Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Oh yeah, couple deals for UK goons: The Game Collection (Yes, an actual website) has Majora's Mask 3DS at £24.95 and Monster Hunter 4 for £28.95, though that's honestly just a pound less than what Amazon will get you (though still better than Nintendo or GAME). Both deals go in about six hours.

I'm admittedly thinking of saving up for a new 3DS sometime later in the year, to replace my current XL, and I'm curious what the general mood about the two successor models is. Ie, is the increase in the size of the base 3DS good enough that the extra size of the XL is not really so necessary, or is the increased price for a bigger size still justified?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

$9 with a minimum of $5 for shipping.

Yeah, that's why I'm bundling the stuff together. $5 shipping on $9 isn't worth it, but if I can get a couple other things I need, I figure it's worth it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Man I'm so pumped right now. I just finished the eShop Phoenix Wright Trilogy a couple days ago. (No, I had never played them before; yes I feel like an idiot now.) I had ordered the next two games in the series (Apollo Justice and Investigations) from Amazon on Sunday. Came home this afternoon to find my Amazon box waiting for me! :dance:

THEN I hopped on here and found out Dual Destinies is on sale too!? Man, somebody pinch me! This weekend is going to be AWESOME.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ok, this is driving me nuts.

I'm trying to preorder Deep Crimson on Amazon but it tells me it can't be shipped internationally, weirdest thing is, I've bought games with them in the past and never happened this. The preorder just went live yesterday so, is matter of time before international shipping is enabled or I'm out of luck?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Silver Falcon posted:

Man I'm so pumped right now. I just finished the eShop Phoenix Wright Trilogy a couple days ago. (No, I had never played them before; yes I feel like an idiot now.) I had ordered the next two games in the series (Apollo Justice and Investigations) from Amazon on Sunday. Came home this afternoon to find my Amazon box waiting for me! :dance:

THEN I hopped on here and found out Dual Destinies is on sale too!? Man, somebody pinch me! This weekend is going to be AWESOME.

Hah all of those other games suck!

Dual Destinies was just OK to me, but others in the thread liked it more than I did. It was nice to see new renders of the characters, but I think I just look back much more warmly on the trilogy. I was also immediately turned off by the fact that I was forced to buy a digital copy of a game with zero replay value at full price (there was no physical release of Dual Destinies in the US.)

vvvvv No, there's just one character in one case you won't recognize, but he doesn't really need an introduction, he's just there.

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 12, 2015

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Would I miss a lot going to dual destinies after finishing the trilogy?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Quick question on N3DSXL - I havent owned anything since the original DS, and I see that this doesn't come with a charger. Is it micro USB or anything standard?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You'd have to buy a 3DS-specific USB charger, which be found very easily and very cheaply on Amazon.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

enojy posted:

vvvvv No, there's just one character in one case you won't recognize, but he doesn't really need an introduction, he's just there.

well more than 1 really, but 2 of those barely have a role of importance

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

GreenNight posted:

Quick question on N3DSXL - I havent owned anything since the original DS, and I see that this doesn't come with a charger. Is it micro USB or anything standard?

It is proprietary but you can get cheap USB ones here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UNM633FGFUY2YAX

Turns out my cradle showed up today:

Of course I didn't bring my 3ds to work today...

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I've had a cradle for a while. A cool thing about this one is that you can shorten the cable by coiling it up in the cradle's underside.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Just went to try out the new worldwide tournament on the 3DS Mario Golf game so I could finally have all the tournament gear and holy poo poo, I must have been better than I thought I was, because even with the hardest golf courses and the worst green, I got myself a respectable -13 this time which is the highest score I've got on a World Tournament game ever (at least I think so).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$15 for Dual Destinies seems a great deal so I snagged it. I'm enjoying game 1 enough that I can see myself making it through the rest.

Am I reading this correctly: if you want to even buy the DLC, you have to finish the game?

If this is true, I really dig it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

$15 for Dual Destinies seems a great deal so I snagged it. I'm enjoying game 1 enough that I can see myself making it through the rest.

Am I reading this correctly: if you want to even buy the DLC, you have to finish the game?

That'd be weird because the DLC case has no direct connection to any spoilers in the main cases. It's a prequel to the game showing Phoenix's return to becoming a lawyer. It's a good case though because of the absurdity involved.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That'd be weird because the DLC case has no direct connection to any spoilers in the main cases. It's a prequel to the game showing Phoenix's return to becoming a lawyer. It's a good case though because of the absurdity involved.

Well, when I saw the DLC avaialble I started looking for it and can't find it on the eshop or on nintendos site. I don't want to play the game yet and when launched the only option is new game.

I looked around online and couldn't find anything other than a note on the wikia that says it unlocks on completion.

I'm sure someone here can shed light.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, when I saw the DLC avaialble I started looking for it and can't find it on the eshop or on nintendos site. I don't want to play the game yet and when launched the only option is new game.

I looked around online and couldn't find anything other than a note on the wikia that says it unlocks on completion.

I'm sure someone here can shed light.

Oh, it's in the game's menu after starting a new game. You'll see an option for DLC.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

$15 for Dual Destinies seems a great deal so I snagged it.
Same....and now I have enough coins to make it to PLATINUM STATUS 2015 RIP CLUB NINTENDO

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Housh posted:

Same....and now I have enough coins to make it to PLATINUM STATUS 2015 RIP CLUB NINTENDO

Oh poo poo..that's right. I just hit 1400 today and this will be another 40 more. Need more coins!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is yoshi's island super mario advance 3 a gba port of snes yoshi's island or a new yoshi's island sort of thing

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Awesome! posted:

is yoshi's island super mario advance 3 a gba port of snes yoshi's island or a new yoshi's island sort of thing

It is a GBA port of Yoshi's Island for the SNES.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Awesome! posted:

It's a port that has new levels with the original Mario Bros game included but has reduced screen size, worse graphical effects and lovely quality sound.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
The release of Outrun reminded me that the Sega 3ds classics exist and I need to get some. I've never played any of these except for Sonic and Altered Beast.

I'm thinking a rail shooter and something else. So Galaxy Force II or Afterburner II and then no idea. Streets of Rage, maybe? Might just pick up Sonic for nostalgia. Do any of them come with download play?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can't go wrong with SOR

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
remember when the 3DS not only came with a charger but actually came with a cradle smdh what a world etc etc :corsair:

Nintendo is really weird with accessories. You still cannot find the Gamecube WiiU adapter anywhere. Tons of Gamecube controllers, though! :thumbsup:

I think with piracy becoming a real thing on the 3DS, Nintendo is crazy to get rid of Club Nintendo. Penny wise, pound foolish and all that.

I had a standing cradle charger for the DSiXL that looked just like the new3DS one. Only difference is the DSiXL obviously didn't have metal contacts, so it just kind of "pushed" into the charging port. It was pretty sweet regardless. Wanna get one for my new3DS when Nintendo restocks.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I really want to grab Dual Destinies, but I swear to god it better not be one of the Platinum games next month.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

remember when the 3DS not only came with a charger but actually came with a cradle smdh what a world etc etc :corsair:

Nintendo is really weird with accessories. You still cannot find the Gamecube WiiU adapter anywhere. Tons of Gamecube controllers, though! :thumbsup:

I think with piracy becoming a real thing on the 3DS, Nintendo is crazy to get rid of Club Nintendo. Penny wise, pound foolish and all that.

I had a standing cradle charger for the DSiXL that looked just like the new3DS one. Only difference is the DSiXL obviously didn't have metal contacts, so it just kind of "pushed" into the charging port. It was pretty sweet regardless. Wanna get one for my new3DS when Nintendo restocks.

It's dumb. It's taking forever for the Gamecube adapters to show up in their store, but then here's Apex (Smash Bros. tournament) showing off pictures of all the adapters they bought and then there's GameStop selling the adapter and controller bundle for 50 bucks every once in a while.

I just want the loving adapter. :negative:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I bought Dual Destinies last week for full price. :smithicide:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-gamecube-adapter-w-1-wii-u-gamecube-controller/119617

You can pre-order it right now.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Fuzz posted:

I bought Dual Destinies last week for full price. :smithicide:

I've been wanting to get it for a long time but my laziness combined with even more laziness I hadn't gotten around to it yet. Laziness pays off for a change!

Not trying to rub it in your face, but man it's really on sale too drat! $16.79 down from $29.99 booyeah.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 12, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

never buy a game unless you are going to play it right away

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Awesome! posted:

I play every game I buy right away, for about 5 minutes at least just to make sure it works.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Awesome! posted:

I was buying the games I was gonna buy anyway to get the Club Nintendo coins now before the whole shebang expires. I almost have enough for Platinum and to get Super Mario 3D Land now.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

People who didn't buy Ocarina of Time 3DS and Pikmin 3 would beg to differ :buddy:

Did this twice and got cancellation e-mails twice. I gave up and bought a 3rd party knockoff which actually kicks rear end because it works in Windows (just need to flick a switch) and it works in vWii for playing literal Gamecube games on the WiiU. I highly recommend it.

My friend bought the Gamecube adapter when Smash came out with no problem; he found out he could get $100+ on eBay for it and sold it right away and bought the knockoff. Dude literally made money from buying Smash :lol:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's dumb. It's taking forever for the Gamecube adapters to show up in their store, but then here's Apex (Smash Bros. tournament) showing off pictures of all the adapters they bought and then there's GameStop selling the adapter and controller bundle for 50 bucks every once in a while.

I just want the loving adapter. :negative:

Buy this one, trust me:

http://www.play-asia.com/gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-pc-usb-paOS-13-49-en-70-8h2n.html

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Awesome! posted:

I really wish I could do this. I go through phases where I am really good about not buying and then I flip out and buy 10 games and fall behind.

Right now I have over 20 in my queue. Sigh. (admittedly over 10 are Zelda games after I decided I had to play them all before the new one comes out)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I bought the original Trilogy a couple months ago to play on the bus. I was hooked from the first case. The rest of the games do not disappoint. Trust me, you are in for a treat! Savor it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Silver Falcon posted:

I bought the original Trilogy a couple months ago to play on the bus. I was hooked from the first case. The rest of the games do not disappoint. Trust me, you are in for a treat! Savor it.

Suck sores!

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Kyoujin posted:

The release of Outrun reminded me that the Sega 3ds classics exist and I need to get some. I've never played any of these except for Sonic and Altered Beast.

I'm thinking a rail shooter and something else. So Galaxy Force II or Afterburner II and then no idea. Streets of Rage, maybe? Might just pick up Sonic for nostalgia. Do any of them come with download play?

I've been buying them all slowly, and I'm only missing Altered Beast and Ecco. It depends on what you're in to, but my favorites so far are Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone. Out of the two racing games I'd say Outrun is a little better than Super Hang-On, but Super Hang-On has a fun gimmick where the whole screen tilts like you were on the actual arcade machine.

As far as the first line up goes, it's really up to you. I like Sonic and Shinobi, but there aren't as many special features in those unless you count the "classic" mode which makes the screen get blurry and bubble out like you're playing on an old CRT tv.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I thoroughly enjoyed all three games from start to finish. Yes, even That Case. :colbert: I thought L33tspeak dude was funny.

Then again, I also think puns are the height of humor.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

So does this cradle just hold the 3ds after you plug in the wire? Or does it actually charge like the OG 3ds cradle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I've been buying them all slowly, and I'm only missing Altered Beast and Ecco. It depends on what you're in to, but my favorites so far are Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone. Out of the two racing games I'd say Outrun is a little better than Super Hang-On, but Super Hang-On has a fun gimmick where the whole screen tilts like you were on the actual arcade machine.

As far as the first line up goes, it's really up to you. I like Sonic and Shinobi, but there aren't as many special features in those unless you count the "classic" mode which makes the screen get blurry and bubble out like you're playing on an old CRT tv.

Thanks! I'll check them out.