Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

I remember a boat and the main character having the most ridiculous running animation, but that's it.
Under normal circumstances, it's just a packaged budget running animation with nothing particularly bad about it aside from that it was obviously done cheaply. After you recruit Cedric and, what, triple your run speed, though, it goes full "oh no, I shat my pants!" mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I really liked this, though! Your various accomplishments in that game felt really satisfying.
it felt satisfying the first five times the game went 'these odds are insurmountable! We have to rely on cunning and wits to take them out!' and then halfway through a random event planned by lucretia reduced the enemy to half your size.

But then the sixth time happened and it ust got old.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah, Lucretia was just way too good. I've just never been too big of a fan of the Suikoden strategists.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ceasar is 3 was pretty great, because he hosed up a good deal, so his victories felt earned.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

really strategists in video games are usually a little hosed because they so often just wind up godmoding the player through the game, like lucretia does

i like how the fire emblem series handles strategsts because they usually just supply plans of attack and then the actual in-battle tactics are up to the player

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/ateliergames/posts/927702767273915

Gust is linking reviews for Atelier Shallie that mention the game breaking bug.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Rascyc posted:

Yeah, Lucretia was just way too good. I've just never been too big of a fan of the Suikoden strategists.

The worst part is that they pay lip service to Lucretia's darker side early on and then never really go anywhere with it. If she had been anything less than infallible and/or pulled some really nefarious Leon Silverburg poo poo to win you the war in the end, she would've been a really interesting character, but... nope. Instead they did a lot of those things with Sialeeds, and she's a way better character than Lucretia partly because of that.

Elenor was the best strategist. Drunk most of the time, could barely gather the energy to give a gently caress about anything, kind of like she was self-aware about which Suikoden game she was stuck in.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the guy who does the art for the atelier dusk games has pretty art, it's nice

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I think I'm going to make an Atelier thread so i don't need to make bad posts about shallie in here. look forward to it

speaking of bad posts about shallie - Linca with glasses :eyepop:

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 12, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Finally went back and beat that final boss of Star Ocean 3. After several attempts. In under five minutes.
Apparently, in the PAL release his Insanity Prelude was tweaked to cover the entire field leaving no safe spots.:downsbravo:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

I think I'm going to make an Atelier thread so i don't need to make bad posts about shallie in here. look forward to it

There was one, once upon a time. Maybe a general Gust thread but something along those lines. Hopefully yours doesn't die the same way.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

There was one, once upon a time. Maybe a general Gust thread but something along those lines. Hopefully yours doesn't die the same way.

eh if it dies i'll just make a new one when the next atelier game comes out, threads don't need to be perpetual monuments that will survive even as we die

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

crawling in my skin these wounds they will not heal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Apdfz4HNrY

everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

the guy who does the art for the atelier dusk games has pretty art, it's nice
its a woman, her name is hidari

she did the art for toukiden too

and a few anime

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

crawling in my skin these wounds they will not heal

It's really good, isn't it?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

It's trying to compete with persona 3 battle song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RKF6gqCXiM

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I thought it'd be ok since I enjoy both Persona and Blue Dragon OSTs, but this just doesn't sound that good.
Bring back Shimomura or get the guy from Deep Purple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWtpAzbEnc8

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Bleusilences posted:

It's trying to compete with persona 3 battle song:

Nah, it's closer to Persona Q's battle theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJM_DPqV50c

But no horns no deal.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

HGH posted:

I thought it'd be ok since I enjoy both Persona and Blue Dragon OSTs, but this just doesn't sound that good.
Bring back Shimomura or get the guy from Deep Purple:

No, let's go above and beyond. Here's a truly masterful work of art.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Quest For Glory II posted:

every song from this that gets posted takes me one step closer to my wallet

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

its a woman, her name is hidari

she did the art for toukiden too

and a few anime

i thought it was mel kishida but it turns out i'd gotten my wires crossed and he was the artist of the arland trilogy

also she did remember11? weird, she's gotten way better since

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

also she did remember11? weird, she's gotten way better since
remember 11 was like a decade ago, to be fair

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/shallie/#notice

Well, they really are trying to downplay it, but at least they are acknowledging the bug.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

There has been a minor issue reported for Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea.

This has no serious effect on the player experience.

Fuuuuck this company.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm close to 40 now so maybe that will actually get me to put the game down for a minute. Maybe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope the patch is 'in a couple of days' and not 'six months later'

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Let us see if TK can surpass the masters at Ghostlight.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

Fuuuuck this company.

I suppose it is only minor in the sense that it theoretically won't keep you from completing the game, but it does stink of PR speak.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

Let us see if TK can surpass the masters at Ghostlight.

At least I knew about that one and refused to buy Devil Survivor until the patch was out. A year later.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Now if we could get them to acknowledge the problems with Ayesha

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Butt Ghost posted:

No, let's go above and beyond. Here's a truly masterful work of art.

Just reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGIswJBe9PU

That was a pretty wtf moment when that started.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Fuuuuck this company.

oh come the gently caress on tk

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Just got my Shallie LE so I popped in here to see if there was any news. Whats the over/under on there being a patch ever.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i can't imagine there'll never be a patch, it's too game breaking for there not to be

the question is if it'll be under a reasonable time frame

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't be surprised if some intern in Japan just now opened up the email informing them of the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aph-jpXAGCY
of course I wonder if they ever patched this bug in Japan.

E: I do have to say that from what I've played so far, I think I made the right choice with the green haired Shallie. She's already met Sole, Keith, and Wilbell then another character name dropped Harry Olson. Her story seems to be the one for previous players.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 13, 2015

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aph-jpXAGCY
of course I wonder if they ever patched this bug in Japan.
They did, although I found another one late in the game where dumpstering enemies too quickly with Wilbell (because Wilbell basically dumpsters everything) causes a freeze. Basically time card animations seem to gently caress up the game in weird circumstances. The Miruca thing was when certain animations fed into the Medical Shot time card. Since one of her abilities puts all three of her time cards together in a row it caused that freeze when transitioning from the last one seen to the part where it freezes when it's supposed to play something else. This game is coded really well you see. :downs:

And yeah Shallotte is way better than Discount Totori for all sorts of reasons.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I made that. It was an atelier thread, and it died pretty quick. However, I think more people are getting into Atelier so it might do better now. Meruru had only just come out at that point.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

I made that. It was an atelier thread, and it died pretty quick. However, I think more people are getting into Atelier so it might do better now. Meruru had only just come out at that point.

you wouldn't happen to have kept the op/have a link still would you

i was planning on stealing most of your op if i could find it

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm bored as hell so here's bits of random news over the last few days from various companies.
Seems like Tri-Ace could still be making console games since the company that bought them did so with hopes to expand in that sector. That's good to know.
ImageEpoch made a game but seem to have run out of money to publish it so now Sega's handling that? Guess they're not quite dead yet.
CC2 want to make a whole bunch of next gen games and specifically some big RPG. Could be another .hack?

HGH fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Unlucky7 posted:

http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/shallie/#notice

Well, they really are trying to downplay it, but at least they are acknowledging the bug.

Okay, the bug sucks, but from just reading this it sounds like you only freeze up if you open the menu immediately after the tutorial? Or is it if you open it at any point after unlocking it? Any point at all?

If so, that's retarded.

But then, this is the company where 'L' meant low, 'M' meant medium, and 'S' meant really big? And where there were half a dozen quests that had incorrect descriptions for items to get.