Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You meant hopping, right? :downsrim:

That is how I read it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

crosshatch posted:

I preordered a doormat made of a piece of the old Portland airport carpet because I'm an insufferable hipster douchebag.
I'm trying to talk myself out of redoing the floors in my house with the PDX airport carpet.

To stake my own claim to being an insufferable hipster douchebag...

End result of a hot towel straight razor shave from here:

The Modern Man over in Montavilla. Offered a shot of whiskey at 10AM, and noticed one of my old studio mates did the hand lettering & has his beard products on sale at this location.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Ragequit posted:

Decided to replay an old classic:

Edit: I'm dumb. Awesome game.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Evil Within is a pretty cool game. It's kinda half horror movie and half just plain weird.

Only advice I can offer you is learn to headshot quickly cause god drat the enemies are bullet sponges.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Scarf posted:

Nice! Yeah I've got some friends who own a donut shop and I think they're gonna try and do a small batch of beer donuts with my spent grain.

I'm a big fan of ESBs, English Pales, and Kolsch, so I'm gonna shoot for an english pale to start.

:golfclap:

It is such a great hobby, my 20 gallon keggerator is sitting in my parents basement because my current place just doesn't have room for 5 gallon carbs or 7.5 gallon conicals or anything else. I'm going to start doing 1-3 gallon batches in bottles just to get back into it this spring because god drat I miss my saturday/sunday OCD fest.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Drone parts?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Scarf posted:

I'm a big fan of ESBs, English Pales, and Kolsch, so I'm gonna shoot for an english pale to start.

Kolsch beer is so good, it's a shame it isn't more widely available.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

loving fine, I'll ask. What are these loving things.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

Rolo posted:

loving fine, I'll ask. What are these loving things.

Oh man doing that was SO satisfying.

It's these http://flyduino.net/KISS-ESC-2-4S-18A-v11_1

They're game changers in the world of electronic speed controllers, in my opinion.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CaseFace McGee posted:

Kolsch beer is so good, it's a shame it isn't more widely available.

It is here, Coast brewery (here in Charleston SC) makes the best drat Kolsch I've ever had. I'd take it over Reisdorff and Gaffel any day. They've even started pint-canning it :dance:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16354/39238/

Scarf has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Mar 12, 2015

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Arrest that rear end! posted:

Plus I missed breakfast :argh:!

I bought a dog. Pics to come!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

They're game changers in the world of electronic speed controllers, in my opinion.

I'm still no wiser :downs:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Scarf posted:

It is here, Coast brewery (here in Charleston SC) makes the best drat Kolsch I've ever had. I'd take it over Reisdorff and Gaffel any day. They've even started pint-canning it :dance:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16354/39238/

Better than Reissdorf and brewed on this continent? :drat: I've gotta find some of that here in Wisconsin.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Jumped on the Nexus 6 as soon as Verizon started offering it on-contract. And then there's this:

I know it's not a new thing, but still ... A $40 fee to upgrade my phone and extend my contract. I'm paying money to pay money.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

:spergin: posted:

We are sure you wont find another similar sized ESC which stays as cool and react as fast as this ESC at the same Ampere draw. Due to this special integration of hard and software some features are realized which allow the ESC to peform at a real high end level, no one reacts or brakes faster on a 14 Pole Motor (quite common) RPM up to 42.000 are supported, which is simply amazing. Given this high Pole count Motors arent a problem too for this ESC too.

Oneshot125 is an alternative PWM throttle Signal that is 8 times shorter/faster then the Standard 400-490Hz signals are. It is meant to be sent instantly after each FC controll loop to have the fastest possible ESC Response.

Jesus Christ

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought some new shoes:

Jeff Banks 'Big Ben' boots that were 25% off at a local department store.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trabant posted:

Jumped on the Nexus 6 as soon as Verizon started offering it on-contract. And then there's this:

I know it's not a new thing, but still ... A $40 fee to upgrade my phone and extend my contract. I'm paying money to pay money.

You need to get away from Verizon, man. Get yourself a no-contract MVNO like Ting. Sure, you'll pay more up front buying the phone outright, but the savings over time are so worth it.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

beato posted:

I'm still no wiser :downs:

They're part of the power system for a multirotor and are used to control the speeds of each individual motor. These ones can basically communicate extremely fast with the flight controller (the brain of the quad) and the motors, as well as a bunch of other cool features. It boils down to (in conjunction with other high quality components and good tuning) the ability to have a ridiculously fast, responsive, and controllable craft. I do FPV racing, where you fly using a camera mounted in the nose of the quad which then transmits to video goggles, giving you the feeling of actually piloting the craft; as you can imagine flying at high speeds (my main quad can do 50mph+ flat out) through and around obstacles, it really helps to have your equipment be extremely responsive. I'm going to solder these into my quadcopter tomorrow and then probably crash it at high speed into a tree or something.

Trabant posted:

I bought a Nexus 6 as soon as it was launched here and I absolutely love it! The size and quality of the screen make doing stuff that's usually really annoying on a smartphone an absolute breeze; I travel a lot and I feel like I don't really need to take a laptop with me in a lot of cases now. I think if I had small hands though I would really hate it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

You need to get away from Verizon, man. Get yourself a no-contract MVNO like Ting. Sure, you'll pay more up front buying the phone outright, but the savings over time are so worth it.

Nah some people like having service 10 feet outside a major metro area.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

big mean giraffe posted:

Nah some people like having service 10 feet outside a major metro area.

I get great coverage on Sprint in the middle of Bumfuck

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

I get great coverage on Sprint in the middle of Bumfuck

Your anecdote totally makes sprint's notoriously lovely service better!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Aww, I hoping to guess they were the robot equivalent of condoms.

They're part of the power system for a multirotor and are used to control the speeds of each individual motor. These ones can basically communicate extremely fast with the flight controller (the brain of the quad) and the motors, as well as a bunch of other cool features. It boils down to (in conjunction with other high quality components and good tuning) the ability to have a ridiculously fast, responsive, and controllable craft. I do FPV racing, where you fly using a camera mounted in the nose of the quad which then transmits to video goggles, giving you the feeling of actually piloting the craft; as you can imagine flying at high speeds (my main quad can do 50mph+ flat out) through and around obstacles, it really helps to have your equipment be extremely responsive. I'm going to solder these into my quadcopter tomorrow and then probably crash it at high speed into a tree or something.

..but I guess they may as well be human prophylactics. (jk,if I had I had money to burn and time, this totally sounds awesome and would scratch that flight sim itch)

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

tribbledirigible posted:

..but I guess they may as well be human prophylactics. (jk,if I had I had money to burn and time, this totally sounds awesome and would scratch that flight sim itch)

It's a pretty fun hobby to fly things around super fast and stuff; it's also pretty fun to build them and do all the electronics and stuff. It's actually not too pricey to get into, you don't need really high end stuff to learn and a cheap ready to fly toy quad for $40 from China is a great way to learn to fly.

If you develop your skills you can end up doing stuff like this (video shot from a camera mounted on top of the quad):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DyRGpKtz-M

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

big mean giraffe posted:

Your anecdote totally makes sprint's notoriously lovely service better!

Your unsubstantiated claim sure does hold water!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tribbledirigible posted:

They are pretty much as effective as an actual condom, however.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I ordered these fly kicks:

I'd link but it was a quick sale on Touch of Modern and they are all sold out now. :(

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

HaB posted:

I ordered these fly kicks:

I'd link but it was a quick sale on Touch of Modern and they are all sold out now. :(

Nice. What's the name of your bowling league?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

PCOS Bill posted:

I know, I really do. But every time I look into it, the price/coverage combo just doesn't pan out in favour of MVNOs. Hopefully next time... he said yet again.

But on this:

PCOS Bill posted:

I mean, s/he's right -- it's nearly common knowledge that Sprint has historically been the worst of the bunch: http://bgr.com/2014/11/20/sprint-customer-satisfaction-ratings-consumer-reports/. Or maybe I just think it's common knowledge, I guess. Exceptions exist, obviously, but it seems to be the same story with Sprint every year.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

PCOS Bill posted:

No it's true I was going to switch from Verizon and was excited for a cheaper bill until I started paying attention to my friends' prepaid phones. They have decent devices but their service is spotty to okay.

This is in Austin by the way so as much as I hate Verizon, I hate paying for lovely service even more. Glad to hear your plan works for you but I completely understand why people continue to lube their rear end in a top hat for Big Red every two years.

Your company is screwing you too just in a different way.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

LoG posted:

Nice. What's the name of your bowling league?

Yeah I was about to say those are some rad rear end bowling shoes.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Trabant posted:

If you can, go into an actual Verizon store to upgrade/pre-order your phone.
I went yesterday to finally upgrade my wife and daughters iphone 4's to 5s' and they waived the $40 fee for both phones, plus threw in a case, screen and additional charger for both phones.
And my bill will stay the same.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

Android Bicyclist posted:

I'm trying to talk myself out of redoing the floors in my house with the PDX airport carpet.

To stake my own claim to being an insufferable hipster douchebag...

End result of a hot towel straight razor shave from here:

The Modern Man over in Montavilla. Offered a shot of whiskey at 10AM, and noticed one of my old studio mates did the hand lettering & has his beard products on sale at this location.

1. You are not a hipster
2. Hipsters don't call themselves hipsters
3. Don't call yourself a hipster

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Homemade sex toy speed controllers, got it.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I finally got a mechanical keyboard

was reduced from $140 to $80 and it's very nice (blue switches)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Muerte posted:

1. You are not a hipster
2. Hipsters don't call themselves hipsters
3. Don't call yourself a hipster

Thank goodness you set me straight. I was worried living in Portland for about 10 years automatically transformed me into one. :jerkbag:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

strap on revenge posted:

I finally got a mechanical keyboard

was reduced from $140 to $80 and it's very nice (blue switches)

i love my blue switches. the gf not so much when im checking stuff in the morning and all you hear is the clickity clack

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

SaltLick posted:

i love my blue switches. the gf not so much when im checking stuff in the morning and all you hear is the clickity clack

I really wanted a K70 RGB so I was willing to settle for reds but I'm so glad I didn't

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Android Bicyclist posted:

Thank goodness you set me straight. I was worried living in Portland for about 10 years automatically transformed me into one. :jerkbag:

With an attitude like that, even a hipster shave leaves you looking like a neckbeard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Can Americans please stop using the word hipster? Nobody cares that you are stupid enough to jump on the made up sub culture hate bandwagon.