Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Passengers are loving it when I play "The UBER Song" for them in my car. It brings instant smiles on everyones faces. Then I tell them that its my song and my voice they heard and they go crazy. It is a rap song but it has a very catchy hook and a unique perspective on UBER. It does contain a little explicit language so you have been warned. Hope you guys like it, if not... make a better one!

https://soundcloud.com/biggiebabylon/the-uber-song

/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
uber tuber :confused:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Boxturret posted:

uber tuber :confused:

spud.ly

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

my favorite is uber claiming that a Superbowl promotion was actually GMT instead of an American timezone screwing literally every driver out of the bonus

owns

owns the hardest

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

cyberia posted:

The phrase 'juggling a plate of greasy french fries' makes me madder than the rest of his rant, tbh. How can you juggle one plate? Was it actually a plate? Why would someone be eating off a plate (and presumably bring the plate with them from their house) when they were waiting for a cab rideshare? Why do you need to emphasise that the fries were 'greasy'? Did you have one to confirm this or is this another dogwhistle term to imply that they were lower-class / poor quality fries? Why are you so angry about driving a cab ridesharing?

from a few pages back but this guy seems like a neurotic Lady Macbeth type who suffers paranoid hallucinations of grease stains on his plush seats and might mistake lip gloss for the telltale sheen of frying oil on the lips of the hulking negress with a 4.7 passenger rating

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Condiv posted:

Passengers are loving it when I play "The UBER Song" for them in my car. It brings instant smiles on everyones faces. Then I tell them that its my song and my voice they heard and they go crazy.

this never happened

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my name's travis k and i'm here to say
i like to exploit the poor in a very big way

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!
rolling down the street in my six four
I do my own taxes I'm a contractor

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'll be frank there's people who would go nuts for that they're the same people who tend to gawk at moving walkways in airports or very, very large sandwiches

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
that little kalanik got his own cement pond
that little kalanik, he's a billionaire

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yo, you're the passenger I'm berating
but you betta not touch my driver rating

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

keep those french fries outta my ride
you're a 4.7, think I'll let that slide?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

got me a navigator on a lease
only 59 months til I own this piece

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

no health benefits, where do I sign?
can't wait to fill out this 1099

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my perfect 5-0 you about to slaughter
even after I got you some bottled water?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cancel my ride when I'm on the way?
I'll mow you down the very next day

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

theflyingexecutive posted:

yo, you're the passenger I'm berating
but you betta not touch my driver rating

keep those french fries outta my ride
you're a 4.7, think I'll let that slide?

got me a navigator on a lease
only 59 months til I own this piece

no health benefits, where do I sign?
can't wait to fill out this 1099

my perfect 5-0 you about to slaughter
even after I got you some bottled water?

cancel my ride when I'm on the way?
I'll mow you down the very next day

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

you diss travis and I'll knock you out
long hours, low pay is what I'm all about

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they're tracking me, my every movement
cuz my 4-9's got room for improvement

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
i got that rideshare poo poo that make you break your neck
WOOHAH
is that a fry-grease speck?!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

calling passengers 'pax' is hella cool
no it doesn't make me sound like a tool

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

uber drivers gettin laid, that's what they said
but I'm way too ugly to get some head

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

qirex posted:

Two separate class-action lawsuits against ride-hailing companies Uber and Lyft will go to trial before juries after the companies failed to convince Federal judges on Wednesday that drivers who work for them should be considered contractors instead of employees.

U.S. District Judges Edward Chen and Vince Chhabria said in two rulings in San Francisco federal court that juries will have to determine the status of each companies’ drivers.

Both companies currently face separate class-action lawsuits from drivers who contend that they’re employees entitled to a minimum wage, reimbursement for expenses, overtime and other benefits. Currently, the companies classify their drivers as contractors, and require them to pay expenses from their own pockets.

If a jury finds that drivers for transport network companies like Uber and Lyft are in fact employees, “it’s going to mean a lot of things,” according to Shannon Liss-Riordan, a lawyer representing the plaintiffs in the class-action lawsuit against Uber.

Under California law, both companies would have to reimburse employees for expenses like gas, tolls and insurance. They would also have to pay unemployment insurance, workers' compensation, Social Security and other benefits.

Aside from increasing the cost of doing business, the ruling could affect the valuations of both companies and similar start-ups, which rely heavily on contracted individuals to provide services that are core to their business.

A Lyft spokeswoman said the company could not comment on ongoing litigation while Uber did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Inevitable outcome of this:

"In a 5-4 decision, Justice Alito wrote for the majority [...]"

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
all my little uber Gs reportedly be gettin laaaaaaaiid when they roll with me

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
uber drivers only care about 2 things

gettin paid and gettin laid

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!
I wouldn't be surprised if the stories about Uber drivers getting laid were being astroturfed

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Beast of Bourbon posted:

uber drivers only care about 2 things

gettin paid and gettin laid

why are they uber drivers then

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
tried to use an app to call up a cabbie
saw my driver and he mothafuckin rolled right past me
but at least no one i know got raped in the bay
today was a very good day

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Pinterest Mom posted:

Inevitable outcome of this:

"In a 5-4 decision, Justice Alito wrote for the majority [...]"

i don't see this getting to the supreme court

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Dubstep Jesus posted:

i don't see this getting to the supreme court

they've been remarkably averse to such cases (given the current bench this is probably a blessing) but heres some laffs about what the flsa considers independent contractors

http://www.dol.gov/elaws/esa/flsa/docs/contractors.asp

quote:

(1) the extent to which the worker's services are an integral part of the employer's business (examples: Does the worker play an integral role in the business by performing the primary type of work that the employer performs for his customers or clients? Does the worker perform a discrete job that is one part of the business' overall process of production? Does the worker supervise any of the company's employees?);
(2) the permanency of the relationship (example: How long has the worker worked for the same company?);
(3) the amount of the worker's investment in facilities and equipment (examples: Is the worker reimbursed for any purchases or materials, supplies, etc.? Does the worker use his or her own tools or equipment?);
(4) the nature and degree of control by the principal (examples: Who decides on what hours to be worked? Who is responsible for quality control? Does the worker work for any other company(s)? Who sets the pay rate?);
(5) the worker's opportunities for profit and loss (examples: Did the worker make any investments such as insurance or bonding? Can the worker earn a profit by performing the job more efficiently or exercising managerial skill or suffer a loss of capital investment?); and
(6) the level of skill required in performing the job and the amount of initiative, judgment, or foresight in open market competition with others required for the success of the claimed independent enterprise (examples: Does the worker perform routine tasks requiring little training? Does the worker advertise independently via yellow pages, business cards, etc.? Does the worker have a separate business site?).

uber is hosed

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

uber drivers gettin laid, that's what they said
but I'm way too ugly to get some head

is it time for a yospos project

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i don't think you need yospos' help to go blow some uber drivers

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

there once was a young man named ned
with finances deep in the red
he said 'like a goober
i was driving for uber
and i had my paychecks disrupted'

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

fritz posted:

there once was a young man named ned
with finances deep in the red
he said 'like a goober
i was driving for uber
and i had my paychecks disrupted'

i have some concerns about the rhyming scheme here

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

uncurable mlady posted:

i have some concerns about the rhyming scheme here

it is v problematic for me as well

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
is this the thread where we don't like uber much?

http://blog.uber.com/un-women

quote:

we are proud to share with The Uber Community that we are embarking on a new global partnership with UN Women with the goal of accelerating economic opportunity for women. As part of our commitment to this goal, Uber will create 1,000,000 jobs for women as drivers on the Uber platform by 2020.

if only we could get more women into underpaid exploitative jobs

thun

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

will they only get 2/3rds of the surge multiplier

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

uber.com/unwomen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

i don't think you need yospos' help to go blow some uber drivers

i wouldn't be so quick to underestimate his incompetence, but either way i sure as hell ain't interested in that project

• Locked thread