understand it.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

PT6A posted:

So, can someone explain to an ignorant Canadian why there are so many people in the UK who seem positively giddy at the prospect of Clarkson getting canned? I get why the Argentinians are pissed off at him, I get why the Mexicans are pissed at him, etc., but I can't figure out why people in the UK seem to dislike him so much.

Is there a Canadian equivalent? I can't think of anyone, outside of actual politicians, who's so divisive.
Sorry for the late reply, but:

Because Top Gear is one of the few things Britain has that it is a little bit like the manufactured culture-wars-inspired controversies that you see in the American media. Think of it as the British version of Benghazi or something. Large swathes of the commentariat think they have to have an opinion on it. The left have, over the last several years, turned opposition to Top Gear into a signifier of all that is good and correct: opposition to racism, climate-change denial, UKIP-style little-Englanderness and sexism. The right have responded by likewise turning support for Top Gear into a signifier of all that is good and correct: the ability to speak one's mind, the ability to enjoy life and standing up for True Englishmen against the bullying grey mob of PC bores that are apparently taking over the country.

It's got to the stage where no-one actually cares about the show, or the latest bit of controversy, in itself. If you read the comments on any British news website it will be a bunch of people saying "Clarkson is a horrible racist oaf and a boor and I'm glad we've finally got him bang to rights" and another bunch saying "he's a hero who stands up for the little man and talks like an ordinary human being, not like you muesli-knitting sandal-wearing Hampstead hippies". No-one is actually talking about the issue in question, namely whether he punched a dude or not, because no-one really cares. It's all just a display to prove your left/right-wing credentials in the eyes of your peers.

Also like Benghazi, or "you didn't build it", or whatever the latest version of this is in the States, I imagine it's something that seems deeply important to meeja types in London but probably doesn't really occupy the thinking of the vast majority of people who watch TV, whether they're fans of the show or not.

This article pretty much nails it:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/02/revulsion-jeremy-clarkson-progressives-bigots

quote:

Still, we've all got to have a view, haven't we, and the apparent popularity of these stagey debates among the vocal might seem to imply that to be tired of race rows is to be tired of life. But are these increasingly, troublingly identikit explosions what the idealists might hope: a sign of hand-over-fist progress, where what once might have been regarded as a minor offence is now come down upon like a ton of bricks by a righteously avenging force that swells in number by the day? Or are they becoming the elevator music of public life, an insidious reinforcement of a polarised status quo, a pseudo event in which the chief bigots are privately more than happy to get caught up because it galvanises their own troops?

tl;dr: it's Britain's dumb version of the dumb culture wars

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 12, 2015

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
From Oisin's twitter:

"...never actually hit me and it's been blown out of proportion by the press this matter will be sorted out Jeremy is my friend"

Well, what the gently caress just happened? Did they want a week off this badly?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Whoa!!! When did this thread get all D&D? You're supposed to use this thread to post pictures of female celebrities not post you opinions about Jeremy Clarkson. (Unless you're defending him from some comments you read in The Guardian. You can do it all you want in that case.)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want to know what the driving shoes/loafers Clarkson wore in the most recent episode before his smash attack on a plebe.

lt_kennedy posted:

Well, what the gently caress just happened?

The UK is a literal nanny old lady among a continent of delusional looneys. edit: Bureaucracy in the UK is dumb.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 12, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah keep in mind that this is the place where they'll outlaw pointy sticks and try to make useless kitchen knives because normal ones could potentially be used to hurt someone. They'll ID check you when buying loving super glue. Of course they'll get their panties in a bunch over nothing.

Or maybe Clarkson did punch him (which is a fireable offense in any normal company) and now they're trying to cover it up because the whole thing was making everyone too much money. Which is what I'd do if my cash cow punched me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cloudchamber posted:

Whoa!!! When did this thread get all D&D? You're supposed to use this thread to post pictures of female celebrities not post you opinions about Jeremy Clarkson. (Unless you're defending him from some comments you read in The Guardian. You can do it all you want in that case.)

Shut up.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

gently caress it, if Clarkson's really gone, why not shoot for the moon and pitch the job to Idris Elba? He's a big loud petrolhead with plenty of screen presence, and they only make ~8 episodes a year so it wouldn't exactly decimate his film schedule.

Plus having a (relatively - he'd be the youngest of the three) young black guy doing the Clarkson shtick would hopefully keep the hemp enthusiasts at bay for a year or two. Replace the Stig with Sabine Schmitz at the same time and they'd probably go until May retires.

Hey now - us hemp enthusiasts love top gear!

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

lt_kennedy posted:

From Oisin's twitter:

"...never actually hit me and it's been blown out of proportion by the press this matter will be sorted out Jeremy is my friend"

Well, what the gently caress just happened? Did they want a week off this badly?

Got a link to his twitter account?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

lt_kennedy posted:

From Oisin's twitter:

Sounds more likely there was a pretty loud discussion, maybe some minor shoving, a third party to all of it got all SJW for that Oison dude and either went directly to the BBC and reported his version with lots of prose and artistic license, or started a round of Chinese whispers that ultimately led to the BBC, too. Happens at any workplace regularly.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

From Oisin's twitter:

"...that quote isn't actually real you morons."

Man what the hell is going on?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Don't you see? He's being ironic.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Rectal Placenta posted:

Don't you see? He's being ironic.

Like on Top Gear.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

cloudchamber posted:

Like on Top Gear.

Shut up.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

FiftySeven posted:

Got a link to his twitter account?

Here's the Twitter link in case anyone else wants to peek

https://mobile.twitter.com/TymonOisin

I'm pretty sure this account is fake though, not sure anyone's that dumb to tweet this much about one thing. That, and he has no older tweets. Source of some quotes posted here.

LeadSled fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

Measly Twerp posted:

Jesus loving christ, get over yourself. If you don't want to hear racist, bigoted things, then fine, turn off the computer and unplug the phone.